Confrontation

Pieces of Lies

Cheundong was still lying on his bed. He was still unconscious. But despite that fact, he was still chic and prince-like. Ji Hyo sighed. The park’s maknae has always been good to her. And because of that, he has become so close to her heart as much as her own kids.

 

 

 

A soft knock stopped her thoughts and smiled thinking it must be Dara again. She opened the door and was quite surprised to see the visitor.

“Come in.” she welcomed the visitor.

“Ne~ annyeonghasseo.” Jaejoong politely greeted Ji Hyo before coming in. He looked around the room only to find the person he was looking for not inside. Awkwardly, he placed the fruits he brought at the table.

“I didn’t know Cheundong was good friends with TVXQ too.” it was Ji Hyo.

Jaejoong smiled. “Not really, it’s just that I’m a friend of Dara that’s why.”

“OH~” Ji Hyo smiled meaningfully making him blush. “Dara will visit any minute now.” she even added.

“It’s not what you think it is.” he vehemently tried to stop Ji Hyo from further thinking things. But the beautiful mother just laughed it off.

 

They both turned their heads to the door when it opened.

“Oh~ our Cheundong have a visitor.” it was Haejin. Jaejoong bowed politely at him. While Ji Hyo was discreetly laughing.

“Actually, I was here to talk to Haejin hyung.” Jaejoong said seriously and the atmosphere became tense. Ji Hyo looked from her husband to their visitor and was feeling a bit off about the way Jaejoong looked at her husband.

“Oh I see. Should we talk over coffee?” Haejin accepted Jaejoong’s invitation to talk and nodded at his wife before leaving.

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 “What is it that you wanted to talk about?” Haejin asked not meeting Jaejoong’s scornful eyes and focused on the coffee he was sipping.

“Why?” the younger guy answered the question with yet another question. His hand was trembling with anger under the table.

Haejin looked up and observed Jaejoong. He felt himself looking at someone familiar. Someone too familiar which made his heart sink.

“Why?” he asked back pretending not to understand what Jaejoong was saying.

“Jae In. Does the name ring a bell?”

“Jae In.” Haejin murmured. His eyes turned misty and to hide it from the guy in front of him he looked away pretending to look at the running kids with their mom catching up to them. “I guess it does.” He sipped his coffee once again.

“Then I am asking you why. Why did you do that to her?” it was Jaejoong. His voice already trembling.

“You’ve grown to be as good looking as her. Actually you looked quite like her.” The comment made Jaejoong lose his temper. Without realizing it he already hit the table so hard. People from the coffee shop turned to look at their direction and he immediately gazed down while adjusting his cap mumbling “sorry for the disturbance”

“You evil person. Why did you ask her to abort her child, your child? Do you even know what happened to her after! ” Jaejoong clenched his fist.

“I guess the talk you want was my apology and my explanation?”

Jaejoong didn’t answer. He gulped his remaining coffee in one go to calm himself.   

“You won’t hear any explanation from me, because for you it won’t mean anything but excuses. But I am deeply sorry.” he said in a remorseful tone.

 

 

Jaejoong closed his eyes while biting his lips bitterly. He just wanted to land a punch on the guy’s face so badly. The very guy who turned his only family, his beloved older sister into a ‘special’ person. The very person who stole his sister’s dream. And his dream.

“I really don’t why I came here. And why I even bother. Just be thankful that you have a good hearted sister.” he stated and started to leave.

“If you want revenge, throw it all up on me and I would accept it all. Just don’t hurt my family. They don’t know a thing. Throw it all on me.” Haejin pleaded as he gripped Jaejoongs hand firmly to stop the guy from walking out before finally letting go of him.

 

When Jaejoong was gone, a tear escaped his eye. “He looked so much like you Jae In ah~” he fished a handkerchief from his pocket and felt the letter he so badly wanted to throw just before he found Jaejoong visiting the hospital.  The letter reads:

 

How was Thunder? It was only the start. Just wait and I’ll teach you pain the way you taught me how.

-J

 

He crumpled it and whispered, “I’ll take all the revenge so please just throw it all on me and not my family.”