Bossy

Traits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“One ice cappuccino please and add it with caramel syrup and whip cream,” Tiffany said to the bartender behind the table. She ended her order with a sincere smile.

 

Her mood was behaving nicely since the moment she opened her eyes this morning. The weather is bright with the light of the sun slightly hidden by the clouds. She too wore matching and stylish attire today with a pinch of additional pink on her blazer and purse. Today would be her payday and since it’s already 11 am, the good amount of salary should have been transferred to her bank account. She was one of the Project Managers for the South Korean area branches and her company focused on the E-Commerce business, selling about all of the fashions for both women and men.

 

To add more reasons to her seemingly good mood, this month would also be the month when she would receive her yearly bonus from her company. Last year she got 5 times her salary as her bonus and if her intuition didn’t betray her, she would receive more amount than what she got last year. No, she hadn’t checked her bank account through her mobile phone but the happy news coming from her kakao groups/groups from work was enough to strengthen her theory.

 

“Here is your order, Mam.” The voice came from the cute man in front of her returned her back from her innocent musing.

 

“Thank you. Here are some tips for you.” She wasn’t used to be this kind but hey, this is a happy day so she got every right to be kinder than her usual self the other days.

 

“OH MY GOD!! I AM SORRY!!” Tiffany wasn’t aware of what was happening until she felt coldness around her body; stomach area to be more precise. She looked down and found her supposed to be a white shirt and black blazer with few lines of pink changed color into brownish ones.

 

“…..” Tiffany was still speechless and found her happiness slowly but sure excused itself, leaving the foul mood to stay with her.

 

“Are you blind or something?! How could you so carelessly walk without having both of your eyes opened!!” Tiffany yelled to the culprit who turned out to be a woman, slightly shorter than her by 2 inches with jet black hair.

 

“I am so sorry. I was in a hurry that I didn’t see you were in front of me.” The woman bowed that Tiffany couldn’t see her face that clearly.

 

“Do you think it’d be my business whether you are in hurry or not?! Look at my dirty clothes! It looks so gross now!” Tiffany showed a disgusting face. Her smile had turned into a frown and her happiness had transformed into anger.

 

“I will pay for your laundry bills. Just leave me your number and I will immediately contact you.” The woman who ran into her finally looked up and Tiffany got a chance to see her face. The woman had thin pinkish lips, a well-shaped nose, doe eyes, and brown eyebrows.

 

“How can I be so sure you will contact me after? Heck, I don’t believe this stain can be removed.” Tiffany rolled her eyes annoyingly. Her bad sides which had been tried to be buried over years slowly resurfaced.

 

“I see. Then here is my business card. You can contact me about the laundry bills. If it turned out that the stain stays, I will buy you the new shirt and blazer, maybe not with the same brands and models but I will try my best to look something similar to it.” The woman hurriedly rummaged her purse and took out her business card to give it to Tiffany.

 

“Kim Taeyeon. Commercial Senior Manager of xxx company. So you are rich, huh? Nevermind. Keep it. It’s not like I am a mendicant that I cannot afford this kind of clothes again. I hope to never see you again and be careful next time.” Tiffany scoffed and walked away, didn’t forget to put the business card on the table, emphasizing her mistreatment of the woman called Taeyeon.

 

Tiffany threw the remaining of her ice cappuccino in the trash bin before she made a call to her work colleague, informing them that she wouldn’t go back to the office after lunch because of the café incident. She too asked her friend to just rearrange the meeting for tomorrow morning or maybe after lunch if she woke up late.

 

That was Tiffany for you. She wasn’t actually a bad woman but she grew up being spoiled by her father. Her mother left her to heaven when she was still in elementary school and her s with her siblings were too far away. Her older sister got married when she was still in junior high school while her older brother got married when she just entered senior high school. They left home; her sister lived in Europe while her brother in Philipines, leaving her only with her father in the U.S.

 

Her father was a lawyer, a famous one indeed. He was paid a high salary, making him able to spoil Tiffany and fulfill whatever the girl needed. He bought Tiffany a luxurious two-seats car as her 18th birthday gift and not to mention the huge party where almost half of her college friends were invited. Thus, she ripened as a spoiled, arrogant, bossy young woman with the proverb of her life; what Tiffany wanted, what Tiffany got.

