His Soft Side

Pieces of Lies

The ruckus had died down a bit. Jiyong has been ceaselessly bombarded by questions from Seungri and even CL, albeit asking different question, he felt so tired. And to escape from their queries, he fleed and went to his sanctuary: the rooftop. He was still chased by the duo up until the stairs but he managed to close and lock the door before they were able to catch up. He sighed.

 

There he saw the very person he wanted to somehow avoid for sometime. It’s just painful for him seeing her knowing that she has already someone inside her heart. And the worst thing is that, she tells most of the details of her love life to him.  

 

“Ajumma!” Dara cheerfully greeted him.

“Hey!” he timidly replied.

“What happened this morning? CL is really ranting about it.” she asked.

“Nah~ its nothing.” he lied. Then upon realising something, he added, “talk about yourself. Where were you last night?”

“Oh~” Dara blushed and evaded his scrutinizing gaze.

“Tokki?” he asked. “Did you make some trouble?”

“Of course not!!” she vehemently denied and faced him so abruptly bumping his forehead when he inched himself closer to face her.

“Aw” they chorused rubbing their forehead.

Just then, Dara noticed Jiyong’s lips. It is quite swollen and there are visible cuts. She blushed upon remembering Yunho then she became concerned as to what happened to Jiyong. She was staring so intently that caught Jiyong’s attention.

“Tokki, are you fantazising my lips?” he half joked.

“Yah! Of course not.” she answered even shaking her head so vigorously.

“Did you fight with someone?” she pouted.

Jiyong scratched his head and bit his lips. When he was about to speak, Dara dashed off somewhere.

“That girl.” he murmured.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Jiyong seated himself on the bench and lied down with his hands on his eyes since the sun is up and blazing. He had a short nap and was awaken when he felt something on his lips. He bolted up so fast which caused him to end on the floor with sore behind.

“What are you doing?” he asked with his hands in combat position. He even added, “It is harassment!”

“Aigoo.” it was Dara.

“Tokki. What are you doing?”

“I am putting ointment on your lips when you made a fool on yourself.” she sarcastically answered.

 

At that Jiyong blushed. Dara tapped her legs indicating Jiyong to lie. He was hesitant at first but then he complied. She gently applied the ointment on his lips and put a band aid on it to hide the cuts. When she was finished and ready to get up, Jiyong did not budge.

“Ajjuma, I’m going.” she informed.

“Can we stay longer? Eh~”

“Ajjuma.”

“Just a minute more eh~” he pleaded.  

“Okay.”

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“And that’s a wrap!” it was the director of the cf.

Due to the skyrocketing number of Jaedy/ Jaedara or Jaejoong and Dara fans, they were able to lead the most popular ice cream commercial.

“You’ve worked hard everyone!” the director applauded and invited the staff and crew to a drink for their job well done.

“Thank you.” Dara and Jaejoong bowed at the same time.

“Can’t you join us?” the director asked Jaejoong once again.

“Sorry, I’d love to director but I have an emergency.” he apologized.

“So Darassi, you can’t pass this out right?”

“Director~” Dara awkwardly smiled. “Ne~” she then succumbed to his request.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Dara hurriedly run to their van to get her present for Yunho and pass it to Jaejoong since she can’t meet him due to the director’s request.

“Jaejoongssi!” she called Jaejoong as he manoeuvred his car. When he did not hear her, she rushed to the exit and waved her hands frantically. “Jaejoongssi. Jaejoongssi!”

He stopped abruptly just before the exit upon seeing Dara wave at him so eagerly.  

“Ne Darassi.” Jaejoong answered lowering his window.

“Can you give this to Yunhossi?” she asked eagerly.

“Ne?” he asked confused.

“I already texted him that I can’t meet him tonight, so will you please give this to him? Ne~” she explained.

“But~” he protested.

With that, Dara opened his car at the back seat and gently put the gift inside. However, when was about to get out, her skirt got stuck along with her heals. She tired so hard to pull them off but to no avail.

 

Just then Jaejoong received a call. All Dara heard was a frantic, “Ne!” and “I’ll be coming right up!” With a concerned and annoyed expression, he looked at Dara from the mirror. “What are you doing?”

“I can’t get off, I’m stuck.” she awkwardly explained.

“Dang!” he shouted in frustration. “I’m in a hurry Darassi, so will you please, please....” he paused and calm himself up. “I’ll give it to Yunho if I have a time, so can you go?” he said in between gritted teeth.

“I can’t. I’m stuck.” Dara almost cried.

“Dang!” he shouted again. “Just close the freakin door.”

“What?!”

When she didn’t move, Jaejoong angrily closed the door and step on the gas.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Dara was holding for her dear life as Jaejoong furiously drive the car to wherever their direction is. She was only able to breathe when Jaejoong stopped when the traffic light signalled red.

“Jaejoongssi.” she hesitantly called.

Jaejoong did not respond and remain impassive. He still seemed angry.

“Jaejoongssi, I forgot my phone. I need to contact my manager; he might be worried right now.”

She heard him sigh. Without turning back, he hand him his phone.

“Thank you.”

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“Were here.” Jaejoong finally spoke. “I’m in a hurry, so I’ll go first.” he said and left her in the parking lot.

 

Dara almost cried trying to get her skirt off. In the end, she discreetly undressed herself and with the little luck she have, a man passed by the car so she hid herself praying that the man leave. When the man left, she hurriedly pulled the skirt off. However, the skirt was somehow ripped because of the pull. It made her cry thinking how pathetic she is at the moment.  

 

Without a choice, she wore the dress even though it was ripped. She untied her hair and used the pin to mend her dress. Somehow, it looked fine. She sighed.

 

Dara is clueless as to where to look for Jaejoong. She asked the receptionist and was directed to the third floor of the institution. She was so clueless as to why Jaejoong would go and visit the place. It is not an ordinary hospital. From what she observed, most patients seemed ‘special’ like they have their own world. In other term: patients with mental problem.

 

She found Jaejoong standing near one of the door. He seemed so sad. With another look, she noticed the glittery thing flowing from his eyes. She turned back and let him have a time for himself. She killed time at the building’s lounge. And when she felt so bored, she bought coffee for both of them and decided to show up.

 

Jaejoong was not at the door anymore when she returned. She knocked softly. And when the door did not open, she let herself in since it is not locked. There Jaejoong was looking lovingly at the girl that was sleeping on the bed with their hands entwined. He did not look up not bothered by Dara’s presence.

 

The girl seemed so much like Jaejoong. The feminine Jaejoong, Dara thought. Without a word, she handed him the coffee which to her surprise, he received without resisting or nagging her first.

“Sorry.” she sincerely apologized for what happened.

He sipped the coffee and sighed. “I guess I’m at fault too.” He replied without meeting her eyes still focused on the girl.

“She’s so pretty.” she commented.

“Umh.” His face became soft. “She looks like an angel sleeping like this.”

“Umh.” Dara agreed, “Actually, she looked like you, just quite your softer counterpart.”

With her comment, Jaejoong looked up. It made Dara blink a little.

“I guess I really scared you back there huh.”

Dara bit her lips and answered truthfully. “Yeah”

And they both chuckled.

The night passed as they talk about what happened, eventually, they talked about the girl which happened to be Jaejoong’s older sister. As he told stories about her, his soft and loving side was revealed. Without a doubt, he loved his sister so much.