Seeking mom's help

Because I like you a lot

 

When Jae Rim reached home that night he started to formulate a plan on how to convince So Eun's dad about the sincerity of his feelings towards her. 

His mom noticed how restless he was so she ended asking him if everything was okay.

"Jae Rim ah, I've noticed for the last months that you seem troubled and restless. At first I figured it was just teenage hormones but tonight you really seem agitated about something." She confronted him on his way to the fridge to get himself cold water. "I worry about you, what's going on son?"

He knew that his mom would soon notice so he took a gulp from his glass and let out a sigh.

"Omma, let's sit down," he led her to the sofa in their living room. " I need your advice, there's this girl that I'm dating, I've liked her since freshman year and we started seeing each other, then all of a sudden, last year she changed, she ignored me and I was hurt. That's the reason I was like that last year. Thankfully though we cleared things up so we're back together and she confessed to me the reason she changed." 

"She told me her dad had arranged for her to get married to his friend's son in two years. She could not refuse because he told her he'd have her drop out of school."

"I really like her Omma, what should I do?"

"Arranged marriage you say, oh my there's still such things nowadays." She smirked.

"How serious are you about this girl? Why don't you bring her here so I can meet her, I'll just talk stories with her then we can go from there."

"Are you sure it's okay Omma?" Jae Rim excitedly hugged her.

"I'm sure" She hugged him back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night Jae Rim eagerly called So Eun,

"So Eun ah, my mom says she wants to meet you. Can you come to my house tomorrow?" 

"Who, me? But why?" She suddenly sat up from her bed.

"I told her about us and she wants to help. Please say yes." She could picture him with his pleading eyes begging for her affirmation.

"Okay, I'll ask Shin Ye if I can use her as an excuse to Omma."

"Ok."

 

A/N update done...thank you all for reading!!! Love you all @@