Chapter 19: It's My Turn

I'm Not Cute!

Sungmin’s POV

“Thanks so much again, Sungmin.  I really appreciate it.”

 

 

“No problem, Yesung hyung.”

 

 

“I’ll check up on him later then. I have to get back to practice now.”

 

 

“Okay. See you later then.”

 

 

I hung up the phone with Yesung and went back to work. Yesung called to ask if I could take medicine to Kyuhyun later to his school. Apparently, he’s been really sick lately. I’ve noticed it as well. For the past week, after work he’s walk me home, and his face has looked paler. It has been a lot colder lately, but it’s not like it takes him a long time to walk home. After all, he did say that his house was close to mine. Come to think of it, I’ve never been to his house yet. I thought for sure he’d at least invite me over.

 

 

N-not that I really want to.

 

 

While I was working, I noticed that Eunhyuk has been spacing out the entire time. Something must be bothering him.

 

 

“Eunhyuk?” I called out to him. He didn’t answer me. He was still zoned out. “Eunhyuk!”

 

 

“Huh? What?” He was startled a little.

 

 

“Are you okay? You don’t seem like yourself today.”

 

 

“I’m fine. I just have a lot on my mind right now.”

 

 

“Is there something wrong?” Eunhyuk bit his lip and looked around the café before pulling me towards the back room. He closed the door before turning towards me. His cheeks were pink and he started fidgeting with his fingers.

 

 

“C-can I ask you a serious question?” he asked.

 

 

“Sure. Ask me anything.”

 

 

“W-well, um, what do you do when two people have confessed their love for you?”

 

 

“Well, if you like one of them, then you would accept the one that you like.”

 

 

“B-but, what if you like b-both of them?”

 

 

“…Eunhyuk, where is this going?”

 

 

“You remember my friend Siwon, right? Well, we used to be really good friends when we were little and a few weeks ago, we met up again and caught up with each other. But recently, he confessed saying that he’s loved me for a long time. And I really like him too. But on the same day-”

 

 

“Donghae confessed to you too and you like him as well?” I finished.

 

 

“E-eh? How did you know?”

 

 

“He told me he was going to confess to you the day he asked me how to play a song on the guitar. It’s about time too.”

 

 

“What do you mean ‘it’s about time’?”

 

 

“It’s about time you realized that you like Donghae too.”

 

 

“H-hyung!” His blush got more visible and I just chuckled.

 

 

“Sorry, sorry. I see your situation. The only thing I can tell you is to follow whatever your heart is telling you.

 

 

“But I’m not sure what my heart is telling me to do right now.”

 

 

“Well, of course it’s not going to give you an answer just yet. Be patient and wait for time to pass, and you’ll have you answer in no time.”

 

 

“Are you sure?”

 

 

“Positive.” Eunhyuk smiled a little and stopped fidgeting with his fingers.

 

 

“Thanks, hyung.”

 

 

“No problem.” Suddenly, we heard bells jingle, meaning someone had come in. We looked through the window on the door and saw Donghae and Siwon come into the café. When they came in, they were glaring at each other.

 

 

“On no, what are Donghae and Siwon doing here!?” Eunhyuk was completely freaking out. “What are we gonna do!?”

 

 

“We? What do you mean we? You have to go out there still since your shift isn’t over yet and I’m leaving.”

 

 

“What!? Why!?”

 

 

“I have to bring Kyuhyun something to his school.”

 

 

“Hyung, you’re supposed to be helping me! Not hanging around with your boyfriend!”

 

 

“What!? Boyfriend!? Yah, what are you talking about!? He’s not my boyfriend! Why would he be my boyfriend!? And I never said I’d help you! This is your own problem that you have to fix! Now go!” I opened the door and pushed him outside before closing the door and grab my belongings. Tch, can’t believe he said that Kyuhyun was my boyfriend. It’s not even possible! How could I ever think about Kyuhyun that way anyway!? There’s no way I’d ever like that annoying brat. That may be the craziest thing I’ve ever heard.

 

 

Once I had all of my belongings with me, I stepped out back into the café, where I saw Eunhyuk being trapped in the middle of the bickering Donghae and Siwon. Sorry I can’t help you Eunhyuk; you’re on your own.

 

 

“Sungmin hyung!” I heard Ryeowook call my name as he stepped into the café. “You’re leaving already?”

 

 

“Yeah. Yesung hyung asked me to bring something to Kyuhyun’s school.”

 

 

“O-oh, h-he did?” I noticed a scarlet red color run across Ryeowook’s face. I’ve never seen him blush so much.

