Chapter 31: My Savior

I'm Not Cute!

 

Eunhyuk’s POV

I grunted lazily once I heard my phone go off. Who could be calling me this early in the morning? I don’t have to work today, so please just let me sleep! The more I ignored the call, the louder my stupid ringtone started to get and I was feeling annoyed.

 

 

I reached for my phone on the nightstand beside me and answered the call, not bothering to check the caller I.D.

 

 

“Hello?” I answered, almost inaudible since I can’t really talk in the morning; especially since it’s way too early for me to be awake right now. Whoever is calling me better have a good reason why they want to ruin my beauty sleep.

 

 

“Good morning, Sleepyhead,” I heard a voice chuckle. By then I was wide awake because I knew who it was.

 

 

“Siwon? Is that you?” I asked with a smile on my face, completely forgetting about going back to sleep.

 

 

“Of course it’s me, Silly. I wanted to say happy birthday to you!” I stayed silent and raised my eyebrow. Birthday? Today’s not my birthday…is it? I looked towards the calendar that was pinned up on the wall to check that and it read April 4th. Holy crap, it is my birthday! How could I forget my own birthday!? Suddenly, I started to hear Siwon chuckling again. “You forgot that today was your birthday, didn’t you?”

 

 

“Did not!” I pouted, even though he couldn’t see me.

 

 

“Anyway, I wanted to take you out today to celebrate your birthday. You know, as a date. Would you like to?” Well, I don’t suddenly feel all tired anymore and I’m wide awake. It might be nice spending a day with Siwon. Plus, I could really go for some fun today. Why not?

 

 

“Sure! I’d love to!” I agreed.

 

 

“Great! I’ll be over in ten minutes to pick you up then.”

 

 

“Okay. See you then!” We both hung up and I immediately went to my bathroom to get ready as fast as I could. I showered quickly before drying myself and putting on my favorite blue T-shirt and black skinny jeans. I styled my hair until it didn’t look like bed hair anymore. Not that I needed to do much anyway since my hair stays perfect no matter what happens, but I just wanted to make sure I look good in front of Siwon. I wonder where he’s taking me.

 

 

As if on schedule, ten minutes had passed and I heard someone knocking at my door. I took a good look at myself in the mirror before deciding that I was perfectly ready to go. I instantly ran out of my room and opened the door to reveal an amused Siwon standing at my door.

 

 

“Wow, you look great Eunhyukkie,” he complimented, making me blush and smile like an idiot.

 

 

“Y-you look nice t-too…” I stuttered, mentally slapping myself because I’m an idiot. He chuckled grabbing my hand and leading me to his car. Once we reached it, he kindly opened the door for me and as I stepped in, he quickly closed my door and went around his car to get into the driver’s seat. By then, he had already started the car and began driving.

 

 

I could feel my heart pounding a little faster. I wonder if it’s a good idea to go out with him again.

 

 

“S-so, where are we going?” I asked shyly, not wanting to create an awkward atmosphere by being silent.

 

 

“I thought we’d celebrate your birthday by going to one of your favorite places in the world,” he simply answered, eyes focused on the road and a small smile formed on his lips. I pouted a little since he wouldn’t exactly tell me where we were going so early in the morning (even though this was usually the time when people wake up) but since he said it was one of my favorite places, I can’t wait until we get there! I hope it’s a place with a lot of strawberries in it. I could really go for some strawberries right about now.

 

 

 

 

“C’mon! The line is going to get longer if we don’t hurry up!” I exclaimed as I pulled on Siwon’s arm, running towards the line for another ride with the strawberry ice cream in my other hand. Yeah, that’s right. He took me to the amusement park again! And he bought me a strawberry ice cream bar! We’ve been here for already half of the day and I’m not even tired. Nope, not one bit! I could stay here all day! Or at least, that’s what Siwon says. He was probably just teasing me, but whatever. It’s my day to have all the fun I can have!

 

 

“You ate so much already. Are you sure you’re not going to get sick?” Siwon asked chuckling as I continued to drag him.

 

 

“Nope! I can handle anything!” I stated proudly as we made it to the line, though I was lying just a little. Ever since we got here, I’ve been eating nothing but sweet strawberry treats. How can I not just stop eating strawberries? That’s like saying to end my life! Plus, I’ve been fine on every other ride we’ve been on so far. Although this ride spins maybe just a little too much for me. But if I know myself well, then I’m sure I’m not going to sick from this. Nope, not one bit!

 

 

And boy was I wrong.

 

 

After riding, my stomach didn’t feel right and I felt like throwing up. Siwon noticed it and quickly brought me over to the nearest trash can. At that moment, I threw up everything that I had eaten this morning. All of those delicious strawberry treats were now wasted. Not only that, but I must look pathetic in Siwon’s eyes. Here I was, throwing up in a dirty trash can next to him while other people were walking by, staring, and whispering things about me.

 

 

Nice going, Eunhyuk. Way to completely embarrass yourself. Things couldn’t possibly get any worse.

 

 

As soon as I sure I was done, I took my head out of the trash can and faced Siwon. I expected to see his face full of disgust or possibly even laughing at me, but I didn’t. In fact, I didn’t see Siwon’s face at all.

 

 

I saw Donghae in front of me, smiling and handing me a napkin to wipe my mouth, and I widened my eyes in surprise, thinking that this really could’ve been a dream after all. I mean, think about it. This could’ve just been a nightmare where I embarrass myself in front of Siwon and everyone but then turns into a sweet dream where Donghae comes and just smiles at me, making my heart race as I feel the butterflies fluttering in my stomach.

 

 

Okay, that seems a little too good to be true.

 

 

“Donghae? What are you doing here?” I asked as I took the napkin to wipe my mouth.

 

 

“Hana asked me to come. She said she wanted to see Siwon and heard that he was here. I just figured that if he was here, you might’ve been here too. I really wanted to see you today, though I didn’t expect to see you here hovering over a trash can,” he chuckled, making me blush from embarrassment.

 

 

“S-shut up,” I mumbled.

 

 

“Sorry, sorry,” he apologized. “But I really did want to see you today.” I didn’t notice that he was hiding something behind his back until he moved his arm and held out a monkey plush toy in front of me as he had a childish smile on his face. “It’s cute right? Just like you! Happy Birthday Hyukkie!”

 

 

I blushed again, but not just from embarrassment, but also at how sweet he was. I didn’t even know that he knew that it was my birthday today. I bit my lip and smiled a little as I took the toy from him shyly.

 

 

“Thanks,” I mumbled again and he just continued to smile at me. Though, I stopped smiling when I looked into his eyes. Is it just me, or do they look different for some reason? Not that I always know how his eyes looked whenever he looks at me, but for some reason, they just look different this time. They look almost sad. Maybe it’s just my imagination. Besides, no matter what, this guy is usually always happy.

 

 

Happy. He’s always happy. He’s always smiling when he’s near me. Why is he always happy? Is it really because he’s just that happy to see me?

 

 

“Eunhyukkie!” I heard Siwon calling my name as he came running up to us with Hana running by his side. “Are you okay?” he asked.

 

 

“Yeah, I’m fine. I guess I shouldn’t have gone on that ride after all.”

 

 

“Yeah, you shouldn’t have. Can you believe how pathetic you looked while throwing up in that trash can?” Hana laughed and I glared at her, knowing that she didn’t care that I was glaring.

 

 

“Here, drink this.” Siwon handed me a water bottle and I gladly took it as I took a big gulp out of it. When I finished, he suddenly grabbed my hand and looked over Donghae. “Now, if you excuse us, we’ll be going back to our date.” I widened my eyes and blushed when he said the word “date” but Donghae seemed a little more shocked than I was.

 

 

“Aww Oppa! Can’t we go with you? Donghae and I are on a date too!” Hana whined. Donghae and I widened our eyes even more at her statement. Although I was more mad than shocked. Donghae just said he was here to see me. Then why on earth would he be on a date with her!?

 

 

Calm down, Eunhyuk. She’s probably just saying that. Donghae doesn’t even like her that way anyway.

 

 

“I guess its okay then. It’ll be like a double date, right Eunhyukkie?” Siwon chuckled beside me, although I just nodded my head slowly, not saying a word.

 

 

“Yay! Let’s go walk around then!” Hana cheered as she linked arms with Donghae and began dragging him. I bit my lip back to prevent myself from saying anything I might regret later. Siwon didn’t really seem to notice the situation and just held my hand as we began following them.

