CHAPTER 21

LOVE IN VAIN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 21

At the bar

Some gangsters were shooing the customers by shouting and breaking the tables. When Eunjung and Gyuri there, there was no customers left.

- What do you think you're doing?_ Eunjung tried to hold back her anger, she didn't want to relate to police again. 

- Oh, you're back finally. I think you're too scared to show up._ One of the guys provoked her, but she did nothing but reask them.

- Are you all deaf? I ask you what do you think you're doing in my bar?

- I just want to let you know that you can't escape from your father's hands. Thanks to him, we came here and played, but you don't respect us, so we needn't either.

- Respect? If you respected me, you wouldn't do your dirty business in my bars. I can't stand that and see my career be destroyed just like that._ Eunjung fought back.

- Don't talk to her, just break this place.

They started to make a mess there.

- Stop! You musn't do that!_ Gyuri tried to stop them, while Eunjung was about to hit them...

- Eveyone stops! Police here! _ A group of police went in and help Eunjung. Eunjung and Gyuri just stood there and looked each other with surprise look.

At the hospital

- You're my daughter's friend, right?_ Mrs. Ham asked Jiyeon.

- Yes.

- How long have you two been friend?

- Ah, We've just been friend recenly._ Jiyeon answered awkwardly, and Mrs. Ham just smiled at her.

- I don't know why I want to say this to you. Can you promise me that this conversation is our little secret?

- Of course. I promise._ Jiyeon smiled at her to prove how much sincere she was, and it was accepted.

- You know what? Eunjung is very poor. She isn't poor in material, but she is poor in love. As a young girl, she had to practice and learn a lot to fulfill her promise to me. She couldn't make it fluently, in another word, shefailed once, but I'm still proud of her. Now she's on the way to fullfil it, and I do know that it is a hard way, but ..._ Mrs. Ham couldn't finish her words because she bursted out into tears. Jiyeon bbecame panicked, she immidiately hugged the other.

- Please, don't cry.

- Can you promise to me this._ Jiyeon nodded her head an answer._ Please, be a true friend of her and stand by her side, can you?

- Yes, I'll try my best to fulfill this, but first you need to take care of yourself. Please, take a rest.

Then, Mrs. Ham fell asleep, while Jiyeon slept on the armchair.

In Busan

This was Boram and Soyeon's last day. They would leave Busan today. Soyeon made a decision that she wouldn't go back with the staff in her trip, but she would go back on the bus with Boram, which made the other atonished.

- Are you sure, Soyeon shi? It's not really comf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter