A twist of fate

Because I like you a lot

 

"Please forgive us for coming unannounced Kum Sun ah. But I really wanted to meet So Eun's parents, so I had insisted on coming here today." Jae Rim's mom bowed to the  couple in front of the kids.

"Jae Rim ah, why don't you speak first son?" She nudged him.

"Ah, de Omma." His respectful tone came out.

"Uh, Uncle and Auntie, I seriously like So Eun ah very much. And she likes me very much as well. However she is terrified of you Uncle because she knows that it is against your will. I am humbly seeking permission to date her and get your blessings." He was swallowing and his dry lips as he was talking, rubbing his palms together nervously.

So Eun's dad couldn't say a word. His anger was clearly visible but because of the presence of Jae Rim's Mom he had to bite his tongue.

Her mom had a big wide smile in contrast to her husband's fuming face. "Oh my, well this is a surprise, Un Cha ah, who would have thought our children would grow up liking each other?" She clasped her hands together in joy.

"Yeobo!" Kim Min Hwa sternly looked at his wife. 

"Oh relax Yeobo, that arranged marriage you had with your friend is not going to happen. You heard what Seo Kang Joon said to his parents. He's already got someone in his life and he wasn't willing to compromise. Shame on you for keeping this from So Eun ah."

So Eun gasped as she placed her hand on , eyes opened wide and her pupils were darting back and forth between her parents as she digested her mom's words.

"Yeobo!" Her dad raised his tone of voice to his wife.

"I think that it was a blessing in disguise that So Eun and Kang Joon's marriage wasn't meant to be. This, this is what was meant to be Yeobo, not your friend's son, but to MY friend's son." She merrily looked at her husband who had a resigned look as he let out a deep sigh.

"Khamsamnida Kum Sun ah, I had to come with my son to show you how sincere his feelings are. He has been so restless and not himself for almost 2 years now. And I know that he cares for her." She bowed to her. "So are we safe to say that they can see each other freely?"

"We have no objections, right Yeobo?" She smirked at him.

"Arraso." So Eun's dad grudgingly agreed.

"Thank you so much Auntie and Uncle, I promise to take good care of So Eun ah." Jae Rim respectfully bowed.

 

A/N thank you dear readers.... I hope you like this update. Special thanks to my wonderful subbies. Please comment ^•^