CHAPTER 49

LOVE IN VAIN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 49


Several days later, the Park’s girls had another conversation with their parents. Mr. Park looked at his daughters. He could feel how much firm their eyes were when looking toward him, and he knew what his girls expected from him. He signed, and he looked at his beloved wife who had persuaded him to open his heart and his mind to accept and wish the best for the girls’ love. About Mrs. Park, she knew that her husband was slowly changing his mind, but he still needed time. She hoped that this conversation would make the situation better. The lady just nodded her head slightly toward her husband to encourage him to do the right thing.
-    I’ll ask you some questions. Just answer me, ok? _ Mr. Park broke the silence. He took a quick glance at his three daughters sitting in front of him and saw them holding hands of one another. He felt glad that his daughters had a strong bond, but he also felt guilty to make their family atmosphere tensed like this. _ Soyeon, your lover is an orphan, right? Don’t you think she just uses you because you are a Chairman of Park Royalty?
After hearing the father’s question, Soyeon just smiled slightly. She knew that her father was worried for her to meet a person using her, but she could ensure that Boram was not one of them.
-    Yes, Boram is an orphan, but she has a heart of gold. It’s me who loves her first and I can say that anyone out there can use me but her. She’s not the kind of people that we usually meet in business market. In Boram’s eyes, I’m not a Chairman, but I’m just a normal Park Soyeon. I know that you trust me a lot in business, then can you trust me as your daughter not a Chairman once? If you trust me, please trust the one I love also. Boram is not a person from high class but she is a lot better than those people from high class. _ Soyeon wanted to protect her little lover. She did not like anyone thinking something bad about Boram including her parents. Mr. Park said nothing
-    Hyomin, your lover does not have a stable job and have a similar education status like you. Do you think that you two will have a lot of struggles in life because different thinking? Do you think that she is serious about this relationship or she just wants to use you to have a better job._ Mr. park gave other questions to Hyomin. Hyomin took a deep breath before answering.
-    Dad, each person is different. Not anyone is similar totally. Yes, Qri does not have a high certificate like I have, but that does not mean she’s not good. Moreover, I love her not because her education status, but she understands and makes me feel happy. I can firmly claim that Qri’s really serious about this relationship. If she does not, we’ll not be this far. I understand her, dad. I know that since I was a child, dad and I don’t have a good relationship, but I know and I believe that you have changed. Please, can you be the understanding father this time?
The atmosphere became quiet after Hyomin’s words. Mr. Park felt guiltier to hear these words. Mrs. Park also felt hurt. She hoped that every hurt will be healed and fixed after this conversation. After a while, Mr. park looked at the daughter he loved most. 
-    Jiyeon, your lover is a gangster, right? Moreover, she used to be in jail for two years. Do you know that this can lead your career to disaster if someone knows about this? _ Jiyeon knew that her dad would ask her these questions. She just confidently looked at his father and answered.
-    First, I want to make something clear here. She’s a daughter of gangsters. However, her mother had retired for a long time. Eunjung, herself, is not a ganster but a bar chain owner. All of the finance and activities here are all legal. She, herself, does not like to relate to gangsters. Yes, I admit that she used to be in jail, but that does mean she’s bad person. Sometime, you have to do something to protect the one you love even it may ruin yourself. I know all the details of it, and that’s why I love her more. I can say that she’s a good person. _ Jiyeon did not want to let many people know about the truth behind Eunjung’s goinf to jail story since the older did not like it. She paused a bit then continued._ About my career, I know how to deal with it. If the councilor can’t accept me just because of my lover. I don’t need that job either. Since, I can have another job, but I can’t have another person to love me like Eunjung do. 
Mr. Park said nothing but stayed silent for a while. He had made an important decision.
-    I’m sorry that I can’t say Yes immediately, but I’ll not against it anymore. I’m sorry to be a bad dad that makes you hurt. I still need time. _ The girls and the mother smiled happily since they knew that the father somehow accepted the love of the daughters. _ 
-    Thanks, dad. We’ll not let you down. _ Soyeon joyfully said. The father never saw this bright smile from the eldest daughter.
-    Dad, you’re the best. _ Hyomin showed her dorky side since she was extremely happy.
-    Dad, thanks. _ Jiyeon said with teary eyes. She felt happy that the tiring fight was over. 
Mrs. Park slowly approached her daughters and hugged them. She knew they all had a hard time. The daughters just enjoyed the warmth from their mother. 
- You’re doing well. _ Mrs. Ham rubbed her daughters’ hair. She looked back at her husband with a smile on her face since she was proud that he had a good decision. Seeing the scene in front of him, Mr. Park felt that he was thinking right.
After leaving the study room, the girls went to Soyeon’s room to have a small party and informed the news for the ones they love. They had a live stream to “meet” their lovers. 
-    We have news to announce you. _ Soyeon pretended to be sad.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter