Chapter 4: Fact Numbers One, Two, and Three

I'm Not Cute!

Sungmin's POV

"What?!" I looked at Kyuhyun like he was crazy. Why does he need to know stuff about me?!

 

 

"You heard me. I wanna know more about you."

 

 

"Why?"

 

 

"You're interesting to me. The only things I know about you right now are that your name is Lee Sungmin and that you're incredibly cute."

 

 

"I told you to stop!" He just smiled at me. This guy...is so annoying. "Will you really stop calling me cute if I tell you a couple things?" I sighed. 

 

 

"I'll stop calling you cute until you tell me everything about you." I'm seriously going to hurt this guy. 

 

 

"...promise?"

 

 

"Promise." I sighed once more. 

 

 

"Fine. What do you want to know?" 

 

 

"How old are you?"

 

 

"Twenty."

 

 

"Really? You stayed that cute for so long?" Aish, this guy!

 

 

"Will you hurry up?!"

 

 

"Aha, okay, okay. Where are you from?" 

 

 

"I was born here in Seoul, just in a different part."

 

 

"So, you don't live with your parents?" I paused for a moment. I never talk about my parents with anyone. Not even Ryeowook. 

 

 

"N-no."

 

 

"Where are they?"

 

 

"Its none of your buisness."

 

 

"But I said I wanted to know-"

 

 

"I said its none of your buisness!" I yelled, and he shut his mouth instantly. I really didn't mean to shout at him. I just don't feel comfortable talking about my family when its practically falling apart. RIght before he could say anything else, the bells on the door jingled.

"Excuse me." I got up from the booth and walked over to the counter to serve them. One customer after another, more started to come in. I looked to see if Kyuhyun was still there, but he had already left for school. I felt kinda bad that I yelled at him like tha-

 

 

What are you saying Sungmin?! Don't give in to him just like that! You're better than that! Just focus on work for the rest of the day. 

 


 

It was an extremely busy day today. I was so glad that Eunhyuk was here to help me. He learned pretty fast on how things work around her. Which reminds me, I wonder what Mr. Lee wanted to talk to him about. 

 

 

"Hey, Eunhyuk!" I called, and he immediately walked over to the counter towards me. 

 

 

"Yeah?"

 

 

"What did Mr. Lee want to talk to you about this morning?"

 

 

"Oh, he said that his son is gonna be coming in sometimes, so he told me to get acquainted with him."

 

 

"Mr. Lee has a son?" Well, this is new. 

 

 

"Appearently. I wasn't quite paying attention though, so I don't remember his name. I'll remember soon enough." Mr. Lee never said anything about him having a son. I wonder if Ryeowook knew about it. After a couple more hours of working. I looked at the clock. Only one more hour to go before my shift is over. Wait, isn't this the time when Kyuhyun gets off of school? Is he not coming today? Aish, why am I wondering about him now?! I'm glad that he's not here. Its much calmer here, since there's no one to annoy me. I hope he doesn't come in anymore. Oh, is he not coming in because he thinks I'm mad at him? Because I yelled at him? Wait, that's a good thing, right? Aish, why am I thinking about it?! Just finish work and you'll be done for the day. 

 

 

"To my actual surpirse, Kyuhyun really didn't come by the time I was done with my shift. I changed out of my uniform and put on my normal clothes before I heard Ryeowook come in. 

 

 

"Hyung!" he greeted me like he always did while giving me a hug. At the same time, Eunhyuk came in. "Hyukkie!" he squealed as he hugged him as well, and I couldn't help but chuckled at him. "So are you guys friends now?"

 

 

"Of course we are, right Sungmin hyung?"

 

 

"Yeah. Good friends." Ryeowook's smile went from ear to ear. Seems like that's exactly what he wanted to hear. "Well, I gotta go now. I'll see you guys tomorrow."

 

 

"See ya, Sungmin hyung."

 

 

"Bye hyung! Text you later!" And with that, I was out of the cafe with a somple smile on my face. I made a new friend, saw Ryeowook, and no Kyuhyun for the rest of the day. Nothing can go wrong now, right? 

 

 

Me and my stupid mouth. 

 

 

Once I reached my house, I reached into my pocket to take out my keys, but they weren't in there. I checked my other pocket, and it was also empty. Did I leave it at the café? I didn't even have my phone with me. How was I suppose to call Ryeowook? At that moment, some large gusts of wind blew straight through me. I was too cold to move. I couldn't walk all the way back in this condition where I could barely move. I was just going to have to wait. Ryeowook would eventually realize that my keys and phone are still there, so he'd come and bring it to me in no time, right? I sat on the steps on my porch and wrapped my arms around myself, trying to keep warm as I waited. 

 

 

to be me.

 

 

I waited for hours. I didn't even know what time was. Maybe sometime around six? The sun had already gone down and Ryeowook still hasn't come yet. I'm so cold right now. This could not get any worse. 

 

 

"Sungmin?" That voice. Again, me and my stupid mouth. I turned my head slightly to see Kyuhyun with a latte in his hand, which was covered with a warm glove. Well, lucky you. 

