Chapter 44: Where'd You Go?

I'm Not Cute!

A/N: Please read this before continuing on ---> http://www.asianfanfics.com/blog/view/916314


Eunhyuk’s POV

“Oh, I’m so sorry,” I apologized to the man that bumped into me. We both bowed slightly to each other before walking away. I could barely see anything in this rain shower, let alone hear anything. Many people were either walking on the streets with their umbrellas or trying to find a place to stay dry. I heard many cars driving by and some even honking their horns. Shops were still open but I knew they wouldn’t be for very long.

 

 

I don’t know even know what I’m doing out here so late at night. Okay, maybe it’s only like eight in the evening but I could be doing better things right now. Like maybe sleeping or watching TV. But no, I decided to do the one and only thing I’ve been doing for many days now.

 

 

Search for Donghae.

 

 

I gave up calling or texting him since I got no replies back. I’ve looked everywhere around town for him, hoping that somehow I’ll just bump into him by coincidence. But it hasn’t happened yet. And I honestly don’t know what to think right now. It’s like right after we came back from vacation he just…disappeared. At first I was worried, then I was annoyed, then I was scared, and now…I don’t even know. I just want to see him.

 

 

I need to see him.

 

 

I still need to tell him that I love him.

 

 

I honestly don’t know what I thought coming out here in the rain would help me find him quicker. I can barely see anything. I mean, it was perfect weather earlier. Maybe an hour ago or so? And then all of a sudden it just started pouring. I’m glad I was able to buy a cheap umbrella while I was out. Otherwise I would be soaking wet. Hopefully it’s just a simple mid-August rain shower. Not that I mind so much though. I don’t mind the rain; I love the smell of it. And the sound of rain hitting the ground makes me calmer, which was just what I needed since my mind has been nothing but Donghae.

 

 

Donghae…what are you doing right now?

 

 

As I continued to walk down the sidewalk, I noticed a small figure in the distance walking toward me. I figured it was a person, but they were walking rather slow compared to everyone else around them. And not an umbrella in sight, which I find rather odd. But once I walked a bit closer, I could finally recognize who it was, and I gasped in surprised as I ran toward them.

 

 

“Sungmin hyung!?” I called out. Once I reached him, I hovered my umbrella over his body. He was soaking wet; drenched even. I called out his name again, but he didn’t look at me. He kept his head hung low and stared at his feet. I put my hand on his shoulder and shook him a bit. “Hyung, are you okay? What’s wrong?” I tried asking. He finally picked up his head and looked at me with hurt eyes. Despite the rain, I could tell that he’s been crying. His red eyes say otherwise.

 

 

“Eun…hyuk…,” he replied softly, almost inaudible.

 

 

“C’mon, I gotta get you outta here.” I wrapped my arm around his shoulder guided him through the crowd of people walking by, making sure that he was still under my umbrella. He was moving rather slow, but that didn’t stop me from getting him out of the rain.

 

 

It was a long walk but we eventually made it to my apartment. I unlocked the door quickly and let Sungmin inside, not forgetting to shut the door behind me and put the umbrella away. I went straight towards my bedroom to find a pair of pajamas for him to change into before handing it to him and directing him towards the bathroom. While he was changing, I texted Ryeowook, letting him know about Sungmin’s condition and he instantly replied back saying that he was coming over.

 

 

Once Sungmin came back, I led him over to sit down on my couch. He sat quietly, looking particularly at nothing. And I just stared at him, not knowing exactly what to say.

 

 

“Hyung, are you hungry?” I tried asking.

 

 

He shook his head slowly.

 

 

“Are you cold?”

 

 

He shook his head again.

 

 

“Are you…okay?” I hesitated to ask. I waited a couple minutes for him to reply, but just as I expected, silence. I waited a couple more minutes but he still didn’t say anything. And I just stared at him, wondering what could be wrong with him.

 

 

A moment later, I heard a loud knocking at my door, and I knew it was Ryeowook, considering that I could hear his worried voice just outside my door. I opened it only to be greeted by Yesung because Ryeowook quickly passed by me and went straight for Sungmin. Okay, nice to see you too Ryeowook…

 

 

“Hyung, are you okay? What happened? Are you hurt? Are you sick? Have you been crying? Who made you cry? Is everything all right?” Ryeowook asked nonstop as he kneeled in front of Sungmin and took his hands. He looked as if he was about to cry.

 

 

“What happened?” Yesung asked me calmly.

