Chapter 22: Cleared Up

I'm Not Cute!

 

Ryeowook’s POV

Yesung invited me over to hear him sing at the SM building again today. I didn’t want to be rude and decline his invite, so I accepted his invite and decided to go with him. Although, I wish I didn’t. It’s not that I don’t want to hear him sing, because I would do anything to just listen to his beautiful voice every second of the day. It’s just that there’s someone there that I wish would just go away.

 

 

That girl from last time.

 

 

I still don’t know who she is. I’ve never spoken to her and I’ve never asked Yesung about her because I felt a little too scared to ask. They must be good friends. What if he’ll think that I don’t like her? He might get mad at me. I’m not over thinking this, right? I just really want to know who she is and what she means to him. I’m not completely jealous, but maybe just a little.

 

 

I stepped out of my house and walked down the road again toward the bus stop, where Yesung would be waiting for me. I should stay positive about going with him today. I mean, at least I get to see him and be with him all day.

 

 

“Ryeowook!” I heard Yesung’s voice calling for me as I was about to reach the bus stop. I instantly smiled once I laid eyes on him and quickly walked over to him. “Are you ready?” I nodded my head as we stepped inside the bus and took our seat next to each other.

 

 

The bus began to move as I stared out the window and sighed.

 

 

“Are you okay?” he asked, and I put on a smile for him.

 

 

“I’m fine. Why do you ask?”

 

 

“You seem different today. Is there anything wrong?” Of course there’s something wrong. You give more attention to that girl than me. I may be selfish, but I just can’t help it. I want you all to myself. Is that really so wrong?

 

 

“No. Nothing is wrong,” I replied with a smile and he just smiled back and nodded before it became silent again. I have so many things to tell him, but don’t have enough courage to say anything. I hate how pathetic I am.

 

 

Moments later, the bus had stopped and we had already arrived at the SM building. As I followed him inside the building, it was just like before. People around the building greeted him and he greeted them back. We made our way towards the elevator and went up to one of the higher floors. We heard the elevator make its stop, and finally, the doors opened wide, revealing the recording room. Just like before, I made myself comfortable by settling down on the couch.

 

 

“Oh, you’re here already!” The girl from before made her way inside, and once again, hugged Yesung; ignoring the fact that I was here again. Please, don’t be so intimate with each other.

 

 

“I’ll be right back. I have to go get it in the other room,” Yesung announced as he was beginning to leave. “It”? What is “it”? Great, he’s going to leave me with the person I don’t want to be with it. Once Yesung left, the girl sat down in the black chair, turned towards me, and smiled.

 

 

“Oh, you’re here again!” she stated. So she has noticed that I’ve been here. “I’m sorry I didn’t introduce myself last time. My name is Lee Cho Hee. It’s nice to finally meet you.” She continued to smile as she stuck out her hand in front of me.

 

 

“Kim Ryeowook.” I stuck out my hand to shake hers with a smile also on my face. Of course, it was fake. She giggled, and I stared at her confused.

 

 

“Yeah, I know who you are. He talks about you all the time.”

 

 

“Who?”

 

 

“Yesung, of course.” W-what? Yesung talks about me here? “He actually talks about you all the time. I can never get him to focus on work since you’re always on his mind.” Yesung t-thinks about me even when he’s s-supposed to be working?

 

 

“U-um, c-can I ask you a q-question?” I stuttered.

 

 

“Go ahead.”

 

 

“W-who are you? I mean, who are you to h-him?”

 

 

“I’m his vocal trainer. Well, for now. My father is his real vocal trainer, but he’s busy with other things, so I’ve been filling in for him.” So that’s why they seemed a little close. Suddenly, she giggled again. “You like him, don’t you?”

 

 

“W-what!? O-of course n-not! How c-could you say s-something like t-that!?” I stuttered, trying to hide the fact that I was blushing, but I failed miserably.

 

 

“I can see it in your eyes. I’m sorry; you must’ve felt so jealous of me because he was giving me more attention to me than you. I don’t mean to seem like I’m stealing him away from you.” It’s pointless at this point to deny it now. Am I really that obvious? “Aigoo, I can’t believe that turtle-lover is so blind.”

