Chapter 21: Unbelievable

I'm Not Cute!

 

Ryeowook’s POV

“I’m going out now!” I exclaimed as I headed my way out of my house. Today is a special day. Yesung invited me to come hear him sing at the SM building. It’s my first time going. I can’t even express how happy I am right now! I quickly walked down the street, covering my body up with my long coat, protecting myself from the cold weather. I can’t believe how cold it still is. Good thing spring is just around the corner.

 

 

Anyway, Yesung said he’d meet me at the bus stop at exactly 9:00am, and once I got there, he was right on schedule. My heart started beating faster when he landed his eyes right on me, and his smile.

 

 

Gosh, his smile…

 

 

“Ryeowook!” he called out, motioning his hand, telling me to quickly walk over to him. I practically sprinted my way towards him, wanting to get to him as fast as I could. “Are you ready to go?” I smiled and nodded my head and the bus finally came. The both of us immediately walked inside and set ourselves down next to each other before the bus started to move.

 

 

The both of us sat in silence. There was wasn’t much to talk about anyway. Whenever I turned my head to look at him, he’d do the same, and we both would turn red and just smile at each other before looking away again, and this happened several times. You could practically just grab the awkwardness that was surrounding us. Neither of us even tried to hold a conversation, but its okay. Just being here next to him is enough to put a smile on my face.

 

 

Moments later, the bus had once again stopped. I noticed Yesung smiling as he got up, pulling me up with him. I followed him out of the bus, and right in front of me was the famous SM building. I still couldn’t believe that I was standing in front of the place I would love to be in! I was so amazed that I almost didn’t notice that Yesung started to walk in already, and I quickly picked up my pace to follow behind him. Many people greeted him as he walked by and he greeted them as well. Yesung must be really well-known around here, even though he’s still a trainee.

 

 

Once we finally reached an elevator, he pressed one of the higher floors, and we were on our way to who-knows-where. The elevator made a ding noise before it re-opened in front of what seemed to be a recording room.

 

 

“Go ahead and make yourself comfortable on that couch over there,” Yesung told me and I nodded my head as I made my way over to sit down on the beige colored couch.

 

 

“U-um, Hyung?” I called out.

 

 

“Yes?”

 

 

“Are you sure it’s okay for me to be here? Won’t you get in trouble?”

 

 

“Nope. I’ve already asked millions of times if I could bring you here and they finally said yes just so I could stop asking.” I felt my heart beating fast again. He’s wanted to bring me here for a while? That makes me even happier! Nothing could make this day go bad now!

 

 

“Yesung oppa!” I heard a girl’s voice when the elevator opened again. A girl with curly, medium length hair walked in on maybe about three inch purple heels. She wore a short purple dress and had light make up on. Who is she?

 

 

“Oh, you’re here already!” Yesung said as he smiled and walked over to her to hug her. What!? Who is she!?

 

 

“Are you ready to record?” she asked him.

 

 

“Yeah, let’s go ahead in.” Yesung went ahead and went inside of the actual recording room while the girl sat in a black chair and put a pair of headphones on. She didn’t even notice that I was in the room. I thought this day was only going to be for the two of us. I didn’t expect this girl to suddenly show up out of nowhere.

 

 

Music started to play from the speakers and I stared at Yesung as he was getting ready to sing. Finally, when I heard his voice, my heart started to flutter. His voice is the only thing I want to be listening to; it’s so soft, light, and beautiful. I would do anything to have him sing a song for me. Suddenly, we made eye contact. I smiled at him and he smiled back, making my heart beat faster and faster, but the girl started to smile as well, and that’s when I noticed that he wasn’t smiling at me; he was smiling at her, causing me to stop smiling and just sit back and listen to him sing some more.

 

 

I felt sadness creeping over me as the two of them continued to smile at each other.

 

 

Stop it. Stop smiling at him! His smile is only for me.

 

 

No, I shouldn’t say that. He’s not even mine. I can’t just claim him like that. But I hate the way how he’s smiling at her like that.