 

 

“I’m not sure. I was just walking around by myself in town until I found him walking in the rain soaked to the bone. His eyes are red, so I assume he’s been crying,” I answered to the best to my ability. The two of us walked over to my couch and sat down to face Sungmin.

 

 

“Sungmin hyung, please talk to me! What happened!?” Ryeowook cried out. A few seconds passed until Sungmin finally noticed that the other two had arrived.

 

 

“O-oh, Ryeowook, Yesung, what are you guys doing here? No actually, Eunhyuk, why did you bring me to your place?” he asked normally.

 

 

“Eunhyuk texted saying that something was wrong because he found you walking in the rain by yourself,” Yesung answered.

 

 

“Your eyes are red hyung, are you okay? Did something happen? Where were you coming from?” I asked, but I didn’t want to ask so many questions. He probably doesn’t want to talk much right now. He was silent for a moment, and then closed his eyes shut tightly, like he didn’t want to remember something.

 

 

“I, uh, actually don’t remember what I was doing out there. I don’t even remember when it started raining. I’m sorry that I made you guys worry about me. But I’m okay now, everything is fine!” he smiled, but I knew he was lying. His voice didn’t sound convincing at all.

 

 

“Sungmin, were you by any chance with Kyuhyun earlier?” Yesung questioned. He smile immediately disappeared.

 

 

“W-why?” he stuttered.

 

 

“I tried calling him earlier but he seemed to have left his phone at home and he didn’t mention that he was going out today. I wanted to scold him for being so careless.”

 

 

“Yeah…he is a bit careless, isn’t he?” Sungmin mumbled. A grin formed on his face; a very sad grin to be exact. “He’s a bit careless when it comes to a lot of things. He deserves a good scolding for being so stupid sometimes. No, actually, he’s stupid all the time. Ever since the first day I met him, he’s always been so stupid.” By this time, tears spilled out and rolled against his cheeks.

 

 

I get it now. This is all Kyuhyun’s fault.

 

 

“Hyung, what did Kyuhyun say to you?” Ryeowook tried asking. Sungmin stood up and walked a bit away from us.

 

 

“Eunhyuk, if you don’t mind, I’m going to sleep here tonight. I’m really tired and don’t have enough strength to go home right now. I’ll see you guys tomorrow. Goodnight,” he announced. I noticed him wipe his own tears before disappearing in the hallway to my guest room. I sighed, knowing that I wasn’t going to get an answer from him tonight.

 

 

“I’m really worried about him. What should we do?” Ryeowook asked me, and I sighed once more.

 

 

“Give him time. I don’t know exactly what happened, but I know it has something to do with Kyuhyun.”

 

 

“Do you think Kyuhyun is the reason why he cried?”

 

 

“I doubt it. Kyuhyun would never do that to him. At least, not on purpose,” Yesung tried to reason. “I’ll ask him about it once he gets home. But for now, just keep on eye on him, would you Eunhyuk?”

 

 

“Yeah, I will,” I agreed. “You guys should get going now. It’s getting late.”

 

 

Yesung helped Ryeowook stand up and walked them toward my door. Before I could open it, I felt Ryeowook’s hand touch my shoulder.

 

 

“Hyung, about Donghae…did you get a hold of him yet?” he asked hesitantly. I sighed for the third time and hung my head low before shaking it. “Don’t give up yet. I’m sure you’ll reach him soon. I’ll try looking for him to and I’ll let you know if I see him, okay?” I smiled at his optimistic attitude.

 

 

“Thanks.” I opened the door waved goodbye as he and Yesung left in the rain. As I closed the door behind me, I traveled back to my couch and slumped in it.

 

 

I told Ryeowook about my decision along with Sungmin about a week ago, but even they couldn’t find Donghae. At the time, I started to think that I would never see him again, but the two of them told me to keep searching, to believe that it was only a matter of time until I’ll be able to jump into his arms again finally tell him how I really feel.

 

 

I can’t help but feel that this is my entire fault. Well technically, it is my fault. This all happened because I took too long to choose between Siwon and Donghae and I was too stupid to realize that I’ve always been in love with Donghae. If only I confessed sooner, he would be here with me, instead of wandering off to who-knows-where. At first, I wanted to find him so I could tell him that I love him. Now, I just want to know what he’s doing; where he is; if he’s eating well; if he’s gotten into trouble. I want to know if he’s okay.

