Chapter 30: I Need To See You

I'm Not Cute!

 

Yesung’s POV

“Yeah, yeah, I hear you! I’m coming!” I heard Kyuhyun yell from inside our apartment as I continued knocking on the door. I didn’t know what to do after Ryeowook screamed at me so I just decided to walk all the way home. I didn’t even take the bus all the way here. I’m tired, hurt, and confused. I just want to sleep everything away as if it was just all a bad dream, but I know that won’t solve anything. Would it really solve anything if I just continued to try harder and keep apologizing to him? I guess not. He really hates me. Seeing me would probably just make him hate me even more.

 

 

“Man, you interrupted my game of-! Whoa, what happened to you?” Kyuhyun asked once he opened the door and saw how I looked. I must look like a mess after walking all the way here and crying my eyes out. I didn’t answer him as I stepped into our apartment and made my way towards my room. I threw myself on the bed and didn’t move a muscle. At that moment, Kyuhyun the light as sat down beside me. “Alright, what happened? Seeing you all depressed will cause problems for me to deal with. Where did you go anyway?”

 

 

“I went to the café to see Ryeowook. I wanted to talk to him. He was upset with me and I wanted to apologize, but he didn’t want to see me. I followed him to his house until he screamed at me,” I answered in a low, hushed tone. My throat was dry so it hurt to talk.

 

 

“Really? He screamed at you? What did he say?”

 

 

“He said…he hated me…” I clenched the bed sheet in my hand as I remembered what happened. I can’t get that moment out of head. It hurts. Everything hurts.

 

 

“He actually screamed that he hated you?” I nodded my head. “Wow. That’s so unlike him. I never would’ve thought that he would say something like that; especially towards you. But hey, you know what? Maybe something else just happened that made him say that.”

 

 

“How would you know? You weren’t there when he said it. I looked into eyes when he screamed at me and I could see the hatred he had for me.”

 

 

“Why do you care so much for him anyway? Have you finally realized your feelings for him?” he asked me this time.

 

 

“Y-Yes…I…I love him…” I mumbled, not wanting to say it completely out loud since I felt embarrassed to say it. Kyuhyun was silent for moment. I took a peek at him to see any reaction, but he just seemed calm.

 

 

“Well, it’s about time you realized it,” he just chuckled about it.

 

 

“Yeah, well, I wish I would’ve realized it earlier…” I mumbled again, burying my face into the pillow. I felt Kyuhyun’s hand patting my back as he just sighed.

 

 

“I find it weird of Ryeowook to do something like that though. I mean, after all, he’s basically in love with you.”

 

 

“W-what?”

 

 

“C’mon, I knew you were stupid, but I didn’t think you’d be this stupid. How could you not tell how in love he was with you? It was so obvious. In fact, both of you are so obvious. Everybody knew about you two. Sungmin, Eunhyuk, and even Donghae knew. It wasn’t really hard to tell. It just doesn’t make any sense for Ryeowook to suddenly have a change of heart. There’s has to be some explanation as to why he just hates you all of a sudden. Maybe I should ask the bunny about it.” Kyuhyun was about to stand up before I grabbed his arm and pulled him back down.

 

 

“It’s no use. I already asked Sungmin about it and he said that he couldn’t tell me.”

 

 

“That doesn’t mean that he won’t tell me.” Kyuhyun stood up again and walked towards him room to text Sungmin. I flipped around until I was lying on my side and was just staring at the wall. That’s when I noticed my phone lying next to me. I picked it up and stared at the turtle phone chain that was dangling off of it. I smiled softly at it. I remember when Ryeowook picked it out for me. We got matching ones. He picked it out for me to cheer me up that day.

 

 

Maybe I should stop thinking about him. Thinking about him more just hurts. The pain in my chest is getting harder and harder. Maybe I should forget about him. Would forgetting him make the pain go away? Or would it just make things worse? Something is telling me that I should forget everything that happened tonight and do what Ryeowook says. I should stay away from him.

 

 

But I’ve already fallen in love. No, I’ve been in love with him since the day we met. I’ve fallen so hard for him already. I don’t want to fall out of love just yet, or ever. What do I have to do to keep Ryeowook by my side?