 

 

Yesung, what must I do to get you to smile at me instead?

 

 

Eunhyuk’s POV

I heard the doorbell ring as I took one last look at myself in the mirror. Siwon asked me out on a date today and I said yes. I quickly made my way out of my bedroom towards my front door and opened it, only to see a smiling Siwon standing right in front of me.

 

 

“Wow, you look great,” he complimented, causing me to blush like crazy and smile.

 

 

“T-thanks.” Siwon grabbed my hand and led me over to his car, where he kindly opened the door for me as I stepped inside. He made his way over to the driver’s seat and inserted his key to start up the car. In a matter of seconds, we were finally off. “So, where exactly are we going today?” I asked.

 

 

“Well, I know it’s still a little cold outside, but I was hoping that we’d take a long stroll around the park for a while, if that’s okay with you, of course.”

 

 

“I’d love to go, Siwon!” I agreed and we smiled at each other, but I couldn’t help but feel uneasy about this. I don’t know, maybe it’s all up in my head, but I feel like something wrong is going to happen. I mean, I just accepted a date with Siwon, not even the slightest worried about if Donghae sees us or something.

 

 

Oh well; I’m not going to let it bother me for now.

 

 

In an instant, we had already arrived at the park, where many kids were running around and playing together. Siwon got and quickly made his way over to my side, opening the door for me and offering his hand to help me out, which I gladly took.

 

 

Once I stepped out, he intertwined our fingers together and we started walking along the pathway that circled the park. There was still some snow left on the ground, and still being the little kid I am inside, I started making huge footprints in them, and Siwon just chuckled at me.

 

 

“You’re so cute,” he complimented again, and I just blushed and smiled. “Eunhyukkie?”

 

 

“Y-yes?”

 

 

“I love you.”

 

 

“…I-I know…” I stuttered as I tried to not look at him. I still don’t know what to say to him every time he says that he loves me. I can’t say it back because I know for sure that I don’t love him…maybe…

 

 

Suddenly, I heard a cheery tune playing and saw an ice cream truck coming.

 

 

“Siwon! I want ice cream!” I cheered and he looked at me like I was crazy.

 

 

“Are you sure? You might catch a cold.”

 

 

“But I want it! They might have strawberry ice cream!” I pouted. I want my strawberry ice cream! I’m not going to let the cold weather stop me from getting it! Siwon chuckled and told me to wait while he went to go get it for me. Success! I’m getting my ice cream! I guess I really had nothing to worry about today. It seems like a really good day anyway. What could possibly go wrong?

 

 

I heard laughter from behind me and turned around to see who it was. Oh, it just Donghae and some girl…

 

 

 

 

DONGHAE!?

 

 

Oh no, what’s he doing here!? He might see me! But wait, why does he look all dressed up? And why is there a girl with him, in a short red dress? What are those two doing? They’re laughing with each other and smiling. She even has her arm around his. I’ve never seen her before. Don’t tell me…are they…possibly…dating!? Donghae has a girlfriend and he never told me!? Then, why has he been telling me that he loves me!? Was he lying!? I’m so confused right now. I need answers. But I just can’t go run over there.

 

 

“Eunhyukkie, here’s your ice cream,” Siwon said as he came back, holding out the ice cream in front of me, but I was too busy looking at the other two as they both got into a black car together and drove off. I suddenly felt different. I felt…angry, confused, and a little hurt. “Eunhyukkie?” Siwon called out again and I snapped out of it and smiled at him.

 

 

“Thanks, Siwon,” I thanked as I took the ice cream and took his hand in mine and continued to walk.

 

 

Calm down, Eunhyuk. Just worry about your date with Siwon now.

 

 

Tch. Stupid fish.

 

 

Sungmin’s POV

“Bye hyung!”

 

 

“See you next time!”

 

 

“I’ll miss you Oppa!”

 

 

“Bye bye!”

 

 

“Bye kids!” I shouted as I watched all of the kids walk away from the daycare with their parents.  I sighed once they were all gone and I went back inside to grab my belongings.

 

 

“Thanks so much for helping out again today, Sungmin,” Leeteuk said as he came up to me.

 

 

“No problem, Hyung.”

 

 

“I’m surprised that Kyuhyun didn’t come today though. Usually he always comes whenever you’re here.”

 

 

“I’m pretty sure Kyuhyun has been at school all day today.”

 

 

“Would you mind giving him this boxed lunch then? I want to thank him for helping out here as well.”

 

 

“Typical Hyung, making boxed lunches just like a mother would,” I chuckled as he handed me the boxed lunch wrapped in a pink cloth. I bid my farewells to Leeteuk and Kangin and finally walked out, heading my way towards Kyuhyun’s school, which really wasn’t that far from here.

 

 

I still haven’t properly thanked him for that party he threw for me on my birthday. Yesung said that his birthday is coming up in just a few days, so I got him a necklace with the letter “S” on it. D-don’t get any wrong ideas! My mother always said that if you give someone a necklace with you first initial letter on it, it gives them strength that you’re giving them to help them pull through something tough. I can tell how tough it is having to deal with his father and all, so I hope giving him some strength will help him.

 

 

After minutes of walking, I had finally reached his school. I thought for sure that he’d be under that tree again like last time, but he wasn’t there. I heard someone talking and turned around to see Kyuhyun from a far distance. I was about to walk over to him when I noticed that he was walking with a girl. I quickly made my way over behind a tree so they wouldn’t see me.

 

 

“Oppa!” she squealed. I knew that voice anywhere and it made me grit my teeth; Hyun Jae. Aish, this girl needs to be run over with a car or something. “I’m so glad you’ve agreed to it!” Agreed? Agreed to what?

 

 

“It’s not like I have a choice,” I heard him mumble. What are those two talking about?

 

 

“This date is going to be so wonderful!” W-what!? T-they’re going on a date!? With each other!? B-but I thought that Kyuhyun didn’t even like her. Why would he agree to go on a date with her? What’s going on!? “Now we wouldn’t have to worry about that stupid Sungmin getting in our way!” What did she just say!? Now I really want to run over her with a car! Kyuhyun didn’t even say anything to her comment! Is he just going to let her talk about me like that!?

 

 

What the heck Kyu!?

 

 

“So oppa, your birthday is coming up soon…”

 

 

“So?”

 

 

“How would you feel if I gave you a necklace with my first initial letter on it? That way whenever you’d look at it, you’d be thinking of me!”

 

 

“I think that’s stupid. Why would I want that?” When I heard him say that, I felt like something inside of me broke. That was exactly what I was giving him, and he thinks it’s stupid. I hid more behind the tree when they finally passed me, so they wouldn’t notice me. I watched them walk away while I stood still. Suddenly, I saw someone else walk by and walked over to him.

 

 

“Hey, do you know Kyuhyun?” I asked.

 

 

“Yeah, why?”

 

 

“Would you mind giving this to him for me?” I gave him the boxed lunch that Leeteuk had made and quickly walked away from the school. I saw the bus already at the bus stop and quickly got on and took a seat as it drove off. I don’t know what came over me, but I felt a tear rolling down my cheek. I wiped it away, but a couple more started to form. I don’t even know why I should be crying. Why should I care about what they do with each other or what Kyuhyun likes? It’s not my problem.

 

 

Stupid Hyun Jae.

 

 

No.

 

 

 

Stupid Kyuhyun. 



 

A/N: Lawl. I'm a day late again. And its an unhappy chapter. You guys probably want to kill me now. *hides in the corner* Please don't kill me just yet! Or else you won't see the next chapter! Besides, its not that bad! Everyone get's jealous SOMETIMES :) Its natural~ But the boys have some explaining to do, or else people will start to go crazy... I promise you that you'll love the next one though :) Short author's note is short today~ Please comment and subscribe!!!! <333333333