Clumsy - Part 2

Traits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The day passed on just like that and Taeyeon’s Sunday was spent with her teaching Tiffany about basic things, such as cooking common Korean food instead of foreign Egyptian food which Taeyeon couldn’t comprehend of. She also taught Tiffany how to wash laundry, iron clothes, and clean the house in general. So far, Tiffany loved applying blinding nail polish color which by the way didn't have any relation to what Taeyeon had taught her so far. Tiffany reasoned out that she was excited to see her nails in red, yellow, or other flashy colors. Taeyeon only looked at her weirdly but didn’t say anything as a response.

 

During the afternoon, Taeyeon took Tiffany out since she was too lazy to cook and she felt tired to teach Tiffany the basic things, meaning she had to do it first so Tiffany could follow what she did. She told Tiffany to have a shower and again lent her some clothes for Tiffany to wear. Taeyeon thought maybe she too should buy some clothes with her size since Taeyeon’s size was a bit loose on her. Taeyeon was a kind-hearted person, to begin with and since Tiffany looked harmless so far, Taeyeon didn’t have the heart to kick her out of the apartment.

 

“What do you want to eat, Tiffany?” Taeyeon asked as she was helping the latter to fasten her seatbelt. No, Taeyeon still couldn’t believe that Tiffany was a daughter of Amenhotep III or anything but she put that fact aside for now. It felt like she wouldn’t get the real answer soon enough anyway so she let it go temporarily.

 

“I am not familiar with this century’s food. Can I ask something traditional and a bit spicy?” Taeyeon pursed her lips at the question, thinking.

 

“Ramyeon and rice cake fit your description best. Come on then, I know the best place in town that serves it.” Taeyeon grinned and Tiffany gulped. It was hard to resist Taeyeon’s lips as hours went by. For Tiffany, Taeyeon’s lips shape was… incredible. The upper lip was thin while the lower one was fuller. Taeyeon often chewed on her bottom lip unknowingly and she didn’t know how it affected Tiffany badly.

 

“Can I taste your lips?” Tiffany asked out of nowhere and Taeyeon swore she would lose her control on the wheel drive should she have started driving.

 

“WHAT THE- Yah! Stop asking weird questions! And the answer is no! My lips are not food!” Taeyeon scolded Tiffany. She sighed and ignited the engine before pressing the gas pedal carefully.

 

“Why are you so obsessed with me anyway, Tiffany? What did I do to you? Are you sent here by someone who wants to avenge me? Wait.. Did my clumsiness hurt someone that bad and it makes them want to have revenge on me? Dammit.” Taeyeon was more like talking to herself but of course, Tiffany could hear it clean and clear. However, her thoughts still remained on Taeyeon and her perfect lips.

 

“You have tasted mine. Why can’t I taste yours? It’s very injustice of you to say no to my pleading.” Tiffany complained softly. She had always had people to obey her without exceptions. No one said no to Henuttaneb, the daughter of Amenhotep III and here she was; the person whom she claimed to love dearly, Taeyeon, just said no to her simplest request.

 

“Listen… I still couldn’t believe you are the same mummy I accidentally kissed, okay! But if you truly are her then I am sorry to do that to you. I didn’t mean it. Who would want to kiss someone who has died for centuries anyway? Not me for sure.” Taeyeon responded logically.

 

“I might be dead and you kissed me while I am being immobilized and very dead. But I am alive now and my lips are more kissable and the form is perfect in my opinion. What makes you think kissing my lips when I am being alive is not better than my kissing it when I am being dead?” Tiffany asked and Taeyeon had to divide her focus to the road ahead of her with the woman who’s keep yapping beside her, demanding her to kiss her.

 

“I don’t really think I understand your question and demand, Tiffany. But if it is what I think you assumed, then I don’t need to prove anything. Being either dead or alive, I am still not tempted to kiss your lips. So, thank you for the offer but no thank you.” Taeyeon said.

 

“I am not tempting you to kiss my lips. I ask you if I can taste yours, Taeyeon. Oh my dear lover. I will be the one to kiss you, not the other way around.” Tiffany was undeniably good with her words. She used to be a shy person who could only say a few words in a day but thanks to her sister’s curse that her tongue was beyond professional now; creating word after word endlessly, turning the real meaning into suggestive words according to her intentions.

 

“What makes it different!? You kissing or I kissing you is the same thing, Tiffany. At the end, our lips are still attached with each other regardless of who makes the first move.” Taeyeon frustratingly answered. She honked the car in front of her for being too pissed. She was the scientist here with a supposedly intelligent brain and now she was having an endless debate with an archaic woman from centuries ago if what Tiffany said of herself was true.

 

“It has different recognition. You can say to the public that I kissed you because I really would do if you allow me. But the other way around means, I can admit to others that you kissed me which means you’re the one who wants to kiss me and not the opposite.” Tiffany calmly argued and Taeyeon felt like smoke had appeared above her head.

