Chapter 10: Come Play With Me

I'm Not Cute!

Eunhyuk's POV

I opened my eyes slowly due to the sun's rays shining over my eyes. As my vision was starting to become more clear, I saw that I was lying down on my bed. I was already home. I don't remember going home last night, though. Oh well, I"m not going to worry about it now. I'm still too tired to think. I closed my eyes again and turned over, grabbing one of my pillows and snuggling into the warmth. That's funny, I don't remember my bed ever being this cozy before, yet it feels so nice. I wish I can stay in my bed forever. I'm loving this feeling I'm getting. The breathing feels nice too.

 

 

Wait a minuet, breathing? Do all pillows breathe on you? And feel this warm? And usually wrap an arm around you? Oh my gosh, this isn't my pillow. This isn't my bed. This isn't my room. I cautiously opened my eyes and saw Donghae sleeping right next to me...

 

 

DONGHAE!? I'm in Donghae's room!? I'm sleeping next to him on the same bed! I'm using his arm as a pillow! He has his arm around me! OH MY GOSH! 

 

 

"AHHH!!" I screamed as I got out of Donghae's grip and actually rolled off the bed and onto the floor. I winced in pain and Donghae quickly jumped out of bed. 

 

 

"Hyukkie! Are you okay?" Donghae asked as he helped me stand up. Once I stood up, I pushed him away. 

 

 

"W-what am I doing here!?" I stuttered. 

 

 

"You don't remember? You fell asleep last night and I couldn't wake you up. My house was the closest place to go, so I carried you and let you sleep here." I couldn't believe it. I spent the whole night here next to Donghae? And I never woke up? Was I really that tired? 

 

 

"S-so, last night, w-we didn't do a-anything, did we?" I asked in an almost hushed tone. He stared at me for a moment. Suddenly his lips curved into what it seemed like an evil smirk. He started to walk towards me and I quickly walked backwards until my back hit the wall. Once Donghae reached me, he placed his hands on each side of my head and leaned in a little closer. 

 

 

"And what if we did?" he whispered. By then my face was getting hotter and hotter. He started to lean in closer to my face and I closed my eyes, getting ready for whatever was about to happen. However, I didn't expect to hear laughing. I opened my eyes and saw Donghae chuckling and backing away from me. "Just teasing you, Hyukkie. C'mon! Let's go eat breakfast!" And with that, he his heel and practically skipped out, leaving me still flustered. 

 

 

For a second there, I thought he was going to kiss me. Well, at least it looked like he wanted to. And what did I do? I just stood there. I didn't even try to run away. Was I waiting for it to happen? No! No! Of course not! I didn't really want him to kiss me, did I? I mean, he's a guy anyway and that would be weird. I don't like guys and I don't like Donghae. That stupid, loud, annoying fi-

 

 

"Hyukkie! I have strawberry waffles!" Donghae shouted from his kitchen and I smiled. 

 

 

"Coming!" 

 

 

...

 

 

We spent most of the morning eating strawberry waffles and watching TV, forgetting about what happened earlier. The only thing we were watching were cartoons, which seemed really odd for Donghae to watch at his age. We're the same age, right? I mean, these looked like cartoons I used to watch when I was like seven. Nervertheless, the whole time he kept his eyes on the screen, I kept my eyes on him. Everytime he laughed and had an enormous smile on his face, I had to smile as well. He still acts like a kid - which, for some reason - I find really cute. 

 

 

"Oh no! I'm gonna be late!" Donghae suddenly exclaimed. He jumped up and quickly ran upstairs to his room. I didn't know what was going on, so I just finished the last bit of my waffle and put our dishes in the sink. I turned off the TV and made my way upstairs as well. 

 

 

"Hae, what's going on?" I asked as I entered his room. 

 

 

"I forgot that I have dance practice in half an hour," he answered as he walked back and forth to get his things together. Since he'll be gone, that means no one will be home, so I might as well go back to my apartment. I saw that my belongings were right near the bed, so I quickly headed towards them and picked them up, along with my coat. Good thing he didn't change me out of my clothes from yesterday into his clothes.