 

 

“W-why?”

 

 

“He can’t even tell how much he means to you.” I felt my face becoming warmer. I never would’ve thought that the person I didn’t like before understood me faster than Yesung.

 

 

“W-well, it’s not like he would ever like me anyway. He doesn’t think of me that way.” She paused for a moment; like she was thinking about what to say next, before she smiled at me once more.

 

 

“Give him some time, and I swear, your feelings for him will pass through to him, and he’ll realize what you mean to him. Don’t give up yet, okay? I’m rooting for you, Ryeowook. Fighting!” I felt much happier. All this time, I thought she was stealing Yesung away from me, when she was actually cheering for me. I guess I was just thinking too much before. Of course, Yesung can only belong to me, and nobody else.

 

 

“I’m back!” I heard Yesung’s voice as he came back in.

 

 

“Are you ready?” Cho Hee asked him, and he nodded his head.

 

 

“C’mon Ryeowook, let’s go!” Yesung grabbed my hand and pulled me inside the actual recording spot. He set a couple sheets of paper on a music stand, put headphones on top of his head, and then a pair on me.

 

 

“What are we doing?” I asked.

 

 

“Remember that song that I was singing last time we were here?”

 

 

“Yeah.”

 

 

“Well, I want you to sing it with me; that is, if you want to.” I started blushing again. I looked towards Cho Hee and she winked at me. I smiled and nodded my head at him. Cho Hee pressed the play button and music instantly began to play.

 

 

I felt happy again. I had nothing to worry about.

 

 

I’m falling more in love with you, Yesung.

 

 

I hope you’ll realize it soon.

 

 

Eunhyuk’s POV

“Does it taste good, Eunhyukkie?” Siwon asked me.

 

 

“Yeah! You gotta tell me how you make such a delicious strawberry cake! It’s perfect!” I exclaimed as he chuckled at me.

 

 

“How about I’ll teach you how to make it next time?”

 

 

“Really!? Yay!”

 

 

I guess you’re wondering why I’m out with Siwon again. He asked me out on another date to walk around the park again, but this time, we sat at a picnic table and he brought me a slice of some homemade strawberry cake, and let me tell you; it felt just like being in heaven! I didn’t mind going out with Siwon again. I’m getting closer and closer to him, restoring our friendship that was once lost. But that’s not the only reason why I agreed to going out with him. Donghae has been trying to call me for days, but I’ve been annoyed by him, so I’ve been ignoring him. I’m still a little mad him that he was with a girl the other day. It may not be the best idea to ignore him and just ask him about it, but I really don’t want to talk to him. At least, not now.

 

 

“I think I’ve started to realize something,” Siwon suddenly stated.

 

 

“What’s that?”

 

 

“I think you’re starting to fall in love with me.” I gulped down my cake and began getting warmer. Well, I have been hanging with Siwon a lot recently. Is he right? Am I falling in love with him? Suddenly, he looked behind me, looking surprised. I looked behind me and gasped. I saw Donghae and that girl walking towards us, with her hands wrapped around his arm. Great, just what I needed.

 

 

“Ah, Siwon oppa!” she screamed as she went around to hug Siwon. Wait, what!? How does she know Siwon too!?

 

 

“It’s good to see you too, Hana,” Siwon chuckled as he hugged her as well. What the heck is going on here!? I looked towards Donghae, who was just staring at me with a blank expression. Just by looking at him was getting me mad.

 

 

“Hmph, I never would’ve thought that I’d be seeing you again,” she mumbled at me. Do I even know this girl?

 

 

“You don’t remember her, do you Eunhyukkie?” Siwon asked me. I shook my head. He pulled out a picture from his jacket and showed it to me. It was the picture that he showed me before; the one with the both of us and the two other kids. I looked more closely at the girl in the picture, then back to the girl glaring at me, then back at the picture, then back at her.

 

 

And then it hit me.

 

 

I remember her. Kim Hana; the girl who I used to always be competitive with. I hated her. She was always better than me at everything; especially dancing. And it always pissed me off whenever I’d see her. Even though we hated each other, she’d always be around me and Siwon. She used be in love with every guy in the school, but mostly Siwon. She’s always take my best friend away from me.

