Just Too Much

Pieces of Lies

It was such a sight. Like someone has just died or a funeral is being heard. There were cries of mourn. Much of a wail. From Ji Hyo. From Haejin. And even from CL. Dara blinked her eyes thrice. Then asked weakly, “Why are you crying?”

 

“Dara!” Haejin exclaimed and hugged her ever so tightly. “I thought.... I thought...” he sobbed.

“Oppa, I can’t breathe...” she complained still oblivious of what has just happened.

“Oh~” Haejin let her go.

“Unnie~ why do you need to wake up at the last minute?” Minzy cried as CL patted her.

 

Dara looked at the persons before her. Haejin. Ji Hyo. CL. And baby Minzy.

 “What happened?” she asked.

Already sombre Haejin answered, “The doctor just told us that they will be ridding of your oxygen and dextrose and all those apparatus that supports you any minute now that it has already been 24 hours.” 

Dara was stunned. The realization hitting her, she has just woken up before the reaper took her.

“You bad girl! Making noona worry like this.” it was Ji Hyo.

Then Dara felt something was missing. There was just something that they were not telling her yet. Suddenly, she grabbed her sister in law’s hand, “Cheundong, our Cheundong...”

 

Their face fell. She felt her tears streaming down her eyes. “Bring me to him.” she pleaded.

“Let’s call the doctor first and have you checked up. Then let’s go and see him. Okay.” There was finality on her older brother’s word.

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________

______________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Her world crumbled. She felt like she died yet again. Not minding her brother’s band mate, she walked like zombie to her beloved younger brother.

 

His head was bandaged. Aside from that, there seems nothing wrong with him. He is just sleeping. She tried to convince herself. He’ll wake up soon. He’ll become his chic/ cool self again and will reply her text messages with oh~. Right, he will wake up. She reminded herself as she tried her best not to cry.

 

According to Haejin, Cheundong is in coma state. The fire did not in anyway harm him. In fact he did not get any burn at all unlike the rest of the MBLAQ boys who got some minor burns. But then it seemed like they have been tricked by badluck that Cheundong got his head knock down by the MBLAQ banner while escaping from the fire. The banner was nothing but steel chair where his head landed was something and to add it all, he was from a higher place when he lost his balance adding to the impact of his fall.    

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________

______________________________________________________________________________

 

   

How does it feel? It’s only the beginning. I’ll let you know what pain is. The same way you’ve taught me.

-J

Dara cried in frustration and fear. She thought ‘J’ had stopped. But this is just plain wrong. This is madness. What had she done to deserve this? And if she really did something terrible, why... why on Earth does ‘J’ need to include innocent people. And why Cheundong. No not Cheundong. Not her family. Please just her. She trembled.

 

 

 

She dialled his number feeling the need to unload and comfort. But in the end, she cannot bring herself to burden him much more. He is already worrying about her. Until they exchanged their goodnight she faked her enthusiasm. Unknowingly, she wasn’t able to end the call and left the phone beneath her wet pillow enough for him to hear her cry and sobs. “Not our Cheundong.” Yunho heard it all and has his heart squeezed.  The sobs ended as both their phone lost it’s light. Low Bat.

 

“Tokki.” it was Jiyong. He was taken aback to see her sob so bad. He went near her.

“Ajjuma.” she hugged him.

“It’s okay.” he hushed her as he caressed her back.

Slowly, she calmed down and stopped crying. When she’ finally somber, she hand her the letter. He flinched upon seeing it.

“Dara.” he gasped. “I thought it stopped.”

Dara shook her head. “I thought so too. Now that ‘J’ even harms my family”. She started crying again.

“Don’t you have any idea who this ‘J’ is?” he asked.

“Before I thought it’s my first love, that J whom I thought was Yunho. But then he isn’t since my first love is Jonghyun. And when I confronted him, he told me, his not this person.” she explained.

“Don’t you have anyone in mind that you have offended terribly before?”

“I don’t know. You know I’m more of a caveman before, not going anywhere besides home and school. So I think it’s more of, when I get into this industry.”

“Could it be an anti-fan?”

“I don’t think so.”     

“I think you’ve been tired enough. You should rest first. Uhm~” he helped her lie.

“Thank you ajumma. I must have saved the king before to have you as my bestfriend.” she mumbled as she closed her eyes.

Jiyong smiled bitterly as he lulled her to sleep. “Yeah~ bestfriend.”