New Friend

Dangerously In Love

You’re about to go home when Yuri walked towards you. She’s your classmate and you were both currently in third grade in high school.

For some reason, it feels kind of awkward to be with her since she’s popular at your school.

She is pretty, smart, and rich. She’s a perfect girl that any man could ever think of.

She looks at you and asked. “Are you going home already?”

You nodded.

“Can I come?”

You gave her a questioning look.

“Please?”

For a brief moment, you felt hesitant but when you saw her with an upset look on her face, you couldn’t say no.

You knew that she had been into a trouble again with her uncle. It’s actually a common knowledge to everyone in the school that her uncle scolds her at sometimes.

Her uncle didn’t like her tagging along with Yeonmi’s group. He said that they are bad influences. Her grades started falling because instead of studying, Yeonmi would tell her to go shopping and fool around instead of attending to class.

“Alright, let’s go to the noodle house.” You’re talking about the small business that your mother is running.

“Thanks, Jaekyung-yah.” She tried to smile.

*-------------------------------------*

“Omma, I’m here!” You declared upon arriving at the noodle house.

It’s a small business that your mother put up from the lump sum that your father gave her upon their separation.

Everything didn’t turn out well while your parents were still together. They just keep on fighting over small things that later on became big. And, so they ended up in a divorce.

Your father works in an entertainment agency but you never got a chance to ask about it any further.

Even though not in good terms, your father still sends you allowance for your studies without your mother’s knowledge.

She didn’t want you to ask anything from him. Their prides were both high that’s why they never get to agree and resort things properly.

As for you, you two never really had a good conversation. You know that he’ll just notice you whenever you did something that was wrong.

*-------------------------------------*

“Who’s with you, Jaekyung-yah?” She took a quick look at both of you then turns to her customer again.

“Ahjussi, here’s your black bean noodles.” She said while placing the food on the table.

“Omma, she’s my classmate and friend Yuri.” You said as you introduce your friend to her.

Your friend bows in courtesy.

“You two both have something to eat. I’ll go get you some.” Your thoughtful mother said while giving you the sign to take a seat.

And she quickly came back with kimchi noodles. It’s your favorite.

“Maa!” Yuri exclaimed.

“But of course! Omma’s noodle is the best in town!” You said with a smile.

Your mother smiled then left both of you to attend to the other customers.

*-------------------------------------*

After eating, you both decided to help your mother in working and cleaning the place.

Few hours have passed and it started to get dark. So you said that she needs to get home now. She agreed and you walked her until a bus arrives.

“Aigoo, my back hurts!” You complained while patting your back.

“Jaekyung-yah?”

“Thanks for being a friend to me.”

“No problem. ”

Then you waved both each other upon the arrival of the bus.