 

 

Just then, Kyuhyun back into my room with his phone in his hand, reading a text message.

 

 

“Did Sungmin tell you anything?” I asked lifelessly.

 

 

“Sort of. He knew that I would tell you anything that he would say so he didn’t give me any details. All he said was to ask Father about it.” Suddenly, I sat straight up, seeing that the text message caught my attention. What does Father have to do with this? What has he done? What does he know?

 

 

“I’m going out,” I stated as I stood up from my bed until Kyuhyun just pushed me back down.

 

 

“Whoa, hold on there! You’re a complete mess right now. Plus you just got home so I’m pretty sure you must be tired. Get some rest first. Go talk to him about it tomorrow. I’ll even go with you.” Kyuhyun gave me a reassuring smile and I smiled back at him before hugging him.

 

 

“Thanks,” I stated before pushing me away.

 

 

“Ew, gross! Don’t hug me! I have Yesung germs on me now! I need to take another shower!” he complained like the little kid he was and I just rolled my eyes at him before kicking him out of my room. Just when I thought he was finally becoming a caring person, he goes ahead and ruins the mood. Whatever. At least he’ll go with me to see Father tomorrow. I just hope I won’t get entirely mad at him for something or else he’ll just get angrier. It’s a never ending battle between us.

 

 

I hope day, though, I’ll win.

 

 

The Next Night

Kyuhyun waited for me outside of the SM building after vocal training was done for me. He stood on front of one of our Father’s cars as he waved at me to get my attention. Once I spotted him, I made my way over to the car as we both got in and began driving away to our father’s company building. He doesn’t know we’re coming though. We never go to his company unless he calls for us. This would be the first time we’d be going by ourselves on our own free will. I wonder what his reaction would be.

 

 

Once we had finally reached the company building, Kyuhyun immediately parked the car and we got out as we walked towards the entrance. Some of our father’s workers recognized us and instantly let us in. By judging the look on their faces, they were surprised that we came since we weren’t called in. Kyuhyun and I made our way through the building until we reached the elevator. As we stepped in, I pressed the button for the highest floor and we were immediately being taken to where our father was.

 

 

A few seconds passed before the doors opened again and we stepped into the hall as we stood in front of our father’s office.

 

 

“You better wait out here. I won’t take long,” I told Kyuhyun. He nodded his head as he stood by the door. I took in a deep breath before pushing the doors into my father’s office. My heart was beating rapidly and I felt a few drops of sweat roll down my face. Once I stepped into the room, I felt a tense atmosphere surrounding me. Every time I come here, the atmosphere always feels a little weird, but this feeling was much different.

 

 

I looked straight ahead of me and found my father sitting in his big leather chair, not even turning around to look at me. Instead he was facing the wall, motionless. His face was emotionless.  

 

 

“Yesung, I’m surprised to see you here all by yourself,” he stated in a low tone. I swallowed the big lump in my throat before closing the doors and walking a little closer to his desk.

 

 

“I had Kyuhyun drop me off here,” I spoke out. I could feel my heart beating a little faster.

 

 

“What brings you here? What is so important that you had to come all this way to tell me?” he asked, looking rather amused if you ask me.

 

 

“W-well, I came here to ask you…i-if…” I stuttered.

 

 

“Out with it already!”

 

 

“…did you ever have a talk with Ryeowook?” I hesitated to ask.

 

 

“Ryeowook? Oh, that pathetic commoner acquaintance of yours? Why yes, he was here a while ago. We had a little talk. Why should it matter to you though?”

 

 

“Because he doesn’t want to talk to me. What did he say to you? Or, what did you say to him?”

 

 

“He said he doesn’t want to see you anymore. He told me to make sure that if I ever see you again with him, he’d receive punishment. He begged me for this. He told me he hated you and that never wanted to see you again. He also said that he never did believe that you could make it as a singer. He lied to you this entire time. I don’t want to have to say ‘I told you so’ but I told you to stay away from people like him. They’re not the kind of people you’re supposed to be around with.  They’ll end up lying and leaving you. They’re ugly, selfish creatures, really.”

 

 

I didn’t want to believe what he was saying. In fact, I couldn’t believe what he was saying. My heart is hurting again. The pain is getting stronger and stronger. But I don’t feel sad. I feel enraged. That fact that he said that Ryeowook hated me, didn’t want to see me anymore, and never believed in me makes me extremely angry.

 

 

Mostly because I know that it’s all a lie.

 

 

“Liar! You’re lying, I know you are! I know that look in your eyes. It’s always the same whenever you’re not telling the truth! Now tell me, what did you really say to him!?” I yelled. He finally turned his chair around to look at me with cold eyes.

 

 

“You dare yell at your own father like that!?” he yelled back.

 

 

“Tell me what you said to him!”

 

 

“Fine. I told him to stay away from you. I told him that if I ever saw him with you again, I’d do something he’s regret. He’ll be blaming everything on himself. Are you happy now?” he growled at me. I clenched my fists before running towards him and slamming him into the wall, holding him by the collar.

 

 

“Why did you do that!? Why did you tell him that!?” I yelled into his face.

 

 

“To prevent you from having anything to do with him! He’s ruining your life and I’m making sure it doesn’t happen anymore. You will be the heir to my company, not a lousy singer!” he yelled back. My knuckles began turning white as I clenched at his collar tighter and held him up higher against the wall.

 

 

“How many times do I have to tell you!? I’m not going to take over your stupid company. I will become a singer and Ryeowook will stand by my side cheering me on!”

 

 

“Why are you so concerned about that worthless piece of trash anyway!?”

 

 

“Because I’m in love with him!” My father’s eyes became wider and he was speechless. He had nothing else to say so I just continued to confront him. “I want you to listen clearly to me. Don’t you ever come near him ever again. Don’t touch him, don’t speak to him; don’t do anything! If I ever find out that you did something to him, I will never forgive you. And I don’t want you ever getting in between us; ever! DO you understand me!?” He was silent. He just stared at me with those cold eyes again.

 

 

I felt like something inside me had changed. This is the first time I’ve ever yelled at him like that. This is the first time I’ve ever confronted him like that. This is the first time I’ve ever told him what was really on my mind; how I really felt, and what I really wanted. And it felt good.

 

 

I’m not afraid of him anymore.

 

 

I finally put him down and let go of his collar. I was about to turn around and leave his office until he slapped me across the face.

 

 

“No son of mine will tell me what to do. Do you understand me!?”

 

 

“No,” I bluntly said. I finally saw a different emotion on his face. He always had an angry expression whenever he saw me. But this time, it was different.

 

 

He looked scared. He looked afraid of me. And it’s because I’m not afraid of him anymore. He can’t take advantage of me anymore.

 

 

“Y-You will become the h-heir and that’s final!” he yelled, but I just turned around and started walking away.

 

 

“I don’t think so. I’m going to be singer. I still have time left. And that’s final.” I began walking towards the door, leaving him standing in the same spot, shocked. Before I opened the door, I turned around to face him again. “You know, all this time, I felt like we were playing a game, ever since I was born. And all this time, you were always in the lead of winning because you always cheated. I thought I was going to lose and end up with nothing. But it’s different now. I’m in the lead. And I swear to you that I will win this game. I’ll win this game without cheating. I’ll win it fair and square. And my prize will be freedom.” At that moment, I opened the doors and stepped out, slamming the door behind me. I took a deep breath as Kyuhyun came up to me.

 

 

“Are you okay?” he asked me, and I smiled at him.

 

 

“Never better!” I chuckled and he smiled back.

 

 

“Guess you really didn’t need my help then, huh?”

 

 

“Guess not. You were always the stronger one between the both of us when it came to facing him. But it looks like we’re both even now.”

 

 

“I’m really proud of you, Hyung.”

 

 

“Kyuhyun! You called me Hyung!” I exclaimed, hugging him to death. He hasn’t called me hyung since we were little kids! This day can’t get any better!

 

 

“Yeah, yeah. Don’t get so used to it,” he stated as he pushed me off, making me pout in disappointment. “So, does that mean we’re done here?”

 

 

“Nope, there’s one more thing left to do. Will you drive me to Ryeowook’s house?” I asked him. He nodded his head as a response before the both of us headed out of the building towards the car and driving away to Ryeowook’s house. It was already 9:15pm so Ryeowook must be home from work by now.

