No Stranger

Do I exist in your life?

Eun Hye's P.O.V

I cried in the warm embrace of the stranger in front of me. I was unsure why I did not take a look at who it was instead I straightaway lunged towards him. To my surprise, he embraced me in return. The hug was warm and somehow gave me the assurance that I'll be safe in his arms.

After what seems like an eternity, I looked up to see who my saviour was. I wanted to thank him for not pushing me aside for my rash actions. I wanna thank him for lending me his shoulder to cry on eventhough he didn't know who I am. But what's important is that I want to know why he calls me by my name if he really is a stranger to me.

I removed myself from his shoulder and wriggled my way out of his embrace. I looked up and to my surprise the person who held me was no stranger and will never be a stranger.

Yang YoSeob.

He was he one who hold on to me, embracing me tight, giving me the assurance that I'm safe in his arms.

"Eunnie, gwenchanayo? What happen back there?" Yoseob ask me, his eyes full of worries.

Looking straight into his eyes, I felt guilty for causing this much trouble. I quickly shifted my gaze away from hhis eyes, breaking away our eye contact. I didn't want him to know why I cried, why I become so fragile.

I never want to show anyone my weak side, except for my family. I've learnt how to be independent and strong at a young age. I hide away all my feelings in me, bottling it up and not letting a single soul know about it. Only Mir Oppa have seen this side of me and that's because he always knows whenever something is wrong. I don't want to lose his facade now. I never want to lose it.

I tried my best to put on my usual confident smile, wiping away all my tears that stained my cheeks. Only in this way can I try to convince Yoseob that I'm fine and at the same time fooling myself that everything will be okay.

"I'm fine Seob! Haha! Don't worry! Kaja, let's go!" I said brightly, putting on such a wide smile, my voice sounded really happy, until I myself can believe that I am happy.

"Eun Hye..." Yoseob looked up at me who's already standing up.

"Kaja Seob! I feel like having ice-cream!" I pulled his hand to make him stand up.

"BANG EUN HYE! Please don't be like this. Tell me what happen. Jebal.."

His shout shocked me. Yoseob rarely ever get angry and he rarely ever shout at someone. I was taken aback that he actually call out my full name out loud. I looked down on the floor to avoid his gaze, eyes getting watery as the seconds goes by. I tried my best to not let a single tear fall down, not wanting to show my weak side again. It was the hardest thing to do when I myself know that everything is not fine.

Yoseob suddenly pulled my hand, causing me to fall and sit down on his lap. He lifted my chin up, forcing me to look straight into his eyes. Tears started to flow down my cheeks, unknowingly. Yoseob lifted his hands up to my cheeks, and wiped away the tears with his thumb.

My tough facade crumbled away once Yoseob gave me a hug once again. He embraced me tightly, not letting me go, and in return I clutch on to his shirt, laying my head on his shoulders, crying again. My heart hurts, it hurts a lot. I don't know how to put it to words.

"Now, Eunnie, tell me what happen. I'll stay here, listening to every single word yoou're saying. I promise. " Yoseob told me while patting my back like how an older brother would take care of his little sister.

Looking straight at his face, I see his eyes full of sincerity. I cocked my head to the side, not knowing how to say everything out in words.

"I was hurt. Hurt deeply Seob. I don't know how to explain it. I'm a pabo Seob, I'm such a pabo thinking that I might have a chance.." those words tumble out of my mouth, not knowing what else to say.

"It's Junhyung right? You like him. He was the reason why you ran away rom the party. Don't lie to me. I know you better than you know yourself Eun Hye. Just tell me the truth. I will listen to every single word. Jebal, let it out Eunnie.." Yoseob's words surprised me.

He makes me speechless when he admitted that he knows I like Junhyung. I wonder how he knows about this. I've never make it obvious. Well, I think I've never make it obvious. I wanted to ask how he knows about it but then something stops me. I have no idea why but the tone of Yoseob's voice makes me stop explaining anything. He sounded down for no reason, and I felt that I would be burdensome if I were to tell him

I kept mum, not saying a single word for several minutes. It was just silence between us with him looking at me, coaxing with his eyes to tell me the truth.

I don't know whether I should tell, I'm embarassed. I'm worried, I'm insecure. I don't want to show this to Yoseob. I don't want him to viw me in a different light.

"Eunnie, if you were to keep mum, how am I supposed to know what happen? I promised you I'll stay here, I'll listen  to every word. Trust me, I won't run away whatever it is."

It was like as if he could read my mind. I faced Yoseob and looked at him in the eyes. I started to open my mouth and the words just stumbled out. I told him everything, right from the start. From when did I started to developed this feeling until what happened earlier on.

