Silver Necklace

Pieces of Lies

 

Dara was in front of their old house. It was still the same. It looked as if it is still theirs. The way the landscape was built. The swing. Even the color of the house. But it doesn’t belong to them anymore. Still standing at the gate, she dialled Yunho’s number. He answered fast.

“Dara..” his voice was relieved.

She closed her eyes. Battling whether to ask him or not. Is he the one threatening him? But why would he do it? They... they are a couple. He was J. He even wears the silver necklace she gave him before. But why? What is the reason?

She weakly asked. “Is it you?”

“Dara-ah~ are you okay? Of course it is me, Yunho.”

She bit her lips that started to tremble. “Why?” she asked. The trembling was obvious. She closed her eyes. Unvoiced her mind, her heart, shouting, J.

“Where are you?” he said in a hurry. He sounded so worried and confused.

“In our house.” she answered weakly.  Then a click.

 

She was about to pass out when she heard a familiar “tsk”, and an arm around her waist supporting her. She tried to get a good look at the person. All she saw was the silver necklace glittering as the sun strike through it blinding her. She murmured, “J”. Then everything went blank.

 

There were pictures of Cn Blue plastered on every side of the room. On the door was a weird picture of a mummy. A guitar was neatly placed in a secured corner. Beneath it was a pile of CD arranged properly. On the ceiling were weird pictures. It was her pictures. Her elementary/ maybe her fifth grade pictures. They looked as if they were taken when she was not looking. Dara felt horrified, took a good look at the picture on the door. It was her. When she was at the hospital. It made her gape. Where is she? She moved her hands felt someone on the bed. Her eyes turned to saucer as she attacked the owner of the body.

“Who are you!?” she screamed covering her body with the nearest pillow.

“Tsk.” she heard it again. Her heart skipped a bit. “So noisy.” the person mumbled.

“You!” she pointed at him. She looked at him carefully, making her eyes as small as slits. “Cn Blue?” she added after awhile then cheerily said, “Jonghyun of Cn Blue.”

She heard him “tsk” again. She pouted, then realization came, “You are my stalker?” she even put her hands on .

At that, he laughed so hard, it even made him clutch his stomach.

“What did you do to me?” she asked.

He flicked her head. Hurt was evident on his face. He got up and fixed his hair. “Are you okay now?”

She blinked once then twice. “Maybe, if you didn’t do anything to me.”

He just grinned at that.

 

Dara noticed his necklace. She eyed it carefully. When it was not enough, she moved closer him, touching the necklace. It has caught him of guard. Slowly, she caressed the necklace and flipped it backwards. There she saw what she was looking for. Her engraved name: Sandara. They both froze. And awkward.

“Jonghyun.” she almost whispered, meeting his eye without holding back.

He grinned followed by his trade mark, “tsk”.  “Is it only now that you realized?”

Dara bowed her head thinking. “I thought...” she stopped mid sentence. He raised his brows, then she mumbled getting away from him, “It can’t be.”

Jonghyun shrugged his shoulders. Fixed Dara’s hair slowly. Smoothened her crumpled dress. “Will we be seeing more of each other now?” he asked full of hope.

Dara faced him. “Are you really J, my fifth grade classmate?”

“Yes.”

“But why?”

He looked at her first calculating. “Disappointed?”

She fished something from her pocket and showed him the first letter she received from “J”. She had already suspected that Yunho, whom she believed to be “J” was the one sending threats. But now that Jonghyun, her first love was the real “J”, she wanted an answer to her piling questions. An explanation.

He looked at the letter intently. She saw something unreadable in his eyes. Was it hurt? Anger. She doesn’t know.

“You are as clueless as before.” he tucked her free hair behind her ears. “Why would I do this to someone I like?”