 

In the age of 21, she was graduated from the university. She took Business Management as her department back in college. Her father asked her to just work with him so she wouldn’t need to waste the time and effort to apply and seek jobs. Tiffany had considered it so many times and had asked for advice from her best friends about it. Sunny, one of her entrusted best friends advised her not to stay in U.S because if she insisted to accept her father’s offer, she wouldn’t ever be able to be independent and would be forever dependent on her father.

 

It took her a long long time to convince her father that it would be okay for her to live alone. She followed Sunny and flew to South Korea. Sunny’s parents lived in Korea and her parents were willing to let Tiffany stay with them as the woman tried to find a decent and nice place to live in. Tiffany accepted the proposal and left her father in the U.S. Almost 10 years past since then and she now lived alone in a grand apartment in the center of Seoul.

 

She met new friends as years gone by. She joined her current company 6 years ago, after moving from companies after companies. She started as a staff and only within those years, she had managed to escalate her position into Project Manager. In her company, she made many new friends such as Yoona and Yuri. 3 years after she entered the company, she helped Sunny to join her company, leaving her working under the same building and the same company.

 

Yes, her personal attitudes probably were hard to accept but her professional attitudes were much different from that. Back at work, she was known as a perfectionist, responsible, high-achiever, and hard-worker. However, she was lack one thing; she barely could be an on-time person. Her habit that was impossible to be changed would be her wake up time.

---

 

“Hello~~” Tiffany’s slurred voice answered the phone.

 

“YAAH!! WAKE UP YOU SLEEPY HEAD!!” Tiffany cringed hearing the scream just after she woke up. Her soberness wasn’t even able to gather into her sleepy body.

 

“Shusshh.. Stop yelling, Sunkyu-aah~ It’s too early.” Tiffany mumbled. Her breath slowed down and eventually, sleepiness took her sanity.

 

“EARLY MY !! IT’S 8.15 AM FOR GOD’S SAKE!! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?! YOU HAVE MEETING AT 9!!” The blaring voice and the truth that Sunny just elaborated made all of her sleepiness go away in an instant.

 

“What!?” Tiffany sat up, taking her clock on the table, and goggled her eyes out.

 

“Don’t What me! I don’t care how but you have half an hour to get ready and 15 minutes to reach the meeting room. BYE!” The phone hung up and Tiffany in a flash got down from her bed and ran to the bathroom.

 

She had a quick bath, didn’t even bother to wash her hair, and chose to just use hair tonic instead. Washing her hair meant more time to blow dry it and she had no time for it. It took her only 10 minutes until she had had her working attires on. She applied some BB Cream, eyeliner, and lipstick. She thought to just employ the finishing later in the car. She walked briskly to the front door, didn’t forget to take her phone, the charger, and her wallet beforehand. She gasped for breath while inside the elevator. She took a quick glance and slightly happy that she was already in the lobby in less than 20 minutes. It’s a miracle!

 

She decided not to bring her car today and just chose a taxi. If she did, then she couldn’t apply the rest of her outstanding makeup on her face. The facial appearance was important for her. She had to look beautiful and astounding. The meeting held in a moment would be between her company and her future vendor. There would be 4 vendors today and one of them would be awarded as the winner and responsible to provide the services of goods shipped to customers.

 

Fortunately, the distance between her company and her apartment wasn’t that far, moreover when it’s supported with kind-hearted traffic. She added more money as tips for the driver before she got off of the taxi car. Today would be busy because it’d be full of meetings with vendors as a continuation of the sequential tendering process. She would be the user while Sunny acted as a procurement who would help her to decide the winner of the tender later.

 

“Yes yes I am in the lobby waiting for the elevator right now.” Tiffany got another phone call from no other but her beloved procurement.

 

“Sheesh!! It’s not even 9 and she was already that nosy.” Tiffany grumbled under her breath. She quickly pressed close button when she was inside the elevator, preventing her from delaying her arrival to her company’s floor.

­­---

 

“I have told you so many times not to be late for today! You were late during the pre-bid meeting last week and now you’re almost late again.” Sunny welcomed her with her ramblings as soon as she entered the meeting room.

 

“Focus on the word ‘almost’ please? At least I am already here and it’s not even 9 yet.” Tiffany replied.

