Crimson Lights

Pieces of Lies

 

The cold wind was blowing her cheeks softly. Even though she was still embarrassed, she hugged him tightly. She leaned her head on his broad shoulders. The stars are nowhere to be found. She wanted to forget about the letter but it popped on her mind as soon as the atmosphere became quiet again and only the busy street was heard. Tears then started to evade her eyes. She blinked to stop them from coming but it didn’t. She loosened her right hand from his waist to wipe her tears dry but he stopped her. He entwined his hands on hers. So she closed her eyes tightly feeling the warmth he has brought her. 

 

She hopped from the bike when they reached the parking lot. She gave him back his helmet and waved goodbye. But instead of replying her, he caressed her cheeks.

“Have you been crying?” Yunho asked.

She lowered her and vehemently lied. “No”

“You can tell me.” He urged her. “Was it because of the ramyun?” he joked.

She pouted and smiled. “Uhm.” 

“You’re lying.” His eyes were serious. “You know you can trust me.”

 Her tears were threatening to flow again. So to hide them, she hugged him instead and tiptoed to kiss him on the cheeks. “I’m okay. It’s just that..... I am happy to be with you today.” She half lied. It was true that she loved being with him. But she don’t exactly feel okay. 

He smiled convinced. Then he pinched her nose again. She was expecting it from him so she closed her eyes. “I’m very happy too.” As soon as she was about to open her eyes to give him a warm smile, she felt his lips on her. It was unexpected. Dara didn’t know how to react. So she ran like she was on fire. Her cheeks burning. While Yunho stood there looking at her half amused half grinning. From the corner of his eyes he saw Jiyong watching them from afar. But he didn’t care. He then left the building the smirk still present.

 

Dara bumped Seunghyun while she was running.

“Noona.” he complained

“Sorry.”
Seunghyun saw her red cheeks. He moved his face closer to hers and examined her. “Noona you are blushing.” He played with his chin as if thinking then added, “Oh, maybe you like me? Omo noona.”

Dara looked at him fiercely; she shook her head and exclaimed, “Aigoo. Prince syndrome.”  before walking out from him.

When she was out of sight, Seunghyun bumped into Jiyong.

“Yah!” Jiyong shouted and left him in daze.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bottles of liquor was scattered everywhere. He was already drunk but he still insists on drinking. The bartender was already worried about him but he can only watch him drown himself.

He was screaming. Obviously, he was mad.  He was saying incoherent words, shouting and when he was not yet contented, he punched the nearest wall. It left his hands totally bruised and bleeding. “I hate you.” He whispered and left the place not tending his wounds.