Chapter 20: Surprise!

I'm Not Cute!

 

December 31; 12:59pm

Kyuhyun’s POV

“C’mon, just do this for me!” I begged to Eunhyuk on the phone as he sighed.

 

 

“Fine. What time does that party start?”

 

 

“8:00pm. Just keep him out of the house till then and make sure you leave an extra key near his door.”

 

 

“Is there a particular reason to why you’re throwing Sungmin a birthday party?”

 

 

“W-well, that’s what friends do, r-right?” I stuttered.

 

 

“Are you sure it’s not because of a different reason?” I could practically hear his smirk forming on his face. I felt my face getting hotter.

 

 

“Yes I’m sure! Just go and keep him busy!” I yelled before hanging up.

 

 

Today is New Year’s Eve, which means tomorrow will be the start of the new year. But Ryeowook told me that tomorrow will also be Sungmin’s birthday. Last week, I had to miss Christmas with him because I had to do some boring business stuff with my father, so I’m throwing him a birthday party. I’ve asked Ryeowook and Eunhyuk to keep him out of his house for a while so I can set up the party in his house. I’ve already invited the two of them, Yesung, Donghae, Leeteuk and Kangin, and even Heechul and Hangeng, just because I know they like to party.

 

 

I’m only doing this cause that’s what friends do, right?

 

 

I stepped out of my house and got into one of my father’s cars (that I totally took without permission, but I couldn’t care less). Yesung and Donghae should be at Sungmin’s house by now, setting things up, which leaves me to getting a cake and a present for him.

 

 

As I started driving, I looked around for a perfect cake shop. Donghae mentioned a strawberry shop he went to with Eunhyuk that has really nice cake. Before I knew it, I had already found it. I parked my car and quickly got out before heading inside. When I got inside, I started looking at the different cakes they had. I have to make sure I pick the right one; one that Sungmin will like; the perfect one.

 

 

Maybe he’ll like this one? No.

 

 

Maybe that one? No.

 

 

That one looks nice. But he probably won’t like it.

 

 

That one looks good, and it’s cheap too. But the cheaper ones are probably the worst.

 

 

This looks really pretty. But it’s too expensive.

 

 

Arrgh! Why does this have to be so difficult!?

 

 

“How may I help you?” a woman asked as she came up to me.

 

 

“I’m looking for a really good cake. Not really cheap, not too expensive. Something that someone would really like the first time they try it.”

 

 

“Is it or someone you like?” she giggled and my face started to become warmer again.

 

 

“N-no! It’s just for a friend. It’s his birthday, so I want to get him a really goo cake.”

 

 

“Then you want to get this one.” She walked over to the display cakes and took out a big round cake with white frosting. Chocolate was placed on top and strawberries circled the cake. It was prefect! I told her I wanted that one and she gladly wrapped it up in a box. I paid her took the box as I headed towards the car again.

 

 

I started up the car and began to drive to Sungmin’s house. I gotta get the cake to his house before I go buy him a present, or else it’ll be spoiled. In a matter of minutes, I had arrived at his house. Yesung and Donghae should still be decorating. I got out of the car with the cake box in my hand and walked towards his door. I knocked on it three times and waited until Donghae opened the door.

 

 

“Yay! You’re here!” he cheered as I stepped inside. I found Yesung standing on a chair, hanging up some decorations on the wall.

 

 

“Hey Kyuhyun, can you—“

 

 

“You should hang that up higher! Don’t you know how to do this!?” I yelled. I set the cake box on the table and lightly pushed Yesung off of the chair. I stood on top of it instead and hung the decoration up myself.

 

 

“I thought it looked fine,” Yesung said.

 

 

“It has to be perfect though!”

 

 

“You must really like Sungmin a lot of you’re trying to make everything perfect,” Donghae said with a smirk on his face as he began sipping on some strawberry milk he pulled out of nowhere. I blushed and almost fell off of the chair.

 

 

“W-what!? I do not!” I yelled. “I’m just being a good friend.”

 

 

“Liar!”

 

 

“I don’t like Sungmin!”

 

 

“Yeah, right. And Yesung hyung doesn’t like Ryeowook.”

 

 

“W-what?” Yesung stuttered.

 

 

“Look, you fish, if you’re not going to help, then go talk to your monkey or something!” I said as I got off of the chair.

 

 

“Okay!” Donghae reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone before dialing Eunhyuk’s number. “Hyukkie! I miss you!” There’s something wrong with him. I don’t know how Eunhyuk puts up with him. I should ask him later.

 

 

Suddenly, I heard my phone ring. I reached into my pocket and grabbed my phone out. I looked at the caller I.D. and saw that it was my father calling. I cursed under my breath. Why does he have to call now!? Such bad timing! I feel like something bad will happen.

 

 

7:59pm

Ryeowook’s POV

“What’s going on you guys? You’ve kept me out of the house all day without giving me a reason!” Sungmin complained as we reached his house.

 

 

“Don’t worry! You’re gonna find out why in just a second,” Eunhyuk said as we dragged him to his door. I turned the door knob and finally opened the door for Sungmin as he stepped inside. It was dark. There were no lights on, but we heard a faint countdown before the lights finally .

 

 

“Surprise!” everyone cheered as they popped out of their hiding places. I looked towards Sungmin, who had the biggest smile on his face.

 

 

“I can’t believe it! You guys did all of this for me? You really didn’t have to.”

 

 

“Of course we did. You’re important to us too,” I said Leeteuk.

 

 

“Plus, who doesn’t like a good party?” Heechul added.

 

 

“I think you should know who set this all up,” Yesung said as he came up to us.

 

 

“Who?” Sungmin asked.

 

 

“Kyuhyun did.”

 

 

“H-he did? But I don’t see him anywhere.”

 

 

“Oh, well, he had to leave for a little bit, but he’ll be back soon.” I couldn’t help but notice a small disappointed look on Sungmin’s face. I wonder where Kyuhyun went.

 

 

9:15pm

It’s been over an hour, but Kyuhyun hasn’t shown up yet. I’m pretty sure Sungmin has asked about him at least five times already.

 

 

“Hyung?” I called out to Yesung.

 

 

“Yeah?”

 

 

“Where did Kyuhyun go off to?”

 

 

“Our father called earlier and he had to leave to do something. He told me not to tell Sungmin because he doesn’t want him to worry.”

 

 

“Oh.” Yesung and I sat together quietly on the couch while the others were chatting on the other side of the room. I felt the awkwardness between us. Although, just being next to him makes me really happy, even if there’s nothing to say. I suddenly started to think about the time when he kissed my cheek, and I started blushing. I meant to ask him why he did that, but I feel shy asking him about it. He couldn’t possibly feel the same way about me too, could he?

 

 

“About that kiss the other night…” I felt my heart beating faster. Is he able to read minds? Why did he bring it up all of a sudden? “I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to surprise you like that. I really don’t know what came over me. It wasn’t supposed to happen.”

 

 

“O-oh, okay…” I frowned. Of course he doesn’t think of me like that. How stupid can I be?

 

 

“I-I didn’t mean it like that! I mean, i-it’s not t-that I didn’t want t-to! No, um, I d-didn’t hate it o-or anything like that. I l-liked it- No!- um- I mean- that is- uh—“

 

 

“Hyung, it’s okay,” I chuckled. He really is cute. I’ll never know what goes on in his head.

 

 

“Oh, that’s right, I have something for you.”

 

 

“Really? What for?”

 

 

“It’s a New Year’s present. I couldn’t wait till midnight, so I’ll just give it to you now.” Yesung reached behind him and pulled out a white box with a red bow on it.

 

 

“You really didn’t have to. I didn’t even get you anything.”

 

 

“Don’t worry about it.” He handed me the box and I smiled. He really is the sweetest guy I’ve ever met. As I began opening the box, I found a small, stuffed giraffe lying inside.

 

 

“A giraffe? Why a giraffe?” I asked.

 

 

“Cause it was the only one left at the store and it’s cute.” So, I admit, he’s also very strange, but even so…

 

 

“Thanks you so much, Hyung,” I thanked him and we both smiled. Soon after, we didn’t have anything left to say, and we just stared at each other. I felt myself blushing as I looked into his eyes, but I never looked away. I wanted to look into his eyes forever. I felt myself getting lost in them. He seemed to be getting closer to me, and I unconsciously got closer as well until our noses were only inches apart. We slowly began to close our eyes as we got even closer; close enough to feel his breath on my face. Our hands were barely touching as we got closer and closer and—

 

 

“Hey great party, huh?” We heard Heechul scream and we immediately pulled away. My heat was racing and my face was getting hotter and hotter.

 

 

“Chullie, don’t bother them. Sorry guys, he gets drunk after drinking ten glasses of wine,” Hangeng explained.

 

 

“I am not drunk!” Heechul slurred.

 

 

“Yes you are Chullie. Now, let’s leave them alone.” Hangeng dragged Heechul away, leaving the two of us, alone again. It’s more awkward now than it was before.

 

 

Did I really just try to kiss him? Stupid Ryeowook! He doesn’t even like you that way!

 

 

“Do you want some?” Yesung asked he handed me a glass of wine. I nodded as I took the glass and he picked up his own. We showed each other small, awkward smiles before taking a sip of red wine.

 

 

I wonder what it’s like to kiss his lips…

 

 

10:33pm

Eunhyuk’s POV

“Sungmin, would you calm down?” I said.

 

 

“If he decides to throw a party for me, he should at least be here!” Sungmin complained as he took a sip of wine.

 

 

“Now isn’t the time to be worrying about your boyfriend,” I joked while smirking.

 

 

“Yah! I told you that he’s hot my boyfriend!” he yelled, and I just laughed at him.

 

 

“Ahem! Hyukkie!” I turned around and saw Donghae with his arms crossed, pouting. I’ve been avoiding him this entire time. Before I got a chance to even speak, he grabbed my arms and pulled me down the hall and pushed me inside of a closet, closing and locking the door before turning on the light.

 

 

“Yah! What are we doing in here!?” I complained.

 

 

“You’ve been avoiding me, haven’t you?”

 

 

“W-what? O-of course not,” I lied.

 

 

“Yes you have. You’ve been avoiding me ever since I called you earlier and then you suddenly hung up.” Oh yeah, earlier in the day he called me, but I hung up on him shortly. I had to! While Ryeowook and I kept Sungmin busy, we accidentally ran into Siwon. I can’t tell him that I was with Siwon all day. He’d get mad again. Especially after what happened earlier.

 

 

Flashback

“Hyukjae, I want you to become mine,” Siwon told me. He pulled me behind a building away from Ryeowook and Sungmin because he wanted to “talk”.

 

 

“Siwon, I told you that I don’t go by that name anymore. I don’t want you calling me that,” I said quietly.

 

 

“I love you.”

 

 

“I-I know but—“

 

 

He didn’t give me a chance to finish my sentence as he stepped closer to me and kissed my cold lips. I almost fell backwards because I was so surprised, but he wrapped him arms around my waist, pulling me closer. I started feeling weak. Just when I was about to kiss back, I put my hands over his chest, pushing him away. I can’t continue kissing him; no matter how much it feels good.

 

 

“I-I’m sorry, Siwon,” I apologized in a faint whisper. He just smiled at me.

 

 

“It’s okay. I just really wanted to kiss you. You’re going to become mine someday anyway, so I don’t want to rush you.”

 

 

End of Flashback

“Hyukkie…” Donghae whined. There’s absolutely no way that I’m telling him that I was with Siwon today and that he kissed me.

 

 

“Look, I’m sorry if it seems like I’ve been avoiding you. It’s just been a crazy day for me, that’s all.”

 

 

“…you saw Siwon today, didn’t you?” What? How did he know?

 

 

“W-well, I-I—“ He shut me up and placed his lips on mine. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer. He’s kissing me, again. Stop it, Eunhyuk. Push him away! You guys aren’t even dating! You shouldn’t be doing this; this is wrong!

 

 

But it feels so right.

 

 

I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer; if that was even possible. I tilted my head and kissed him back, making our kiss deeper. A few seconds passed before. I finally pulled away to breathe. While I was panting, he just smiled sweetly at me.

 

 

“I didn’t think you’d be so into it,” he chuckled. I blushed as I removed my arms from his neck and gently slapped his arm before he grabbed my hands. “I don’t care what Siwon says. You’re going to become mine. You’re going to choose me; I know you will. Just remember that I still love you Hyukjae.” I felt the butterflies fluttering in my heart again. The way he says my name is still so different; different…in a good way.

 

 

What are you doing to me, Donghae?

 

 

11:45pm

Sungmin’s POV

That stupid, annoying, bratty Kyuhyun. Who the heck throws a party for me and doesn’t even show up!? What was the whole point of this if he’s not even here!? Not that I don’t appreciate everyone being here, but he’s not! Stupid Kyu!

 

 

“Sungmin, are you okay?” Leeteuk asked me as he and Kangin came up to me.

 

 

“Yeah, I’m fine.”

 

 

“Do you not like the party?”

 

 

“No! Of course I like it! I’m very thankful that you guys are here.”

 

 

“He’s probably still worrying about Kyuhyun,” Kangin said.

 

 

“I-I’m not worried about him. I’m just wondering why he’s throw me this party.”

 

 

“I can think of a really good reason why he would.”

 

 

“Why?”

 

 

“Don’t worry about it. I’m sure he’ll be here any minute.”

 

 

“Guys! It’s almost midnight! Let’s go wait for the fireworks!” Heechul cheered. He was dragged out by Hangeng and Yesung followed with Ryeowook tagging along. Then came Donghae who was pulling a very red Eunhyuk by his hand. Leeteuk and Kangin left next, leave me last. I sighed and decided to go up on top of the roof to watch fireworks.

 

 

Stupid Kyuhyun.

 

 

Where did you go?