 

 

"What do you want?"

 

 

"I thought I'd drop by and come see you."

 

 

"And who said I'd let you in?"

 

 

"Looks like I won't be getting in anyway. What are you doing out here? Its too cold for to be out here. Especially when you're wearing something like that. You're gonna get sick." Why is this guy so worried about me?

 

 

"I left my keys and my phone at the café so I'm waiting for my friend to give it to me."

 

 

"Do you want me to go get it for you?"

 

 

"No! Don't do anything for me." I should make him go get it for me so I can get out of this cold weather, but then that'll show that I'm weak. I'm a man, and I have my pride. As I continued to warm myself up, Kyuhyun sat down next to me. This guy will never leave me alone!

 

 

"You know, you didn't finish what you started this morning."

 

 

"Finish what?"

 

 

"I asked you about your parents."

 

 

"I said its none of your buisness. You don't need to know."

 

 

"But I said I wanted to know everything about you, and that includes your parents."

 

 

"Well maybe I don't want to talk about them." I felt my temper rising. 

 

 

"Is it because you're on bad speaking terms?"

 

 

"No."

 

 

"Do you hate them?"

 

 

"No."

 

 

"Then why can't you tell me about them if nothing's wrong with them?" How is he so calm?

 

 

"I don't want to talk about my parents with you around! Stop asking me!"

 

 

"I'm only asking because I'm curious and it feels like you're hiding something."

 

 

"Fine! You wanna know about my parents? My father is dead! He died when I was just a child trying to protect me and my mother from robbers, My mother is living alone right now and she's sick. She's been sick for two months straight. I left home so she wouldn't have to work twice as hard just for me so can at least get a little better. But she hasn't. She's getting worse and there's barely anything I can do about it. Do you understand now? My family is practically still being torn apart. Are you happy now?! Are you gonna quit asking?!" I yelled. By then, tears were rolling down my face. It was the first time in years since anybody has seen me cry. I hate crying. It makes me feel weak, but I couldn't help it. I was just so mad that I just started to tear up. Kyuhyun just stared at me, not saying a word. I turned my face from him and looked forward. I didn't want to look at him. 

 

 

It was silent for a moment. Neither of us spoke. I couldn't stop my tears from falling. 

 

 

"You're lucky," he finally spoke, and I finally looked at him. He was also staring straight into nothing.

 

 

"What?"

 

 

"I said you're lucky. My mother had already passed away. And before she died, or even met my father, he was already married to someone else. I have a half brother because of him. He didn't care about my mother specifically. Just women and money. I guess you can say that I was an accident. I was never suppose to born, but I was. My biological mother was sick and my father didn't care, so she died when I was ten. My father and my other mother never cared about me, so my brother took care of me my whole life. What's odd is that I can't tell my other mother that my father and my real mother had an 'affair'. To her, I was adopted. That was all in the past though. My brother and I refuse to live with our parents, so we live together by ourselves. We're the only family we got, since ours don't love us at all. You're lucky though. You had a father who loved you and a mother who still cares about you. You're very lucky to have them in your life." He looked at me and smiled, and it made me want to cry even more. 

 

 

He lifted his hand and wiped the tears on my cheeks and my eyes away. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have made you tell me all of that. I didn't know you were uncomfortable about it." No, I should've been the one the apologize. I snapped at him and felt like I was the most miserable person in the world when he's just as miserable as I am. I hung my head down and brought my knees up to my chest. 

 

 

"I'm sorry..." I whispered as my cheeks got a little pink. I heard him chuckle as he held his latte in front of me.

 

 

"Do you want it? I haven't touched it yet and its still warm." I stared at it for a moment until I finally took it out of his hand. I was freezing and I needed to be warm.

 

 

"Thanks..." As I was drinking the warm drink, he took off one of his gloves and handed it to me, and I quickly slipped it on my left hand. At least one of my hands will be warm. Just then, he grabbed my other free hand. 

 

 

"Y-yah! What do you think you're doing?"

 

 

"You're only wearing one glove. I'm just warming up you're other hand." I pouted and blushed a little. Although I didn't want this guy holding my hand, I didn't argue. I was too cold to do so, so I just let him hold it, and I heard him chuckle again. "You're too cute." Aish, this guy...

 

 

"My favorite color is pink."

 

 

"What?"

 

 

"You said you'd stop calling me cute if I told you everything about me right? My favorite color is pink and my favorite animal is a bunny." Judging by the look on his face, I'm guessing that he's rally happy that I'm telling him stuff about myself or he's thinking that I'm cute. Most likely both. 

 

 

Geez, that smile.

 

 

I hate it. 

 

 

But its not as annoying as it was before. 


A/N: Very long chapter is very long~ Sorry for the long wait. I've been really busy lately (like what every other author says >.<) But its Christmas time! And I wanted to give you guys this chapter as your present as a thanks for subscribing and commenting ^^ No, I haven't forgotten about Yewook and Eunhae. Their turn is coming too~ Merry Christmas everyone! Please comment and subscribe! So I know its not getting boring >.< <3333333