Night Rendezvous

Do I exist in your life?

Eun Hye P.O.V

"Eun! Look who's at the door!" omma called out for me when the bell rings.

Agitated and annoyed that the doorbell interrupt my time with the tv, I grudgingly stood up from my spot on the sofa and stomp my way to the door only after I hit oppa's head because he was laughing at me.

Tip-toeing to look through the peephole to see who it was before I open the door, I was only greeted by darkness. It seems like the person covered the peephole on purpose.

Annoying.

I unlocked the door and was about to give the person a scowl for being annoying, I look up and saw the person I miss and wanted to meet the most. 

"ELI! BOGOSHIPDA!" I scream and ran towards Eli to hug him.

Eli hugged me back, patting my head. I look up at this cousin of mine and just scowled at him. He knew I hate being patted on the head like that yet he did it but I just can't stay mad at him for long.

This is all thanks to not meeting him for almost 2 years.

I heard shuffling of feet from the back and let go of Eli to turn around. Mir oppa was standing at the doorway, clearly shocked to see who was here.

"Yah, why didn't you tell us you were coming?! Jerk!" and with that he fist-bumped Eli and hug him like there's no tomorrow.

I just stood there chuckling at their actions before being pulled into the hug, with me getting squashed in the middle thanks to my height.

"Kids, come on. Kyoung Jae is tired and he needs his rest and it's cold. Come in first." omma told us, shaking her head seeing us standing outside the house hugging Eli. She was used to our actions.

Mir helped to wheeled in Eli's luggage while I cling on to Eli himself. We put his stuff up in the guest room,which was his room literally in our house, before sitting down in the living room to chat.

Omma and appa leave us alone talking to Eli since they knew we miss Eli so much and all. They excuse themselves to their room after asking about the family back in U.S and how's life there. Apparently my parents knew Eli was visiting but they kept it a secret from us since Eli told them to. He just wanted t surprise us.

"Yah washington boy, why didn't you tell us you were coming?" I asked Eli, Lying down on the sofa with my head on Eli's lap and my feet on oppa's lap.

"Surprise? Hahah! Nah, I just feel like coming plus I'm on vacation so why not? It was a slightly unplanned trip since I only inform samchon and imo a few days back. Even the ticket was purchased last minute. That's why I reach here at night."

Me and oppa just nod our head and continue with the conversation. The three of us talk and laugh through the night until Eli suggested if we should head downtown to have some fun.

Both me and oppa protested not because our parents won't allow but more to we pity Eli. The flight from Washington to Seoul is no 1-2 hours flight. It's a trans-continental flight that took up almost 15 hours.

"Come on! I'm not tired. I slept the whole way here in the plane and my body is still not fixed yet. It's morning back in Washington so obviously I'm awake now" Eli plead us.

I guess he really miss Seoul's nightlife. I look at oppa and he nod his head in agreement excitedly. I guess the both of us missed it too. It's been soome time since I went out at night.

The three of us went up to change after informing my parents where we were going and all. They didn't really mind and just remind us to be responsible outside.

I put on a simple outfit of oversize sweatshirt and jeggings and a beanie that Seob got me previously before grabbing my bag to stuff my things in.

"Ok kids, don't come home so late and no drunk people in the house arrasseo? And Mir, drive carefully." appa reminded us before we stepped out of the house.

"Neh. And appa, we're not kids anymore!"oppa shouted at appa once we stepped in appa's car.

Appa just chuckled watching us driving off from the house.

Eli's P.O.V

"ASSA! I MISS THIS!" I cheered out loud when we hopped off the car, taking a walk at the buslting streets of Myeongdong at night.

I miss this. I miss the busyness of the streets that come alive at night.

Inhaling the air, I could practically smell the tentalizing smell of ddukbokki and other local delights. Ah, my mouth waters smelling all of these food.

I grabbed Mir and Eun Hye's hand dragging them to a sideroad stall that sells all the snack. Mir and Eun just eyed all the food, obviously hungry just like I am.

The three of us look at each other and give one another a victorious smile knowing that we're onna start our night adventure tonight with food first.

"Ahjumma, 3 servings of ddukbokki and ohmuk please!" Mir ordered for some spicy rice cakes and fishcakes for us to eat.

The ahjumma quickly scoop up some of the said food onto a plate and pass it to us. We took the plate and sat in front of the stall that provided seats for the customers.

I speared a piece of dduk and put it in my mouth. Heaven. I miss this taste. You can never find this kind of taste back in Washington. We ate and talked for awhile before paying and thanking the ahjumma for the food and left the stall.

We walked around the night market, looking at the various items being sold and tried on certain stuff. I tried on a cap before deciding to buy it since I've got a thing for caps.

Eun Hye and Mir too bought some suff for themselves from the stalls since they were selling it for cheap. The three of us teased and joked around with one another while walking. I miss these two cousins of mine so much. If only my sisters Minah and Hannah were here, I bet they will enjoy it too.

"So Eun, how are things with you and Yoseob? Good?" I asked her.

For the past months that we skyped, Eun always talk about Yoseob and all. She told me about them being together, about the things Seob did for her. I knew Yoseob from the time I stayed in Korea. We attended the same school and were friends thanks to Mir and Eun Hye but I can't say I was close to him.

"Yup, we just celebrated our six months yesterday. He gave me these!" She showed me the platinum ring on her finger proudly.

Mir and me about being a lovesick puppy and the both of us got a knock on our heads back. Just as we were about to start walking, someone catches my eye from across the street. Differ from the street we're on, the opposite walkway was not as busy thanks to the clubs that was located there. Guess everybody is inside the bars and clubs that's why.

But then the person from the opposite side look really familiar.

Eh, isn't that Seob? I mean it looks like him. But who is that girl he's holding on to. No, Eun Hye must not see this. She'll be heartbroken. 

But it might just be his friend?

But what kind of guy goes out with a girl friend at 11 plus at night when he have a girlfriend here?

"Hey Eun! Wanna go to that cafe we used to go?" I called out to Eun who was about to turn her head to the scene that will just break her heart into pieces.

"Ah, jincha? Your treat right? ASSA!" she cried out, pulling me along the streets, going to the cafe that I mentioned earlier.

I follow her behind closely, taking one last look behind, making a decision not to tell Eun about this. And it is not up to me to tell or not. It's up to Seob. If Eun is ruin because of this I'll personally come and find him even if I'm far away from Eun. I'll take the first flight here and beat the crap out of him.

Of course after Mir do the honours. He's the older brother. I'll be second in-line.

Yang Yoseob, you better not do anything to Eun Hye. Better not. I foresee your face bruising if you ever do that.

Eun Hye's P.O.V

I followed Eli's view as he was staring at the opposite side of the street. His gaze has been there for a few minutes.

"Hey Eun! Wanna go to that cafe we used to go?"Eli called out to me suddenly after staring at the opposite street for quite some time.

"Ah, jincha? Your treat right? ASSA!" I cried out, attention changed to Eli once he mentioned the word cafe.

I dragged him along the pathway together with oppa to quickly reach the cafe. I didn't even manage to catch a glimpse of the scene that caught Eli's attention at the opposite side.

Oh well, whatever it is, I guess it's just some drunkards or something like that.

 

A/N: NO LONG WAITS THESE TIME ROUND! How's my dear readers doing? Fine? I'm fine but I'm having my exams this week(yet I still procastinate and update this story. Someone kill me now) so I might be on hiatus again. Bet you guys are used to it. Hahah! So this time round the chapter is slightly longer than before. This is to make up for all the short chapters and long hiatus I've gone through. Hope ya'll like the chapter and COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE. SILENT READERS I LOVE YOU GUYS BUT I'LL LOVE YOU MOREIF YOU COMMENT :)