 

 

11:58pm

Kyuhyun’s POV

Aish, stupid father! Why did you have to keep me out so long with that stupid girl!? I hope Sungmin won’t be mad with me. I finally parked my car near Sungmin’s house and stepped out, only to find every one standing outside.

 

 

“Kyuhyun!” Yesung called out as he walked towards me. “Where have you been?”

 

 

“No time to talk. Where’s Sungmin?” I asked.

 

 

“Ryeowook said he’s on the roof. But—“ I grabbed a bag from the trunk and made my way over to the side of the house, where I found a ladder going up to the roof. I quickly climbed it up and found Sungmin, sitting by himself.

 

 

“K-Kyuhyun?” he stuttered as he looked back at me.

 

 

“Hey, Sungmin. Sorry I’m late.” Sungmin pouted angrily at me before turning around looking away from me when I sat down next to him.

 

 

“You’re stupid…” he mumbled.

 

 

“Why?”

 

 

“Who throws a party for me but doesn’t even show up?”

 

 

“ I said I was sorry. My dad had me hang with Hyun Jae all day and I couldn’t get out of it.”

 

 

“Oh,” he said, annoyed.

 

 

“So, you didn’t like that party?”

 

 

“No, I did. It was really nice of you to do it, but why did you?”

 

 

“Nobody else seemed to want to, so I did. Plus, that’s what friends do, right?”

 

 

“Right…friends…” he mumbled again.

 

 

“3…2…1…Happy New Year!” the other screamed as fireworks went off in the sky. Colors of red, blue, yellow, green, purple, and pink shined across the night sky, lighting up the neighborhood. Sungmin was smiling; enjoying the fireworks that boomed up above. I grabbed the bad and placed it on his lap.

 

 

“Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Sungmin, happy birthday to you,” I sang, and his smile became even wider. He reached into the bag and pulled out a wine bottle and two glasses; he chuckled.

 

 

“Wine. I should’ve known.” He gave me one of the glasses and poured some for the both of us. We gently clashed our glasses together before drinking. “Thanks a lot Kyu. This is really my fourth glass of wine. You want to get me drunk?”

 

 

“It’s not a bad idea. You’re cuter when you’re drunk anyway.” He pouted again before gently pushing me, and I just laughed.

 

 

“But seriously, thanks a lot Kyu. It really means a lot to me.”

 

 

“You’re welcome.” I continued to stare at him as he watched the fireworks go off.

 

 

I don’t know what he did to me, but I think I’m beginning to like him.

 

 

“Woah! That one was so cool!” he exclaimed. I smiled at him.

 

 

“You’re so cute, Minnie.” He pouted before turning away from me, but I still saw a small grin on his face.

 

 

 

“Yeah, yeah.” 



 

A/N: Love is in the air, don't you agree? :3 Sorry this is a day late. I literally wrote this entire chapter just today. I hadn't had any time to write last week because I was studying all week for AP. AP is a pain in the >.< But anyway, chapter 20 is here! Wow, we're already at chapter 20! Lots of things happened in this chapter, yes? :) I decided to put all couples here~ Let's talk about them for a second shall we? 

tumblr_m3mtrxjdrq1qmfaxb.gif

 

Let's start with Yewook. Shippers must be mad that they didn't kiss xD 

tumblr_m3mtzyKT4V1qmfaxb.gif

It's still too soon for that! Just wait a little longer, okay? :) 

tumblr_m3mtrq05l91qmfaxb.gif

Plus, I think we should all blame Heechul for ruining the moment. It was his fault anyway...

tumblr_m3mttvMLcd1qmfaxb.gif

Now, let's go to EunSiHae. 

I'm pretty sure people are getting frustrated with Siwon by now x3 

tumblr_m3mtzlzcKw1qmfaxb.gif

Spoken by the one and only: Shisus~

It's okay. Eunhyuk is getting pretty frustrated too. 

tumblr_m3mtxg6LED1qmfaxb.gif

No, not those frustrations Eunhyuk .____. 

But look! I still gave them a happy ending :) They even kissed again!

tumblr_m3mu083KJr1qmfaxb.gif

And last, but not least, Kyumin. I think this was originally suppose to be a Kyumin chapter, to be honest. 

Sungmin never fails to show his hatred towards Hyun Jae. 

tumblr_m3mu0kTWYJ1qmfaxb.gif

But Kyu still managed to make a bunny very happy :) 

tumblr_m3mtwd9v971qmfaxb.gif

 

Not only that, but Kyuhyun admits to liking Sungmin! 

tumblr_m3mtuaEMyO1qmfaxb.gif

 

As you can see, I've been around Tumblr for a while xD Again, not sure which couple will come out on the next chapter, so you're just going to have to wait to find out~ See you next time! Please comment and subscribe!!!! <33333333333333