Second Letter

Pieces of Lies

 

He was standing at the same place that brought him solace. He let his hair dance as the air blows gently. From where he is, the tall buildings greet him. People looked like ants. And the busy streets were like miniature doll house as they looked so small from up the rooftop.

He felt a presence of another person waking him from his reverie. There she is. He found her amazed at the orange butterfly. It flew and . She crouched her nose. Then for a fleeting second, it came back again and rested on her shoulders, yet it was unknown to her.  So she stayed frowning.

He walked towards her and slowly lured the orange butterfly to land on his ready fingers. And it did. Upon her excitement, Dara screamed. “Jiyong ajumma! You found back my butterfly!” 

Jiyong grinned. Then pouted the moment the butterfly went off because of her scream. “You scared it.” He nagged.

Instead of a pouty and annoyed face he expected, her face is painted of worry. “You’re hands.”

She fished for a band aid from her pocket and carefully fixed his bruised knuckles. “Did you get into a fight?” this time it was her turn to nag.

“It’s just a scratch.”

She eyed him and sighed, “Aigoo!”

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

 

There was another letter. It smelt of liquor. And it was tainted with smear of blood. It says another threat. And that later, she will pay because the anonymous letter sender is about to destroy her. She shivered.