 

 

I had to hold the urge from riding big rides for the rest of the day, just in case I might get sick again. Although I couldn’t ride the ones I wanted to go on, I still smiled. Well, somehow I forced a smile. Every ride we went on, I could hear Hana’s obnoxious laughter passing through my ears, and boy was it annoying! What made things even more annoying was the fact that she had to link her arms with Donghae on every ride we went on. Hello! There’s a little something called personal space!

 

 

Okay. I admit it. I’m completely jealous right now. I can’t be mad at Donghae though. It’s not his fault, but I can’t help it! Seeing the both of them smiling with each other gets me angrier and angrier! Although, since I was with Siwon the entire time, I had to at least smile for him. Trust me; I was incredibly happy spending some time with him all day. I just wish Hana wasn’t around to make me so jealous!

 

 

I don’t usually get jealous at all. I’m not even the jealous type. In fact, I remember when Hana would always take Siwon away from me whenever we were playing together when we were kids, I would get sad a little bit, but I was never jealous about it. It makes me wonder I was never jealous in the first place. Even now, when they were together, it didn’t bother me. Maybe it’s just because I got used to her taking everything away from me, so I just learned to deal with it. Whenever she’d take something away from me, I always planned to take something of hers away too.

 

 

Now that she’s practically taken Donghae, I’m determined to get him back. How dare she steal my fishy away from me! She can take everything I have except for him!

 

 

I don’t understand why I get more jealous for Donghae than Siwon. I like the both of them equally.  

 

 

“Eunhyukkie, are you okay?” Siwon suddenly asked me. We were still following Hana and Donghae around and I guess he noticed my not-exactly-happy-at-the-moment look on my face.

 

 

“Y-yeah! I’m fine!” I lied as I smiled at him. Yeah, like I could really tell him that I was jealous of Hana and Donghae. He didn’t seem to believe me judging by the look on his face. He pulled me into a corner where no one was around and pushed me against a wall. I could hear Hana’s and Donghae’s voice calling for us but Siwon didn’t dare to move as he put his hands on each side of my head. “W-what are you d-doing?” I asked while stuttering, knowing that my heart was beating faster and faster.

 

 

“Hyukjae…” he whispered in my ear, and a blush quickly came across my face.

 

 

“I told y-you not to c-call me by t-that name anymore…” I stuttered again, turning my head so I wouldn’t have to look at him.

 

 

“I love you,” he whispered into my ear again and I felt shivers going through my body. He grabbed my chin and forced me to look into his eyes. I knew he was serious just by looking into his eyes. I knew that he wanted me so badly. He must be getting tired of waiting for me. To be honest, I’m getting tired of it too. But I can’t choose between the two of them if I still don’t even know the answer myself. Sungmin said to listen to my heart. Why hasn’t my heart given me any answers yet?

 

 

Suddenly, Siwon pressed his lips against mine; bringing his body closer to mine so I wouldn’t be able to move away. It’s different. Everything feels so different. I raised my hands, which were still holding Donghae’s monkey plush toy, above his chest to push him away, but he quickly grabbed them and held them above my head so I can’t push him away. I can’t do this. It’s too different. It’s weird. Why does it feel different? If I kiss him more, would it still be different?

 

 

Siwon suddenly let go of my hands and wrapped his arms around my waist as he continued to move his lips against mine. I kept my arms to myself, still holding the monkey plush toy, and kissed him back. I wanted to know what was so different from kissing Siwon and Donghae. What made it so different? It still didn’t feel right.

 

 

At that moment, I pulled away out of Siwon’s grasp, due to lack of oxygen, and stared into Siwon’s eyes. They still wanted me.

 

 

“Hurry up and choose. I can’t wait anymore,” he stated. I didn’t want to look at him anymore, so I just hung my head and stared at the ground.

 

 

“I’m sorry,” I almost whispered. I can’t wait any longer either. I wish I could choose already. Suddenly, Siwon took my hand and I looked up at him to see that he was smiling again.

 

 

“C’mon, let’s get back to the other two,” he said, acting like nothing even happened between us. I followed him as we walked back from where we were, seeing Hana and Donghae waiting for us.

 

 

“Where in the world did you guys go?” Hana asked with her hands on hips.

 

 

“Sorry! We just ran to the restroom for a bit,” Siwon lied, still with a smile on his face. I didn’t dare say a word. I was still trying to figure out what exactly happened back there. Though, I noticed that Donghae was staring at me like he knew something really happened.

 

 

“Well anyway, let’s go into that haunted mansion!” Hana cheered as she pointed at a huge haunted house, and I felt myself shaking again. I was never a fan of haunted houses…or scary things in general. “What’s wrong? Too scared to go in?” Hana teased me and glared at her again.

 

 

“Not at all!” I lied. I pulled on Siwon’s hand that was still holding mine as we made our way towards the haunted house. Hana isn’t going to tease me for something so childish. I can get over this silly haunted house, right?

 

 

Boy was I wrong. Again.

 

 

The minute we got in, I had already screamed so loud that I might’ve scared the people that worked in the haunted house. I was holding onto the monkey plush toy and Siwon’s hand tightly the entire time we were walking because I didn’t want to open my eyes. Siwon practically laughed at every little scary thing that popped out and Donghae just had a straight face. What’s wrong with these two!? At least I wasn’t the only one who was scared. Hana was screaming just as much as I was. So that makes me not as pathetic anymore.

 

 

We were only halfway through the terrifying place until Hana screamed when a strange sound started getting closer to us. I guess she was so scared that she ran off. That would’ve made me a lot happier since she wasn’t near me anymore if only she didn’t have to drag Siwon and Donghae with her. She practically just left me all by myself!

 

 

I didn’t dare move a muscle. I was too afraid to. I was too afraid to even open my eyes, but I knew I had to if I wanted to get out still alive. Tch, I hate them for leaving me alone!

 

 

The minute I opened my eyes, I saw a skeleton up close to my face and screamed. I began running for my dear life. I just wanted to get out of this horrible place! The more I kept running, the more I felt like I was getting lost.

 

 

And sure enough, I was definitely lost. Everything was too dark to see. I felt like I’ve been into a black hole. Don’t tell me I’m going to be stuck here forever! I didn’t even notice that tears started flowing down my cheeks. I can’t help it if I’m this scared! I’ve never been this scared in my whole life!

 

 

Suddenly, I began hearing footsteps. My heartbeat was practically audible by how fast and loud it was. I couldn’t move my feet. It was like they were glued to the floor. Because I couldn’t do anything, my tears just continued to come out. Why am I so helpless? Someone save me, please!

 

 

“DONGHAE!” I screamed at the top of my lungs as I hugged the plush toy tightly. The reason why I called out Donghae’s name, I don’t know. But maybe there was an angel standing by my side because it seemed to work.

 

 

“Hyukjae!” I heard Donghae’s voice call out my name and at that moment, I felt myself being dragged by a hand. I couldn’t see who it was, but there was no doubt about it. Donghae came for my rescue. I felt his touch on my hand as he began dragging me out. I knew it was Donghae. His touch was exactly the same.

 

 

In a matter of seconds, we had finally made it out of the haunted house. I bent down and tried to catch my breath as Donghae did the same as I accidentally dropped the toy on the ground.

 

 

“I went back for you when I didn’t see you with us. Hana was so scared that she decided to drag us out of there. While I went to get you, Hana made Siwon drive her home. Are you okay?” Donghae asked me, still trying to catch his breath as he stood up straight after picking up the toy for me. As I began to stand up straight, I immediately pulled Donghae and wrapped my arms around his neck, crying out the last bit of tears I still had in me. Donghae held onto me tightly as he rubbed my back, helping me calm down.  

 

 

And without thinking, I cupped his cheeks and kissed his lips. I have no idea why I did, but there I was, kissing him sweetly and he was taken aback by surprise. When I pulled away, we just stared at each other for a moment. He didn’t know why I kissed him. I didn’t know why I kissed him. It just happened. I was too frozen to move.

 

 

Donghae pulled me closer and kissed me this time, holding me tighter. It’s different. It’s completely from Siwon’s kiss. My heart starts beating faster and the butterflies are fluttering in my stomach. He makes me want to kiss him back, and so I did, for minute until I realized that we were still out in public so I quickly pulled away from him. I looked around and saw many people staring at us. Some were in disgust and some were in awe. Either way, it made me blush from embarrassment. Donghae just smiled and chuckled before taking my hand, handing me my toy, and leading me out of the amusement park and heading towards his car. I didn’t even realize that it was already getting late since it was already sunset.

 

 

Once we were at his car, he kindly opened the door for me, and as I got in, he closed the door for me too. He went around his car to get into the driver’s seat and started up the car before driving me home. I don’t know what would’ve happened to me if Donghae didn’t come back for me.

 

 

I looked at his face as he was driving and I couldn’t help but frown. He still had that sad look in his eyes ever since earlier. Was it really just my imagination? Maybe something was bothering him. Why is he always looking happy then?

 

 

Moments later, we had already arrived in front of my apartment. Again, Donghae opened my door again and walked me towards my door.

 

 

“Thanks for coming after me and taking me home,” I thanked him, and he just smiled at me.

 

 

“Anything for you, Hyukkie,” he simply replied, but something felt wrong. He’s smiling, but something seems different about it. Why does his face show such a sad expression on it even when he’s smiling? This is definitely not just my imagination. I could tell that something was wrong.

 

 

“Donghae, is there something wrong? You don’t seem like yourself,” I said, and he instantly stopped smiling. Instead he looked towards the ground, not saying a word for a moment until he looked up again and smiled.

 

 

“Nothing is wrong. Everything is just fine!” he exclaimed, but I could hear the hint of sadness in his voice. I looked into his eyes and saw that they were teary. Before I could say anything else, he kissed my cheek goodbye and headed for his car until he drove away out of sight. Why did he have to lie? There was obviously something wrong. Why didn’t he just tell me? What was wrong? What happened?

 

 

Oh geez, I sound like one of those over-reacting girlfriends who just want to know what’s going on with their boyfriend. N-not that I’m saying I’m his girlfriend or anything! I’m a guy!

 

 

I entered my apartment and placed the plush toy on the couch when suddenly my phone started to ring. I fished for my phone out of my pocket and checked the caller I.D. Sungmin was calling me. What could he be calling me for?

 

 

“Hello?” I answered.

 

 

“Eunhyuk! Get to the hospital right now!” Sungmin practically screamed in my ear. He sounded panicked. I could also hear Ryeowook, Kyuhyun, and Yesung in the background.

 

 

“W-why? What’s wrong? What happened?” I asked.

 

 

“Mr. Lee doesn’t have much time and he asked for you! Hurry up and get here!” At that moment, the line was dead once Sungmin hung up. I stood frozen for a moment until I ran out of my apartment and started running towards the direction of the nearest hospital.

 

 

Was this why Donghae didn’t seem like himself today?

 

 

What happened to his father? 



 

A/N: I've missed you all very deeply ;A; 3 The minute AFF started being all weird, I was too afraid to update since the chapter might've gotten deleted so I wanted to wait until things were okay. Also, I didn't see any of your beautiful comments for a couple days and I didn't want to update until I saw them again. Proves how much I love it when you guys comment <3 But anyway, the promised EunSiHae chapter is here! I meant to put as much fluff as I could in this chapter (but not too much) because the drama is coming back ;____; Sorry! There are some good news and bad news about it though. Good news is that Siwon won't be coming for a few chapters :D Bad news...umm...yeah, I had to put Mr. Lee in the hospital. Drama will be gone as fast as it comes though!  So please wait for the EunHae chapter :) Also, I've doing a lot of thinking about my story. When I first started this, it was meant to be a rated PG story. I never intended to make it rated. But because of a very kind request someone made, I've decided to put three chapters of in here. But only three chapters. Don't ask for more xD And they won't come until somehere towards the end. And because I've added this in my story, this story will be ten chapters longer than it was originally planned. Consider it a present for you guys x) I understand some poeple are uncomfortable with , so you don't need to read them once they come ^^ Author's note is really long today~ I just really missed you guys <3 Now excuse me while I continue listening to SPY repackage album. I totally had a different expection for SPY. I didn't realize it would be so cute xD But nevertheless, I still love it. Does anybody know when the MV will come out? D: Please comment and subscribe!!! <3333333333333333333333