 

 

I want to know if he still loves me. I want to know if he’s really still in love with me. I’m just waiting for him to pop out of nowhere and yell “Surprise!” or “Sorry to keep you waiting!” or maybe even “How have you been Hyukkie?”, but I know that won’t be happening anytime soon. To say that I miss him would be a huge understatement. I just want things to go back to the way they used to be. I want to be able to see him every day with that same stupid smile he always has, coming up to me to tackle me in a hug or take me out somewhere on our next date. I want to hear his voice as he says my name over and over again as he moves his hand through my hair, messing it up a little bit. I want to wrap my arms around his neck as he pulls me into an embrace as he holds me so tight that he never wants to let go. I want to be able to look into his eyes and instead of seeing his normal eye color, I see love. I want to be able to kiss him as he pulls me in and kisses me even harder.

 

 

Donghae, just please let me know that you’re okay.

 

 

Suddenly, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I fished it out and noticed that I had received a text from an unknown number.

 

 

To: Hyukjae

Hyukjae, meet up with me tomorrow afternoon. Let’s go eat strawberry cake together.

From: Unknown

 

 

I was bewildered at first once I read the text. Who is texting me and why do I have to meet up with them? Then my mind started to wander. Was it Siwon who was texting me? He knows I love eating strawberry cake; maybe he wants to take me out on a date again. But I have Siwon’s number already saved, and I don’t think he would text me with a different number considering that he’s been texting me nonstop with his since I haven’t really been replying to him for a while. So it can’t be Siwon.

 

 

Could it be…? No…but what if…can it really be…?

 

 

Donghae?

 

 

Could it really be Donghae? Is Donghae the one who texted me? I don’t know why but I feel scared to text back. Should I call the number instead? No, I’m even more scared of that. But what if it really is Donghae? I guess there’s no other way to find out except to just do what the text says.

 

 

Donghae, have I finally found you?

 

 

 

 

I opened my eyes due to the sun’s bright rays of light coming through the window. I looked around and realized that I had passed out on the couch, which is probably why my back hurts so much. I stood up and stretched out my arms and legs before turning my attention to the clock on the wall. It was almost noon. I was so tired that I knocked out for over twelve hours. Man, I could’ve at least changed into my comfortable clothes last night if I knew I was going to sleep on the couch. It felt like sleeping on piles of bricks. Note to self: never let any guest or yourself sleep on that piece of torture.

 

 

I walked over to my guest room to check up on Sungmin, but was surprised to see that he was nowhere to be found. I found my pajamas that he was wearing folded neatly on the bed and a small note on the pillow.

 

 

Sorry for causing you trouble last night, Eunhyuk. I wasn’t feeling right in the head yesterday and I think I just need some time away from things for a while. Don’t worry about me though. I promise that I’m okay. Tell Ryeowook and Yesung to not worry about me either. Just give me a few days to sort some things out with myself. Thanks for letting me stay the night. –Sungmin

 

 

I sighed before putting the note down. I really hope Sungmin will be okay.

 

 

Just then, I remembered the text I received from last night. I changed clothes into something more comfortable before heading out. I looked up at the sky and noticed that all of the clouds had gone away. The sun was shining brightly in the autumn sky. I took out my phone and looked at the text once more before walking. I realized only halfway that I didn’t know where I was going, but my legs seemed to know because they couldn’t stop. And honestly, I didn’t worry about it much. I just need to hurry. I just need to know.

 

 

I need to know if it really was Donghae.

 

 

In a matter of minutes, I found myself standing in front of the strawberry shop, the only place I’ve been to where I’ve had strawberry cake. I walked inside and found nobody in sight. The workers were in the back preparing new pastries, but there was not a customer in sight. And specifically speaking, Donghae wasn’t here. My heart began to sink. Maybe I got hopes up way too high.

 

 

I was about to turn around and head out until I saw a familiar face walk in. My eyes widened and I gasped.

 

 

There he was; staring at me, and I stared back at him.

 

 

It just feels too good to be true.

 

 

“Donghae…” 

 


A/N: Yeah, uh, hopefully you read that post first before reading the chapter so I don't have to explain anything here. And if you're new to this story...well...uh...it doesn't really apply to you then xD But welcome anyway~ But if you read the post and been with me for a while, I just want to deeply apologize for time I've been gone. And I hope I've made it up to you by posting a new chapter, which I haven't done in a very long time. But hopefully you still remember this story and haven't forgotten it. And again, thank you so much for sticking around, it really means a lot to me c: There's only a few more chapters left, so let's stick together till the end! Please comment, subscribe, and vote!!! <3333333 (Oh man, I haven't said that in so long ;AAAA;)