Unexpected visitor

Do I exist in your life?

Eun Hye P.O.V

" Eun Hye-ah! Wait for me!", a voice from behind me called out to me.

I stopped walking and turned around to see Dongwoon running towards me with his hands flying all around. I chuckled a bit looking at the sight in front of me. He looks really funny until I can't hold hold back my laughter.

"What is it? You don't have to shout for me you know?" I asked him when he stops right in front of me, panting and gasping for air.

It took him quite a while to compose himself back to tell me his answer. Once he regain back his normal breathing pace, we continued walking home since both of us live nearby. Usually Ga In will be with us, but today she had catch a cold, thus making it only the two of us.

" You're going to Junhyung's birthday party this weekend right?" Dongwoon asked me as a return to my question previously.

"Thi- this weekend?" I stuttered when I heard Junhyung's name being mentioned.

"You didn't forget right Eun Hye? He texted us about it last week."

" Oh, anni. I remembered! HAHA! How can I forget? Hahaha!" I laughed nervously, trying to cover up from my stuttering and convincing Dongwoon that I really didn't forget about Junhyung's party.

We started walking back and I changed our conversation topic. I complained about the amount of workload we have to complete by tonight. I just can't understand why the teachers give us that much homework and expect us to finish it all in one day, well its not even one day since we can only do it after school.

"Yah, stop complaining. Its for our own good you know. We'll be sitting for SATS in just months time." Dongwoon retorted back.

He always find a good reason to go against my complain. Sometimes I find it really annoying, but most of the times he actually make some sense and I have no choice but to agree with him.

After walking for a good ten minutes, we reached my house first, since his house is just a few blocks away from mine. He bade me goodbye as I walked to my front door and only started moving when I closed the door. It's always like this. A habit that started out since we were in middle school. Old habits die hard, they say.

I unwound the light green scarf around my neck and took off the black leather jacket that I was using. I hanged both of the items on the coat rack at the side of the door and trudged my way up to my room. Once I reach my room, I discarded the heavy bag that I was carrying at the side of my bed. Life as a SATS student is hard.

Flopping down on my bed, I just stared up at the ceiling, trying to feel less tired. It's only been a few minutes since I lay down on the bed, my brother just have to interrupt my rest time by barging in.

"Eunnie-ah, omma and appa say that they'll be coming home late today so we have to settle dinner ourselves. So where do you wanna go for dinner?" he said straightaway without even bothering to ask how my day was.

I sat up on my bed and just stared blankly at him for a few seconds.

"Oppa, can we just stay at home and order home delivery? Chicken sounds good..." I dragged the last few words, trying to intill some aegyo in my sentences.

I looked up to Mir oppa with my big eyes, and pout a little. I only wanted to stay at home for dinner since I'm tired from a whole day opf school plus the fact that there's tons of homework to be done.

"Aigoo! When was the last time you used your aegyo on me? I miss seeing it! Hahah! Alright then, I'll order chicken, you go and wash up and come down after that ok?" Mir Oppa exclaimed and ruffled my hair before he closes my room door and went downstairs.

I lazily got up from bed and fetch my bathing necessities. Taking my own sweet time to gather my towel and clothes and all, I finally lock my bathroom door to start my bath.

The radio in my room was blasting off my favourite songs from my CD mix since I love to sing and dance around in the bathroom whilst bathing.

"You make me go insane, She gives me so much pain, I won’t be back again i wanna hate you...." I started singing when I heard my favourite song playing.

I was rinsing my whole body when Mir Oppa knocked on my bathroom door saying something which I can't quite decipher since the sound of water and music blasting off drown his voice. I replied a yeah since I was not sure what he was talking about.

After feeling clean and refreshed, I stepped out from the shower and started to dry my hair and body. After I put on my clothes, I stepped out from the bathroom still singing and jiggling about.

"EUN HYE!" someone shouted at me, when I only took one step out from the bathroom.

I turned to look whose voice it was, and I got the shock of my life.

There sitting on my bed was Junhyung. I was so shocked that I actually slipped on the slippery wet floor of the bathroom. I closed my eyes, expecting my head to hit the hard tiled floor, ready to feel the pain. But none of that happened.

I felt a pair of strong arms supporting my body and I was leaning into a tough, hard body.

I open my eyes and it met Junhyung's pair or dark brown eyes. I can feel heat creeping up to my cheeks. To avoid him looking at my pink tinted cheeks, I quickly stood up and went out of the bathroom.

Trying to act normal, ad if nothing happened, I started a conversation with him.

"Yah, what are you doing here?!" I asked him, half shouting.

"You don't have to shout at me, plus I practically just saved your life." he replied, pouting a bit, showing that he was a bit hurt by my actions.

I got nothing to say so I just sat on my bed. He followed and sat beside me.

"I came here because I miss you of course! Doojoon too. He's downstairs talking to Mir. And Mir told me that I can wait in your room since you agree to it, so here I am!" he explained once we sat down on my bed.

I was mentally cursing Mir Oppa in my head for not telling me about this. Well, maybe he did while I was showering, but he should know that I won't be able to hear him well.

I sigh, and I guess it was a bit loud because Junhyung asked me why I sighed.

I make-up reasons and told him about how my school day was. He listened and when I told him about a funny incident earlier in school just now, both of us started to laugh.

Suddenly I felt his hands brushing past my knees. I stopped laughing and looked down. Only then did I realised I was using my oversize jersey that goes down all the way to my knees, covering up the shorts I's put on. The atmosphere became slightly awkward.

"Uhm, Junhyung, can you like go down and join Mir oppa and Doojoonie? I need to change you know?!" I joked slightly to make the situation less awkward.

"Oh, uhm, yeah. Uh, what I meant was okay. Ah, see you downstairs. haha" he stumbled over his words and exited out of my room.

I quickly close my room door and locked it. I leaned back against the door and my hand rested on my chest, feeling my heartbeat which was beating rapidly.

Ah, Junhyung, why must this happen again? We were fine up till that moment.

Junhyung P.O.V

I quickly went out of Eun Hye's room after the sudden awkward atmosphere. I leaned back against her room door and I can feel that my heartbeat is beating fast.

Thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump

I recalled back the moment when my hand suddenly grazed past her bare knees. It was not on prpose, I seriously have no intention of doing it at all.

I tried to cool myself down before I go down to the living room to join Doojoon and Mir.

" What took you so long up there? It's been like more than 20 minutes!  Do you miss Eun Hye that much?" Doojoon questioned me once I reached the living room.

I only managed to stiffled out a small laughter as my response. I sat beside Doojoon on the sofa and joined in the conversation he was having with Mir.

I stopped thinking about what happen a while ago and continue talking and laughing around with the other two.

" DOOJOONIE! BOGOSHIPO!" Eun Hye came running down the stairs towards Doojoon, still in her oversize jersey but this time with bermudas on, giving him a big hug.

I felt slightly jealous because she did not hug me when she saw me just now.

I got remembered again about what happen just now in her room. The accidental brushing of my hand on her knees. I quickly brush away those thoughts in my head and return back to reality.

The four of us sat down and started talking again.Eun Hye sat beside Mir, opposite Doojoon, making her talk to him non-stop.

The front door bell rang and Mir went up to look who it was. He came back with a few boxes of chicken with side dishes, and place it on the coffee table.

"OPPA! YOU BOUGHT CHICKEN! SARANGHAE!" Eun Hye hugged her brother tightly, when she saw the boxes of chicken placed on the coffee table.

We rarely get to see Eun Hye's aegyo, and most of the time when she does it, she herself don't noticed it. I looked at her when she hugged Mir tighly, smiling widely and her eyes looks wider. I bet she doesn't even know that she's doing aegyo right now.

"Doojoon hyung, Junhyung hyung, join us for dinner will ya? It's been a long time since we met and there's still a lot to talk about." Mir pleaded us.

I look at Junhyung and we communicate using our eyes. We decided to stay on since there's nothing much to do at home too.

We started digging into the chicken and munch away. Within less than 20 minutes, the 5 boxes of chicken were cleaned off. I looked up at Eun Hye and I noticed that at the side of there's some gravy stuck on it. I was about to reach over and wipe it, but I was beaten by Mir who wipe Eun Hye's mouth using the tissue in his hands.

Doojoon made some jokes about their siblings' love and all four of us started laughing.

We cleaned up the mess we created whilst eating and bin it away.

After dinner, me and Doojoon excuse ourselves since it's already eight in the evening and we ought to go home.

The two of them sent us up till the door and bade us goodbye, watching us till we can't see them at all.

While walking down the road towards the bus stop, me and doojoon started to have small talks here and there.

"Doojoon, do you think that there's a difference in Eun Hye nowadays?" I asked him, without even noticing the words that slipped out of my mouth.

"Difference? Well, I have to say yes. Nowadays I do noticed that Eun Hye have become prettier and all. Maybe it's because now we rarely meet up with her because of our busy college life, but I do think that Eun Hye is growing up well." he answered back.

Prettier? Eun Hye have always been pretty since I first met her. I admit that she is pretty. But this time I have to agree with Doojoon about Eun Hye getting prettier. Although everytime I meet her, she's either in her uniform or her casual clothes which consist of jerseys, bermudas, jeans or any kind of clothing that is usually on boys, she is pretty.

But that doesn't answer why my heart started thumping for no reason just now.

Ah, maybe I was just imagining things. Yeah, it's all my imagination.

Why am I even thinking about this? I should not even have such thoughts on my own best friend! Yong Junhyung, wake up, this is Eun Hye, your best friend you're thinking about!

My thoughts break free when I felt a vibration in my pocket. I took out my phone and I noticed the phone caller ID.

I smiled looking at the ID since I've been waiting for the call for the whole day.

Park Ga In.

 

A/N:Hey guys! I'm back again! I'm sure you guys know about my deleted chapter, so here it is the chapter that was posted previously. Well theres some changes here and there since I can't quite remember the original version. I'm sorry if I took a long time to write this chapter. Hopefully I don't lose readers. I hope that this chapter is better than the previous chapter that was deleted. If you have anything to say do comment alright? I love you guys! SARANGHAE <3