 

 

“Are you oaky? Did something happen between you and Yesung hyung?” I asked.

 

 

“W-what!? N-no! O-of course n-not! W-why would y-you think something h-happened!?” he stuttered, and I just looked at him, waiting for an answer. “I-I’ll tell you later, okay?”

 

 

“Okay. I’ll talk to you later then.” We gave each other a good-bye hug and I waved good-bye to Eunhyuk, who was still pleading for help, and finally left the café to catch the bus. Once I got on, I sat all the way in the back and stared out the window while the bus started to move.

 

 

Minutes later, the bus had stopped at my destination. I quickly got off the bus and stepped into the store, heading for the pharmacy section. I looked around the medicine aisle to try and find one that Kyuhyun might like. I don’t want to give him something that he won’t take. I finally decided on a cherry flavored one and took it to the cashier. I always see the same cashier every time I come here, and he doesn’t have a name tag. He doesn’t even talk except for when he says “please come again.” What a weird cashier.

 

Once he put the medicine in a plastic bag, I paid and thanked him before heading out and walked across the street to Kyuhyun’s school, but once I reached it, I stopped and thought for a moment, I don’t even know what class he’s in, so I don’t know where to find him. I should’ve asked Yesung earlier. Maybe there’s someone around here who could take me to the front office.

 

 

I looked around me until I saw someone sitting under a tree. I walked towards his direction, but when I saw his face, it was Kyuhyun. Perfect! I was about to call out his name, but I noticed that his face looked different than usual. He looks tired, stressed, and more importantly, sick.

 

 

“Oppa!” I heard a girl shout, and I gritted my teeth when I saw her skipping towards him; Hyun Jae. Of course I remember that brat. I didn’t even know she also went to this school. I walked closer to them and hid behind a tree so they couldn’t see me.

 

 

“Go away. I’m not in the mood for you right now,” Kyuhyun spat as he lay down on the grass.

 

 

“Hmph. You always say that,” she pouted, making me barf a little. “C’mon Oppa! Let’s go on a date now! Since, you know, I’m-”

 

 

“Arrgh, shut up! I told you to go away!” Kyuhyun yelled this time. He really is scary when he’s mad.  I wonder what she was about to say.

 

 

“Opaaaaaaaa!” she complained. This girl must be completely stupid if she can’t even understand that he doesn’t want her here. Suddenly, her phone rang, and she reached into her pocket to grab it. “I’ll be right back Oppa!” she giggled before skipping away. I should use my martial arts on her so I can kick her in the face if she giggles like that again.

 

 

Once she was gone, I got out from behind the true and walked closer to Kyuhyun. He looks even more stressed now. If I go up to him, he might now like me being here. But I have to give him the medicine. I’ll just quickly give it to him and go.

 

 

“K-Kyuhyun?” I called out and he immediately sat up with wide eyes.

 

 

“Sungmin? What are you doing here?” he asked.

 

 

“Yesung asked me to bring medicine for you because you haven’t been feeling well lately.”

 

 

“Sungmin, you really didn’t have-”

 

 

“I wanted to. I’ve noticed that you haven’t been feeling well either and it’s been bothering me a little.” I sat down next to him and pulled out the medicine from the bag. “You don’t see like yourself when you’re sick, so please take it.” I handed him the medicine and he smiled at me before taking it.

 

 

“Thank you.” That smile. I haven’t seen it ever since we visited my mother’s grave, yet it still has the same effect on me.

 

 

“W-well, I’m be going now.” I stood up and was about to leave until Kyuhyun grabbed my arm.

 

 

“Why are you leaving so soon? Stay for a while,” he begged. I don’t why, but the look in his eyes made me blush and I couldn’t say no.

 

 

“O-okay,” I stuttered as I sat back down with him. “S-so, what are you doing out here? Shouldn’t you be in class?”

 

 

“It felt really stuffy in there. Plus school will be over in about a few minutes anyway, so I stepped out to breathe a little.”

 

 

“Are you okay?”

 

 

“Why?”

 

 

“You look stressed.”

 

 

“It’s nothing. It’s just that my father…”

 

 

“…what about your father? What happened?”

 

 

“Nothing. Forget I said anything.”

 

 

“Kyu, tell me! What did he do? Did he hurt you again? Did he call you ungrateful again?”

 

 

“I said to forget it. It’s not important.”

 

 

“But Kyu, I want to help.” I pouted this time. He’s hiding something and I want to know what it is. He took a look at my face and chuckled.

 

 

“Thanks for saying you want to help, but it’s really not that important I can handle it myself, so no need to worry, okay?” I continued to pout because he wouldn’t tell me anything, but I still nodded my head. He chuckled once more before pinching my cheek.

 

 

“Y-yah! What was that for!?”

 

 

“Your face was cute, so it made me want to pinch your cheek.”

 

 

“I’m not cute…” I mumbled.

 

 

“You know I think you’re absolutely adorable, right?”

 

 

“Yeah, yeah,” I mumbled again. Why is my face getting warmer?

 

 

“Oppa!” Oh great, I hear the witch coming back, and sure enough, here she was, standing in front of me with an angry expression. “What are you doing here?” she growled.

 

 

“He was just leaving with me. C’mon, Sungmin.” Kyuhyun stood up and slipped his book bag over his shoulder before grabbing my hand and dragging me away from her.

 

 

“Oppa, where are you going?”

 

 

“Away from you.” Kyuhyun held onto my hand as he dragged me towards the bus, and my face warm stayed warm the entire time. I looked back at her and saw he cross her arms and stomp her feet. I smirked and stuck my tongue out at her.

 

 

Kyuhyun and I finally made it onto the bus and sat down together in the back. We sat in silence until the bus finally started to move. Suddenly, Kyuhyun laid his head onto my shoulder, and I flinched.

 

 

“K-Kyuhyun? What are you-?” Kyuhyun’s eyes weren’t open. I felt his forehead and it was a little warm. I better take him to my house so he can lie down properly. I noticed that he was still holding my hand.  I tried to pull it away but his grip was tight. I gave up and just let him hold it. I looked towards him again and found him sound asleep. I smiled at him. He looked so hopeless and helpless, and it makes me want to take care of him, like he has for me.

 

 

Don’t worry Kyuhyun; it’s my turn to take care of you.

 

 

Once the bus reached the bus stop, I put Kyuhyun’s arm around my shoulder and carried him out the bus and walked towards the direction of my house. He was still asleep and his face had gotten a little warmer. He was a little heavy for me, but that didn’t stop me from carrying him.

 

 

Minutes passed until we finally reached my house. I quickly opened the door and carried him towards my room. As I sat him down on my bed. I quickly filled a bowl of cold water and grabbed a towel before sitting down next to him. I sat the bowl down on the nightstand and wet the towel before placing it on his forehead. I grabbed a chair and sat in it next my bed and watched him sleep, and before I knew it, I began to sleep too.

 

 

 

 

“Hello? Anybody home?”

 

 

I opened my eyes and stretched my arms out as I began to wake up. Kyuhyun was still asleep. I got up from the chair and walked towards the living room, where I found Yesung standing at the door.

 

 

“Hyung? What are you doing here? Or rather, how did you get in here?” I asked.

 

 

“Your door was unlocked so I just came in. Kyuhyun didn’t come home yet, so I figured that he must be here.” I didn’t even realize that we were sleeping until it got dark. “Where is he?”

 

 

“He’s sleeping in my room right now.”

 

 

“Oh, okay. Do you mind if Kyuhyun stays here for the night? I have to leave soon and I don’t want him to walk all the way home while he’s sick since our house is too far.”

 

 

“Far? But Kyuhyun told me that you guys live really close to me.”

 

 

“Nope. We live closer to his school than here. That’s why he got sick. He always walked home in the cold from your house.” So that’s why he hasn’t been feeling well. Why did he have to lie though?

 

 

“Sure, he can stay.”

 

 

“Thanks. I’m going to check up on him.” Yesung and I made our way towards my room, where we found Kyuhyun already awake.

 

 

“Huh? Where am I?” he asked as he sat up.

 

 

“You’re at Sungmin’s house. How are you feeling?” Yesung asked him.

 

 

“Okay, I guess.”

 

 

“Good. I left food on the table for you guys to eat. You’re gonna stay over tonight. I can’t take you home cause I have to meet up with Ryeowook in a little bit.”

 

 

“Why are you meeting with Ryeowook?” I asked.

 

 

“Probably to kiss again,” Kyuhyun smirked.

 

 

“W-what!?”

 

 

“Yah, Kyuhyun! Shut your mouth! I did not!” Yesung started to get red.

 

 

“Did too! He ‘accidentally’ kissed his cheek, or so he sa-”

 

 

“Oh look at the time! I better get going! I’ll see you guys later!” Immediately, Yesung took off in a blink of an eye. Maybe that’s why Ryeowook was also acting weird when I told him about Yesung.

 

 

Guuuurrrgh!

 

 

I turned to Kyuhyun who was blushing and holding in his stomach. Obviously, he was hungry, and I chuckled at him.

 

 

“Looks like someone is hungry. If you want, you can borrow my pj’s while I get us some food from the table. Oh, and Kyuhyun?”

 

 

“Yeah?”

 

 

“Yesung told me that guys live far from here. Why did you tell me that you lived close to my house?” He looked at me for moment, like he was thinking about what he wanted to say.

 

 

“Well, because I couldn’t just let walk home all by yourself all the time. There have been some really weird people out there and I was just there to protect you.” I felt myself blushing again. My face was now two times hotter.

 

 

“B-but, I know m-martial arts, so I can p-protect mys-self,” I stuttered.

 

 

“Hey! Just be thankful that I always walk you home!” I can tell that he was getting embarrassed, so I left my room and prepared two plates of take-out food for the both of us. When I got back, he was already back in bed, wearing my white pj’s. I handed him a plate as I sat down on the chair.

 

 

“Sungmin?”

 

 

“Yeah?”

 

 

“How much do you like wine?” he asked.

 

 

“Why do you ask?”

 

 

“Because in your closet, you have a box with the word ‘wine’ on it.”

 

 

“Oh, well, when I was in school, I used to study wine. I’ve always wanted to open up my own wine shop. I’d be paying off everything I studied for, but I never had enough money to open a shop up. It’s my number one dream at the moment. But I know it’s never going to happen.”  

 

“Don’t say that. What if I help you?”

 

 

“How?” I asked.

 

 

“I’m going to graduate this spring. Once I graduate, half of my father’s money is going to me. According to him, I’ll finally become an adult and I won’t be a kid anymore. So when I get the money, I’ll help you pay for a wine shop.”

 

 

“S-seriously!? You really don’t need to do that, Kyu.”

 

 

“I know, but I want to. I like wine too. I didn’t get to study wine this year, but hopefully I’ll get to when I go to college next spring.”

 

 

“Your father approves of you going to college?”

 

 

“Nope, but I’m gonna do it anyway. I’d love to open a wine shop with you, Minnie. I mean, if that’s okay.”

 

 

“Kyu, you have no idea how much this means to me. Thank you so much!” I put my plate down on the nightstand and stood up to hug him. When I realized what I was doing, I quickly let go and sat back down. I felt a blush come across my face.

 

 

“You’re so cute,” he chuckled.

 

 

“Yeah, yeah,” I mumbled while pouting. The both of us ate for a while until I had to give him his medicine. After I gave him the cherry flavored medicine, I went to go change into my favorite pink pj’s. When I walked back into my room, Kyuhyun was already asleep. I felt his forehead and noticed that his temperature cooled down. I turned off the light and sat in the chair, watching him sleep. I hope I did a good job taking care of him.

 

 

Suddenly, my phone vibrated, and I knew that it was Ryeowook who texted me. Just like he said earlier, he told me what was wrong with him, and it was about Yesung kissing his cheek just like Kyuhyun said. That, and Yesung gave him a CD filled with songs that he sang. I guess that’s why Yesung went to go see him. I smiled. I felt happy for him. He’s living out his own love story.

 

 

Come to think of it, Eunhyuk is living out his own love story too. People can dream about having two people having feelings for them, but Eunhyuk’s living it. I feel somewhat jealous of the two of them. Nothing has happened to me yet nor has someone special walked into my life.

 

 

Kyuhyun started to mumble incoherent words in his sleep. I checked his temperature again. It was gone. I started to pull my hand away but Kyuhyun unconsciously grabbed it, having a tight grip. I couldn’t pull it away, so I just let him hold it again as he slept.

 

 

I’m jealous.

 

 

Ryeowook and Eunhyuk have their own love stories.

 

 

When will get to live in mine? 


A/N: Hi guuuuuuyssssss! :) So here's the Kyumin chapter! Whoo! This took a long time to write >.< But its finally here~ And I added in little hints of EunSiHae and Yewook as well ^^ But of course, I always love writing Kyumin the best <3 Please tell me what you think. I feel like this chapter is a little rushed and doesn't have enough detail in it >.< I was trying to finish this before midnight because I still need to study for AP, but this was more important to me xD More about Hyun Jae will come in the later chapters. Just enjoy sweet Kyumin for now :D Oh Minnie~ Don't you realize that you are in your own love story? After all,  I am writing it xDDD I haven't completely decided which couple will come next. If I don't decide soon, then all three might come. But if I do decide, then its possible that Eunhae will come back again....or Yewook....or Kyumin again...you see? I can't decide xD We'll see what happens~ Please comment and subscribe!!! <33333333 

Oh and by the way... -----> http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/188331 :)