First Love

Pieces of Lies

 

The bed was in a mess. The photo albums were scattered. Banners of Shinwa and FLNK were everywhere. The room was chaotic. Dara was still up. Her head spinning. She is so confused. She was so sure that “J” was her boyfriend, Yunho. The necklace, the silver shoe necklace she gave “J” on the day she left the hospital was dangling on his neck. Yunho was wearing the same necklace. And she knew she love him. Until today. She saw the real “J”. Or was he?  She closed her eyes and weighed everything.

Yunho wears the silver shoe necklace. Check!

Jonghyun wears the silver shoe necklace with her name engraved on it. Check!

Yunho is cool. Check!

Jonghyun is cool. Check!

Yunho makes her heart beat fast. Check!

Jonghyun makes hear heart beat fast. Check!

Yunho “tsk”. Big Cross!!

Jonghyun “tsk”. Check!

Jonghyun has their fifth grade picture. Check!

 

Dara sighed and screamed. She thought Yunho is J. But then Jonghyun never changed his name, and is the real J. He still does the creepy “tsk” thing. He still awes her. He is still a jerk. He still talks less. He still. He still.

DO I STILL LOVE HIM!? Dara asked herself. She closed her eyes. But all she see was J. The younger version. The one who makes her embarrass herself most of the time. The jerk that has a princely mask.

BUT YUNHO IS MY BOYFRIEND NOW!! Dara scold herself. But I love him because I thought he was J.

WHO IS THREATENING ME!? Dara blurted out so loud. Cheundong, who happened to be staying at their house too after promoting their third mini album, entered her room lazily.

“Noona!” he growled. “I want to sleep.”

Dara pouted. And closed the door again when Cheundong left it ajar. She lied on her bed and forced her eyes to shut. After an hour or two of trying, she went of to dream land. 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

“I’ll try to help you    -J”  it was the first text that Dara received when she woke up the next day.

Then photos of Dara in a mummified glory spread the internet along with a tag that says that this girl is not a bully. She is the one who got bullied.

YG made their statement too. YG asked the help of both the principals of Dara during her fifth grade and when she transferred to clear the matters out. Both of them stated the fact that Dara was a good student, and stays low profile. The principal from her fifth grade school added that Dara transferred due to bullying. That she was bullied which prompt her to transfer schools. YG also declared that they will sue whoever is trying to tarnish Dara’s name. Lastly, they explained that they wanted to omit the part that Dara was once bullied to protect her but the situation forced them to do it. 

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

Jiyong was laughing his heart out when Dara came.

“Ajumma. Congratulations!”  Dara cheerfully exclaimed. Before she could find her place beside Bom, she was dragged by Seungri to where Jiyong is. He showed her the picture of her mummified glory.

“Yah! Ajumma. It is rude to laugh at others misfortune.” she glared at him.

“That is what we are saying” both the girls and the boys chorused.

“It is just so funny. Look, santokki is almost wrapped here.” he pouted.

“Yah!” Dara stomped. She left Jiyong and headed towards Bom, “I am taking back my congratulations.” She faced Jiyong and stuck her tongue out on him.

Jiyong went serious. “You okay now?”

Dara didn’t answer instead she ignored him totally. 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

Her hands were sweaty. Her pulse was rising as much as her heart beats faster and faster. She was trying to call Yunho for almost five minutes already but Dara can’t find the confidence to dial the number. She was confused. Scared. And nervous of his reaction.

She loves him. Yes. But it was because she thought he was her first love. Finding out he isn’t that person made her doubt of herself. What made it complicated was that Jonghyun won’t give up on her. Will she tell him about him? She breathed.

“Thinking of eating the phone?” it was Jiyong.

Dara pouted and pointed towards him. He cheerfully aligned his index fingers to it. “Calling mothership?” he teased some more.

“Ajumma.” she sulked.

“Isn’t everything okay yet?”

She shook her head. “The rumors are gone.” he added.

“It is not about that.”

“What? The letter sender?”

“Yunho.” she ducked her head.

Jiyong turned to leave her. Quite annoyed of her answer.

“I found him. J” that stopped his tracks.

“J” he repeated.

She nodded. “I thought he was Yunho.”

Jiyong raised his brows. Questioning.

“He happens to wear the same necklace I gave J long time ago. But I was wrong. It’s not him. “

Jiyong sat beside Dara, both facing different direction. “I just found out yesterday.”

“And.”

“I am confused.”

“With?”

“Ajumma.” Dara pouted.

“What? I am listening.”

“I am confused if I really like Yunho. I thought. I really thought he was J.” she sighed.

“How was J like?” he asked.

“Still the same. He didn’t changed, just that he grow more awesome.”

“How do you feel about him?”

There was a long silence.

“I think I still like him like before.” she confessed.

“Are you saying that....” Jiyong stopped mid sentence.

Dara nodded. “But I am not sure. I am confused. J is pursuing me. I hate to admit but I like it.”

“Don’t toy with others feeling.” Jiyong muttered coldly and led Dara to the recording room where the girls are.