 

 

“Heh, long time, no see,” I mumbled back at her, she just rolled her eyes at me.

 

 

“So Siwon, what are you doing here?”

 

 

“I’m just hanging with my old friend.”  

 

 

“With him!? You could be doing better things! Like taking me on a date!” The two of them just laughed like it was no big deal. Hello, I’m still here! “Just kidding! We can hang some other time oppa. Right now, I’ve been with Donghae oppa on dates!” I felt my temper rising higher and higher. I looked at Donghae again, who was still just staring at me. What’s wrong with him!?

 

 

“Well that’s good. That way, the two of us can be together, right Eunhyukkie?”

 

 

Slam!

 

 

I slammed my hands on top of the table as I stood up, startling the three of them. “I-I’m sorry. But, I really think I should be getting home right now.”

 

 

“Oh, let me take you home the-“

 

 

“It’s okay, Siwon. I can walk home. Thanks for today.” I shouldn’t have decided to leave like that, but I couldn’t take being around with her. I hated her before, and I hate her now. And the fact that she’s with Donghae now just makes me even angrier.

 

 

“Eunhyuk!” I turned around and saw Donghae walking towards me. Before I could even react, he grabbed my hand and began to drag me.

 

 

“H-hey! Let go of me!” I shouted, but he didn’t respond. I heard Hana calling out for him, but he still didn’t say anything.

 

 

We eventually ended up at a black car. He opened one of the doors and threw me inside before closing the door and locking it, so I wouldn’t get out. Instantly, he got in the driver’s seat, the ignition, and began to drive.

 

 

“Let me out of here!” I yelled. “Don’t you know that this is kidnapping!” I continued to yell, but he didn’t say a word. He just kept his eyes on the road and stayed silent. I turned my head a little to look into his eyes. They were different; a bad different. I knew he was mad. What could he possibly be mad about?

 

 

After minuets of silence and driving, Donghae finally stopped the car, and in front of me was the ocean. I could smell the salty sea water from inside the car.

 

 

“Eunhyuk,” Donghae finally spoke out, but he sounded completely angry. “Why have you been ignoring me these past few days?”

 

 

“I-I don’t k-know what you t-talking abo-“

 

 

“Why have you been with Siwon all this time?”

 

 

“W-well, t-that’s because-“

 

 

“I thought I told you not to be around him!”

 

 

“Says the person who got himself a girlfriend!” I yelled, and he was startled a bit. “Who are you to say who I can and who I cannot hang out with when you can yourself!?”

 

 

“What are you talking abo-“

 

 

“Who goes ahead and says they love me and then gets a girlfriend!? Do you think that I’m a joke to you!? Because I’m not laughing!” Tears began rolling down my face. I don’t know why they started to come out. It’s probably just because I was angry. “I saw you two walking together the other day on a date.” It became silent for a moment. Nothing could be heard except for the sound of the waves from outside.

 

 

Suddenly, I heard laughter. I looked at Donghae who was laughing lightly at me. “Why are you laughing?” I asked.

 

 

“Because you’re so cute.”

 

 

“Huh?”

 

 

“I didn’t know you’d be that jealous of someone who isn’t my girlfriend.” W-what did he just say?

 

 

“Wait, you mean, Hana isn’t your girlfriend?”

 

 

“Nope. She’s a new trainee at SM, and we quickly became friends. The other day, she said she wanted to treat me to this fancy restaurant, so we dressed up that day to go. Why would you think that she would be my girlfriend?”

 

 

“W-well, considering that she obviously likes you and all…”

 

 

“Really? She likes me? I never would’ve thought…” Oh no. Don’t tell me that he’s been this oblivious this entire time.

 

 

I feel completely stupid now.

 

 

Donghae got out of the car and went on the other side to open my door, offering his hand to help me out. I took his hand and stepped out to feel the ocean breeze blow on my hair. I looked at Donghae, who showed me another one of those sweet smiles that set the butterflies fluttering. He wiped his thumb over my eyelids to wipe away the tears that were still on my face.

 

 

“Didn’t I tell you before? I’m never going to stop loving you. Ever. I promise you that. Okay?” A small blush crept along my face as I nodded my head. Immediately, he placed a quick peck on my lips before taking me in his arms, holding me tight around my waist, and I held him as well.

 

 

“I love you, Hyukjae.”

 

 

Good.

 

 

Don’t ever stop.

 

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

I yawned loudly as I sat back on the couch, watching TV, and sipped on a glass of wine. Not exactly what I had in mind on spending my birthday evening, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. My father planned a “birthday party” for me to attend around this time, but that would be boring. After all, his idea of a birthday party is having a bunch of business men and women congratulating me on becoming a year older and discussing what I’m going to do with my life. Even just thinking about it puts me to sleep. Hyun Jae even planned a surprise party for me with people that I didn’t even know. I didn’t even want to go to that. I’m not enthusiastic about celebrating my birthday and getting presents anyway. I’d rather just stay home and do nothing.

 

 

“I’m home!” Yesung screamed as he came inside, quickly closing the door so the cold air wouldn’t get in. “Happy Birthday Kyuhyun!” he cheered as he handed me a present. Well, I never said that I never wanted any presents at all.

 

 

I quickly unwrapped it and smiled as I saw the latest game that was out. I don’t even know what it’s about, but I’ve wanted to try it for a long time now. “Thanks!” I thanked. “So, were you with Ryeowook all day again?” Yesung choked on the water that he drinking as he sat down next to me.

 

 

“W-well, y-yeah, b-but….” This guy is really easy to figure out. “A-anyway, what’s with Sungmin? What did you do?”

 

 

“What? What do you mean?”

 

 

“Ryeowook says that he’s been really angry with you. Something about Hyun Jae I think.” Hyun Jae? Don’t tell me…was he there at my school the other day? Did he overhear our conversation? Duh, of course he was there! Who else would’ve brought that boxed lunch to my school!? Leeteuk couldn’t have done it since he doesn’t know what school I go to. Damn it! I’ve made him mad!

 

 

“Where’s Sungmin right now?” I asked.

 

 

“How would I know? Let me ask Ryeowook.” Yesung took out his phone and began texting. “What did you do?”

 

 

“I’ve made a misunderstanding that I need to clear up. It’s my fault that I got him mad.”

 

 

“You seem more caring than before.”

 

 

“W-well, that because…I…”

 

 

“You like him, don’t you?” I felt a blush come across my face. I can’t deny it. I know that I like him. Suddenly, his phone began ringing, meaning that Ryeowook texted back. Well that was fast. “Sungmin is still at the daycare.” Immediately, I jumped off of the couch, grabbed my coat, and ran out the door, making my way all the way to the daycare.

 

 

Instantly, I finally made it to the daycare. I ran inside and stopped to catch my breath.

 

 

“Kyuhyun!” I saw Kangin coming towards me with a baby in his hands.

 

 

“Is…Sung…min…here…?” I asked, still trying to catch my breath.

 

 

“In there.” He pointed to a room full of running children. As I finally began to breathe normally, he patted my back. “Good luck.” Good luck? What’s that supposed to mean? I shrugged it off and made my way towards the room full of running children; which was definitely a bad idea. Because once I stepped inside, all of the kids turned to me, and had smiles on their faces.

 

 

“Kyuhyun!” they all screamed and tackled me. I can’t believe that all of these kids remembered me! As I started getting back on my feet again, I finally found Sungmin, sitting on the other side of the room with a couple of girls. I tried making my way over to him, but the kids were clinging on to me.

 

 

“Kids, I’ll play with you in a minute! After I talk with Sungmin, okay?” The kids whined but agreed and let go of me as they continued to play with each other. I finally made my way over to him, and he noticed me.

 

 

“Kyuhyun, what are you doing here?” he asked, sounding a bit angry.

 

 

“Girls, would you mind letting me talk with Sungmin oppa for a little? Just for a little,” I asked the girls. They all giggled before agreeing and going away as I took a seat next to Sungmin.

 

 

“What do you want?”

 

 

“I hear that you’re mad with me.”

 

 

“I’m always made with you.”

