Unfaithful

Traits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany had been best friends since they entered the same kindergarten school that even their parents had difficulties to separate them. Why? Because they simply wanted to spend each hour being together; playing seesaw, making castles from the sand, pretending to be a mother and father with a doll as their daughter, and such.

 

No one could blame her. Tiffany was a newcomer to their neighborhood and Taeyeon was the only kid that could accept Tiffany. She was from the state so she could barely talk Korean. Taeyeon was there for her, even though the poor kid couldn’t understand what Tiffany was saying. Yet, the older woman didn’t give up. Tiffany would convey her words into hand movements and Taeyeon would patiently pay attention until she got what Tiffany was saying.

 

Time changed a person or so what people said. Years passed by and they were already in junior high school. They weren’t as close as they used to. Tiffany became more open and friendly with people while Taeyeon was timid and preferred to spend her day alone. Tiffany’s friends often invited the red hair to play with them, making the time for them together was lessened drastically. Tiffany often told Taeyeon to go home first because Tiffany wanted to go to her friends’ house to watch the movie together or simply chatted until the sunset.

 

The senior high school years weren’t any different. In fact, their distance became wider. Tiffany was no longer had time for Taeyeon. She would go to school with her boyfriend while Taeyeon only had Sunny who would loyally pick Taeyeon from her house and went to school together. Taeyeon secretly watched after Tiffany. She was afraid Tiffany would meet bad persons and be hurt by them.

 

Sunny always said to Taeyeon not to be worried too much because well, practically Tiffany had had a different world. Taeyeon lived on earth while Tiffany lived in the skies which were thousands of feet away. Tiffany still lived beside Taeyeon’s house but for Taeyeon, it was like Tiffany lived in a different country. Why? Taeyeon wasn’t even sure she could meet Tiffany once a week. Even if she could, they would only exchange glances and Tiffany would immediately turn her head away; it was like Tiffany felt disgusted with Taeyeon and yes, the latter noticed it yet she couldn’t do anything.

 

Tiffany’s boyfriend never liked Taeyeon in any way. Taeyeon was once invited to Tiffany’s 17th birthday that was held in her house. Tiffany’s parents invited Taeyeon because they thought Taeyeon was still as close as she used to with Tiffany. Besides, Tiffany’s parents liked Taeyeon since the woman was kind and often delivered food to them. Little did they know that their daughter didn’t like Taeyeon; well not anymore at least.

 

Sunny became one and only best friend of Taeyeon until Sunny introduced Taeyeon to Sooyoung. Sunny and Sooyoung weren’t like Taeyeon; they sometimes liked hanging out and they have made numerous attempts to invite Taeyeon to their hangout places. Often, Taeyeon said no but rarely Taeyeon would say yes.

 

They entered the university after graduating from high school. Accidentally, Taeyeon, Tiffany, Sooyoung, and Sunny went to the same university. They surely took different departments. Taeyeon went to civil engineering, Sunny and Sooyoung majored in Business and Tiffany chose international relations. It made Tiffany more famous and of course, unreachable for Taeyeon.

 

Tiffany was known as a player. She would only date handsome, rich, and famous guys in their university. Sooyoung knew one member of Tiffany’s group. Her name was Jessica so, at times, Sooyoung would obtain information related to Tiffany and would inform Taeyeon. The poor woman didn’t mind being shunned by Tiffany as long as she knew that Tiffany didn’t associate with bad persons.

 

Tiffany’s longest relationship was 5 months so everyone was shocked when they knew that Tiffany had been together with a basketball captain for more than 6 months. Tiffany loved the man for he was rich, handsome, cool, famous, and also kind. It was like Tiffany got a lottery for having him as her boyfriend and she couldn’t be happier about it.

 

They graduated from alternately. Taeyeon was the one who graduated first at the age of 22 years old with a great GPA. She immediately got a job in a well-known company with a good position and salary. She was happy but at the same time lonely for she didn’t have a lover and her best friends hadn’t done with their studies while as Tiffany; let’s just say she was still had a long way to go to the graduation ceremony. But finally, Tiffany graduated at the age of 24 years old and got a job even not that great.