 

 

In a matter of minutes, we had already arrived in front of his driveway. I got out of the car and began walking towards his door until I noticed that Kyuhyun was beginning to leave.

 

 

“Where are you going?” I asked him.

 

 

“Sorry. You gotta get your own ride home tonight. Later!” I rolled my eyes as he started to drive off, knowing that he just wanted to go bother Sungmin.

 

 

I turned around again and began walking towards Ryeowook’s door. I looked around and saw no cars around. His parents must not be home which means he’s all alone tonight. It makes things easier for me.

 

 

All right. Here goes nothing.

 

 

Ryeowook’s POV

I heard someone knocking at my door as I got off the couch from watching TV. I wonder who could be here this late at night. My parents were out for the night and wouldn’t be home till later. I wonder if it’s Sungmin or Eunhyuk.

 

 

Once I finally reached my door, I reached for the doorknob and turned it to see who it was, and I almost fell backward in shock as I saw Yesung standing in front me with a smile on his face.

 

 

“Ryeowook, I-” I didn’t let him finish what he wanted to say as I attempted to close the door in his face, but I couldn’t close it all the way because his foot was in between the door and was trying to push himself in.

 

 

“P-please, go away!” I begged as I continued to push the door close, but I felt my strength weakening as Yesung began to push harder.

 

 

“Ryeowook, I need to talk to you!”

 

 

“We have nothing to talk about! Go away!” At that moment, Yesung had finally pushed the door way open, making fall to the ground.

 

 

“I’m so sorry! Are you okay?” he asked as he tried to help me up, but I just scurried off of the floor and ran over towards the other side of the couch, hiding myself behind a pillow while holding another pillow in my hand, ready to throw it at him.

 

 

“G-get out of my house!” I ordered. Yesung closed the door behind him as he started walking towards me. I decided to throw the pillow at him, but since I can’t throw very hard, he only caught it, throwing to the side. I held onto the other pillow and backed away slowly. I thought I had told Yesung to stay away from me. Just how delusional is he?

 

 

“Ryeowook, please, just let me talk. I know that you don’t really hate me,” he stated, not taking another step forward towards me, making me suddenly curious.

 

 

“W-what do you mean?” I asked. He let out a big sigh before opening his mouth again.

 

 

“I had a talk with my father today. He told me everything; about how you’re pretending to hate me and wanting to stay away from me. He did this because he was determined for me to give up my singing dream. He told me all of this and I got angry at him. Ryeowook, why didn’t you just tell me all of this?” I wanted to cry again. He’s angry with me, I just know it. Why do I always have to make things worse?

 

 

“I-I’m sorry I couldn’t tell you. But he’s right. I can’t continue being with you anymore. I’ll just make your life miserable. I’ll ruin it for you. It’ll be all my fault and I can’t live with that!” I cried into my pillow. I felt my legs trembling. I felt weak to stand. I was about to collapse onto the floor until Yesung gently caught me and brought me over to the couch to sit down. He had his arm around me and held my hand as he rubbed it slowly.

 

 

“You’re wrong. It’s because of you that my life suddenly became so much better. I didn’t realize it at first, but you make me happier nowadays. Besides Kyuhyun, you were the only one that believed in me. You were the only one who thought I could pass as a singer. You gave me so much encouragement that it gave me the strength to never give up. And I can’t thank you enough for it. Ryeowook, you made my life better the moment I first met you.”

 

 

Yesung is always so kind to me. Why? Why is he so kind to someone like me? Someone who doesn’t deserve a person like him. That’s one of the things that I love about him. I still love him. Being here next to him like this makes my heart race and makes me want to stay like this forever, but I still can’t do this.

 

 

“Y-you have to stay a-away from me. Or e-else, your father will do something to you. And it’ll b-be my entire fault for it,” I continued to cry. He brought me closer to him and held me hand tighter.

 

 

“No he won’t. I confronted him today. I’m not running away from him anymore. This little game of ours will be over soon. He’s not going to hurt me anymore and I’m going to make sure he doesn’t lay a single finger you. You’ll have nothing to do with him anymore.” He let go of my hand to take the pillow away from me and wiped all the tears that were on my face. I looked up at him and he smiled at me, making my heart beat faster and faster. I couldn’t see any fear in his eyes anymore. The fear his father gave him once before was gone. It made me feel happier.

 

 

At that moment, I felt his lips lock onto mine instantly without giving me any warning. All this time, I’ve always wanted to feel what his lips felt like and what they tasted like. They were just like what I imagined. They were so soft. And he tasted so sweet. I felt myself melt into the sweet kiss as I wrapped my arms around his neck and he pulled me closer. I was beginning to feel this weird tingly sensation inside of me. So this is what it feels like to kiss the love of your life. It feels like I’m in a dream. If this really is a dream, I don’t ever want to wake up.

 

 

As I pulled away to breathe for air, he smiled at me again.

 

 

“Ryeowook, I love you,” he confessed. I felt my cheeks getting warming and the butterflies flying around in my stomach. I still couldn’t believe if this was reality or not. He said the three words I’ve always wanted to hear from him. Just when I was about to respond, his face suddenly became all red and he stood up quickly. “I-I mean, w-well, you p-probably don’t feel the s-same way about me. I m-mean, I know you d-don’t hate me, but you probably don’t l-love me either. I’m s-sorry, I didn’t mean t-to say that- uh- You don’t h-have to give me an a-answer now. Y-you can give it some t-thought o-or something- um- I-I guess I’ll just g-go now. S-see you later!” He began making his way towards the door until I stood up and grabbed his arm to pull him back.

 

 

“Wait!” I said before he could go. His face was still red and it seemed like he couldn’t look at me in the eyes, and I just had to smile at him. How cute can he get? “Hyung, didn’t you know already?”

 

 

“K-know what?” he stuttered. I can say it now. I can finally say what I really feel without being scared.

 

 

“I love you, Hyung. I’ve always wanted to tell you that. I love you so much!” I exclaimed with the biggest smile on my face. My cheeks were pink and my heart was racing, but in a good way. Yesung began smiling too before tugging on my arm, pulling me into a hug.

 

 

“In that case, Ryeowook, will you be my boyfriend?” he asked me softly, and I only smiled wider.

 

 

“Yes!” I answered as I hugged him tighter.

 

 

We stayed in each other’s arms for a while until he asked if he could spend the night with me since Kyuhyun left him. I said yes and let him borrow a pair of my pj’s. We stayed up together all night doing nothing but talking to each other (while playing with Ddangkkoma) and I felt nothing but happiness. This is what I wanted all along. Yesung finally belonged to me and nobody else. It makes me want to cry again, but tears of joy.

 

 

I started getting tired and Yesung noticed my constant yawning. He was kind enough to carry me all the way to my room and lay me on my bed. As I got comfortable, Yesung snuck his way in my bed and held me as I buried my head in his chest. 

 

 

“You sure your parents won’t mind if they see me here with you?” he asked.

 

 

“I’m sure. If not, then I’ll just explain what happened,” I answered as I started to close my eyes. Yesung kissed my forehead as he pulled me in closer.

 

 

“I love you,” he whispered, making me smile again.

 

 

Everything was just perfect.

 

 

I’ve got everything I’ve ever wanted now. 

 

 

“I love you too.” 

 

 

And I couldn't be any happier. 



 

A/N: I know what you're thinking. "OHMAIGAWSH AUTHOR-SSI JUST UPDATED EARLIER THAN EXPECTED! IT MUST BE MY BIRTHDAY OR SOMETHING!" Nope. Sorry. Truth is that I just got bored xD Lawl. I'm kidding. I couldn't leave you guys waiting like that for Yewook, so I decided to update early :) I've brought the fluff back! Oh Shisus I missed my fluff <3 The first couple has finally formed :) I apologize for making Ryeowook stupid in this story, but hey, if it wasn't for his stupidness, they wouldn't have ended up together that fast. So thank him and his stupididty :) Also, I don't want to disappoint you guys, but I can't make Yesung and Kyuhyun's father die. I know some of you want him dead (and possibly other people) but I can't kill him. I still need him for a while xD Just continue mentally hurting him,mkay?~ Next two chapters shall be EunSiHae :D Please comment and subscribe!! <333333333333333333 Yes, even you, silent readers <3 :) Btw, long comments always make my day~