Rainy Night

Pieces of Lies

It was raining cats and dogs. Jia and Junno pouted as they wait eagerly for their mother. Jia beamed and waved when she saw the familiar van stopped infront of them while on the other hand Junno sulked. His annoyance so visible.

“I don’t like him.” he huffed.

“But I am really cold. Come on~” Jia convinced him.

The man inside the van waved at them and smiled. Jia run at full speed to their teacher and due too her excitement her voice was so loud, “Teacher our uncle has come to fetch us. Bye~~~” she run again without hearing her teacher’s warning. “Jia, you can’t go just yet!”

But Jia and Junno were already out of earshot and have already boarded the van.

“Uncle, you got wet.” Jia commented as the van made its way out of the school.

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Dara watched as the rain fall from outside the window. Every drop made that recurring sound that has eventually became music to her ears. Every now and then, the waiter would ask her about her order and would go without writing anything but cold water. But by the time the waiter asked again, she answered a hot chocolate.  He was late. She murmured. She sipped her hot chocolate and sigh.

 

She felt something on her cheeks and she eventually light up forgetting the line she has been memorizing to nag Yunho. 

“Sorry. I’m late.” Yunho smiled and gave her another peck on the cheeks. Dara pouted.

“Its okay.” Dara bit her lips realising how easily she forgave him.

“Aren’t you going to ask me why?” he asked while trying to wipe the smudge on her face.

“Why?”

At that he chuckled. And Dara blushed. She fished something at her bag and looked for the gift she prepared for him when her cell phone caught her eye. It was in silent mode so she didn’t hear that her brother has been calling for the nth time already. In panic she answered his call.

 

“Ne~”

At the other side of the table, Yunho mouthed, “Who?”

Dara’s eyes widen as her older brother spoke. Yunho sensed her fear so he moved towards her and held her free hand.

“No. Jia and Junno are not with me.” she said, her voice trembling. Then she asked “What happened?”

Yunho didn’t hear everything but from Dara’s end, he quite get that Jia and Junno are missing.

“It’s going to be okay Dara~” Yunho calmed her and let her lean on him. “Let’s go look for them okay~”

“Hmm~” Dara answered listlessly, her mind thinking of different possible scenario. The rain stopped outside but Dara’s eyes were opposite. Her tears then started invading her eyes staining her cheeks. Yunho wiped it for her. He kissed her on her forehead and gave her a warm assuring hug.

 

   ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

That very night, Dara and Yunho searched everywhere to find Jia and Junno. Dara wracked her brain to think of possible places the twins could have gone but she couldn’t think of any. She wanted to stop her tears from coming but they just won’t. She was just so thankful that Yunho was with her. His presence somehow assured her. Just then she remembered the teacher telling that the twins were fetched by their uncle. At first she thought it was Cheundong but it is impossible because he was still in coma at the hospital. Then she thought of Bigbang. They were in good terms with the twins.

 

Without thinking twice, she dialled Jiyong’s number.

“Ajjumma.”

“Ne~ tokki. It’s kinda late you know.” Jiyong answered right away.

“Umh~ aren’t you with the twins? Or any of the Bigbang?”

“Why? NO? Something happened?” he asked back sensing something wrong.

 

Without a warning or goodbye, she ended the call which made Jiyong’s suspicion worst. For the nth time, Dara felt her eyes watering.

 

“We are going to find them~” Yunho assured her and entwined his hand with hers.

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Ji Hyo was in a mess while her husband protectively held her hand. They have already decided to report to the police.

Dara and Yunho rushed to the station to met them. Upon seeing Haejin, Dara immediately hugged her older brother trying to comfort him but in reality, it was her who needs comforting. She then turned to Ji Hyo who seemed to have her soul leave her body. Dara tried to look and sound calm the best that she can and mimicked the words that Yunho has been telling her over and over while she cries, “We are going to find them Ji Hyo unnie.” But the twins’ mom remained unresponsive.    

 

 

 

“Tokki!”

They all turned to the door hearing Jiyong. Dara immediately run to him and hugged him just like how she used to do whenever she felt like everything is wrong. Jiyong returned the hug and caressed her back.

 

Yunho witnessed it. He felt like grabbing Dara away from the man but did otherwise. Instead he locked eyes with Jiyong trying to convey him his dangerous message to get his hands off his girlfriend. But the guy didn’t budge and continued Dara’s back.

“How is the search going?” it was Jiyong.

Instead of answering Dara asked, “How do you know we are here?”

“I just figured.” He smiled then pouted,”By the way tokki, did you just hang up on me?”

Momentarily, Dara forgot about the problem at hand and broke their hug. “Ajjuma” she hissed.

“There you smiled.” He teased. And they both stifle their impending chuckle.

Jiyong then went to his hyung and tapped his shoulders. “How is everything hyung?”

“I don’t know. But thanks Jiyong.” Haejin replied while helping his wife to sit.

 

 

They seated themselves at the waiting area of the police station. Dara and Yunho were seated together while Jiyong, Ji Hyo and Haejin were seated opposite the couple facing them.

 

Jiyong couldn’t help but look Dara and Yunho’s entwined hands. He felt his heart torn and looked away only to be caught by Yunho. He wanted to avert his gaze but Yunho looked at him dangerously holding his gaze. The man just let the staring battle go when Dara fell asleep.

 

Yunho carefully moved Dara and let her lean to his broad shoulders. He looked at Jiyong first as if teasing him before giving Dara a peck on her forehead, his eyes still locked on the poor guy whose heart have been crushed over and over again that night.