 

 

“Why would you be mad with me?”

 

 

“Because you’re stupid, annoying, stupid, bratty, stupid, uncaring, stupid. Did I mention that you’re stupid?” I know that he’s really mad at me right now, but he’s also being really cute, but if I tell him that, then he’s just going to be even madder.

 

 

“You were at my school a couple days ago, weren’t you?” He nodded his head. “You say me with Hyun Jae, didn’t you?” He nodded his head again. “Then you probably over-heard us talking about a date, didn’t you?” He nodded his head once again.

 

 

“I don’t get it,” he said.

 

 

“Get what?”

 

 

“You said that you don’t like her. Why did you agree to date her?”

 

 

“I didn’t agree to ‘date’ her. I agreed to go on a date with her, for you.”

 

 

“What?”

 

 

“She over-heard me talking about opening a wine shop and how I needed money to start. She offered to give me a starting point as long as I went on a date with her, and so I did. It was the worst 24 hours of my life, but it was worth it.”

 

 

“K-Kyu…” He stared at me, completely speechless. “You really didn’t have t-“

 

 

“Yes I did. I promised that I was going to open up a wine shop with you, and I’m sticking to my promise.” He looked down towards his fidgeting hands and smiled a little bit, but his eyes still looked a bit sad. Something else was bothering him.

 

 

“Oppa, here!” A little girl came up to me and handed me a small pink box with a bow on it. If I remember correctly, her name is Haneul.

 

 

“Thanks,” I thanked while smiling at her.

 

 

“No! Don’t open that!” Sungmin shouted.

 

 

“Why not?”

 

 

“It’s from Sungmin oppa!” Haneul said which suddenly got me interested in it. Sungmin tried to grab it away from me, but I successfully kept it away from him and opened it, revealing a silver necklace with the letter “S” on it.

 

 

“Sungmin, what is this?” I asked. He tried to grab it away from me again, but he still failed.

 

 

“Give it back! You don’t like it anyway!”

 

 

“What do you mean?”

 

 

“W-well, I got you that for…your birthday. My mother always told me that giving someone a necklace with you first letter initial on it sends over the strength that you’re giving them when they need it most. B-but I over-heard you telling Hyun Jae that you didn’t like that sort of thing, so give it back!” I could see Sungmin’s face turning redder by the second, and I couldn’t help but chuckle. I took the necklace out of the pink box and gave it to him.

 

 

“Put it on for me,” I told him. He stared at me for a moment before coming closer to me and hooking the necklace around my neck. I felt my heart beating faster the closer he got. Once he pulled away, I looked down at my neck and smiled. “I love it.”

 

 

“Really?”

 

 

“Really.” Finally, he smiled bigger this time.

 

 

“Happy Birthday, Kyu.” My heart started beating faster and faster.

 

 

“You’re so cute, Minnie.” He pouted and crossed his arms.

 

 

“Yeah, yeah.” Just then, a couple kids came towards Sungmin and pulled him to go play, leaving me and Haneul sitting by ourselves. I looked down at my neck and smiled more as I admired the gift.

 

 

“Oppa?” Haneul called out.

 

 

“Yeah?”

 

 

“You’re lucky to have Sungmin oppa with you.” I chuckled as I pulled her up and let her sit on my lap.

 

 

 

“I know.”  



 

A/N: Is everybody happy again? :3 Told you, you'd love the next chapter! I couldn't let drama hang on that long xD Just kidding~ More drama on the way, since this is just the beginning, but enjoy the fluffiness for now :) Yeah, I don't like drama either, but you gotta have it in there for the story to progress~ Sorry Yewook wasn't that long today. I have more plans for them later! Of course that would also mean more plans for EunSiHae. We now know the mystery girl from that picture :O And let me just say now that there's tons of drama heading for Kyumin's way, but again, let's just enjoy the fluffiness for now :) Lawl. It's one in the morning, and I'm only updating now. xD I'm terrible~ But its okay. The only thing for me to worry about left are finals and then school will finally be over! Which possibly means faster updates during the summer :) Tired author is tired now~ Please comment and subscribe!!!! <33333333333333333