Someday

Do I exist in your life?

Mir's P.O.V

I've been observing Eun Hye's behaviour for the past few days. She seems so different, so depressed if I may say. Yeah, she would laugh and smile in the presence of omma and appa but once she's out of their sight, her smile turns into a frown and her eyes seems so distant. I can sense that something was wrong with her. She did not have to tell me in words, I can read it off from her eyes. Something or rather someone have make her sad, broken-hearted. Someone have break Eun Hye's fragile heart, knowing or unknowingly.

All of these started eversince she came home from Junhyung hyung's birthday celebration the other day. Yoseob hyung sent her right until the front door step, watching her making her way to her room. I thanked Yoseob hyung for finding her and bringing her home safely. I asked him what happened and why Eun Hye did soomething so rashly, he just shrugged and said "It's better if you ask her yourself. You might understand her better." He told me that before giving me a reassuring smile.

I was curious what actually happen to my dear dongsaeng, but everytime I want to talk to her about it, she'll just run away from me, giving excuses and such. Although it's her study break now, she seems to spend most of her time outside. Going out after breakfast, coming home before dinner. My parents don't mind us going out, as long as we are responsible and know what to do and what not to do.I know that Eun Hye wouldn't do anything stupid. She might be feeling down and broken-hearted but she's not that stupid as to ruin her life.

Looking at her lying down on the hammock in our garden, just looking at the starry night sky, make my heart hurts. I know something is wrong. I want to help her to go throught with all this. What's the point of being the older brother when you can't even help your own little sister.

I walked towards her slowly, wanting to talk to her about what's wrong. I locked the door leading to the garden so that she can't run away again without explaining the situstion to me.

"Eunnie," I called out to her while pulling a chair to take a seat next to my baby sister.

She turned her head to the side, giving me a small smile.

"Ne, oppa. Gwenchana?"

"I'm fine Eunnie. It's not about me, it's about you. Could you please stop running away from me and try to explain to me what happened the other day?" I said, not giving her a chance to cut through my sentences.

Eun Hye just looked down, not lifting her head even once to face me. I sigh in desperation, not knowing what else to do. I've tried all methods to make her talk but she is still stubborn. She is still the old stubborn Eun Hye who does not want anyone see her weak side.

"Eunnie, remember when we're young? We promised to not keep secrets between one another and that the both of us will always be by each other side. Remember Eunnie? I've been holding on to that  promise for as long as I could have remember, but why aren't you holding on to it. Eunnie, I'm not trying to nag at you here, I'm really worried Eunnie. My heart hurts seeing you in this way. I can feel that you're hurt. Eunnie, look at me and tell me. I'm your brother Eun! Jebal, tell me." I pleaded to her, holding on to her hands tightly, reassuring her that everything will be okay.

"O..Oppa..Hic Hic..Oppa.." Eun Hye looks up, her eyes watery, her lips quivering.

I was surprised to see Eun Hye crying. It's been a long time since she cried in front of me. Eun Hye never let her guards down. She always put on a strong facade, never letting anyone see this side of hers. Even when she got injured or when the girls in the school dissed her, she never once let a tear fall dwn from her eyes. She was strong, physically and mentally.

My arms embraced Eun Hye's figure, hugging her tightly. I rest my head on top of hers, making Eun Hye feel safe in my hug. I didn't say anything during the whole hug, not wanting to upset her further. I guess, if I were to say anything else, she might cry more. I hate to see my sister cry, because of me, or because of anyone else. I pat her back, comforting her, trying to stop her sobbings.

"You get some right
You get some wrong
Jogeum himdeureodo utneun nari olggeoya
When you fall down
When you get up
Jogeum himdeureodo utneun nari wa
Kyeolguk utneun nari olggeoya

you get some right, you get some wrong
Although tiring there will be days to smile
When you fall down, when you get up
Although tiring, there will be days to smile, eventually a day to
Smile will come", 
I started singing a soothing song to Eun Hye.

I whisper those words in her ears, hoping that she will calm down. The lyrics to this song is soothing and the message behind the lyrics is deep and meaningful. This was the song that gave me hope when I was down, with whatsoever reason. It reminds me that no matter how upset I am, it will only last for awhile because the bright future ahead will come soon. I want Eunnie to know this too.

I rock her slowly while singing the song, and within minutes, I can hear that Eun Hye have stopped crying and her head is resting on my chest. I looked down at my little sister and found her to be sleeping peacefully. I smiled looking at the sight of her. This was what makes Eun Hye different from other girls. She can be a little too naive and innocent.

I wiped away the tears that stained her cheeks and pushed back her fringe. Carrying my twin sister, I walked towards the garden door and unlocked it with a few difficulties since my hands was supporting Eun Hye. Once I entered the house, the front door open and I saw omma and appa just arrived home from visiting a sick friend of theirs. They looked towards me and Eun Hye and omma cocked her head slightly to the side, giving m the impression that she was wondering why I was carrying Eun Hye. The both of them walked towards us with curiosity filling their facial expressions.

"Cheolyongie? What happen to Eunnie? Don't tell me that she fainted again? " appa asked, with a slight tone of worry.

"Ah, anni appa. Eunnie fell asleep while sitting out in the garden just now. Relax appa, omma, nothing happened. I'm always here to take care of Eunnie", I replied, not wanting my parents to be worried.

"Ahhh, okay then. Bring her up, and you and get ready for bed also arasseo?" appa said with a sigh of relief.

With a smile on my face I nodded my head and brought Eun Hye to her room.

Putting Eun Hye on her bed, I covered her with her blanket and positioned her pillows so that she 'll be in a comfortable position. Looking at the fragile state Eun Hye is in, I realised that she was never strong in the first place. It was just a facade that she make so that she won't be hurt at all. I kissed the top of her forehead before I went out to go to my own room for a goodnight sleep.

Someday, Eun Hye will tell me what happen, and Someday too, Eun Hye will be the strong yeodongsaeng that I used to have. She just need time and support for now.

 

A/N: HEY GUYS! I'M BACK! HEHEH! I'M TRYING TO UPDATE AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK FROM NOW OKAY? I'M SORRY IF THIS CHAPTER IS SHORT OR IT DOES NOT BRING ANY SATISFACTION BUT I WAS THINKING THAT MY STORY IS LACKING OF MIR-EUNHYE INTERACTION WITH ONE ANOTHER. IT'LL BE NICE IF YOU GUYS COMMENT AND GIVE ME SOME OPINIONS ALRIGHT?KOMAWO!

PS: IF ANY OF YOU GUYS WANT TO KNOW WHAT SONG THAT MIR IS MENTIONING ABOVE, IT IS CALLED SOMEDAY BY U-KISS FROM THEIR LAST COMEBACK LAST YEAR. THESE SONG REALLY IS MEANINGFUL. CHECK IT OUT AND DON'T FORGET TO SUPPORT U-KISS CURRENT COMEBACK, DORADORA. HOPEFULLY THEY CAN HAVE THEIR FIRST WIN THESE TIME ROUND. I REALLY WANT THEM TO WIN.