Chapter 43: The Deal

I'm Not Cute!

Kyuhyun’s POV

/Flashback/

 

“Alright, that’s it for the meeting today. Everybody is dismissed.” I opened my eyes by the sound of the word I have been waiting for this entire time ever since I stepped into this room. I sat up in my chair and watched as business men and women began to leave the room and stretched out my arms before giving out a big yawn.

 

 

My father has been dragging me to these boring business meetings regarding his company and quite frankly, I haven’t been paying attention to them at all. I don’t want to take over his company, so there’s no point in me listening to what they have to say. Instead, I doze off in the corner until the meetings are finished. My father gets angry with me since I don’t pay attention, but I couldn’t care less about what he thinks. I’ve told him a million times that I wasn’t going to do what he says.

 

 

I stood up from my chair and was about to leave the room until I saw my father standing at the door with his arms crossed. He had an angry expression; not like it was anything new. I sighed and rolled my eyes at him.

 

 

“What do you want? I’m going home now,” I stated. He walked further into the room after he closed the door behind him and locked it.

 

 

“You’re not going anywhere. Sit,” he commanded.

 

 

Normally I would just brush pass through him or argue with him, but I was tired enough and I just wanted to go home and play some Starcraft. Plus we’re eventually going to fight later; might as well get it over with. So instead I followed his command and sat back down into my chair. He walked around the huge table until he was directly in front of me.

 

 

“You’re making this harder than this needs to be,” he groaned. “You’re going to take over my company soon so you need to start paying attention to these meetings! I’ve told you this a million times already!”

 

 

“And I’ve told you a million times that I’m not gonna take over your stupid company so why don’t you just back away from my life let me do what I want!”

 

 

“Your life goes however I decide it to go!”

 

 

“Oh, so you admit that you’re a control freak who won’t let me do anything with my life?” I smirked, which only made him angrier.

 

 

 “That’s not the point right now!” he yelled.

 

 

“That’s always been the point! I never asked to be in this position. You’ve been controlling me and Yesung our entire lives. I never had one day of my life when I was younger to actually be a kid. You’ve been restricting us to have fun while growing up, and I’m sick of it! Yesung and I are finally living the fun life just by being with our friends and I don’t want you to ruin it for me,” I argued. He glared down at me before leaning against the wall.

 

 

“So this is all because of those filthy commoners,” he mumbled but loud enough for me to hear and I glared back at him.

 

 

“What did you say?” I growled.

 

 

“The reason why you’re acting this way is because of those commoners. All they’ve been doing is keeping you away from your future. When will you realize that they’re ruining you!? I’m the only one who knows what’s best for you; not them.”

 

 

“Are you kidding me!? Just because you’re my father, you think you know exactly what’s best for me? You think you’re making my life better? You think you’re able to decide my future for me? You think I act this way because of my friends? Well you’re damn wrong. You know absolutely nothing what’s best for me. You make my life hell. You can’t decide what I’m going to do in the future. I act this way because of you; not my friends. My friends have done nothing but make my life more fun. And that includes Yesung; my brother; the first person who’s understood me from the very beginning. And after all this time, I’ve finally found someone else who understands me more than Yesung.”

 

 

“Oh really? Who?” He crossed his arms and stared at me with sneering expectancy. The look on his face just made me even more annoyed with him.

 

 

“Sungmin,” I answered without hesitation. My father rolled his eyes and scoffed.

 

 

“Lee Sungmin. That little poor commoner who thinks he can stand up to the most important person in Seoul. That little brat is just a nuisance. There’s nothing special about him.” My hands quickly turned into fists and I gritted my teeth as more anger began to rise in me.

 

 

“Everything about Lee Sungmin is special to me! And I’m glad I met him. I don’t where I would be right now if we never met. I already made a promise that I would never leave him for anything; that I would stay by his side forever. So if taking over your stupid company and marrying Hyun Jae means that I would have to leave the greatest person to have entered my life forever, then you can forget about it.” I smiled to myself inside at thought of my promise to Sungmin’s mother before she died. It was a promise that I intend to keep no matter what happens.

 

 

“So what are you saying?” I swallowed the lump in my throat before taking a deep breath. It’s time to tell him how I really feel about Sungmin. Everyone deserves to know how I feel about the one person that I could never let go of.  

 

 

“I’m saying that I’m in love with that little brat that you hate so much. And there’s nothing you can do or say to make me change how I feel about him,” I admitted proudly. My father glared at me for a minute until his face was replaced with a blank expression.

 

 

“You’re both in love with each other?” he asked. I felt something drop down to my stomach and a small frown formed on my mouth.

 

 

“No, but that doesn’t matter right now. He doesn’t know how I feel about him, and I plan to keep it that way. Our friendship means a lot to me and I won’t ruin it by telling him. As long as I get to be by his side with him smiling, then I’m content with that.” As painful as it sounds, I would never tell Sungmin that I’m in love with him. I know how he feels about me; how I’m just a simple friend to him. But I’d rather have us just be friends than never being able to talk to him again. To my surprise, my father smirked at me before walking closer to the table.

 

 

“Then I’ll make a deal with you. If you could get Sungmin to say that he’s also in love with you before the day you’re supposed to get married with Hyun Jae, I’ll call everything off. I won’t make you the heir of the company, you won’t have to marry Hyun Jae, and you can live your life the way you want to. You’ll be out of my control forever.” I eyes grew big after hearing his proposition. To live a life without doing what my father says has always been a dream of mine. Not only that, but to also be with Sungmin. Has he really given me a chance to finally be free?

 

 

“And if he says he isn’t in love with me?”

 

 

“Then you will take over the company. You’ll marry Hyun Jae. And you’ll do whatever I say for the rest of your life.” I almost shuddered at the thought of being in control of my father for the rest of my life. “Do we have a deal?” I became hesitant about the idea. If everything goes wrong, I may never see Sungmin or the others ever again. I’ll be living within my father’s shadows and be absolutely miserable until the day I die.

 

 

But if everything turns out to be a success, I’ll be free. I’ll be free from my father’s grasp and will be able to be with Sungmin forever. And that’s all I’ve been wanting ever since I fell in love with him. It’s a risky chance, but it’s a risk I’ll take. I make sure Sungmin falls in love with me.

 

 

“Deal.”

 

 

/end of flashback/

 

The deal I made with my father a couple weeks ago kept replaying in my head as I make my way inside his company building. He’s a man who loves to make a lot of deals, and I knew him well enough that he was serious about this one. I know he wants me to lose; he wins at everything after all. But I plan to win at this little game he’s trying to play. And my prize will be to finally leave my father and to be with Sungmin.

 

 

I didn’t waste any time to hurry into the elevator and rise up to the highest floor to my father’s office. He called up earlier saying that he had something to discuss with me. I was going to decline because I really didn’t feel like getting out of bed after spending an entire day of doing absolutely nothing except play Starcraft on my laptop, but he mentioned talking about Sungmin, and that’s what made me get up on my feet and travel all the way to talk with him.

 

 

I don’t know why he suddenly said he wanted to talk about Sungmin, but if he was going to say anything that had to do with him, I wanted to hear it. I’m tired of him bagging down on him. Whatever horrible thing he has to say, I’ll be ready to back up my precious adorable bunny.

 

 

That reminds me: when was the last time I talked to Sungmin? I’ve been so busy with my father and his stupid company that I haven’t had time to spend time with him. If only he missed me just as much as I missed him. It’s no fun when he’s not around. I miss being around him. I miss teasing him and seeing his little pout when I call him cute but then eventually see his smile form.

 

 

That reminds me of another thing: the deal that I made with Sungmin when we first met. I promised him that I would stop calling him cute once I learned everything about him. I’m pretty sure I’ve learned who Lee Sungmin really is inside and out. Is our deal finally coming to an end?

 

 

My thoughts were quickly interrupted when the elevator doors opened, revealing my father’s office doors. I stepped out of the elevator and gripped the door handles before pulling them open. I was expecting to see my father sitting at his desk, looking as if he had been waiting for me to come. But instead, I found Hyun Jae in a black party dress, sitting on top of my father’s desk with her legs and arms crossed, looking at me with anticipation.

 

 

“Hyun Jae, what are you doing here?” I asked, a little annoyed to see the girl that I was being forced to marry.

 

 

“I wanted to see you,” she answered with a high pitch voice, acting cute in front of me like she always does.

 

 

“Well, can you leave? I’m supposed to be discussing something with my father right now.”

 

 

“Your father isn’t here.”

 

 

“What do you mean he isn’t here?”

 

 

“He left to do something important and said he’d be back later,” he replied before hopping off of the desk and walked a little closer to me. I sighed before closing the doors slightly behind me.

 

 

“Well can you leave anyway? If I have to wait here for him, I’d rather not have you in the room.” I couldn’t care less if that hurt her feelings. She’s known how I felt about her ever since we were kids, so it shouldn’t be surprise to her if I’m being cold to her.

 

 

“I don’t want to leave though, I want to talk.”

 

 

“We have nothing to talk about though.”

 

 

“I want to talk about Sungmin.” The mention about Sungmin suddenly got me interested on what she wanted to talk about. Why does everybody seem to want to talk about him?

 

 

“What about Sungmin?”

 

 

“Your father told me about your little deal. About how you won’t be the heir of the company and won’t marry me if Sungmin falls in love with you.”

 

 

“Yeah, your point? Look, don’t even think you can do anything to change my mind. I’m in love with Sungmin, not you. It’s never been you and it will never be you. I never wanted to marry you in the first place, so I don’t plan on spending the rest of my life with you in hell.” She glared at me for moment before smirking and flipping her hair.

 

 

“I had a feeling you’d say something like that. I just wanted to say that I have no problem with the deal you guys made,” she admitted, which made me confused. This girl has been chasing after me ever since we were kids, and now she practically just gave up on me just like that. What made her change her mind?

 

 

“Do you really mean it?” I asked to confirm and she nodded her head.

 

 

“I won’t make you marry me since Sungmin is obviously the one that you want. But on one condition.” Ah, there it is. I knew there had to be something before she completely gives up on me.

 

 

“Which is?”

 

 

“I want you to confess to me.”

 

 

“Excuse me?”

 

 

“You heard exactly what I said. I want you to confess to me. Tell me you love me and not Sungmin. Tell me that you can’t wait to get married to me. Tell me the words I’ve been waiting to hear all this time. If you do this, then I’ll leave you alone forever.” I raised an eyebrow at her. It seemed so simple but also hard to do. I can’t just fake a confession; especially to someone I don’t actually love. But she seems serious about it. And if I do it, she’ll leave me alone. I’ll never have to deal with her again.

 

 

“All I have to do is fake a confession?” She nodded her head and flipped her hair again.

 

 

“I’m waiting,” she said impatiently. I was annoyed by her attitude, but nevertheless walk a little closer to her.

 

 

“Fine. I love you Hyun Jae,” I mumbled under my breath.

 

 

“Oh please, you can do better than that.”

 

 

“I love you with all my heart.”

 

 

“Sorry, I can still feel your love for Sungmin in that confession.” Okay, now she’s just getting on my nerves.

 

 

“I’m in love with you, not Sungmin.”

 

 

“I don’t believe you.” My temper rose to its highest peak as I grabbed Hyun Jae’s hand and pulled her roughly into my arms, giving her a tight hug.

 

 

“God dammit, Hyun Jae, I told you that I love you! I’ve always loved you ever since the day I met you. You’re the one and only girl that I want to marry and be with forever. I don’t love Sungmin. I could never, and will never love him. I couldn’t care less about him. I was only playing with him this entire time because commoners like him amuse me. You’re the only one I ever think about. So please, just stay with me. Let’s just forget that Sungmin even exist. The next few days are just gonna be about you and me. When we get married on September 9th, I will already have forgotten who Lee Sungmin was,” I confessed with anger in my voice. I felt her hug me back tighter, but quickly pulled away from her before she could try anything else.

 

 

“I love you too, Kyuhyun,” she confessed with a smirk on her face. I rolled my eyes at her.

 

 

“Are you happy now?” I spat out and her smirk grew wider.

 

 

“Never been happier,” she said.

 

 

At the same time, I faintly heard something drop onto the floor behind me. I turned around and saw Sungmin standing at the door with wide eyes staring at me. My eyes matched his in disbelief. What is he doing here? How much of that did he hear? I noticed the object that had fallen toward the ground lying next to his foot. It was the necklace that he had given me for my birthday. It looked beat up and was rusty. I thought I had lost that. How did Sungmin have it?

 

 

“Sungmin, I-” I started out but before I could say anything else, he dashed into the elevator and traveled toward the first floor. I cursed under my breath and ran out of the room and headed for the stairs to try and catch up with him, but not before picking up my necklace.

 

 

I was tired by the time I reached the first floor but luckily I was faster than the elevator. I looked around to spot Sungmin and saw that he was just stepping out of the elevator, but was quickly heading for the front door.

 

 

“Sungmin wait!” I called out as I ran to him. He heard my voice but didn’t even bother to look back at me as he ran across the entire lobby. I finally caught up with him when we both had stepped outside under the dark sky. It was already night time but the moon light reflected onto him perfectly. I had a strong grip on his arm as I pulled him a little closer to me but he still refused to look at me.

 

 

“Let me go,” he demanded quietly.

 

 

“Look, Sungmin, whatever you saw up there was-”

 

 

“It’s none of my business. It has nothing to do with me, now let me go!” he yelled.

 

 

“Not until we talk about this!” I yelled back.

 

 

“We have nothing to talk about! Your marriage with Hyun Jae has nothing to do with me. You obviously love her enough to tell her that I don’t even matter. And you’re right, I don’t. I’m practically nothing to you. It wasn’t even like we had something special going on between us anyway, so it shouldn’t matter to either of us.”

 

 

“But it does matter to me!” He began to pull himself out of my hold but I just gripped his arm tighter.

 

 

“I said to let go of me!” he screamed.

 

 

“Look at me when I’m talking to you!” I screamed back, and he stopped struggling before finally facing me. I felt my heart drop after seeing the tears rolling down his cheeks. I wanted to wipe those tears away but he’d probably slap me away if I did.

 

 

“I hate you, Cho Kyuhyun. I can’t believe I thought for even a second that I was in love with you,” he spat out. My eyes grew wide in shock and I let go of his arm.

 

 

“You’re in love with me?” I asked, waiting for him to say yes. He looked toward the ground and stayed silent for a moment before looking back up at me with anger in his eyes.

 

 

“Didn’t you just hear me? I said I hate you! I’ve always hated you! Why don’t you just get out of my life already!? Be the heir of your father’s company; get married to Hyun Jae; I don’t care! I don’t care what goes on in your life anymore since it has nothing to do with me! Don’t ever speak to me again Cho Kyuhyun. Let’s just go our separate ways now, so leave me alone!” he screamed at me before running away. He ran until he wasn’t in sight anymore, and I didn’t bother chasing after him. Why? Because my heart cracked so much that it broke, making me unable to even move a muscle.

 

 

I felt hot tears spill onto my face as I stared out into the distance, as if I was waiting for Sungmin to come running back, but he didn’t.

 

 

I lost him.

 

 

I lost the precious boy that I love so much. 

 


A/N: I'm a terrible author. How could I post this sad chapter right on Kyumin day? ;AAAA; Someone please shoot me! (No not really please I wanna stay alive you guys please) I planned to update faster but then I realized Kyumin day was coming up so I wanted to post this on Kyumin day but then I realized that its not a happy chapter so isngsjkngalkjsrdngakrj ;A; Sorry guys. But if you want something happy to read after reading this terrible chapter, I've written a Kyumin oneshot last year on Kyumin day, so you can let your feels run wild by reading it ^^ ---> http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/233243/our-special-day-fluff-kyuhyun-kyumin-oneshot-suju-sungmin WHO'S READY FOR SOME EUNHAE IN THE NEXT CHAPTER THOUGH? :D Please comment, subscribe, and vote!! <33333333