Chapter 28: Coincidence

I'm Not Cute!

 

Sungmin’s POV

“So Hyung, are you coming tonight?”

 

 

“Sure. I’ll drop by later.”                

 

 

“Alright. See you then!”

 

 

“Later, Eunhyuk!” I bid goodbye to Eunhyuk as I stepped out of the café and started walking away. Eunhyuk was acting very strange today. It must be because of that little date he and Donghae had yesterday. Makes me wonder what they actually did, but then again, I really don’t want to know what they did together. Not that I’m thinking anything ual! It’s just that I’d predict his story to be very mushy and romantic and it makes me almost jealous.

 

 

But besides his very weird acting, he asked me to sleepover at his apartment tonight with Ryeowook. I asked him why all of a sudden he wants us to come over and he gave me two reasons. The first reason was because the three of us haven’t been with each other in a while; just the three of us, without Kyuhyun, Yesung, and Donghae. I had to agree on that. Whenever we get together, the other three are somehow always there. It might be nice for just the three of us to hang out.

 

 

The second reason was because Ryeowook has also been acting weird lately. I’ve been starting to notice it too. I tried to ask him if anything was wrong but he just ignores the question. We’re best friends, so it’s no surprise that we’d tell each other everything; even our problems no matter how bad they are, but recently he’s been so quiet. He’s starting to worry me. I thought about all the possibilities of what could’ve been wrong. I got a hint that it was something about Yesung because whenever Eunhyuk and I ask him about he and Yesung are doing, he always stiffens up and just walks away. Something must have happened between them, and Eunhyuk and I are going to get to the bottom of it.

 

 

I should ask Yesung myself if anything happened between them, but it’s still just a possibility. We’re not 100% sure if it really is about him. But I guess it can’t hurt to try, can it? I reached into my pocket and pulled out my phone as I began dialing Yesung’s number. I hope he isn’t busy or anything.After a few seconds of listening to the dial tone, Yesung finally picked.

 

 

“Hello?”

 

 

“Ah, hello? Yesung hyung?”

 

 

“Oh, Sungmin-ah! I was just about to call you.”

 

 

“Really? Was there something that you needed?” I asked.

 

 

“Well, actually yes. You see, I-”

 

 

“SUNGMIN! HELP! I’M DYING! YESUNG IS KILLING ME!” I heard Kyuhyun’s voice in the background and I had to pull my phone away from my ear before I became deaf from his loud annoying voice.

 

 

“Kyuhyun, be quiet! You see, Sungmin, I’m kind of broke at the moment and I can’t go out to buy any dinner for Kyuhyun and I. I was hoping that you might go out and get something for us. You don’t even need to get us take out. I could attempt to cook something for us. Of course I’ll pay you back. So please, will you? Before Kyuhyun starts going crazy from lack of food.” I rolled my eyes but chuckled at the dumb and dumber brothers.

 

 

“Sure, no problem. I was just about to go grocery shopping anyway. Just text me your address and I’ll get there as soon as I can.”

 

 

“Thank you so much Sungmin! Did you hear that Kyuhyun? Your hunger problems are solved!” I could hear Kyuhyun cheering in the background and I just had to chuckle again. “Oh, was there something you needed as well Sungmin?”

 

 

“Yeah, but I guess I’ll just tell you when I get to your place.”

 

 

“Okay then. Thanks again!” And with that, we both hung up. Immediately, I received a text from Yesung, seeing that it was his address. I guess this will be the first time I’ll get to see where Kyuhyun lives. N-not that I really wanted to know where he actually lived. I placed my phone back into my pocket before walking towards the bus stop and hopping into the bus that was already there.

 

 

I sat silently in my seat as I stared out the window. I should really save up enough money to buy a car so I don’t have to keep taking the bus. I feel like I’m still in high school since I’m always taking the bus.

 

 

It only took a matter of minutes until I saw the grocery store. Once the bus stopped, I made my way out and entered the grocery store. What should I get for the dumb and dumber brothers? I should get them a lot of healthy things I guess. They should be able to eat well and stop eating take-out food. Oh, but do they even like vegetables? Oh well, too bad. They get what they get. If they have a problem with it, then they don’t have to eat. I’ll make them suffer. Oh gosh, when did I become so evil?