 

 

"Let's go Hyukkie!" Donghae called out. He grabbed my hand and he started dragging me out of his house. Once he let go, he reached for his keys in his pocket and locked the door before turning to me. "Are you going home by yourself,  Hyukkie?"

 

 

"Yeah, I have to get ready for work later anyway."

 

 

"Okay. I'll see you later then." Donghae his heel and started to walk away, but I quickly caught up to him and pulled on his sleeve a little.  

 

 

"Wait!" I shouted, and he turned to me, a confused look on his face. 

 

 

"What is it Hyukkie?" I felt my face getting hotter. Why did I tell him to wait? I have no business with him anymore. I should just go home. 

 

 

"N-nothing! Its just that...um..." C'mon, think of something to say and just leave already! "T-thanks for letting m-me stay at your h-house..." I murmured. Well, its something, now leave! Move your feet! Why aren't you moving!? Suddenly, he flashed a cheesy smile and walked towards me to give me a hug, wrapping his arms around my waist. I could feel my heart beating faster and faster and my face getting gradually hotter. I've never felt this way before when he hugged me. Why am I acting like this now? I didn't know what to do, so I just stood there, hoping he'd let go. 

 

 

"Anytime, Hyukjae. I'd do anything for you," he whispered in my ear, and I swear my heart was about to explode. My heart was beating so fast that I could have a heart attack. Once he finally let go, he showed me another cheesy smile and waved goodbye before walking the other way, leaving me by myself to calm my heart down. I feel like there's some kind of mystery towards Donghae. One minute he's like an annoying kid who won't leave me alone, then he changes into this different person that I can't even explain. Whoever he is, he sure know how to get my heart racing. 

 

 

I shaked off the thought and decided to walk back home. I knew my way around and it wasn't too far. Although, on my way home, I saw Kyuhyun walk towards me, looking rather confused. 

 

 

"Kyuhyun?" 

 

 

"Oi, monkey, do you know where Sungmin is?" he asked me. 

 

 

"Shouldn't you be at school or something?" 

 

 

"I was, but Sungmin wasn't at the café this morning and he's not home." 

 

 

"Hyung has a day off today. I don't know where he might be at though. You might want to ask Ryeowook if he knows." 

 

 

"Okay, thanks," Kyuhyun said and started to walk away. 

 

 

"Hey! Go to school!" I shouted. 

 

 

"If I feel like it!" he shouted back, to which I just laughed. Something really is going on between those two. 

 

 

Sungmin's POV

"Hyung! Hyung! Come over here and look at this!" 

 

 

"No! Oppa is playing with me!" 

 

 

"Oppa, is it my turn yet?" 

 

 

"Hyung, you said it was my turn!" 

 

 

"Okay, okay! Kids, one at a time!" I laughed as the kids kept tugging on my arms. Why was I playing with children, you ask? Well, I guess you could say I have a second job. I'd been working at a day care center for a while now, but only on weekends or when I'm called in to help out. Ryeowook suggested that I'd help out here because he's good friends with the owners. I mean, why not? Its not like I don't like children. Plus the owners are really nice. 

 

 

"Now, now kids. Sungmin isn't able to play with all of you at the same time. Let's not overwork him," one of the owners said as he came in. "Let's give him a break." 

 

 

"Aww, okay," the kids whined, but they left to go play. I sighed as I stood up. 

 

 

"Phew, thanks Leeteuk hyung," I sighed and he smiled at me. 

 

 

"No, I should be thanking you. I obviously couldn't take care of all of these kids by myself." 

 

 

"What about Kangin hyung? You always got him." Leeteuk smiled even more as his cheeks turned pink. 

 

 

"Yeah, I know." I chuckled at his embrarrassment. Leeteuk and Kangin own this day care together. I was really surprised when I found out that the two of them were dating, but I was happy for them. Its not like I don't support same- relationships. Call me weird, but some reltionships like that are sometimes really sweet. 

 

 

"Teukie! Where;s the bottle?" Kangin asked from another room. He was taking care of the babies. 

 

 

"I'm coming!" Leeteuk grabbed a bottle from the counter and walked away. I was beginning to think that the two of them own this place because they wanted children of their own. I came up with this the first time I came here. Leeteuk was treating me as if I was his son. Which I thought was pretty weird, but I kinda liked it because he reminded me of my mother. 

 

 

Just then, I heard the door open and I went to go see who it was. I was going to greet them, but my jaw dropped at the sight of an annoying presence. 

 

 

"So you are here, Sungmin," Kyuhyun smirked as he walked in. 

 

 

"Kyuhyun!? What are you doing here!? Shouldn't you be at school!?" 

 

 

"You weren't at the café this morning and the monkey said it was your day off today. I asked Yesung for the eternal maknae's number and asked him if he knew where you might be. And now, here I am," he explained. 

 

 

"Eternal maknae?" 

 

 

"Yeah, Ryeowook is the eternal maknae between the six of us." 

 

 

"Six of us? Who's 'the six of us'?" 

 

 

"The fish, the monkey, the eternal maknae, the weird turtle-loving guy, the evil genius, and the adorable bunny." What is he talking about? Well, the monkey and the fish must be Eunhyuk and Donghae because that's what they call each other. He just said that Ryeowook was the eternal maknae. The weird turtle-loving guy....must be Yesung. Ryeowook did say that he liked turtles. Evil genius....he must be talking about himself. Psh, can't belive he's calling himself a genius. Evil is true though. Now the adorable bunny...wait, is that me!? 

 

 

"Yah! Who are you calling 'adorable bunny'!?" I yelled. 

 

 

"Because you're adorable." 

 

 

"But why a bunny!?" 

 

 

"You said you liked bunnies, right? They're your favorite animal." Darn it. I did say that. 

 

 

"Sungmin? Who is it?" Leeteuk asked as he walked in. I sighed. 

 

 

"Hyung, this is Kyuhyun. Annoying little brat that should be in school right now." 

 

 

"Well what if I wanted to see you?" Kyuhyun argued. 

 

 

"Well I don't want to see you!" I argued back. 

 

 

"Oh my gosh!" Leeteuk's face lit up as he smiled. "Its nice to meet you, Kyuhyun-ah. I'm Leeteuk, but please call me Leeteuk umma!" Oh great. Hyung found a new son. Kyuhyun, on the other hand, looked at him as if he were rather weird. 

 

 

"Last time I checked, my mom was a woman," he said, but Leeteuk was too happy to care. 

 

 

"Kyuhyun-ah, would you like to help Sungmin today with the kids? He's being too overworked nowadays." 

 

 

"Teukie!!" Kangin yelled. 

 

 

"I'm coming!" And with that, Leeteuk left while Kyuhyun just stared at me. 

 

 

"What?" 

 

 

"I thought I told you not to overwork youself." 

 

 

"I'm not. I'm just dealing with children. Its the same as dealing with you, except I'm less annoyed." I said as I walked back towards the kids. I heard Kyuhyun laugh behind me while trailing behind. As I entered the next room, I was greeted by a swarm of kids. 

 

 

"Sungmin hyung! Where have you been!?" 

 

 

"Oppa! You're back!" 

 

 

"Let's go play now!" 

 

 

"C'mon! Hurry!" 

 

 

I smiled at all of the attention I was getting until I noticed some of them staring at Kyuhyun. "Kids, this is Kyuhyun. He's gonna play with everyone as well," I told them. They all stared at him before crowding around him as well. They were all pulling on him and he just stood there. He looked at me, saying with his eyes that he didn't know what to do. I smirked and walked away with a couple of other kids. Good luck, Cho Kyuhyun. 

 

 

...

 

 

"Ha! I beat you!" 

 

 

"No fair! You cheated!" 

 

 

"No! I beat you fair and square!" 

 

 

"Let me try and beat him now!" 

 

 

"Wait! I wanna rematch!" 

 

 

"You're just gonna lose again!" 

 

 

Kyuhyun and mostly all of the boys have been playing video games all morning. And in every single game that they played, Kyuhyun won all of them. I didn't think he'd be this good at games! No wonder why he gets picked on at school. While all of the boys were playing with him, I had to play with all of the girls. Not that I'm complaining though. Its much easier playing with the girls than the boys. While I watched the girls play with their dolls, I saw one of them not playing at all. I got up from the floor and sat next to her near the window. 

 

 

"Haneul-ah, what's wrong?" I asked her. She didn't speak but I noticed that she was looking at the boys' side. "Do you want to play with the boys?" She still didn't say anything but I noticed her cheeks getting a little pink. "Perhaps, is there someone you really like?" This got her to nod her head a little and I smiled. 

 

 

"Oppa, how do I get him to notice me?" she asked quietly. 

 

 

"Why don't you try giving him something? I bet he'll like it if you personally give him something. Do it when its nap time though, okay? Haneul-ah, fighting!" I put up my fist and smiled at her, earning a smile back. 

 

 

"Okay, thank you oppa!" she giggled and she went to go play with the other girls. Just then, Kyuhyun came and sat down next to me. 

 

 

"What? Tired already?" 

 

 

"Nope. Did you see me win all of those games? I'm on a roll today!" he exclaimed, and I couldn't help but chuckle at him a little. He's eighteen, but he acts like a kid. 

 

 

"Well, you're gonna have to stop 'cause its nap time for everyone. This is the hardest part of the day." 

 

 

"Getting them to take a nap? How hard can it be?" 

 

 

"You don't think its hard? Alright then. Try. If you need help, just say it." Kyuhyun smirked. 

 

 

"I don't need help getting kids to sleep. Just watch." He stood up and walked over towards the middle of the play area. Immediately, all of the kids crowded around him. "Kids, play time if over. It's nap time." Suddenly, all of the kids grabbed grabbed their mats off of the rack and laid them wherever they wanted. Kyuhyun looked back at me and whispered a faint "I told you so" while I just sat there smirking with my arms crossed. Once all of the mats were laid out, they all started to play again. "Hey! I said play time is over!" No one listened to him. They even started to pull his arms and asked him to play. Of course, he kept refusing, but nothing was getting them to stop.

 

 

This kept going on for a while and I just laughed at Kyuhyun's failure. Suddenly, he looked at me and mouthed the words "help me" with pleading eyes. I sighed as I stood up and walked over to another room. It was a music room that had many different instruments. My favorite was the piano. I pulled out the bench and lifted the piano cover before I began to play a soft tune. After a minute of playing or so, I heard the laughter die down until I couldn't hear anything anymore. I stopped playing once Kyuhyun came in. 

 

 

"How did you do that?" he asked. 

 

 

"When they hear 'nap time', they think all it means is to bring out the mats and continuing playing again. The first time I came here, I played this song and it made everyone tired, so this is how I get them to sleep." Kyuhyun nodded and suddenly smiled as he sat down next to me. 

 

 

"Looks like I learned another thing about you. I had no idea you could play piano." 

 

 

"My mother taught me when I was little. She was my teacher and I've loved it ever since." 

 

 

"Can you play anything else?" 

 

 

"I can also play guitar. That I taught myself. My father taught me how to play the saxophone once, but I don't play much anymore." 

 

 

"Wow, you can play three instruments. Maybe I should teach you how to play the harmonica." He smiled at me and I just laughed at his dorkiness. Just then, we heard the door open and saw Haneul walk in slowly. 

 

 

"Haneul-ah, what are you doing here?" I asked. She stayed silent as she pulled out a small flower from her back and gave it to Kyuhyun. He was just as shocked as I was. 

 

 

"Is this for me?" he asked and she nodded her head while I smiled at her. I guess they boy she was talking about was really Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun smiled as well. "Thank you. I really appreiciate it." Her cheeks turned pink as she smiled. I got up and went towards her to pick her up before I sat back down. 

 

 

"See? I told you he'd be happy." She nodded her head as she rested her head on my shoulder. "Are you tired now?" She nodded her head again as she closed her eyes. I got up once more and walked out to let her lie down on her mat before walking back in. As I got in and closed the door, Kyuhyun started to play the piano. I sat down next to him as he played. It sounded beautiful, but also somewhat sad. 

 

 

"Chilnyeoneul mannatjyo
Amudo uriga ireoke
Swipge ibyeolhal jureun mollatjyo

Geuraedo urineun heeojyeo beoryeotjyo
Gin sigan ssahawatdeon gieogeul namginchae

Urin eojjeom neomu eorinnaie
Seororeul manna gidaenneunji molla
Byeonhaeganeun uri moseupdeureul
Gamdanghagi eoryeowonneunjido

Ibyeolhamyeon apeudago hadeonde
Geureongeotdo neukkilsuga eobseotjyo
Geujeo geunyang geureongabwa hamyeo damdamhaenneunde

Ureotjyo uuu sigani gamyeonseo naegejun
Aswiume geuriume naetteutgwaneun dareun
Naui mameul bomyeonseo
Cheoeumen chinguro daeumeneun yeoninsairo
Heeojimyeon gakkaseuro chingusairaneun
Geu mal jeongmal matneunde
"

 

 

When he finished playing, I clapped quietly. 

 

 

"That was Yoo Young Seuk's 7 Years of Love wasn't it?" I asked. 

 

 

"Yeah. Its the only song I know how to play. And usually everytime I'd play it, Donghae would cry a little." 

 

 

"I can understand why. You have a voice that makes people want to cry when they listen. But at the same time, it makes them happy beacause they're hearing something beautiful, despite the fact that it's sad." 

 

 

"Are you saying that I have a beautiful voice, Sungmin?" My cheeks got hotter when I realized what I just said. 

 

 

"W-well, a-actually I... uh...I-I would be lying i-if I said you d-didn't..." I said quietly. "I really like your voice Kyu." I could feel my cheeks getting hotter and hotter while he just chuckled at me. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him. 

 

 

"Thank you, Minnie." 

 

 

I'd also be lying if I said I didn't want him to sing to me at least once.


A/N: Annyeong!! ^^ I wrote this as fast as I could this time. I only had three days to write and I'm tired >.< But Teukie umma and Kangin appa are here! They're just minor characters though ^^ Its mostly a Kyumin chapter this time~ And you probably already knew that Kyu was singing 7 Years of Love. Whenever I hear that song, I just have to cry TT TT Hyukkie thinks there's some kind of mystery towards Donghae and Minnie wants Kyu to sing to him :O Ohohoho. Before I sign off, its Kyu's turn to ask a question! Are you ready? Go ahead Kyu! 

Kyuhyun: I'll get straight to it. This is a serious question. Wouldn't Sungmin make a cute bunny? 

Sungmin: What the heck, Kyu!? D:< That's so stupid! 

Kyuhyun: Whaaaat? You can't honestly say that I'm not only one who thinks about it. 8D 

Donghae: I bet Hyukkie would make a better monkey! 

Eunhyuk: Hae! Don't say that! >.<

Donghae: But you would! You'd be incrediblely cute!! ^^ 

Kyuhyun: Minnie would be cuter than that monkey :P 

Sungmin & Eunhyuk: WOULD YOU GUYS SHUT UP!? 

Yesung: I still don't know what's going on. C'mon Ryeowook, let's go see Ddangkkoma! 

Ryeowook: O-okay! >///< 

And the "who's cuter" arguement still goes on =3= Until next time! More Kyumin and maybe a little Yewook on the way :) Please comment and subscribe!! <333333333333