"I saw them hugging Seob. Hugging. Junhyung was kissing the top of her head. I didn't know that they were together. I'm an idiot..." I started crying once again, remembering what happen earlier on.

"Ssshh, it's alright Eunnie. You're not a pabo. Shh, it's okay, I'm always here for you.." he coaxed me to the end, keeping me safe in his embrace.

I just hugged Yoseob tighter, knowing that I can hold on to his words.

Always staying by my side.

 

Yoseob's P.O.V

"I saw them hugging Seob. Hugging. Junhyung was kissing the top of her head. I didn't know that they were together. I'm an idiot..."Eun Hye ended her sentence, sobbing away.

I hugged her back tightly, her back, trying to soothes her.

"Ssshh, it's alright Eunnie. You're not a pabo. Shh, it's okay, I'm always here for you.." I shushed her, coaxing her to stop crying.

Eun Hye just hugs me tighter, burying her face on my shoulder. I let her be in her current condition, wanting to let her get rid of all the sadness from her.

I understand how it feels to love someone from afar, seeing them loving someone else in return. I know how it feels getting hurt over and over again, not being able to express how much you love that person. How you can talk to them, coax them, cheer them up but you can never confess to them. I wanted to tell her all these but I don't want to complicate the matters anymore. Eun Hye have more than enough to bear right now.

Just for now, I'm satisfied to be next to her, trying to soothe her. To be her listening ear, to lend her a shoulder to cry on and to be a friend who will always be by her side. I'm satisfied with that. As long as I can be next to her, seeing her smile again, I'm fine.

Maybe when the time comes, I'll....

Buzz Buzz

My phone vibrated in my pocket. Eun Hye must have felt it too because she straightaway jumped up from my lap and stood up. I took out my phone and read the text message.

It was from Mir. He must be worried since it have been a few hours since I last texted him about Eun Hye's whereabouts.

"It's Mir. Kaja, I'll send you home alright?"

Eun Hye just nodded her head in agreement, keeping quiet, not being her normal self. I picked up her bag and her shoes. I was about to put on her shoes for her when I noticed that her feet was dirty and there's some cuts here and there. I looked up to her, wondering how those cuts appeared. She don't have to answer me as I could have guessed that she must have ran away barefooted.

I stood up from my kneeling position, asking her to hold on to her shoes, and carried her bridal style.

"Yah! Seob! What are you doing?! People are looking at us!" she yelled, struggling in my grip.

I chuckled a bit, seeing her in this position. Eun Hye is back.

"Your feet are hurt pabo. How am I supposed to let you walk. Tsk.." I replied, teasing her a bit.

She just kept quiet, not knowing what else to say. I carried her to my car and sat her down at the passenger seat next to the driver seat. I took out the small first aid kit at the back of my car and started to clean the wounds on her feet. Once I placed some plasters on the wounds, I put on her seatbelt, and went to the driver's seat.

"Seob, komawo.." Eun Hye suddenly thank me just as I was about to start the engine.

I looked at her, giving her smile, assuring her that it's fine.

"That's what friends are for right? Just remember, I'm always here for you. If you're down, I'm only a call away!" I said, trying to lift her spirits up again.

"Komawo Seob. Jincha komawo. You're the best friend I can ever get. Saranghae, nae chingu." she said, hugging me from the side.

I hugged her back, heart aching by the word chingu.

I guess I'm still her best friend in her eyes. Nothing else. Maybe, it'll take her some time to accept that Junhyung is with Ga In now, but I doubt that during that period I can fill up her heart with my name.

I smiled at her as she looked up at me, not wanting to let her know that I'm disappointed.

The whole drive back to her house, Eun Hye started to be back to her normal chatty loud self. Laughing once in a while when I cracked up lame jokes. I'm glad that I'm able to cheer her up in just a short time. I don't want her to cry again because of any other guy, even if that guy is my own friend.

Eun Hye, be strong. Jebal remember I'm always here for you. Saranghae Eun Hye. Those words are the words I can never say to you as long as there's other guys in your heart which is not me.

 

A/N: Hey guys! I'm back! I'm soooo sorry for the long wait for this chapter! I know I promised that I will update asap, but school have started and my schedule is now very hectic. I have a lot of commitments, here and there to fullfill for the time being. I'll apologised in advance if this story is going to slow or my updates will take some time. I hope that most of you can understand my situation here. Sorry if this chapter , I'm having a slight writer's block and writing this chapter reminds me of what happen to me. As most of you know that I wrote this story based on my own experience, I teared up a bit remembering what actually happened at that time. Do comment and give me suggestions for future chapters if you think my story kinda for now. I'll appreciate it :) SARANGHAE GUYS!