 

 

I grabbed a basket and grabbed as many vegetables as I can carry. Some were for me, but most of them were for dumb and dumber. I guess I can be a little nice to them and give some meat, but just a little. I hope Yesung knows how to cook. I remember Kyuhyun not being able to cook well and I ended up cooking, so I hope I’m not the one cooking for them. You can forget about that! I’m hanging with Eunhyuk and Ryeowook tonight!

 

 

Speaking of them, I should buy some sweets for us to eat later! Ryeowook likes to eat cake and Eunhyuk likes strawberries. I guess I should just get a strawberry cake. Maybe some ice cream too.

 

 

I searched the aisles for strawberry cake and strawberry ice cream until I finally found them. When I was finally done shopping, I made my way to the cashier and got everything paid. The cashier put all of my items into plastic bags and happily gave them to me. I thanked her kindly before bowing to her and leaving the grocery store and waited at the bus stop for the bus to come. I sighed as I waited patiently.

 

 

Suddenly I heard footstep from nearby and looked towards my left to see a man all dressed up in black with a tie. Geez, isn’t this guy burning up from wearing that? I took a closer look at the man’s face but quickly turned away from him once he stood next to me. My eyes became wider and my heart was beating so fast that it was ready to burst. I couldn’t believe who it was.

 

 

It was Kyuhyun’s father.

 

 

Kyuhyun’s father is here.

 

 

Kyuhyun’s father is standing right next to me!

 

 

What do I do!? What is he even doing here in a place like this!? Where did he come from!? Maybe he’s waiting for his ride to get here? But this was so unexpected! I would’ve never thought I’d ever see Kyuhyun’s father again! Especially all by myself! I put my hand over my heart and felt that it was still racing. Why do I feel scared all of a sudden? Am I really that afraid of him? No, of course not! How could I ever be afraid of this guy!? After all, I did stand up to him before. He didn’t seem so scary before. In fact, this guy makes me more angry than scared. I hate him!

 

 

So why do I feel this way all of a sudden? Does he even remember me? Did he even remember my name? Probably not. I wouldn’t expect Kyuhyun to tell him my name if he didn’t even want me ever speaking with him. Plus he didn’t even notice me standing here anyway. I turned my head a little and took a glance at him, but quickly looked away again.

 

 

Oh my gosh, he’s looking right at me! Why is he looking at me like that!? What does he want!? Does that mean he knows who I am still? He remembers me? But I don’t want to speak up. I feel like something bad will happen if say anything. But the way he’s staring at me is kind of annoying. If he has something to say to me, why doesn’t he just say it instead of staring at me like a creeper? Is he really just going to continue burning holes into my face? Arrgh, that’s it!

 

 

“Can I help you?” I asked as politely as I could. He didn’t say anything and continued to stare at me. What is with this guy!? He seemed like such a scary guy at first but now he just angers me even more! Suddenly, I saw him smirk before looking away and just stared straight.

 

 

“Lee Sungmin,” he spoke out clearly, making my heart race again. So he does know me. “I remember you. I’m afraid we got off on a rough start the first time we met. Let me introduce myself properly. I’m Mr. Kim, CEO of Kim Properties.” He turned towards me again and stuck his hand out to shake hands. I just stared at him. I didn’t want to shake hands with this man! He pisses me off!

 

 

“Not to be rude, sir, but I never would’ve thought that you’d remember me, nor would want to shake hands with a pathetic commoner,” I spat out but still tried to sound polite. He just continued to smirk as he dropped his hand and turned around again.

 

 

“What are you doing here, in a place like this?” he asked.

 

 

“If you couldn’t tell by the grocery bags in my hands, I went shopping for myself. And shouldn’t I be asking you the same question? What’s a rich CEO like you doing in a commoner’s neighborhood?”

 

 

“That’s confidential, my dear Sungmin.” This guy makes me sick. Why can’t he just leave me alone already? What does he want from me? “Are you still hanging around with Kyuhyun?”

 

 

“What if I am? What are you going to do about it?” The angrier this guy makes me, the more my attitude starts to show, and I really should do something about it. I saw his smirk grow wider as he turned towards me again but start walking closer. I didn’t want to back up because that would only show how weak I am. I’m not weak. I can handle anything; even Kyuhyun’s father…I think.

 

 

“Do you really want to know what I’d do?” he asked quietly. My heart started racing again. I’m not getting scared now, am I? He lifted up his hand and placed it on my shoulder. I started shaking a little but I tried to calm myself down and relax. “Something bad will happen. Whether it’ll be towards you or Kyuhyun, something will happen. And you’ll regret it.” I swallowed the lump in throat and looked at him angrily.

 

 

“Get away from me. You know you don’t scare me,” I spat out. I didn’t care if I was being impolite now. I just really want this guy to get away from me. He just chuckled before removing his hand off of my shoulder.

 

 

“Oh really? That’s very brave of you Sungmin. I bet you got a lot of potential and strength in you.” I hated that way he was staring at me. It only built up my anger even more. “What’s wrong Sungmin? Are you mad? Do you hate me?”

 

 

“You’re damn right I do!” I yelled.

 

 

“You should share some of that hate on Kyuhyun then,” he said once a black car appeared in front of him, which must have been his ride.

 

 

“What are you talking about?” I asked as he opened the door.

 

 

“Kyuhyun will do things that’ll make you even angrier, I’m sure of it. So you might as well start hating him as well. Just a little advice for you.” He got into the car before closing the door in front of me and rolling down his window.

 

 

“Like I would ever take that stupid advice from you!” I yelled, and he just continued to smirk.

 

 

“I’d like to have another chance to talk with you again soon since our time together was too short. Maybe we’ll meet up again coincidentally. And don’t worry; I won’t tell Kyuhyun about our little meet up. Until then, I bid farewell.” He rolled up his window before the car started driving away until I couldn’t see it again. I cursed under my breath until the bus finally showed up and climbed onto it; taking my seat and opening the text Yesung sent me earlier for his address.

 

 

I still couldn’t believe that I met Kyuhyun’s father unexpectedly like this. I even yelled at him in public and he just smirked at everything I said. I can’t believe he tried to threaten me to never see Kyuhyun again. Who does he think he is? And what was he talking about when he said to hate him? I know I don’t like him very much, but I can’t actually hate him. I know I did before the first few days when I met him, but when he started to open up to me more, he wasn’t such a bad guy like I thought he’d be. After all, he’s just kid; someone who’s younger than me and misunderstood.

 

 

He’s very annoying and gets on my nerves a little. But that’s no reason for me to hate him. It’s not like I want him to disappear forever. He’s already done so much for me that I can’t even thank him properly. He’s not a bad guy, right? Of course not! I don’t care what his father says. He may annoy me, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t want him around sometimes. I’m not going to hate him. I can’t hate him. I could never hate him.

 

 

Because you love him.

 

 

Gah! You again!? How many times do I have to tell you!? I don’t love that annoying brat! I could never love him!

 

 

If you can’t hate him, then you must love him.

 

 

That doesn’t automatically mean that I’m in love with him!

 

 

Then you at least like him.

 

 

Not even close! He’s just a friend to me! A very annoying friend who likes to get on my nerves but still cares for me like I’m someone important.

 

 

Dude, if that’s not love, I don’t know what is.

 

 

That’s it. I need a heart transplant. I need a whole new different heart that isn’t insane.

 

 

You’re so mean to me. ;A;

 

 

I really need to pay attention to other things than body parts that I can apparently talk to. After a long ride in the bus, I spotted Kyuhyun and Yesung’s apartment. Once the bus stopped, I quickly got off and made my way up the stairs until I was right in front of their door. I rang the doorbell and the door instantly opened as I was greeted by a happy Kyuhyun.

 

 

“FOOD!” he exclaimed and I just rolled my eyes at him.