 

“Fine fine. Anyway, you know what’s the agenda of today right?” Sunny asked. The smile had returned to her face. She was Tiffany’s best friend anyway so when the arguments related to work had done, she would be back to her kind normal self.

 

“Hmm.. The vendors would present about the operating plan they already proposed for the tender right?” Sunny smiled and nodded her head.

 

“Good. The next question would be, have you read the operational proposal books from them?” Sunny raised one of her eyebrows in an annoying manner.

 

“Errr.. Well you know that I am smart, blessed with amazing intelligence from God above that-“

 

“Fine fine fine. Stop being arrogant~~” Tiffany chuckled hearing the statement.

 

“Just ensure you will hear the proposal meticulously. No phone allowed during their presentation. Got it?”

 

“Yes, boss!!” Tiffany saluted.

 

“Chohee, ask the first vendor to come in.” Sunny talked to the receptionist.

 

“By the way, I have faith you haven’t had your breakfast so here, I bought you a sandwich and coffee to freshen up yourself from your heavy sleepiness.” Sunny presented the brown paper together with the coffee cup from Tiffany’s favorite brand.

 

“Thank you, Bunny! Remind me to treat you to a delicious lunch later!!” Tiffany excitedly opened the paper and had a bite of her tuna sandwich.

 

“Tsk! I wonder how your personality can be easily flipped just because of simple things.” Sunny murmured.

 

“Well, simple things are meaningful most of the time.” Tiffany replied and continued eating as she waited for the first candidate.

---

 

There were already 3 vendors conducted presentation regarding their operational proposals that they would execute should they were chosen as the winner of the tender. One was a local vendor, focusing on warehouse and inventory management yet they were ready to expand their business to shipment services. However, based on the way they answered the questions Tiffany threw, both Tiffany and Sunny just knew they didn’t have many links needed for abroad shipments and customs services.

 

The second one specialized in light vehicle rental. The third one was the most compatible for Tiffany’s company so far, yet since the company came from abroad along with the fact that that they didn’t have all required equipment, it made the bid data sheet slash proposed cost was higher than Owner Estimation/cost prepared by Tiffany’s company to use the vendor’s services.

 

Tiffany decided to have a lunch break right after they were done with the third vendor. The meeting was attended by Tiffany as the user, Sunny as the lead procurement, Jangmi as the procurement staff, Yunho as HSE Representative from Tiffany’s company, Sehun as Legal, and Suho as Senior Manager from Tiffany’s division.

 

“What do you think of the candidates so far?” Suho asked the audience.

 

“I don’t think the business license from the first company is in accordance with the services we need them to provide so I am certain to say we need to eliminate the first vendor as a candidate for our contractor.” Sehun stated confidently

 

“Are you sure? Because eliminating with baseless reasons is a violation.” Sunny asked for confirmation.

 

“100%” Sehun answered.

 

“Okay. I will have the vendor crossed out then.” Sunny typed on her laptop.

 

“What is your opinion about the second vendor?” Suho asked again. The next meeting with the vendor wouldn’t occur until an hour from now so he utilized the time to review the previous meetings.

 

“Obviously, the risks for light vehicle rental is different from the risks for our services. As far as I concern, the risks for the light vehicle is medium risks with the highest risks would be fatality by the incident but the risks for our company would be fatality involving many people at a time. We need multiple types of shipments; land, air, and sea. To conclude it all, I really think the second candidate is suitable for us.” Yunho exclaimed.

 

“Fine. When it comes to safety, I cannot say anything. It’s the priority above all so I shall immediately eliminate them if that’s alright with you Sir and Tiff.” Sunny responded.

 

“I agree. You can eliminate them.” Tiffany nodded her head, followed by Suho.

 

“That leaves us only with the third vendor. No matter how appropriate this vendor is, the fact that they offer us an unreachable cost can not be erased. I truly hope the last vendor would be the best amongst all.” The others could only nod their heads as approval.

 

“Hello. Chohee, has the last vendor come?” Sunny talked on the phone; loudspeaker.

 

“Yes, Mrs. Sunny. But there is only one person, a woman if I may add.” Chohee informed

 

“It’s okay. Ask her in.” Sunny ended the conversation.

 

“Woman and alone? Uhh I like that~” Sehun jokingly said.

 

“Tiffany is a woman, alone, and single too. Don’t you like it?” Sunny teased.

 

“I like it! But well, I don’t think she likes me.” Sehun threw a quick glance at Tiffany.

 

“Glad you knew it.” Tiffany flatly answered. Laughters soon heard from the meeting room, bullying and mocking Sehun.

 

“Excuse me.” The voice distracted them and automatically seized their attention to the source of the voice itself.

 

“Oh. Good afternoon. Please come in.” Sunny stood up, followed by others. Tiffany, like others, tried to see the face of the vendor’s representative just to be startled. It was after all the same woman who clumsily ran after her and dirtied her clothes. How could she forget when the event took place just the day before?

 

“My name is Kim Taeyeon and I am the representative for Sone Integrated Logistics.” Taeyeon genuinely offered her hand and shook the hands of the audience one by one.

 

“My name is Suho. Please to meet you.

 

“My name is Sunny.”

 

“I am Sehun.”

 

“Nice to meet you. The name is Yunho.”

 

“Tiffany.” Well, eminently Tiffany would still be cold to this person. She just couldn’t erase the bad memory where Taeyeon had caused turmoil for her mood during that day.

 

“You can start the presentation, Tae.” Sunny smiled and asked the others to sit down. Almost all of them seemed welcomed and sincere. Almost was used because there’s an exception. Tiffany was the only person with y face. She paid attention closely to Taeyeon; each word that came out from Taeyeon would be used later by Tiffany as a moment to return the favor. Yes, she would continuously ask Taeyeon the difficult questions and embarrass the woman as an act of revenge. She would make Taeyeon look dumb which would make her fail and lose in the tender.

---

 

“How do you ensure that our goods are safe during shipment?” Tiffany asked the question as soon as Taeyeon was done with her presentation.

 

“We have our equipment together with the goods we ship covered by insurance so should worst-case occur and your goods are damaged, we would immediately report it and follow up for the replacement of your goods be it through cash or others.” Taeyeon calmly answered.

 

“What if we want to ship our goods from abroad through vessel or sea transportation. Lead time is critical for our company and the main reason why our customer still stays with us is due to the fast arrival date from since the customers paid for their goods on the internet and we prefer to stay that way. Convince us the estimation time from when the goods are out from the factory until it arrived in Korea.” Tiffany challenged Taeyeon with a more difficult question.

 

“No need to worry. We have held a firm cooperative relationship with numerous suppliers from around the world, including with the agents responsible for customs at ports. We ensure you that our demurrage time would be much lesser compared to other vendors. When others need up to weeks, we would only need days, and if other need days, we would merely take hours.” Taeyeon confidently replied. The others were amused while Tiffany became crankier.

 

“How about the tracking and tracing capabilities from your company? How precision is the actual status of goods compared to the data shown in your system?” Tiffany showed no sign of giving up.

 

 “The system is capable to update the current status of goods shipment once in every hour automatically. We set highly technology advanced GPS in each of every land transportation we own. Meanwhile, for sea transportation, we will send you the coordinates of our ship once every 6 hours and for air transportation, we will provide data of the departing time. Further, we also will be responsible for the system integration with your current system, including for the invoicing process.” Taeyeon smiled and easily answered the question.

 

The questions and answers were going on for at least one more hour and it’s believed that it wouldn’t be stopped if not because of Sunny. The petite woman stood up between Tiffany and Taeyeon, saying that the time had up plus if Tiffany still needed more time to confirm the ability of Taeyeon’s company, she should just do it outside. One by one left the room, except Taeyeon and Tiffany.

 

“I really not wish for you to be the winner.” Tiffany cynically stated as she watched Taeyeon gather up her belongings and shut down her laptop.

 

“I am so sorry about that. I really didn’t have any intention to ruin your shirt yesterday. Have you put it in the laundry service?” Taeyeon asked her in a friendly way.

 

“I don’t care about your intention but what you did yesterday was enough to make me want to fight against my team just so you won’t come out as the winner.” Tiffany rudely said.

 

“I hope what I did yesterday won’t change the term of professionalism that you believe. I mean, business is business but what happened yesterday just stays between you and me.” Taeyeon flipped her laptop and put it into her backpack.

 

“Unfortunately, although I am considered as a believer for business is business, it cannot change the truth that should you be the winner, your user will be me. In another word, I personally will be your customer and I cannot say what I will ask you in the future would only be related to works.” Tiffany sneered with the corner of her lips pulled upward.

 

“Are you threatening me, Mrs. Tiffany?” Taeyeon sighed, trying to control her emotion since the woman she was facing at the moment had the potential to be her future customer with lots of estimated revenue.

 

“Who knows~ I am just saying what’s inside my mind. Besides, it’s not like you will come out as the winner anyway. The other candidates were as good as if not better than you.” Tiffany lied.

 

“I see. And please contact me if you had the laundry bills with you already. I still insist to pay it. Well then, I will see you around. That is if I am not the winner.” Taeyeon luckily still able to keep her composure. She bowed and left the room.

 

“Damn! Please don’t make her the winner.” Tiffany cursed to herself.

---

 

Tiffany was sent abroad almost as soon as the tender meeting with vendors was done. Suho asked for her assistance to teach the employees in one of the company’s branches that just opened in the Philippines. He requested her to conduct coaching, elaborate on the system guidelines, and how to implement it as well as refreshment about the Code of Conduct to prevent smuggling, bribery, and frauds. Well, Tiffany was a smart woman so Suho utilized Tiffany as much as possible, with a good fee of course.

 

The assignment of Tiffany to the Philippines made her unable to keep in touch with the tendering process or the continuation or being involved in vendors’ judgment and selections. She was asked to stay for over two weeks and during her stay, not a day could pass without her being busy and focus on her work. Thus, she had no idea what had happened when she wasn’t around at work back in Seoul.

 

“Tiff, have you arrived?” Tiffany was inside the taxi and just managed to inform her work what’s app group about her arrival.

 

“Yep, Sunny. What is it? I am dead tired right now.” Tiffany wearily replied.

 

“Is it too much if I asked you to drop by at work first?”

 

“Do you even need to ask that? I am so tired, Sunny. I still worked during weekends and I barely could sleep 6 hours a day.” Tiffany barked. She was tired and her bed was the only thing she missed the most right now. She might be a dedicated hard worker but even a hard worker needed a proper rest, right?

 

“Just two hours max. I have consulted Mr. Suho and bargained that you could take two days off instead of one if you can make it to work right now.”

 

“Fine. Just promise me it won’t be long.” Tiffany gave up. Two hours bartered with a day off sounded too tempting anyway.

 

“Great! I have bought you your favorite snack too. Come here quickly!!”

 

“I’ll be there in an hour. I really hope it’s an important issue, Sunny or I swear I will make you run around the golf court tomorrow!” Tiffany threatened. She heard Sunny laughing before she hung up the phone.

 

“Sir, turn around here. Change the direction to xxx building. Wake me up when we have arrived.” Tiffany didn’t give the chance for the man to reply. She had closed her eyes when the man was about to nod.

 

It took Tiffany less than an hour to reach her office building. The time showed 13.30 PM right now. Good thing she had her lunch on the plane or she was so sure she would be cranky and resentful toward Sunny later. She descended from the taxi and entered the lobby of the building with her luggage dragged behind her. She didn’t have any plan to visit her office today so she didn’t bother to wear her working attire. Yet, she had jeans with a checkered shirt and casual sneakers. Sunny asked her suddenly to drop by right so it’s not her fault to have a casual style.

 

“Tiff, where are you?” It was Suho this time.

 

“On my way up, Sir.” Tiffany politely answered.

 

“Good. Immediately go to Amethyst meeting room as soon as you reached the floor okay.”

 

“Yes, Sir.” Tiffany shortly said. She sighed and wondered; if she kept being busy like this then when she would able to find her soulmate?

 

The brunette commended her luggage on the receptionist woman, Chohee and asked her to inform the office boy that she wanted Americano to help her stay sober. Right after, she made her way to the meeting room. She entered and bowed to the audience as her eyes roamed around the room. Familiar faces were there and it brought a smile upon her face until her eyes landed on a particular face that she disliked the most.

 

“Thank you for taking time to attend today’s meeting. I am sure you still remember Taeyeon right? Apparently, her company has become the winner of the tender announced just last week.” Suho and Taeyeon stood up.

 

“WHAT?!” The loud voice made most of the audiences’ faces cringed.

 

“How could she become the winner?!” Tiffany slightly forgot her place with her statement.

 

“Uhm, Tiff. You can sit down first. It’s a formal meeting held to discuss the gaps found between our company and Taeyeon’s. She even brought her team today.” Sunny stood up as well, trying to calm down her best friend. She just knew there’s something fishy between Tiffany and Taeyeon. Yes, Tiffany was never one that was friendly to new people but at the same time, she too wasn’t the one who could have an amount of hatred to someone she just met.

 

“Taeyeon. You can introduce your team to Tiffany.” Sunny turned to Taeyeon and smiled.

 

“Well of course. Good afternoon, Ms. Tiffany. This is Sooyoung from the commercial team like me. He is Junsu as our QHSE Manager and lastly Kwangsoo from operation department.” Taeyeon tried her best smile in hope that Tiffany wouldn’t bring up her long time overdue grudge about coffee spiling.

 

“Hmm. My name is Tiffany. A pleasure to meet you and I am sorry for my rude behavior earlier.” Tiffany changed her attitude immediately. Finally, she had an idea that this was work, and what happened with Taeyeon was outside of work.

 

“Nice. Then shall we start the meeting?” Sunny smiled, feeling relieved that at least Tiffany’s mood had been okay even only for now. Soon the meeting started and again, thankfully nothing alarming occurred during the meeting.

 

The meeting went on for almost two hours. The result was, Taeyeon’s company was given 2 weeks to revise the operational proposal as well as the HSE Plan and the programs contained in it. Taeyeon’s company stated the agreement that they would re-evaluate the proposal and revised it based on the discussion held within that day.

 

“Thank you everyone for attending the meeting. I have read the minutes of the meeting and hopefully, each person in charge can do their outstanding and close it on time.” Sunny closed the meeting.

 

“I hope to see you again with some improvements and revised documents in two weeks. It’d be better if your team can do it faster since the work shall start approximately in one month and a half.” Sunny added.

 

“I will try my hardest and convince my team to do overtime so we can comply with your requirements.” Taeyeon confidently exclaimed.

 

“Of course.” Sunny smiled. Alternately Tiffany’s team left the room, but Sunny and her.

 

“Tif I will go first okay? I need to officially send the MoM through email to the related PIC. I am afraid I would forget to do it if I delayed it any longer.” Sunny approached Tiffany and explained.

 

“It’s fine, Sunny. I too will go home after this.” Tiffany nodded.

 

Taeyeon and her team were still inside the meeting room. Well, all of them looked ready to leave though. Tiffany didn’t care much about it. She wanted to get away from Taeyeon as soon as she could. Somehow, her intuition said that Taeyeon meant bad luck for her.

 

“Tae, are you coming?” Sooyoung asked. She was already standing in front of the door.

 

“You can go first with Junsu and Kwangsoo. Besides, I brought my own car here.” Sooyoung nodded and left with the rest of her team members.

 

“Mrs. Tiffany.” Tiffany sighed but stopped halfway.

 

“What again? Do you want me to say congratulations to you? Never gonna happen!” Tiffany then ignored Taeyeon and kept walking forward.

 

“No, it’s not that.” Taeyeon tried to catch up from behind.

 

“Look. I don’t have time for you. I just landed from the Philippines 2 hours ago and I am so dead tired right now. So if you think what you’re about to spill is important, say it right now. If not, then I am going home.” Tiffany stopped in her track and Taeyeon walked around until she was face to face with the brunette.

 

“I see. Maybe that’s why you haven’t contacted me for repaying the laundry bills.” Taeyeon assumed.

 

“Even if I didn’t go anywhere, I wouldn’t still contact you.” Tiffany shook her head with a scoff.

 

“Good thing I made an initiative then. Here, I bought you a white shirt with a blazer as a replacement for the dirtied ones before. It may not have the same design but I have bought the same brand at least.” Taeyeon opened her backpack and took the plastic bag from inside it.

 

“No need to. I can always buy myself a new one if I want to.” Tiffany turned down the offer. By now, they were standing not far from the receptionist desk.

 

“Please. It’s the least I can do to lessen my guilty feelings for what I have done to you.” Taeyeon insisted.

 

“I don’t need to Taeyeon. Just give it to your friends. I don’t accept bribery.” Tiffany tried ruder words to hurt Taeyeon and stopped her from being stubborn.

 

“I don’t mean bribery here. Besides, I have appointed as your vendor which means we will be involved to work together often in the future. Having a bad term with you is the least I want to have.” Taeyeon tried again. She stepped forward a bit, trying to persuade Tiffany.

 

“No is no, Taeyeon. No need to worry, I will try to stay professional no matter how much I dislike being in the same room as you. No offense but my hunch says that being around you would only bring me bad luck.” Tiffany assertively stated and it silenced Taeyeon almost immediately.

 

“Goodbye, Taeyeon.” Tiffany turned back her body, totally being oblivious that Taeyeon had accidentally stepped on her shoelace that it stopped her from stepping forward. The worst then happened. Tiffany tripped by her trapped foot and fell down with her face touched the ground first before her own body.

 

“OH MY GAWD!!” Taeyeon screamed. Again, she had ruined if not worsened the situation between Tiffany and her.

---

 

“I really didn’t mean to harm her in any way, Mrs. Sunny.” Taeyeon sighed, mentally facepalming herself. She fully realized Tiffany’s displeasure attitude toward her and making it worsened was the last thing she wanted to do. Taeyeon was serious when she said she didn’t want to mix personal issues with the business. However, the third meeting with the woman called Tiffany was enough to inform her that it would be hard for Tiffany not to deject her in both professional life and personal life. Therefore, she wanted to fix their bad terms sincerely. Never once thought, she would worsen it instead.

 

“I know and yet she ended up being hurt.” Sunny sighed while looking at her unconscious friend.

 

“I notice something has happened between both of you. I never once saw Tiffany dislike someone to this extent. May I know what’s going on?” Sunny turned to Taeyeon. She slightly pitied Taeyeon. The jet black-haired woman’s expression said that she really felt sorry for what she did to Tiffany.

 

“Yeah. It was accidental though. I ran to her when she just got her ice coffee and at that time, she wore a white shirt. You know what happened next.” Taeyeon reenacted the event and ended the short story with a sigh.

 

“And probably that’s why she didn’t come back to work that day.” Sunny made a conclusion. Taeyeon sighed again.

 

“Listen, Taeyeon. She is actually a very bright woman. She can become cranky at times and seems rude, arrogant, bossy, or anything you may see from her but she isn’t like that to people she cares about.” Sunny started.

 

“I am sure you really have no bad intention to her but the accident is enough to make her angry at you. Plus, the recent event just poured more fuel to the already blazing fire. I don’t know what she would do to you the moment she opened her eyes.” Sunny tapped Taeyeon’s shoulder, trying to give her some encouragement.

 

“I know right. Honestly, I was trying to replace the blouse I ruined. I am sure it will be difficult to remove the stain completely. I already brought it and she said she didn’t need to. When I insisted, I stepped forward and incidentally stepped on her shoelace. She still said no and turned around. She wanted to hurriedly leave when.. Well, you know what’s next.” Taeyeon breathed deeply.

 

“I want to accompany her but my husband is already here. Can I trust my friend with you?” Sunny saw the clock hanging on the wall and it showed 6.45 PM.

 

“Of course.”

 

“When she wakes up, there’s a huge possibility that she would scream at your face before she finally realized the situation she is in. Whatever words she would say to you, please don’t take it into the heart. And since you’re responsible for this, you must take care of her until the cast is removed.” Sunny said and Taeyeon only nodded her head weakly.

 

“I don’t mean to bother you and worry you with her but she has no one here. She hasn’t married and her father is abroad. Her siblings are married with children and live in another part of the country. It means she is alone.” Sunny continued.

 

“Do you have a family living with you? I mean, it would be hard for you to take care of her and take care of her family at the same time but if that’s the case then maybe we can find another way out like hiring a personal nurse?” Sunny ended her statements.

 

“I don’t have anyone living with me actually. My parents are in Jeonju as well as my brother and sister. I live in an apartment downtown and yes, I will take care of her.” Taeyeon remarked.

 

“Good. Thank you. Just try to be patient

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter