Letting Go

Pieces of Lies

She was watching tv when she noticed the familiar necklace dangling on one of the trainee of SM. Her heart became erratic. She never knew she’d ever she him again.

He still looked so handsome. She thought. Yet somehow, he seemed to change so much appearance wise, or has he just grown so fast that some traces of his childhood were erased? But then seeing that he still wears the necklace made her happy.

From then on, she rooted for him. For Yunho.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

He was anxious. It has been months since she has contacted him. And it was the first time she initiated it.

 

While waiting, he happily browsed the pictures he had secretly taken. From then till now, she still has that clumsiness. And cuteness. Jonghyun smiled. He then instinctively touched the necklace she gave him. It brought back memories.

 

“Hi.” Dara greeted upon arriving.

He coolly smiled at her and helped her seated. Dara seemed to be nervous about something.

“Isn’t the weather nice?” he asked to break the ice.

“Uhm.” Dara dared not to look at him in the eye. “Actually, I have something to tell you.” She added.

He waited. Deep down, he knew what she is going to say. He has prepared for it, but then somehow he felt like wavering with his resolve. He fixed his hair and stood up holding out his hands.

“Can I hear it later?” he asked.

“Eh~”

“I really wanted to go somewhere today. Will you accompany me?”

 

It felt like yesterday. Memories flooded as Jonghyun ride the bike with Dara. Seeing her enjoying the ride made him quite fine. His resolve becoming firm again. I can’t let her lose that smile out of my selfishness he told himself.

 

They sat at the bench when they both felt tired. He offered her cold bottled water and she cheerily accepted it.

 

She watched him as he slowly gulp the water. It made her blush and looked away, then looked again upon gazing at the necklace. He noticed her staring him which made him smile.

 

“I know I’m handsome.”

“Eh~”

Jonghyun laughed heartily seeing her flustered.

“I can still keep this right?” he asked seriously indicating the necklace.

“Uhm.” Dara responded, then added, “It looks good on you.”

 

After a moment of silence, Dara played with the empty bottle of water.

“Can I say it now?” she asked.

“Tsk.”

“I...” Dara started however, she was interrupted by another “tsk” of Jonghyun.

“I know.” he said. “Better not regret it.”

Dara sheepishly smiled. “Sorry.”

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

He wept once she was gone. He let his tears run freely thinking that it will be the last time. A sour smile escaped his lips thinking of what ifs. Of his regrets. Of not looking for her sooner. But it was all too late for that. Their love story has ended. And he too should move forward. He just wished her happiness. And he made himself promise not to let go once he found a new love. He then smiled bitterly again, if he could, if he could love again when he has invested so much on his first love.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

It was his second sip of the wine when Yunho heard something from outside the cottage. He went out still holding his glass. A smile formed on his lips upon seeing his visitor. Dara.

 

Her head was low. And she doesn’t seem to plan on leaving from her spot. Just looking down the floor. Just then Yunho gave her a warmth welcoming hug. Maybe a little much as he seemed to hug her tighter than normal making it hard for her to breath.