The Last Letter

Pieces of Lies

Dara felt her world collapsing after reading the letter. No please not our little angels she pleaded looking at the letter as if it can hear her and grant her wish. Without thinking twice, she dialled Haejin’s number.

“Oppa..”

“Dara~” Haejin answered breathlessly. “I was just about to call you.”

“Ne~ oppa. I’ll save the twins.” she almost whispered.

“Dara~ did you happen to receive a letter?”

“Oppa, you too?”

“Oh God! Dara let’s meet first and don’t do anything stupid. This is all my fault.” Haejin commanded his sister before ending the call.

 

Jia and Junno are with me. You have five days to make a public apology. The trick is you need to know your sin. By the way, I’ll be considerate enough to give you a clue, your brother Haejin might know. See you at Han River then, before the sun sets.

-J

 

“Tokki...”

Dara turned around and her droopy eyes were welcomed by that familiar comforting smile of Jiyong. He wiped her tears away for her and gave her the hug she badly needed.

“Another letter?”

“Hmm...”

“Let me see. So I can help.”

Dara handed him the letter. She closed her eyes and leaned on him as he read its content.

“This dang J!” he cursed. Dara broke the hug went at the railings of the rooftop mindlessly while Jiyong followed her.

“You always come at time like this.” she murmured.

“Umm~” he sighed before adding, “maybe were really connected?”

Dara felt herself smiling, “You’re probably just trying to avoid sajangnim from reprimanding you.”

Jiyong chuckled. “Busted.” He turned serious and asked, “Do you have any idea who this is?”

She sighed and shook her head. “I don’t have any idea. I really wish I know.” He patted her back.

“Maybe we should ask hyung?”

“Umh. I’ll meet him later.”

“Do you want me to come with you?”

“I don’t wanna trouble you. But thanks anyway.”

With that, Jiyong pouted, “You’re not a trouble.” Then he sneezed badly.

“See you even got a cold.” she looked concerned. But he just pinched her nose.

“It’s the rain.” he explained.

Dara shook her head then dragged Jiyong to the nearest drug store.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“Maybe it’s Jaejoong.” Haejin confessed.

Dara can’t believe his words. It can’t be Jaejoong. He has become a good friend to her the last few weeks since the day she met the guy’s older sister.

“No it can’t be.”

“He is the only person I can think of who has this huge grudge on me.”

“Why?” she asked.

“Remember when I was quite young, adventurous and....” he trailed.

“girl’s heart breaker.” Dara finished the sentence for her.        

“Yeah.” he bowed his head. “Jaejoong’s older sister became my girlfriend. I get her pregnant. And terrified as I am, I asked her to abort the child.” he explained remorseful.

Dara felt where the story was going on. She knew. She knew how Haejin has been a player when he was still single. But she never knew that things like that also happened.

“Oh God!” she covered .

“I know. I’m such a terrible person. But I changed. For my wife. And our children.” he raked his hair.

“When she aborted our child, something happened.” He continued.

“I don’t wanna hear it.” Dara stopped him. Her eyes clouded with tears. “Why did you do it? Why?” she then cried.

“I know. Your brother is a bad person. And I deserved to be punished. But not you, nor Cheundong, nor my family. I hope it’s just me. This is foul. Foul. So foul!”  he clenched his fist.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________

 

Dara found herself wandering inside Yunho’s room instead of confronting Jaejoong when she heard from Changmin that her boyfriend was sick. She tended him carefully and feasted her eyes with his handsome face. Just looking at him made her smile. As if every burden she have at the moment have been lifted. Lovingly, she traced his lips and giggle. After a while, she stopped herself from doing anything foolish and dragged her feet to the kitchen.

 

She felt lost with what to do. The utensils confused her. Of course she knew nothing about cooking. And her recent cooking lesson didn’t help anything at all because she just can’t. She just can’t learn to cook even though she tried her best for Yunho. It made her sigh.  

 

Then she thought of something brilliant. She rummaged Yunho’s kitchen and found what she was looking for; instant ramyun.  She even hummed her favorite DSBK song while waiting for the water to boil.

 

“You have this big problem and I am being a burden to you.” Yunho murmured and coughed. His hands were s on her waist stopping her from turning around.

“You’re not a burden” she assured him while trying to concentrate on boiling the ramyun. “But you’re not supposed to get up just yet.” she pouted thinking of his fever.

“You’re song lured me here. It gave me enough strength.”

With that, Dara blushed.

 

Yunho kept on staring at Dara while she prepared the table for him. The stare was just too much for the girl that she can’t help but feel her heart beat race. Eventually her cheeks turned red.

“What?” she pouted.

“My girlfriend is really pretty.” he . Dara covered her face in embarrassment.

“Yah!”

Yunho removed her hands from her face and looked at her seriously. “I’m supposed to be helping you with your burden and here I am adding it more.”

Dara smiled weakly her eyes drooping from all the stress she had, “I guess I love you more now that all I think about is you. That as I close and open my eyes, its still you. And even if there is more pressing matter than your fever, I think your fever is a death and life situation where I need to be with you. Isn’t that funny?”   

He pinched her nose and stared at her seductively. “Know what, I really wanna kiss you right now.”

Dara bit her lips and closed her eyes in embarrassment. “I think I’m fine catching your fever.”

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“What the heck are you doing here?!” it was the statement that welcomed Haejin upon entering Jae In’s room.

Jaejoong immediately hugged his sister protectively as if Haejin was there to kill her.

“I wanted to talk to you.” it was Haejin. He looked so bad. His eyes were dead. And his face was rough; evidently he hasn’t shaved for like a year.      

 

They went out and settled themselves at the vending machine. They both picked canned coffee.

Without a word, Haejin handed Jaejoong the letter.

“What’s this?” Jaejoong asked.

“Come on don’t deny it.” he said gritting his teeth.

Jaejoong smirked. His smirk died upon reading the letter. All of it. “If I’m right with what you’re thinking, the answer is not me.”

Haejin did not believe him. He clenched his fist and grabbed his collar. “Young man, if you’re going to revenge, just take it out on me. My family is out of question here.”

“I told you, it’s not me. Not when you’re sister is Dara.” he said calmly not even trying to wiggle free from his suffocating grasp.

Haejin let go of him and contemplated for a moment. The guy in front of him seemed sincere he thought. Due to the piled up emotion he had been keeping to himself, he punched the nearest wall his fist can reach.

“I guess you’ve wronged too many people.” with that, Jaejoong left him.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Yunho opened his eyes only to see Dara uncomfortably sleeping in a sitting position still holding his hand. Carefully, he freed his hands from her grasp. His girlfriend is so beautiful. So angel like. But the things that bothered her made some crease on her forehead which he didn’t like. He used his pointing finger to help her ease the crease and it magically did. Seeing the crease gone made him happy. But he did not welcome the thought. She can make him happy. Make him worry. Make him angry. And a lot more emotion he should not be feeling.

 

Yunho clenched his fist.

“I lost.” He mumbled. “You won. I already love you.” He bit his lips making it bleed and tuck her beside him carefully. “Just this night. Just this night, let me love you before I hate you again tomorrow.” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*A/N

I'm back..... waaaaah sorry for updating sooooooooooo late.  Please bare with me if I've been sooooooooo lazy lately. >.< hope this chap make it up. hopefully. again sorry.