My Mission

Dangerously In Love

“Aigoo, that was close!” You blurted out while panting.

And you swear, your heart almost jumped out when your heard your phone rang.

You took it out from your pocket. Upon recognizing the caller, you grew frustrated.

It was your dear, wicked twin sister calling you.

“Jaekyung-yah!” Her voice felt like thunder when you heard her speak from the other line so you subconsciously covered it.

You put back the phone at your ear. “What do you want this time, Jaehyun?”

“So how was it? Any progress, unnie?” The other line asked excitedly.

She calls you unnie whenever she has something to ask of you. Well, actually you’re three minutes older from her.

“Look, why do I have to do it anyway? Why don’t you go get yourself here and spy him by yourself?”

“You know I can’t do that..” Suddenly you heard her sounded upset again.

And you know why.

*---------------------------------*

You and Jaehyun are identical twins and almost inseparable since childhood. But it all ended when both of your parents got divorced. You were left in your mother’s custody while Jaehyun was left in your father’s.

Your father chose Jaehyun over you because she’s obedient and does things she was told to do. While you, you always opposed to him and always walks out whenever you feel protesting.

While you both were kids, you would always sneak and skipped classes. On the other hand, your twin sister is always the smart girl who loves to study. Though you were identical and nobody could tell who is who, you’re both exact opposite of each other.

She’s quite serious, you love to fool around.

She’s quiet, you’re loud.

She’s timid. You’re straightforward.

She’s modest, you’re clumsy.

She has a good sense of fashion style, while you love to wear clothes that sometimes people mistook you being a tomboy.

And when it comes to boys, you hate flirty, arrogant and conceited guys while those are the qualities that Jaehyun was attracted to.

And the list would just keep going.

Though you cannot understand her, but you love her the most.

*---------------------------------*

“Why don’t you just gave up, and let me free with this stupid thing you went me through?”

“Unnie..”

“Right, right. I know you’re going to say it again.”

You were talking about her words, her dreamy words.

“But unnie I really like him! I think I’m in love with him already!”

“He’s the most handsome guy that any idol group can have!”

“Don’t worry, I promise you to bring those complete compilations of novels you want next time I drop by you and omma’s house.” She said, and you could tell she’s grinning.

She’s bribing you, yes.

She knows that you’re a book worm, but not with any study or knowledge books but romance novels instead.

“And oh, sis! I also got you complete DVD collection of “Baby-Faced Beauty!”

You could see her grinning more as she was talking about the drama which starred Daniel Choi and Jang Nara. A romantic-comedy flick.

She knows that you love collecting korean drama DVDs. And you have tons of it in your room. Some of them were provided by her whenever she has a favor to ask of you.

“Yeah sis, you go keep teasing me, and you had me no choice but to continue this idiot mission.” You said as you rolled your eyes in frustration.

“So, until when this thing going to last?” You asked.

“I don’t know yet, actually.”

“WHAT!?”

“You know, I’m just as crazy as you are. The only difference is that you’re crazy about your romance books and novels while I’m going to make the man of my dreams come true.”

“You’re hopeless!”

“Just the same with you.” You heard her laughed.