 

Taeyeon’s parents were rich. They had Korean fast-food restaurants that had been opened in different countries all over Asia. Tiffany’s parents were also rich; her father was a renowned lawyer in town and rewarded as the top 10’s lawyers with the biggest payment in Seoul. Tiffany’s mother was a novel writer it was sold well. One time, her book even got the bestseller romantic novel of 2012. So yeah, that’s how great their families were.

 

One night, Tiffany was having a huge fight with her 4 years boyfriend. He was caught kissing a random girl when he was drinking at one of his best friend’s bachelor party. He defended himself by saying that it was totally unintentional and that he wouldn’t do that if he was sober. Tiffany couldn’t accept that and threatened him, saying that she would do the same and even would do worse such as making out with a random man while being drunk.

 

Tiffany was a woman of her words. Her boyfriend forgot that fact and stood up to save his pride, saying that she wouldn’t even dare to do that. With wrath, anger, and disappointment clouded her mind, she runs and went directly to a club she often visited with her best friends. Too bad, that night she was alone since none of her best friends knew Tiffany would go to the club. It was unplanned after all.

 

What’s funnier was the fact that Taeyeon went to the same club on the same night. She had to go there because her boss was having a birthday and invited people in the same department to go on karaoke and have lots of drinks. Taeyeon was never one to drink. She realized that she had a low tolerance of alcohol so unless she was with Sunny (who had a very high tolerance of alcohol), she wouldn’t dare to touch alcoholic drinks.

 

Taeyeon was with another 12 people in the large room and she was bored. She was the only one who ordered an alcohol-free drink. She wanted to escape from the room even only for some minutes. She then told her friend that she needed to go to the restroom and went out of the room. She descended the stairs and she almost gasped finding Tiffany who liked on the edge of the unconscious and was now being flirted with an unknown man.

 

“Fany-ah. What are you doing here?” Taeyeon quickly approached Tiffany.

 

“Hmm? Do I know you?” Tiffany smirked and hit the table; asking for another shot.

 

“Who are you? She clearly doesn’t know you so shoo and leave her alone. I will be the one to drive her home tonight.” The man clearly annoyed when she told Taeyeon that.

 

“Fany-ah. It’s me, Taeyeon. We lived beside each other.” Taeyeon ignored the man and retried.

 

“Ooouuhh.. Taeyeon. Hello, Taeyeon~ Long time no see~” Tiffany responded.

 

“Good that you remembered.”

 

“Excuse me, Mr. whoever you are. She is my friend and you better get the hell out of here before I call securities.” Taeyeon turned to the man and glared at him.

 

“Fine. Tsk. Party pooper.” The man protested under his breath but eventually get lost.

 

“Hey, you should stop drinking. You have been drinking too much.” Taeyeon reminded. She looked at the piles of empty glasses beside her.

 

“What? I am no drunk~ a little dizzy that’s all. It’s because of that jerk! Just wait and see! I will make him regret underestimating my threat. Who does he think he is, huh!? Does he forget that his girlfriend is beautiful! I am beautiful,, right?” Tiffany looked at Taeyeon after done with her mumbling.

 

“Yes, you are. Very beautiful indeed.” Taeyeon had a crush on Tiffany since high school and it continued up until now. Perhaps, that’s one of the reasons why Taeyeon had never had a boyfriend even though she had been getting beautiful since then.

 

“I know I am. Thank you for being honest.” Tiffany winked.

 

“Now, please stop drinking. You will have a headache tomorrow. Besides, don’t you have work? Come on, Fany-ah. I will drive you home. Besides, it will give me a reason why I should go home earlier.” Taeyeon took the glass away from Tiffany’s reach.

 

“Give that back to me, Taeyeon! We are no longer close so you have no right to tell me what to do!” Taeyeon was shocked hearing it from Tiffany. It was the truth but to hear it directly from her crush; let’s just say it quadrupled the pain.

 

“I know! But I always think of you as my best friend since kindergarten and it hasn’t changed.” Taeyeon reasoned out.

 

She knew arguing with the current Tiffany would be useless but she had to make it clear; that Tiffany was and would always still be her best friend despite of everything. Feeling kind of stressed and hurt due to the revelation; Taeyeon gulped the drink she had in her palm and put down the already empty glass on the table. She wiped with the back of her hand afterward.

 

“Whoaa! I think I know now~” Tiffany giggled.

 

“What?!” Taeyeon asked.

 

“I would stop drinking only if you are the one who will drink it. You can only stop when I say it so. How’s that?” Tiffany smirked.

 

“Stop being-“

 

“Well, if you don’t agree~ Yaah! Bartender!!! Give me more here!!” Tiffany cut and rose her hand. Two glasses filled with strong alcoholic liquid came.

 

“Fine then! Tsk!” Taeyeon took both of the glasses and drank it in one go, making Tiffany laugh and ordering for some more.

 

Glasses after glasses were served and it didn’t take long for Taeyeon to finally lose her mind. Her friends on the above floor were wasted already that they didn’t realize Taeyeon hadn’t come back since she excused herself to toilet. Taeyeon remembered she saw how happy Tiffany was when Taeyeon took the drinks in her place. She smiled to herself; it’s been too long since they were like this; hanging with just the two of them; being happy in a world only they could understand. The last thing Taeyeon remembered was Tiffany protested how hot it was and that Taeyeon too had to her clothes before going to sleep.

---

 

“Taeyeon! Tiffany! Yah! What are you two doing!?” Taeyeon was too dizzy to even process what happened. She felt her head was like being hammered and the screams added the dizziness.

 

“Yah! Wake up this instant! What a shame! I never knew my daughter would be gay!” Taeyeon felt a slap landed on her left cheek and that’s when she could finally open her eyes for real.

 

“Mom? Dad? Why are you here in my room?” Taeyeon asked softly; her voice was cracked. Taeyeon was about to yawn and rub her eyes when her hand felt something soft on her palm.

 

“Oh My God!” Taeyeon scooted away. She didn’t know who the person was but she was sure it was a woman; judged from the long and black hair.

 

“You finally awake! Mom, close the door!” Taeyeon’s father growled. Taeyeon still couldn’t understand what had happened. One thing for sure; she was and so was she.

 

“Who is that woman?! You disgraceful daughter!” Taeyeon felt a hard slap on her left cheek and automatically, her head tilted sideways.

 

“Ugghh!!” The woman moved. Taeyeon, Taeyeon’s father, and Taeyeon’s mother stopped every movement.

 

“What’s happening here?” The woman sat up and all of them gasped in unison.

 

“Ti-Tiffany??” Taeyeon’s mother held Taeyeon’s father from behind, afraid that he would get a heart attack for seeing the view before him; Tiffany and Taeyeon in one bed. What else could have happened?

 

“Tae-Taeyeon?!” Tiffany finally reacted after she had shaken her heart several times to lessen the headache.

 

“You have a lot to explain, girls.” Taeyeon’s father gritted his teeth and turned around; dialing Tiffany’s father number.

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany got dressed and none of them had uttered any words since they were caught being and sleeping in one bed. They were grown-up women so they didn’t need to be told what they had done the night before. Tiffany could feel the difference; she felt slightly sore in that area while Taeyeon felt her right hand a little bit stiff and yes she too knew what had happened.

 

Tiffany couldn’t remember what lead her to do that with Taeyeon. She felt stupid for doing it with a woman knowing she had a boyfriend already. Well, it’s obviously not her first time but undoubtedly, it would be an experience she wouldn’t forget easily. Tiffany was thinking about how to tell her boyfriend about this. She promised only making out but worse; she had slept with a woman. Meanwhile, Taeyeon felt her fortress crumbled. Now she was so sure, it would be hard not to fall deeper with Tiffany.

 

“What happened, Tiffany? Tell me what uncle Kim said wasn’t true!” Tiffany’s father barged in onto Taeyeon’s living room and interrogated Tiffany immediately.

 

“What, Dad? It was totally accidental, okay? Don’t exaggerate it~” Tiffany answered lazily.

 

“I am not exaggerating but what you have done is too far! I know your habits, Tiff! I never forbid you from going out with your friends; clubbing, dating with your boyfriend but why did you do this to me?! Didn’t you know it would ruin my reputation as a lawyer?!” Tiffany’s father finally burst out.

 

 “Look, Dad! What I have done with Taeyeon was unplanned. We can pretend nothing happened and no problems will come.” Tiffany sighed.

 

“Taeyeon. Nothing happened between us, alright?” Tiffany turned around and glared at Taeyeon.

 

“I disagree. They have to be taught to be responsible for what they’re doing.” Taeyeon’s father butted in.

 

“Oh come on, uncle. Don’t enlarge the issue here.” Tiffany frowned.

 

“Respect your elders, Tiff.” Tiffany’s father strictly said.

 

“What do you have in mind, Hyun Joong-ah?” Tiffany’s father asked his friend to slash his neighbor for decades.

 

“We both know that having outside of marriage is a sin in every religion.” Tiffany’s father nodded and let him continue.

 

“So, I am saying they have to be married to each other to be responsible for their sins.” Taeyeon’s father said. Tiffany gasped. Taeyeon almost fell from her seat and Tiffany’s father stayed calm.

 

“But, isn’t it wrong to marry the same gender?” Tiffany’s father argued.

 

“It is but what they did was much worse. I don’t want my daughter to be laid by an irresponsible person. So, I demand Tiffany marry her.” Hyun Joong said firmly.

 

“Are you crazy?!” Tiffany stood up from her seat.

 

“TIFFANY!” Joo Won, Tiffany’s father scolded his daughter.

 

“Taeyeon, take Tiffany to your room and don’t come out until we say so. Now!” Hyun Joong spoke and Taeyeon could only sigh; standing up and led the way to her room, followed by anxious Tiffany.

---

 

And so the wedding was held 2 months after that day. Joo Won agreed with Hyun Joong’s idea that the women had to be punished hard. Besides, Joo Won just knew Taeyeon was much better than Tiffany’s current boyfriend. If Taeyeon were a boy, Joo Won would give Tiffany to her even if it meant he had to have an endless arguments with Tiffany beforehand. Now that fate had supported the condition; he wouldn’t say no to Taeyeon to be his daughter in law.

 

Tiffany was never been felt this worst. She argued; protested; even did a demonstration that she wouldn’t come home for a week plus she wouldn’t eat for 3 days yet it failed to change her father’s settled mind. Her father threatened her; saying that he would take all the facilities from her if she was still being stubborn. Feeling afraid and insecure, Tiffany finally said yes to the pastor when he asked her whether she wanted to accept Taeyeon or not.

 

How about Tiffany’s boyfriend? The man was devastated hearing the news but Tiffany ensured him that nothing would separate them; that Tiffany would never sleep with Taeyeon and that she would still have a relationship with him or even be more intimate than before. Taeyeon of course had no idea about Tiffany’s plan. She innocently or more like idiotically thought that everything went well; that finally God hears her out and gave her Tiffany as her bride.

 

Sunny and Sooyoung had been suspicious all along. They just knew there must be something that Tiffany hid under her sleeves until the latter would easily say yes to her. Sunny and Sooyoung had warned Taeyeon but the latter only smiled. Taeyeon somehow realized Tiffany would never love her but she promised to herself to at least make Tiffany felt loved and happy. She made a vow that she wouldn’t leave her; in better or worse just like how she promised in front of God before the altar.

 

“Don’t think I will sleep with you, Taeyeon! I will never again let you lay your hand even on my precious hair!” Tiffany warned Taeyeon as soon as the married couple entered the bridal chamber.

 

“I understand.” Taeyeon smiled.

 

‘Only the first day and she is already like this’ ´Taeyeon sighed.

 

“Good if you are. Now you better find another room to sleep in. I need to make a call with my boyfriend.” Tiffany gestured Taeyeon to leave the room.

 

“Then, where will I sleep? We only rent one bedroom. Besides, our parents and families sleep in rooms nearby. What would they say if they found out?” Taeyeon complained.

 

“It’s for you to find out and for me not to care. Now shoo!” Tiffany threw her mobile phone and got off of the bed. She walked to Taeyeon and pushed her back until Taeyeon was standing in front of the door.

 

“Goodbye.” Tiffany slammed the door right before Taeyeon’s eyes.

 

Taeyeon was shocked; too shocked that she couldn’t process what just happened. Tiffany who was also her official wife since hours ago just dumped her from the bridal chamber. It was too unbelievable and too much for Taeyeon to accept. Sunny and Sooyoung had warned her how her marriage life with Tiffany wouldn’t be a disaster yet Taeyeon unheeded it. Then why Taeyeon still stubbornly proceeded? It’s simple because one, Taeyeon loved her and two, this way, Taeyeon could see Tiffany every day because they would live under one roof.

 

“Tae, why are you here?” It was Jaejoong, Taeyeon’s big brother.

 

“Oh. I thought I left my phone somewhere. So I will go to the lobby and ask the receptionist.” Taeyeon quickly made a reason out of nowhere.

 

“I see. Then you better hurry. Usually, no one would get out from the bridal chamber until the morning came if you know what I mean.” Jaejoong winked and walked away; going to his bedroom.

 

“Now, what do I do?” Taeyeon asked herself as she walked to the elevator; trying to find a getaway place until the sunrise.

 

Taeyeon knew Tiffany was still having a relationship with her boyfriend and she accepted it or more like constrained to accept it. Taeyeon also had a hunch about how her marriage would be. She had calculated it well but she failed to predict how much hurt she would get from Tiffany.  She too had thought to say no and just declined the marriage idea but she didn’t want to disappoint her father. Hyun Joong was the one who initiated the marriage idea so it would disrespect her father’s decision if she said no. Right?

 

Tiffany was never once involved in marriage preparation. It was all Taeyeon who did it. Well, of course, Taeyeon would always lie to her parents and Tiffany’s parents; saying that Tiffany always helped her in deciding the dress, decoration, etc. Taeyeon always stood up for Tiffany; defending her while Tiffany cheated on her with her boyfriend doing something sinful only God knew.

 

Sometimes, Sooyoung and Sunny would alternately help Taeyeon; accompanying her to choose the bride’s wedding dress, the types of food that would be served, and such. Taeyeon felt so thankful for her friends were always there for her since college. What’s weird was the fact that Sooyoung and Sunny were in charge of picking the wedding ring. Taeyeon gave them the liberty to do that since she didn’t want to falsely hope and feel happy for an uncertain matter; which was Tiffany’s loyalty and love.

 

Taeyeon decided to just go to the rooftop on the highest floor. If she were right, the hotel had a bar and pool upstairs, so maybe she could unwind her problems and cool herself down. Taeyeon pressed the floor button and was waiting when her mobile phone suddenly vibrated in her pocket. The caller was Sooyoung. Taeyeon hesitated whether she should pick up or not. She didn’t want her friends to pity her further should they know what’s happening to Taeyeon currently. She waited until the screen went dark again. Not long after, it vibrated again and this time was Sunny. With a sigh, Taeyeon finally pressed the green button.

 

“What is it Sunny-ah?” Taeyeon sounded annoyed.

 

“Where are you right now?”

 

“In my room of course.”

 

“Don’t lie to me, Taeng! I knew you’re outside. I could hear the wind breeze you know. Let me repeat, where are you?”

 

“Hotel. Rooftop.”

 

“Got dumped by your highness?”

 

“Don’t bother to ask if you knew already. What do you want? If there’s nothing important, I would hang up.”

 

“Go to lobby now. We are on our way to pick you up. We just knew this would happen so be glad that you have us as your best friends. We will arrive in 10 minutes. See you soon.”

 

“See you.” Taeyeon replied when they hang up already. A small smile appeared. Well at least, she still had people who cared for her.

---

 

The marriage was disastrous. Tiffany would rage at Taeyeon for no reason or sometimes went as mean as kicking Taeyeon out of their house just because she wanted to have ‘private’ time with her boyfriend. Sooyoung and Sunny were always there for Taeyeon even when Taeyeon didn’t tell them to do. They would call Taeyeon at the right time or simply picked Taeyeon up from her office or club in the middle of the night. Taeyeon felt guilty for always troubling them but they said it was okay because they felt bad for Taeyeon. Well, this night was one of the nights where Tiffany would dump her out.

 

“Why did you come home so early? I told you to be home after 3 am right?” Tiffany greeted Taeyeon with her harsh words when the latter was trying to take her shoes off.

 

“I am tired of work, Fany-ah. You never allow me to come home before nine. I don’t even have anything to do at work. I have done it all, even the work that’s due next week.” Taeyeon explained.

 

“Well, it’s none of my business. I told you to go home after nine because usually at that time, I would be sleepy so I won’t need to see your face. In the morning, you will leave before I wake up.” Tiffany nonchalantly said; totally didn’t care whether her words would hurt Taeyeon or not.

 

“I can always go to my own room and you don’t need to see my face that way.” Taeyeon smiled; faking her mood when she just felt her heart being shattered with Tiffany’s brutal honesty.

 

“Nope. He will come over tonight and have a sleepover so I don’t want you to be here. Be thankful for I am nice enough to give you chance to change your clothes. You have one hour before he comes so you better use it wisely.” Tiffany immediately left to her room before Taeyeon had even a chance to reply.

 

‘I am used to her attitude. But why does it still feel hurt?’ Taeyeon chuckled bitterly. Not long after, her tears seeped out from her eyes.

 

’You are a strong woman, Taeyeon. See, even your name reflects it all; calm. I need to be calm and just do as she said and everything will be alright.’ Taeyeon clenched her chest; the place where her heart was; telling it to bear it a little while longer; until Tiffany felt fed up with her and maybe demanded a divorce because she; Taeyeon would never divorce Tiffany unless Tiffany wanted it to do so. Hey, they were barely married for 3 months and the worst scenario hadn’t come.

 

Taeyeon went to her room; a room which supposedly used as a guest room. Tiffany said she didn’t want to be in the same room so Taeyeon had to move out. Luckily, Taeyeon had another vacant room so she at least could still sleep in the bed. Taeyeon retrieved her towel and went to bathroom to have a quick bath. She only had one hour to do it all so she needed to be fast.

 

When Taeyeon had done, she went to the kitchen and warmed the food she had bought earlier. She always did that; bringing Tiffany dinner and preparing her breakfast. She would ask her office boy to drop Tiffany’s lunch and dinner. She didn’t want her wife to be hungry. She knew Tiffany couldn’t cook so she did it all. Tiffany had quit her job a month after the marriage. Tiffany commanded Taeyeon to give her money; at least half of Taeyeon’s salary and as usual, Taeyeon obliged it. Taeyeon had a stable job with good income so Tiffany didn’t need to work to fulfill her necessity; including her shopping habits. Even Tiffany often gave her boyfriend money; the money Taeyeon had earned.

 

“Fany-ah. I am leaving. I have warmed your dinner. It’s in the kitchen.” Taeyeon knocked on Tiffany’s door.

 

“Goodbye. Don’t bother to come home.” The reply never once felt nice to hear but at least, she still responded.

 

“I will see you. I will directly go to work so I will come home tomorrow night.” Taeyeon added.

 

“Whatever.” Tiffany’s answer made Taeyeon’s tears continued to fall.

---

 

“Welcome back, Mrs. Taeyeon.” Taeyeon looked up to see her secretary was still there.

 

“Bora, why are you still here? It’s passed 7 already.” Taeyeon was startled seeing Bora.

 

“I thought to file up my documentation when no one was here. It would be easier.” Bora offered her a smile,

 

“How about you, Mam? Why did you come back? Did you leave something?” Bora asked back.

 

“Me?” Taeyeon halted, thinking what to answer her.

 

“Have you had dinner?” Bora shook her head shyly.

 

“Do you have a plan after this?” Again, Bora shook her head.

 

“What do you think if we have dinner after this? I too haven’t had proper dinner.” Taeyeon smiled sincerely, showing a dimple that never succeeded to come out when she was with Tiffany. Why? Because when she was with Tiffany, she could never smile willingly.

 

“Sure. Let me save this file first.” Bora said nervously. Never once had expected her boss, the person she admired would invite her to dinner.

 

“Take your time.” Taeyeon sat on the vacant chair beside Bora. It surely made Bora more nervous about having Taeyeon this close to her. Bora quickly pressed save button and shut her computer down.

 

“Do you bring car here?” Taeyeon asked while they walked to the lobby.

 

“I use public transportation,” Bora answered.

 

“Good. Then we can use my car.” Taeyeon smiled and led the way. They chatted things related to work on their way to the restaurant that Taeyeon chose.

 

“What do you want to order? It’s my treat.” Taeyeon gave the menu to Bora.

 

“What’s the best seller in here?” Bora closed the menu book; giving up for she didn’t know what she wanted to eat either.

 

“I recommend you to eat ribs eye steak. The size is just perfect and I guarantee you will be full until the morning comes.” Taeyeon sweetly smiled.

 

“Ribs eye steak it is then.” Bora nodded and gave the menu back to the waiter.

 

“What do you want to drink?” Taeyeon asked again.

 

“Can I drink something alcoholic?” Bora asked hesitantly.

 

“Two ribs eye steak and red wine. Thank you.” Taeyeon told the waiter.

 

“You haven’t told me why you went back to work.” Bora started the conversation.

 

“Curious woman, aren’t you?” Taeyeon raised one of her eyebrows.

 

“Sorry. I didn’t mean to pry.” Bora looked at the floor, feeling shy.

 

“I got a file left at work so I intended to have it back. It’s important for tomorrow’s meeting.” Taeyeon lied. There’s no way she would tell her secretary about the family issue she was having with Tiffany.

 

“Why didn’t you just text me, I would send it by email to you.” Bora said.

 

“And how am I supposed to know that you’re still at work?” Taeyeon chuckled.

 

“Oh. Right.” Bora’s eyes then roamed to Taeyeon’s finger ring and found wedding ring encircled the finger. Her heart sunk at the revelation; it turned out that she adored Taeyeon more than she ever thought.

 

Taeyeon had been her boss for the past 2 months and never once she had been improperly treated by the latter. Vice versa, Taeyeon might be the best superior she had ever found. Taeyeon was so considerate; she would easily let Bora went home when she got her period and so understandingly let Bora took days off. She too sometimes brought leftover breakfast and offered it to Bora. In short, she was the kindest boss alive, well at least for Bora.

 

“Are you married?” The question went out just like that. She quickly covered when she realized what she just asked.

 

“Yes, I am. For 3 months already.” Taeyeon didn’t look happy when she said that to Bora and yes, the secretary noticed it too; the sad eyes Taeyeon had when she admitted her marital status.

 

“Oh. He must be a lucky guy.” Bora commented.

 

“It’s a she.” Taeyeon decided to just be honest. Bora’s eyes turned wide for a second.

 

“It’s shocking, right? Well, it’s a normal reaction you have there.” Taeyeon giggled.

 

“Yeah. Sorry for showing my shocked face.” Bora smiled with a reddened face.

 

“Naah. No worries. Just.. Don’t let anybody know, okay?” Taeyeon put her index finger on .

 

“Okay. Your secret is safe with me.” Bora smiled. The food soon came and they enjoyed the tasty steak.

 

“It’s good.” Bora commented.

 

“I know, right? This restaurant is quite known for its steak. Aside from ribs eye, the sirloin and tenderloin are well-known too.” Taeyeon said.

 

“How long have you worked there, Mrs-“

 

“Taeyeon. Just call me that. We have only separated by 3 years anyway. Call me Mrs. or mam only when we are at work. Continue your question.” Taeyeon smiled.

 

“Oh yeah. Taeyeon. Ehem.. How long have you worked there?” Bora cleared and continued asking.

 

“Hmm.. Since I have graduated from college.. So it made me.. Uhm.. 4.. no… 5 years.” Taeyeon ended her calculation.

 

“Whoaa… And you have become a manager in just 5 years. Daebak!” Bora exclaimed too excitedly.

 

“Don’t say that. You made me blushed.” Taeyeon laughed.

 

And their conversation continued until the restaurant was about to close.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter