I want you to smile again

Do I exist in your life?

Eun Hye's P.O.V

Omma, I'm off to study. Will be back before dinner time. Call me if there's anything. Mir oppa is at his dance practice.

I left the note at the key holder by the door before I went out. I walked through the streets of my neighbourhood, reaching to the end of the block, where the bus stop is situated. I sat down on the bench, shuffling through my ipod playlist, searching for the song that I wanted to listen to. Giving a miss to some of my favourite bands songs, I settled for Bruno Mar's Who Is. One of my favourite songs to listen to when I'm down.

It's been a week since I saw Junhyung hugging Ga In. Since I first cried in Yoseob's embrace. Since I had my heart broken into pieces.

A week had passed yet I still remember what happened that day vividly. Even after Mir Oppa coax me again last night, wanting to know the truth out of my own mouth, I just can't bring myself to tell him, repeating it in words what happen that day. I don't want him to feel burdened with my problems and I hate the fact that too many people have seen the weak side of me. I hate it. I'm not weak Eun Hye, I'm the Eun Hye who would never cry in front of anyone. I'm not the Eun Hye that show everyone my weak side, the side that I long buried me eversince I entered school, eversince I realised that being weak would not bring you anywhere.

My thoughts were interrupted when the bus that I've waited arrived. Boarding the bus, I scan the bus for a seat, and I was lucky enough to get a seat by the window. I shuffled through my playlist again to find a different song to listen to this time round, considering the fact that the bus ride will be quite long.

I closed my eyes, trying to relax my mind, while listening to the soothing rhythms in my ear, when my phone suddenly vibrated in my pocket. I ignored it, because I thought it might only be Mir Oppa asking my whereabouts. I don't want him to know where I ran off to everyday. Continuing with my 30minutes long bus ride, I arrived at my destination at last. Han River.

I walked out of the bus, taking my time, strolling on the pavement by the Han River, taking in the beautiful afternoon scenery and the cool winter breeze that swept past me.

This is where I've been everyday, eversince study break started, eversince that incident happened. This is the only place that calms me down yet its the place that reminds me I've lose my facade in front of Yoseob.

I walked further up the pavement, finding for a seat by the river to start my revision. Though I'm heartbroken, that does not mean that I would stop studying and do something stupid. I'm not that shallow. I know what I'm doing and whats going on. I'm building myself up again, I want to be the strong Eun Hye back.

I found a seat near the end of the river, and sat there. I just looked out to the river, not touching my bookbag for a moment, wanting to calm my mind first before I start my studying. Placing my phone on the table, I took out the books that I needed to start my revision. I stared down at the Maths book that look up to me.

I heaved a sigh, knowing that today will be a long day with me doing Maths. Maths is never, and will never be my strong subject. Eversince I entered senior year, I've been obtaining a fail all year round. The sight of a 'F' on my test papers discourage me as times goes by. Yeah, I do get teased for being the slowest and lowest in Maths class, but I just laugh along with them, not wanting to show them that I actually get hurt with all these. None of my friends know that I was being teased about Maths in class since Dongwoon and Ga In was not in the same class as me for Maths. With both of them being in the top ranks for Maths, they are of course in the top class. But me, I was in the second last class for Maths.

I opened the textbook, welcomed by the sight of equations, numbers and algebras. I tore out a fresh piece of foolscape and started to do the questions one by one.

Buzz buzz buzzz

My phone started to vibrates once again. I ignored it, trying to concentrate on my Maths revision, but the buzzing and vibratng emitting from the phone started to annoy me. I picked up my phone, not bothered to looked at the caller ID and answered it.

"Ne?", I answered, voice full of annoyance to the person who called me.

"Eunnie? Am I disturbing? Mian..." the voice over the phone asked, with a hint of carefulness in his voice.

It took me quite some times to digest whose voice it was.

Yoseob.

I felt guilty for talking to him in that kind of tone, knowing very well that Yoseob can be a tad bit sensitive.

"Oh mian Seob. Didn't know it was you. So what is it?"

"Anni, I just want to ask where you were since you didn't picked up my call just now and no one picks up your house phone."

"Ah, so you were the one who called me. Mian, didn't checked it just now. I'm outside studying. Why you're asking?"'

"Studying? Eodi? Can I come? Please?"

"Uhmm...Well, uhmm...." I don't want to tell Seob where I was but I'm afraid of hurting his feeling, with the fact that he is my best friend. I started to ponder on it for awhile until Seob interreupted my thoughts.

"Sounds like you don't want me there, it's okay then. Study we-"

"ANNI! I'm at Han River! You can come if you want to!" I cut off his sentence, thinking that maybe it was a good idea that he come here since Yoseob's Maths is quite good and he might be some kind of help.

"Yay! I knew you were going to agree!" he shouted over the phone.

I chuckled at the sound of my best friend, being estatic just for this. We bade our goodbyes and I ended the call.

Just as I was about to put my phone down,

"EUN HYEEEE!!!!!!!" A voice from behind me called out to me.

I turned around and I saw Yoseob running towards me. I stared at him, with my eyes wide open, not knowing what to say.

It's only been less than a minute since I've put down the phone, ending our conversation, but here he is, arms wide open, running towards me.

Just what is going on here?

Yoseob's P.O.V

I ended our call and quickly switched off my car engine and stepped out of my car, not forgetting to lock my car before starting to walk away.

To be truthful, I've been at the Han River for the past hour, waiting for Eun Hye to arrive here. I knew that she would be here, thanks to Mir. I've phone him earlier on, asking about the whereabouts of Eun Hye, and he said that she isn't home and she's been going out everyday since THAT day. Mir said that she might be at the Han River since it's the only place she ever goes whenever something is wrong.

I took the chance, and went there, hoping that Eun Hye might be coming. I just feel like giving her a surpised, and I really do want to meet her. I want to see her smiling once again. Once I reached Han River, I walked along the river, trying to bumped into Eun hye, but after circling around a few times, I didn't even saw Eun Hye. At last, I called her phone trying to asked her where she was, but she did not picked up her phone, leaving me dumbfounded. I didn't know what to do, so I actually sat in my car, listening to the radio, looking out my window, enjoying the winter breeze.

Just as I was about to doze off, a girl in a black leather jacket over her green graphic tee and black skinny jeans with light blue Dr Martens boots walked towards the end of the river. If my eyes did not tricked me, I'm quite sure that it was Eun Hye. I know its her.

She's the only girl that I know that would use a leather jacket over a t-shirt in this cold winter with her favourite stripes scarf that i gave her on her last birthday. I smiled to myself knowing that she really love that scarf that I gave her.

I decided to confirm whether it was her or not so I decided to give her a call once again.

"Ne?", she answered, her voice sounded a bit annoyed witht he fact that someone called her.

"Eunnie? Am I disturbing? Mian..." I felt sorry about disturbing her quiet time alone.

"Oh mian Seob. Didn't know it was you. So what is it?"  she said, I can hear a slight smile in her voice when she realised it was me.

"Anni, I just want to ask where you were since you didn't picked up my call just now and no one picks up your house phone."

"Ah, so you were the one who called me. Mian, didn't checked it just now. I'm outside studying. Why you're asking?"'

"Studying? Eodi? Can I come? Please?"  I pleaded her, using a bit of my aegyo to convince her.

"Uhmm...Well, uhmm...." the slight pause that she had made me wonder whether she was pondering to have me there or not.

"Sounds like you don't want me there, it's okay then. Study we-"

"ANNI! I'm at Han River! You can come if you want to!", she cut off my sentence even before I get to finish my sentence.

"Yay! I knew you were going to agree!" I shouted in glee, knowing that I'm more than welcome to be there with her.

We quickly bad our goodbyes and I stepped out of my car.

"EUN HYEEEE!!!" running towards her, I shouted out looud, distracting her from whatsoever she was doing.

She turned around, mouth, slightly open, eyes widen up. She was clearly shocked to see me there when she just told me where she was less than a minute ago. I quickly ran up to her chuckling at the sight of her. She looks really cute, looking all clueless and shocked.

"Yah, what's with that face? Surprised?" I laughed at her reaction, teasing her a little, while taking a seat in front of her.

"Just what is going on here?! How did you reach here so fast?!" Eun Hye started to scream right in my face.

I only laughed looking at her petrified face. Her lips pouts out slightly when I laughed at her, giving me a sign that she is a bit upset that I laughed at her.

I stiffled back my laughter and tried to explain the situation without making it sound like as if I'm stalking her here.

After cutting the long story short, Eun Hye just smiled at me and continued with her revision. I find that weird since she only listen to my explanation and didn't probe on any questions but did her studying instead. I only looked at her, not knowing what to do. The silence atmosphere is killing me. Eun Hye  usually would chatter along, even when she's doing her work.

I just sat there, admiring her doing her work, trying to figure out how to break the silence between us.

Just as I was about to say a word, "Seob? Can you help me with this question?"

Eun Hye looked up to me, pencil pointing towards the question she was asking about. I just chuckled a bit, knowing that sooner or later she'll ask me since Maths was never her strongest subject.

"Hmm, okay. But what do I get for helping you? Hey, my brain neurons aren't free afterall!" I joked a little with her.

"Huh? How about I treat you to ice-cream later? Call?"

"CALL!"

I teached her Maths for an hour or so before Eun Hye sigh, signalling me that she was getting bored with the subject and she'll do anything to stop the study session.

"Yah, try to concentrate will you? Do you want to pass?" I asked her sternly, trying to attract her attention back to studying.

It's not that I don't want her to relax and have a break, but then I know that her SATs is in less than 2 weeks time and Maths is really her weakest subjects. Eun Hye just look up to me, lips pouting slightly trying to weave her way out of studying more Maths.

I can't help but to give in to her. I mean who won't when they look at that cute face she's making. 

"Fine, fine. Let's pack up and have that ice-cream okay?"

"KOMAWO SEOB!!" Eun Hye quickly packed up her books and stationeries, stuffing it inside her bag.

Once done, the both of us walk to my car and start our journey towards Eun Hye's favourite ice-cream parlour around the corner.

I looked at the girl sittting next to me, the smile on her face did not leave her face eversince I came.

Oh how I wish, I can be the source of her smile all the time, everytime.

I just want her to smile once again. To smile because of me, to be happy because of me. I never want her to cry because of anyone else, especially not because of me.

"Can I have one hot fudge sundae with oreo topping to go with it? Ah, Seob what do you want?" Eun Hye, who ran in the parlour straightaway ordered what she wanted at the counter, asked me.

"Oh, uhm. One scoop of chocmint on a cone please."

"Ne. That'll be six thousand won." The counter guy who served us tally up our order.

I quickly take out my wallet to pay for it when I saw Eun Hye scrambling around the inside of her bag to find for her wallet.

I gave the guy ten thousand won and he quickly gave me my change back, asking us to wait at the side for our orders.

"Yah! Why did you pay the ice-cream?!" Eun Hye half-screamed at me when we have taken our ice-creams at sat down at a table near the counter.

The people near us swivelled their heads to look at what's going over at our table. I only nod my head and smile at them, hoping that they will mind their own business.

"Ssshh! You're too loud! I paid for the ice-cream because I did want to bring you here, plus a girl paying? That's just not right."

"Ah jincha. Whatever..." Eun Hye complained, then digging into her ice-cream, totally ignoring me.

I looked at the girl in front of me. I could just laugh at her antics. She's always like this. Ignoring everyone in front of food. I quickly ate up my ice-cream too since it was starting to melt.

I finish off my ice-cream within minutes as it was melting really fast. I looked over at Eun hye who's enjoying her ice-cream slowly, taking in each bite, tasting it whole-heartedly. Looking at her expression, a smile form on my face unknowingly.

Nothing can make my feelings for her falters.

Noticing the slight ice-cream smudge on her left side of the mouth, my hand went up to and swipe it away.

Eun hye look up at me, her eyes widen. Maybe a bit surprised by my rash action.

"There's ice-cream there pabo." I , trying to make it looks like a friendly action.

"Ah, ko..komawo.." Eun Hye speaks up, her voice can barely be heard.

I looked at her cheeks which have been tinted by light shade of pink. I wonder why Eun Hye just blushed at my action. She have never acted these way before in front of me.

Ah, it must have only be my imagination.

I pushed all those thoughts aside and the both of us stood up, ready to get out of the shop when Eun Hye was done with her ice-cream.

In the car ride home, Eun Hye just kept silent, fondling around with her phone in her hands.

I pushed the play button on my audio player and Eun Hye's favourite started to play.

She looked up and started to give me one of her brightest smile and started to sing along, once in awhile dancing to it,

I joined in sooner or later, and the awkward silence turns into a party atmosphere.

"Seob, komawo for making my day! You're the best! Yang Yoseob jjang!" Eun Hye said to me, before hugging me when we reached her house.

I only pat her head, and nodded in agreement,

"Yah, yah. Enough with the compliments, I know I'm that good!" I joked around yet again with her, causing the both of us to break out into laughter.

"Ah, shouldn't have compliment you. It's getting into your head!" she said, in between our laughters.

"It's nice to see you smile again" I said to her, in a low voice, not wanting her to hear it though.

"Mworago? What did you say seob?"

"Oh, aniyo. I just said that your brother is asking you to go in already!" I quickly started to find reasons to avoid her knowing what I just said.

Somehow right at that point Mir was at the front door, using his hand gestures to ask Eun Hye to come in quickly.

We bad our goodbyes, and Eun Hye gave me a quick hug again. My heart started to beat faster one more time.

Bang Eun Hye, why must you do that to me?

Eun Hye's P.O.V

I quickly ran into the house, pulling Mir Oppa's hand to urge him to come in too.

I leaned  back against the door, my right hand on my chest. My heart was beating fast. I've no idea why.

It's been like this since Seob wipe the ice-cream smudge at the side of my mouth just now. Right after I hugged Yoseob for the second time, I swear my heart felt like it will burst anytime, thus making me quickly running in the house after waving him a quick goodbye.

I heard the sound of Yoseob's car starting up and I peeked at the side of the window. He didn't saw me, and I was lucky for that.

"Yah, what are you doing?" Mir Oppa asked me, tapping my shoulder, shocking me.

"Ah, nothing.," I said, walking up to my room.

"YAH! OMMA SAID TO COME DOWN FOR DINNER AFTER YOU'RE DONE WASHING UP!"

"NEEEE!!!"

Flopping myself on my bed, I reminiscence what happened today. I smiled widely knowing that Seob really made my day absolutely perfect today,

Ah, I can never replace Yoseob for anyone else in my life. He's just too perfect.

I feel heat creeping up my cheeks as I remember the gestures that Yoseob did today.

Why am I even being like this. Aish.

Yang Yoseob, my bestest friend forever and always...

A/N: HEY GUYS! BACK AGAIN AFTER LIKE MORE THAN 2 WEEKS! OOPPSS, I DID SAID I'LL TRY TO UPDATE AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK, I'M SORRY. SCHOOL LIFE IS LIKE HELL, SO YEAH. HOPE YOU GUYS CAN UNDERSTAND. SO YEAH, THIS CHAPTER KINDA A BIT, (I KNOW. YOU GUYS CAN JUST CRITICIZE ME FOR THIS) I WROTE THIS LIKE IN A RUSH CAUSE I WAS HAVING A SLIGHT WRITER'S BLOCK AND ALL. PLUS I SOME OF YOU GUYS SAY THAT THERE IS NOT ENOUGH EUN HYE0YOSEOB MOMENTS, HERE YOU GO! :D I'M SORRY! I HOPE YOU GUYS DON'T FIND THIS STORY TO BE DRAGGY OR ANYTHING. JUST COMMENT OR PM ME IF YOU GUYS HAVE ANY IDEAS ON WHAT TO DO NEXT OR SOMETHING. I'M MORE THAN WELCOME TO ACCEPT YOUR IDEAS :D I GUESS YOU GUYS WILL KNOW THAT MY NEXT UPDATE WILL TAKE QUITE SOME TIME, SO I'LL APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE. MIAN!!DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT! SARANGHAE!

P/S: BTOB WILL BE ARRIVING IN SINGAPORE IN LIKE AROUND 13 MOR EHOURS TIME! OMG!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!! I HOPE I GET TO SEE THEM AT THE AIRPORT! OMG! I WANNA SEE MY PENIEL BABY! HEH, SORRY FOR THE RANDOM A/N HERE. HEHHE. ANY BTOB FANS OUT THERE?!