Chapter 3: Look! A Monkey!

I'm Not Cute!

Kyuhyun's POV

I the heater once I got out of the shower and changed my clothes. I let my towel sit on my head as I walked into my room and sat on my chair while turning on my computer. I've done all of my homework at school today anyway, so now I get to play Starcraft. Its good to be smart.

 

 

"Kyuhyun-ah!" I heard my name being called from the living room as I also heard the front door being opened, meaning that my half brother, Yesung, was home. 

 

 

"Yeah?" I shouted as I began to play. 

 

 

"Are you doing homework?"

 

 

"...sure." Just then, Yesung came into my room, removing his hat. 

 

 

"Aish, still playing huh?"

 

 

"Duh. All of my homework is done anyway." As always, he shaked his head but chuckled anyway before going into his own room to change. Suddenly, I had an idea. "Actually, can you come in here for a sec?"

 

 

"Can you at least say hyung?" he asked as he came back in. 

 

 

"I don't know the meaning of the word, therefore, I will not use it," I smirked as I took out a piece of paper from my bookbag. I also took out a pencil and began to write a complicated math equation. "Help me solve this." He took the paper as he came closer to my desk. He had his glasses on, but he still squinted at the problem, obviously not getting it. He was never good at math after all. 

 

 

"Um...well...first you...uh..." I find it funny to see him struggle with what I think is a simple problem. I'm a genius, after all. "Sorry, I can't help you with this." 

 

 

"No problem. All you have to do is..." I took my paper back and grabbed a pencil before I began working on it. A minute was all it took. I smirked when he stared at me, dumbfounded. 

 

 

"Yah, you know I'm not good at math...!"

 

 

"I know. That's why I tried to make you solve it." He punched me playfully but still chuckled, as well as I. 

 

 

"Come into the living room. I got you food." I grunted a little, because I had to stop my game of Starcraft, but I got up from my chair and followed Yesung into the living room, where I found some take out food on the coffee table. I sat on the couch and began to eat as he sat next to me and the TV. I noticed that he had a cup of mocha in one hand and some type of pastry in the other. 

 

 

"Where did you get that?" I asked with my mouth full. 

 

 

"At the mini cafe a few blocks away. I bought it on the way over from SM," he answered. I nodded my head and continued to eat. The mini café. I walked in there accidentally when I got out from school. Is it weird to say that even though I'm 18 and a senior in high school, I still get bullied? Yeah, probably. I was running away from school where I was getting chased, and when I finally lost them, I ended up at the café. I only went inside to hide a little just in case I was still being followed. I didn't expect to meet a guy like Sungmin. I couldn't help but just stare at him. He was so...cute. 

 

 

"Is it weird or insulting to call a guy cute?" I suddenly asked. Yesung looked at me before speaking. 

 

 

"Um, I don't think so. Some guys like to be called cute, but they can also be shy about it so they deny it. Why are you asking me this?" 

 

 

"Just curious." He looked at me weirdly again before nodding and turning his attention towards the TV once more. 

 

 

"You sure? Did something happen?"

 

 

"Not really. Just met this new person today."

 

 

"Really? What are they like?"

 

 

"...cute and interesting." 

 

 

Sungmin's POV

I grunted once I heard the sound of my alarm clock going off. I stuck my hand out from the covers and literally slammed the clock off. As I took my head out from the covers, I sat up and stretched my arms out while giving out a big yawn. I got out of bed and went to go brush my teeth before stepping out into the hall and making my way towards the kitchen. I made some coffee for myself and toasted out a bagel before sitting down, eating in silence. Sigh. Another boring day at work. 

 

 

Once I was finished and put everything away, I went back inside my room to change into my uniform, while putting on the thin coat and old pink scarf. Once I had everything ready, I looked at the time. 7:45am. It doesn't take me that long to walk to work, so I have a lot of time to kill, but might as well just get there early. I looked at Ryeowook, still sound asleep, before heading out the front door. When I took my first step outside, I stood in place in amazement. It was snowing.

 

 

Again, I don't hate the snow. I love it. But not when I'm only wearing such a thin coat and old scarf. I wrapped my arms around my chest and started heading towards the café, shivering. I could see my breath clearly when I walked. I wish I had warmer clothes to wear. 

 

 

Five minutes later, I finally reached the café. The door was already unlocked but the Closed sign was still there. The owner, or my boss, Mr. Lee, must've gotten here early. The bells jingled as I opened the door and stepped inside. 

 

 

"Oh Sungmin! You're here!" Mr. Lee greeted as he came from the back, and I smiled politely. 

 

 

"Hello," I greeted back as I bowed. 

 

 

"Ah, listen. Did Ryeowook tell you that he got someone to work here? He's suppose to be here by now."

 

 

"Yeah, he told me last night, but I don't know what he looks like, so-" Just then, we heard the bells jingle, meaning someone had come in. I turned around to see a guy striding towards us. 

 

 

"Hello, my name is Lee Hyukjae, but you may call me Eunhyuk," he said while smiling a gummy grin. 

 

 

"So you're the one Ryeowook has been telling me about. Welcome aboard. I have your uniform in the back, so you can go ahead and grab them. Sungmin-ah, show him the basics for now. He doesn't start for another two hours, but I had him come early to get to know the place."

 

 

"Okay." Once he left, I turned to the new guy and stook my hand out. 

 

 

"Nice to meet you. I'm Sungmin."

 

 

He shook my hand cheerfully. "It's good to finally meet you! Ryeowook has told me a lot about you." Suddenly, I heard the bells on the door jingle again. I looked behind our new worker and saw the one guy I didn't want to see. Kyuhyun. 

 

 

"Yah! What are you doing here?" I asked as he walked in slowly. 

 

 

"Are you guys open right now?"

 

 

"We just opened."

 

 

"Then I'm here as a customer."

 

 

"Don't you have to be at school or something?" He smiled and walked closer to me. 

 

 

"Nope. Not for another hour. I'm having my free period early, so I get to spend a whole hour here with you."

 

 

"Well, I don't want you here."

 

 

"I'll take a regular latte please. Extra whipped cream." I pouted before I went to the back to put my coat away and came back out to make his latte, putting extra whipped cream, just like he asked. When I set his drink on the counter, his money was already out. We exchanged items before I put the money in the cash register and he went to go sit down at the booth he sat at before. 

 

 

"Is he a friend of yours?" Eunhyuk asked. 

 

 

"As if. He's just some high school kid."

 

 

"He's in high school? I thought he was much older than that compared to you."

 

 

"What's that suppose to mean?" 

 

 

"Uh, nothing. So, what should you show me first?"

 

 

"Well its not really busy here in the morning. Even though we open at this time, a lot more people come a little later." 

 

 

"Eunhyuk, can you come in here for a second?" Mr. Lee asked from the back. Eunhyuk nodded his head and walked over to him, leaving me by myself. I looked at Kyuhyun, who was staring back at me. 

 

 

"What?"

 

 

"You're so cute."

 

 

What the heck?!

 

 

"Yah! Didn't I tell you to stop calling me that?!"

 

 

"I'll maybe stop calling you cute. On one condition."

 

 

"And what's that?" He suddenly smiled innocently and pointed to the seat scross from him on the opposite side of the table. I'm guessing he wanted me to sit down. I sighed as I made my way over to him and sat down. Once we were face to face, he kept his innocent smile on. I had a feeling that I was not going to like this. 

 

 

"Like I said before, I wanna get to know you. Tell me everything about yourself." 


A/N: I'm sooooo sorry for not updating for such a long time! So much work to be done nowadays >.< But I hope you like the update! Everyone's precious monkey has finally made it into the story ^^ Almost all of the important characters have shown up. Just a lonely fishy is left~ But for now, just focusing on Kyumin <3 Sorry of the story is going by really slow at the moment >.< I promise it'll get better soon! Please comment and subscribe!!! <33333