Hiatus

Pieces of Lies

 

It is not the first time she received a letter. As a matter of fact, she is so tired of it. All she wanted was quiet and peaceful life with her laptop. But thanks to them, she had a very hard and noisy life. Today, yet again, she received a bloody red letter.

“You are his sister right? Can you give it to oppa? Ye~” the skinny girl even made an aegyo.

She sighed and unwillingly accepted the letter without responding. Unknown to her, she was being watched. On her way back to her room, a hand grabbed her and just then, she found herself in the male’s comfort room. She wriggled free but the girl was stronger than her. Before she could even yell for help, was already covered.

“Give it to me!” the girl she recognized as one of those who had once asked her to pass a bloody red letter to her brother demanded.

She just blinked not so sure of what to do.

“Yah!” the girl shouted even hit her on the head. “You babo! Aish!”

“Yeah~” she asked scratching her head.

“Aish! The letter babo!”

She frantically fished the letter from her pocket and gave it to the girl. The girl smirked at her.

“Good girl. Oh~ don’t you ever dare try to pass other letter to your brother except the letter that I give you.” the girl threatened.

She just blinked and sighed. The next thing she knew the girl was gone while pieces of the torn letter was scattered. She was about to get out when one of the door opened. She ducked her head out of embarrassment and quickly went out of the comfort room. She noticed the red J stitched on his  P.E.  shoes he was wearing and saw nothing of his face since she hurriedly run to save her face, if she still have left to save.   

She was off to lalala land while the teacher was discussing the lesson. She was cursing her brother for being so popular and handsome. She hated the fact that girls harass her just to make her pass their letter to her brother. Even threatened her just like this awful day.

“That playboy.” she sighed.

 

A ball pen landed on her feet. She glanced at her seatmate, Jonghyun, the ever mysterious and handsome Jonghyun listening to his mp3 while keeping an eye to the teacher. He looked at her too then looked at the ball pen on her feet. He just slightly moved his head indicating that she needs to hand it to him. So she complied. She picked the ball pen, it was then that she realized that he wears the exact red shoe with J stitched on it. She pouted. Then gave the ball pen to him. He just stared at her then went back to listening to his mp3 player. It made her wonder how Jonghyun tops the class when he is just like her, off to lalala land when the teacher is discussing. He is just great. Handsome, mysterious, and... but his oppa is better.

 

Late that afternoon, she hurriedly went outside to get back home early. But then she was suddenly dragged into a secluded corner in their campus. The skinny girl earlier who gave her a letter which was unfortunately torn into pieces slapped her hard on the face. She looked so bad. Her eyes were red and puffed. Probably, she cried her eyes out.

“Why did you do that!” the girl screamed.

“Sorry.” she almost whispered knowing full well that maybe the girl knew what happened to the letter. How she found out, she doesn’t want to know.

The skinny girl suddenly grabbed her hair and ranted. She ranted on how she poured her heart out in that letter. On how she had eye bags just to make it pretty and perfect. On how it was murdered by her. On how she trampled her by scattering its pieces in the comfort room. That if not for her brother, she wouldn’t have known. And so on. But she did not just stood there letting the skinny girl pull out all her hair. Of course she protected herself. That afternoon, she felt strong. She felt the urgency to watch his Shinwa oppa sing and dance. So with all her strength she mustered, she pulled the skinny girl away from her even bit her arms. She knew there would be blood. But she cared less. She felt herself feeling shaky and tired. As she was about to be washed out by the skinny girl’s mob of friends, a hand rescued her and quickly fix her into that person’s bike. Then she passed out.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

The late morning light woke Jiyong. He slept so late the other day that used all his energy and it made him so tired to open his eyes when daylight came.

 

He sprinted his way to the girl’s dorm as soon as he heard the news from Seungri. Dara was again the topic of the poll, tabloids and even topped the search engine. Maybe even twitter was bombarded by disappointment, opinions and bad mouthing on Dara. After the fake picture, a video of an unknown fifth grade classmate of Dara got spread on the internet. The said to be classmate claimed that Dara bullied her. Even showed a picture of Dara red handed. Her pulling the hair of the said classmate.

 

“Tokki!”

It was Bom who opened the door. She has dark circles around her eyes and munching a corn.

“Ji..” she murmured sleepily. Jiyong just passed by her not even letting her finish uttering his name.

“Oppa!” Minzy welcomed him in her pajama. “You are not supposed to be here.”

“Oh~” Chaerin agreed, still lying in the bed, eyes half closed.

“Dara, where is she?” he asked instead.

Chaerin’s eye fluttered open. “You’ve heard.”

“Oh~ is she okay.” Jiyong continued to search for Dara.

“She is on leave.” Minzy offered something to drink. “You’re still in your sweat pants. And your shoes...”she commented.

Both Chaerin and Bom looked at Jiyong. He was still in his sweat pants, his hair in a mess, his shoes were mismatched. In short, he is in a total wreck.

Bom seated herself to the sofa and dropped her corn in the trashcan. “If you want to see Dara, she is in her hometown.”

Minzy nodded. While Jiyong stopped looking around for Dara and slumped himself beside Chaerin who started fixing herself. “Oppa, she is going to be fine. Focus on your album.”

Jiyong just looked at her. “But why are you still sleeping with all this happening?” he asked.

“The news broke out in the morning when you were sleeping, and we tried salvaging it along with sajangnim and Dara. We decided to let Dara have a rest, and we need it too. Remember we had our late night visit on the radio.”

Jiyong sighed.

“She received another letter as a warning yesterday.” Bom spookily said. All eyes focused on her. She handed it to Minzy, and the latter handed it to Chaerin and Jiyong.

It reads:

 

You’re not all that pretty face. It is about time to show the real you.

-J

Just like the first two letter, they were hand written. And were written in red blood ink and a familiar scent. A manly soap.

“J”  Jiyong murmured.