 

 

“Well, gee, it’s great to see you too, Kyu,” I sarcastically said as I bumped him out of the way as I stepped inside to place the groceries on their table.

 

 

“You know I’m happy to see you too, Minnie,” he said quietly as he crept up behind me and rested his chin on my shoulder with a dorky smile on his face. I felt my heart beating faster and my face getting warmer.

 

 

“Oh Sungmin, you’re here!” Yesung cheered as he walked into the room. “Kyuhyun go away. You look like a creeper.” Kyuhyun looked stupidly at him as he backed away.

 

 

“Says the one who touches other peoples’ philtrums,” I heard him mumble as Yesung walked up to me.

 

 

“Thanks again for doing this,” he thanked me.

 

 

“Oh, it was no trouble at all.”

 

 

“But there’s one more thing I need to ask you.”

 

 

“…I’m not cooking for you…”

 

 

“Please Sungmin? I said I would attempt but the last time I attempted to cook something, I almost gave Kyuhyun food poisoning. Would you please cook? Just this once?” Yesung got on his knees and put his hands together in the air and begged. I sighed and rolled my eyes as I made my way into the kitchen.

 

 

“Fine. But just this once.” I searched around their cupboards for pots and pans, put on an apron (which I don’t know why they have since they don’t cook at all) and began to cook up anything that I could think of. Yesung thanked me a thousand times. “Oh, but hyung, there’s something I need to ask you. It’s about Ryeowook.”

 

 

“Hm? What about him?”

 

 

“Did something happen between the two of you? Because he’s not talking much nowadays and whenever I mention you, he just walks away.” I looked towards Yesung and saw disbelief on his face.

 

 

“Really? I haven’t seen him since that last time I invited him over to SM since I’ve been busy lately, and he seemed so happy after we parted. Although I did text him a couple days ago to see how he was doing, but he never replied. I don’t remember ever fighting with him. Is it really because of me?” He suddenly looked so worried and I could easily tell that he was wondering what was wrong with Ryeowook too.

 

 

“I’m not sure. I’m sleeping over at Eunhyuk’s place tonight with Ryeowook and we were going to ask him what was wrong with him. I’ll tell you once I finally find out though.” Yesung only nodded his head as he walked out of the kitchen, leaving me to cooking. I wonder if he knows how obvious he is. Just looking at his facial expression says that he loves Ryeowook. Or maybe he doesn’t even realize that he’s in love with him. Is Ryeowook still in love with Yesung? I just have to know. It’s not any of my business to know stuff like this but it’s bothering me so much that I just can’t stand it.

 

 

“Is there anything that I can help with?” Kyuhyun asked as he walked in.

 

 

“Oh no. You stay away from me while I’m cooking.”

 

 

“Why?”

 

 

“Who knows what you could ruin by just touching something!?” Kyuhyun pouted as he sat on top of the counter.

 

 

“Then can I just watch you cook?”

 

 

“Why?”

 

 

“I want to learn how.”

 

 

“Fine. Just don’t touch anything.” I continued to cook as Kyuhyun just watched me from afar. Although, I couldn’t help but blush since he’s just staring at me the entire time.

 

 

“You look so cute in an apron,” he blurted out with a smile on his face and I just blushed even more.

 

 

“Y-yeah, yeah,” I mumbled as I ignored him. After an hour or so I finished cooking what may have been the best thing I’ve ever made in years, and the dumb and dumber brothers were so happy to see food on their table. I was about to leave to go to Eunhyuk’s apartment, but the both of them just pulled me back down and insisted that I ate with them, and so I did; only to taste what I created, and it was delicious! Despite the fact that it had more vegetables than meat, I’m so proud of myself.

 

 

After a couple hours staying at their apartment, I really had to get going since it was already getting dark. Once I gathered my belongings, I was about to walk out the door until Yesung grabbed my arm and looked at me.

 

 

“Make sure to tell me if Ryeowook’s okay, okay?” I smiled gently at him. How can he not see how much he cares about him?

 

 

“I will.” I waved goodbye to him as I started walking away from their apartment.

 

 

“Sungmin!” I turned around and saw Kyuhyun running after me.

 

 

“Kyuhyun!? Why are you following me!?”

 

 

“You shouldn’t go by yourself. What if you get kidnap by erts or something?”

 

 

“Ha. Very funny. I can take care of myself though. Plus, I’m just going to Eunhyuk’s apartment. I’ll be fine.” I turned around and was about to leave when he suddenly grabbed on my arm, not letting me go. “Let me go Kyu!”

 

 

“Not unless I go with you,” he stated, and I knew he was serious. Well, now that he mentioned it, there really have been some weird people out recently, but what is he going to do if one shows up? It’d be more like I’d be protecting him instead.

 

 

 But I knew he wasn’t going to take no for an answer, since he’s very stubborn, so I sighed in defeat and nodded my head as the both of us walked towards the bus stop and climbed onto the bus, taking a seat next to each other, and the bus began to move. I stared out of the window as Kyuhyun sat down quietly next to me.

 

 

“You really didn’t have to come, you know…” I mumbled as I continued to stare out of the window.

 

 

“I’m just here to protect you,” he stated without hesitating, and my heart began racing again.

 

 

“I-I can protect m-myself…” I stuttered.

 

 

“You can’t do everything by yourself. You may be amazing, but you’re not that amazing. You need to be able to rely on people more. You’re not alone, you know.” I knew Kyuhyun was staring at me, but I didn’t want to look at him since my heart wouldn’t stop racing and I couldn’t cool down. The both of us stayed silent as we continued to ride the bus.

 

 

Suddenly, I began thinking about my accidental meet up with Kyuhyun’s father. I can’t tell him that I met him earlier. Who knows what he would do? I’ll just keep it a secret…for now. I don’t want to worry him or anything.

 

 

“Sungmin, do you hate me?” Kyuhyun suddenly asked me.

 

 

“W-why you are asking me this?” I stuttered again.

 

 

“I was just wondering since you always seem like you do-”

 

 

“That’s not true! I don’t hate you! Yeah, you annoy me a lot, but I could never hate you! Because I-!” I covered my mouth before I could say anything more. In fact, what was I about to say anything? I can’t remember what I was trying to say. But whatever it was, I’m glad I didn’t say it. I felt like having a heart attack now and I’m sure you could cook anything on my face since it was so hot. I dangerously looked towards Kyuhyun, who just looked forward with a smile on his face.

 

 

“Good enough for me,” he said quietly.

 

 

I’m an idiot for blurting that out.

 

 

What’s wrong with me? 


A/N: I'm mad at myself that I could post this on Kyumin Day ;AAAAAAAAAA; But it's okay. People sobbed over having bad luck on Friday the 13th while I rejoiced and enjoyed Kyumin Day *w* Plus, to me, everyday is Kyumin Day 8D Thus, I give you le Kyumin chapter~ Kyuhyun's father just popped out of nowhere like a freakin ninja .________. And Sungmin continues to argue with his heart. <3 So guess what? YEWOOK NEXT CHAPTER. WHOOOOOOO PARTAYYYYYY Actually, Yewook will come back for the next two chapters :3 And once these next two chapters are done, you'll be having all kinds of emotions like this: 

image

To this:

image

To this: 

image

And finally to this:

image

Just warning you now xD Please wait until then to let you emotions run wild. Now if you excuse me, I'm goin to continue watching Super Junior's SNL for the tenth time as I wait for eng sub to come out. I knew some of what they're saying, but who knew something I totally wouldn't understand would be so funny? 8D The first thing I had to say about it when I first watched was: DAMN. THIS SHOW IS SO ERTED. Then I watched again and again like it was a drug xD I never would've thought watching something so badly rated would bring joy to my life. By the way I'm wating for Super Junior tapes to finally come out. Anybody here watch SNL yet? If so, what was your reaction? :) Please comment and subscribe!!! <3333333333333333333333

OH! By the way, please read the Kyumin oneshot I wrote and actually posted on Kyumin Day :) 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/233243/our-special-day-fluff-kyuhyun-kyumin-oneshot-sungmin