 

The traffic lamp showed red color and it was quite crowded right now. Taeyeon pushed down the handbrake and turned her head. She had enough with Tiffany and her weird puns. She took a deep breath and made up her mind.

 

“Do you want to taste my lips that bad? Then I shall give you just that so you would shut up for the rest of the journey.” Taeyeon declared before leaning in and pressing her lips onto Tiffany’s awaiting pair of lips. She opened a bit and closed it right on Tiffany’s lips, kissing it lightly just enough for the other woman to feel a good taste of Taeyeon’s lips. When the light turned yellow, Taeyeon removed her lips from Tiffany’s and left her breathless and petrified.

 

“Good. Now shut up until we have arrived.” Taeyeon smiled contently, knowing she would have a peaceful ride with the silent version of Tiffany.

---

 

Taeyeon took Tiffany to Yongsun’s restaurant where the restaurant served Korean foods, ranging from traditional ones to modern ones. Yongsun was Moonbyul’s lover while Moonbyul was one of Taeyeon’s best friends who went to the same college as hers years ago. However, Moonbyul decided to be a botanist instead of pursuing the same career as Taeyeon.

 

Tiffany was still unfazed by anything but the remnants of feelings when Taeyeon’s lips touched hers. It was truly love, the kind of love which made Tiffany’s heartbeat louder that it thumped hard against her ribcage; the version of love that screams sacrifices of which Tiffany was willing to sacrifice her everything just to be loved by the latter; it felt like the impossible sunflower that bloomed during the cold winter in the southern country. Tiffany loved Taeyeon that she could see nothing but Taeyeon; she couldn’t sense anything but Taeyeon; she couldn’t think of anyone but Taeyeon. She revolved around Tiffany’s existence in this mortal world and she would do anything, everything, just to make Taeyeon love her in return.

 

It was obviously a curse Nebetah gave to her; to love anyone who resurrected her from the temporary death but for Tiffany, she didn’t mind. It’s not like she could make a choice of the person her heart could long for. When she was still alive centuries ago, Tiffany had never known how it felt to fall in love with someone. Many people loved her, adoring her, and even worshiping her but her heart was frozen cold; she never even spared seconds to glance to them who praised her like a God’s descendant for Tiffany was too beautiful to be true. Tiffany loved no one but her family and herself. Her other love was spent for the books she loved to read and that’s that.

 

‘So this is how it feels to be in love? When I don’t care about anything or anyone but her? And how I wish one day I can hear her saying those three words back to me. Can I one day marry her oh dear God? Taeyeon Oh my dear lover… My heart is yours and if I have to die again just so I can spend my limited days with you, I would. I only have 60 days. Can you keep me for eternity or will I be dead again?’ Tiffany said inside her mind, totally unfocused with anything but the woman who’s sitting in front of her.

 

“Tiffany! Yaah I have been talking to you for the past minutes and here you are, lost in your own thoughts.” Taeyeon protested while puckering her lips in annoyance.

 

“I am sorry, my lover. I didn’t mean to. What did you say again?” Tiffany smiled shyly and Taeyeon had to admit, maybe she indeed lied when she said she preferred Cleopatra although having an intimate session with the woman whom she just met less than 24 hours.

 

“I said, you haven’t told me what you’re gonna do after this. I cannot keep you forever as a freeloader, Tiffany. You are not even my friend and there’s no way I am gonna be your lover either. You have to pay at least for your own food and other necessities if you want to stay in my apartment and I have an idea of how you can earn money temporarily. Yongsun Unnie said she needed extra help to serve the customers here. What do you say? The payment is not much but I’d be enough to buy basic things you may need for a month.” Taeyeon used her chopstick to grab the fried dumpling before pushing it toward .

 

“You want me to be a servant here.” Tiffany shortly assumed.

 

“Well, it’s called a waitress, not a servant. But more or less, the jobdesc. is similar. You just need to take orders from the customers, report it to the chef in the kitchen and serve the food once it’s been made. Yongsun would teach you how to do it and she said you can start working by tomorrow if you wanted to.” Taeyeon smiled at Yongsun who stood behind the cashier desk, nodding at Taeyeon’s direction.

 

“Do I have another option?” Tiffany turned her head and watched the woman who’s Taeyeon smiling at.

 

“Is it her? Yongsun Unnie? Do you love her?” Taeyeon was now waving her hand at Yongsun when Taeyeon heard the sudden question.

 

“What?! No.. That’d be weird.. Yongsun Unnie is Moonbyul’s lover so no, I don’t love her. Besides, haven’t I told you that I don’t like women that way? I might be alone and have been single for a year and still counting but it doesn’t mean my preference has been changed, Tiffany.” Taeyeon sighed. She sipped her drink quietly, trying to bid some time while contemplating; was she that desperate that she would change her preference? Or did people pity her just because she didn’t have a lover for the past year? Taeyeon sighed again internally.

 

“But you just kissed me in the car earlier, Taeyeon. Oh, my dear lover. How could you cruelly say that my existence does not matter to you when you have claimed my lips an hour ago? Did the kiss mean nothing to you, my lover?” Tiffany said not too lowly that it attracted other customers’ intention, including the owner herself. People’s eyes were on them now and Taeyeon just choked on her drink, no thanks’ to Tiffany's blatant statements.

 

“Yah! Why would you say that out loud?!” Taeyeon hissed under her breath and she was about to say more when Yongsun was heading toward her while telling her customers to mind their own business and to stop staring rudely at Taeyeon and Tiffany.

 

“Now, did I just hear you have kissed her and still didn’t want to admit her existence matters to you? If so, then you’re not Kang Taeyeon whom I have known for years. Because Kim Taeyeon might be a clumsy woman but she is never been a coward.” Yongsun sat on the vacant seat beside Tiffany who was also still glaring at Taeyeon, waiting for her question to be immediately answered.

 

“Dammit!” Taeyeon cursed stressfully. She inhaled deeply prior to replying.

 

“You don’t know anything about her, Unnie.” Taeyeon desperately said.

 

“I have time to sit here and let you tell me more about this beautiful woman here.” Yongsun turned her head and smiled at Tiffany.

 

“Who are you, dear? May I know your name and who you are to this dumb bear called Taeyeon here?” Yongsun nicely asked Tiffany. Taeyeon was already opening , wanting to answer Yongsun before Tiffany had time to answer but of course it was too late.

 

“My name is Henuttaneb and I am a daughter of Amenhotep III with his Great Royal Wife, Queen Tiye. For me, Taeyeon is oh my dear lover, and thank you for telling me her family name. Now I know that her full name is Kim Taeyeon. Oh, my dear lover.” Tiffany smiled brightly at Yongsun while Taeyeon was clasping her face devastatingly.

 

“What the hell is she saying, Taeng? You have a lot to explain!” Yongsun’s eyes were boring into Taeyeon and the latter could only sigh. Her Sunday too wouldn’t be a pleasant holiday she had imagined of. Damn, Bae Tiffany or Henuttaneb or whoever her real name was. Taeyeon could only take a deep breath and started explaining to her friend. Whether she could believe it or not in the end, Taeyeon could surrender her fate to dear God.

---

 

“So you just told me that she is a dead mummy whom you’ve accidentally kissed and now she’s being alive thanks to your accidental kiss? I didn’t assume it wrongly, did I? And you don’t really expect me to believe in whatever you just told me, do you?” Yongsun scratched her not-so-itchy neck. She really needed a drink and so she just told her waiter to bring her the rice wine.

 

“It’s up to you, Unnie but that’s what really happened. You can ask her yourself and the answer is probably similar if not longer.” Taeyeon shrugged.

 

“What she said is true, Unnie.” Tiffany followed Taeyeon by calling Yongsun unnie as well.

 

“I should be the one to call you granny if what Taeyeon said to me is true, Tiffany.” Yongsun chuckled. Yes, Taeyeon had told Yongsun literally everything, including her current nickname.

 

“You can call me Tiffany because that’s the name my lover has made for me.” Tiffany smiled and Yongsun couldn’t help but smile along. The woman is pretty and polite as well. What’s there not to like about Tiffany anyway, Yongsun thought.

 

“Fine, Tiffany it is then. But how could you declare your love easily to Taeyeon? How do you know if you really are in love with her?” Yongsun asked Tiffany.

 

“She is the one who brought be back to life, Unnie. How can I not love her when she has given me the very essence of life, a living soul? I can see no one but her. I cannot think of anything but her. My heart beats like crazy whenever I look at her. My stomach churns funnily when she accidentally touches my arm. My every nape hair stood up when she is near. I never feel anything like this before so I don’t really know what it is if not love.” Tiffany’s answer made Yongsun’s jaw literally drop to the floor. Yongsun blinked once, twice, before clapping her hands and chuckling.

 

“She is right, Taeyeon. Every description she just mentioned screamed symptoms when you are in love. I personally think she has fallen even harder than I was, the first time I realized I was in love with Byulyi.” Yongsun told Taeyeon.

 

“Didn’t I just tell you that I met Tiffany for the first time yesterday? How could someone declare undying love for me when we just met less than 24 hours before? It’s simply unbelievable, Yongsun-ah. You are not forced to believe in anything she said, you know.” Taeyeon shrugged.

 

“That’s what love can do to you; turning sanity into insanity and flipping your world upside down.” Yongsun chuckled before continuing her statement.

 

“I met Byulyi from a friend who is the same friend as mine. We kissed the first time because I chose dare when we played games and I was punished to spend 7 minutes in heaven with Byulyi. Those 7 minutes made us who we are now. It was merely 7 minutes but right now, every single day I spend with Byulyi feels like heaven. That’s what love can do to you, Taeyeon-ah. Love is very powerful in turning someone’s life upside down and I hope you can feel that too.” Yongsun turned soft when she spoke about love, moreover to Taeyeon who was a dear friend for her.

 

“I am alright, Yongsun Unnie. I know all of you are concerned about my single status for the past ye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter