Mysterious - 3

Traits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany got home that day with Taeyeon’s number saved inside her mobile phone, entitled as Kim Taeyeon – Helper. Well, it was written as ‘Psychiatrist’ before inside the ‘Occupation’ column in Tiffany’s new contact number but Tiffany purposely changed it because she didn’t like how it sounded. Tiffany needed help from whoever there was available enough to stay meticulous as he / she listened to Tiffany’s story without having the urge to interrupt her or worse, giving her the responses she hated the most.

 

It had been merely a day or more like an overnight and Tiffany had already got the urgency to contact Taeyeon. Now that she had her number, it was normal to expect she could get faster respond compared to before where she had to make an official booking first and waited for good news from Krystal the secretary with the possibilities that her meeting with Taeyeon was required to be rescheduled because Taeyeon’s schedule at that day was already too packed.

 

Tiffany passed her day like usual, hanging out with friends plus numerous boys tried to get her interests and attention through various attempts like flowers, attention, dazzling cars and jewels, and such. A glance was considered as sufficient for Tiffany to prove that she knew but she could care less about their efforts and all. Money? She got a thick pocket already. Attention? Many were giving her that. Physical features? Well she could consider that. Unconditional honesty and attentions? None had been found so far.

 

“Tiff, let’s get out from here. That annoying Mr. Dickless won’t be happy if we are late for more than 15 minutes.” Hyomin nudged Tiffany’s arm softly.

 

“Huh?” Tiffany was inside her own imagination that she couldn’t hear what Hyomin just said clearly.

 

“She said we will be late if we’re not going now, Tiff. Come on!” Bora had stood up and pulled Tiffany up.

 

“Oh yeah. Let’s go.” Tiffany put the phone inside her purse and went with her friends, walking briskly to the next class they were about to have.

 

It was not a rare sight where Tiffany and her friends wouldn’t pay attention to the class; what the professor had explained and whether he would give them assignment at the end of the class or not. They only needed to be present and whatever had happened later would be informed by their fans anyway. Assignments? Many people were willing to do it for them.

 

‘The class is more boring than usual.’ Tiffany chewed the gum inside while her hand was dribbling something abstract like her own name or the way the professor looked from her point of view.

 

‘They are busy too. I wonder what they are doing with their phones.’ Tiffany glanced to Bora who turned out busy watching with her earphones attached in her ears. Tiffany stifled a giggle. No wonder Bora made such expression.

 

‘He is so bald. Why is there not even a single hair on his head?’ Tiffany randomly thought. Suddenly it reminded her of Taeyeon and the fact that she already got her number. She took her phone from the table and started to seek for Taeyeon’s name inside her phone. She decided to text her messages and would see how she’s gonna respond it.

 

FROM: Tiffany

TO: Taeyeon the Helper

“I am so bored in class. His bald head makes my mood worse too. Look at that. Don’t you think I need my sunglasses to cover my eyes from too shining light coming from his head mixed with sun’s reflection?”

 

Tiffany pressed the send button along with the picture of the bald professor that she secretly took earlier. It was around 2 in the afternoon and the message was sent merely a minute ago. She tried to make herself busy again so the remaining hour of his class could pass faster but of course it was useless. 10 minutes later and no reply had been received so far. She huffed and reopened her message application again just to find it that the message had been read by Taeyeon.

 

Tiffany stared for the past minutes to her phone’s screen. Whenever it got dark, she would touch the screen again so it’d lit up but the notification didn’t tell her anything; there’s no information ‘Taeyeon is typing’ on the top of her screen. She clenched her phone and got angrier. She then disturbed Bora by pulling the of the phone which caused the sound could be heard by the whole class. At least she got a good laugh today, right?

 

FROM: Taeyeon the Helper

TO: Tiffany

“You pay attention more to his bald head rather than his lecture? How about the content of his lesson? Is it interesting enough? At least there’s the possibility you’re interested with his lecture if you’re wearing sunglasses, right? Have a good day, Tiffany.”

 

Tiffany slammed her hand on the table, startling her friends. She got pissed because the message was replied more than an hour later. They were now inside the café, running from the next subject they were supposed to attend. Because they thought talking about the scene by Bora was more interesting than paying attention to the professor inside the boring class.

 

“What’s wrong, Tiff? You’re surprising us!” Uee said.

 

“I am sorry. It’s just another annoying fan.” Tiffany lied. Her friends of course believed it.

 

“So where was I? Yeah. It was during the session when suddenly this woman beside me pulling the earphone jack! Oh God. You should have seen his face! He looks more like aroused rather than angry!” The laughter erupted from the table thanks’ to Bora hilarious story.

 

“Why did you do that, Tiff? You’re doing that deliberately, weren’t you?” Yubin asked while still laughing.

 

“Yep. The class is too boring and I got pissed hearing his speech about econometric and all, you know?” All the girls nodded their head in agreement.

 

“We should have said thanks to you, Tiff. Really. Although I don’t think Bora shall get her lesson not to watch again during class.” Hyomin commented. She grabbed another can of beer and drank it.

 

“Do they even sell beers here? I thought the café should have been pets friendly not alcohols one?” Bora asked innocently.

 

“Of course not, silly. She brought it inside her purse.” Yubin smacked Bora’s head. Tiffany only had a small smile on her face seeing her friends. Her mind went back to the message replied by Taeyeon just now.

 

“Anyway, which stars featured in the videos, Bora?” Uee asked.

 

“It was Japanese one. Japanese always have these skills to exaggerate the scenes, you know? Like when the woman was only bitten a bit but she already roared like an MILF tiger.” Bora excitedly told the story.

 

‘Sometimes I wonder, maybe it’s better to hang out with nerds. At least what they are talking about would sound more intelligent, unlike them that keep on yapping about .’ Tiffany talked to herself.

 

‘But where is the fun in that? It will make me a nerd too. Eww!’ Tiffany added inside her mind.

 

“So where are we going to go tonight, Tiff? It’s your call and we shall be loyally following like usual. Right, girls?” Yubin wagged her eyebrows.

 

“Karaoke?” Tiffany smirked.

 

“Sure!” The girls cheered.

 

Tiffany contemplated for more minutes before deciding to reply Taeyeon’s message.

 

FROM: Tiffany

TO: Taeyeon the Helper

“What do you think is worse? Nerds talking about books or social butterflies talking about ? And Minho is still trying to get my attention after days being ignored and yes, I have blocked his number until he changed his number and tried contacting me again. Don’t you think it has something to do with my unbearable attractions? And reply me sooner this time!”

 

“We can get drunk with Bora entertaining us with her ugly voice tonight, right Tiff?” Hyomin elbowed Tiffany lightly.

 

“Please don’t let Bora sing tonight. I am still haunted in my dreams by her ‘unique’ voice chords.” Tiffany teased further.

 

They chatted for some more until Tiffany decided it’s time go home because she needed to get change for the karaoke time that evening. Even when Tiffany had paid the bill, no reply was received from Taeyeon. And again, her message had been read. Tiffany frowned, feeling so irritated by the slow responded Taeyeon.

---

 

FROM: Tiffany

TO: Taeyeon the Helper

“I have been home since more than an hour ago but I still cannot sleep. I have tried drinking more alcohol, hoping it would help me to get to sleep easier but it’s a futile attempt. My throat is hurt from all the singing and screaming. I am tired. My body is exhausted too. But why my eyes are unable to close then?”

 

‘Where the hell is she?!’ Tiffany scowled when she realized Taeyeon hadn’t read her message even it’s been more than 10 minutes since she sent it.

 

‘Is she sleeping already? It’s already 2.30 A.M so yeah that’s must be it.’ Tiffany sighed and locked her phone, placing it on the night side.

 

‘But shouldn’t the notification alert wake her up? Then again, she never replied me ASAP. There’s no use having her number if she too takes too long to respond.’ Tiffany grumbled inside her head.

 

‘She is not there when I needed her the most and she dares to call herself a good psychiatrist? Hah! You are not good at all Kim Taeyeon!’ Tiffany protested further although the other woman couldn’t hear her.

 

‘Perhaps she won’t reply it until tomorrow anyway. What do I expect?’ Tiffany gave up and decided to do the other method; swallowing the sleeping pills. It worked! Because merely 15 minutes later; she’s already sleeping soundly.

 

FROM: Taeyeon the Helper

TO: Tiffany

“I was sleeping already last night. You messaged me at 2 am in the morning. What happened? You cannot sleep although you’re tired physically. I assume you have something inside your mind that kept you awake. Next time, drink 2 glasses or warm water before you sleep. It helps me whenever I have insomnia. I hope it can help you too.”

 

Tiffany woke up late that day, skipping the morning classes with her friends helping her to fill the attendance list so she wouldn’t get suspension for skipping too many classes. Tiffany always searched for her phone first whenever she got sober so her attention was now landing on Taeyeon’s message which was sent 5 hours ago or 6 am in the morning. Tiffany groaned and went to the bathroom to wash her face.

 

FROM: Tiffany

TO: Taeyeon the Helper

“That’s no longer relevant. I have my sleeping pills there to help me. It helps, unlike you who replied when I didn’t need your advice anymore. I thought texting you will have its benefits because I don’t need to queue and waiting for my schedule to meet you through your secretary but wow, it turns out your reply takes longer than my queue! Surprise me!”

 

Tiffany purposely used sarcasm in her message. She got prepared and changed into her casual yet super expensive clothes. She had said yes to Suho today for lunch.  Of course Tiffany wouldn’t be there first because when the man wanted her, he had to prove his point that he was patient and loyal; patient enough to wait for her negligent attitudes and loyal enough not to leave even after hours of waiting. Yep, that’s the key.

 

“Hey.” The man greeted cheerfully, waving his muscular arm toward Tiffany.

 

“Hey to you too.” Tiffany smiled a little.

 

“Are you alright?” The man worriedly asked. It was her newly found admirer who got lucky enough not to have his number blocked too soon.

 

“Why wouldn’t I?” Tiffany mentally rolled her eyes.

 

“Uhm.. Nothing. I am just worried something bad happens to you. I am glad you look okay.” Suho quickly composed himself and smiled genuinely.

 

“You cynically told me about how I am late for over 2 hours?” Tiffany frowned.

 

“NO! I mean, of course not. I don’t mind about you being late. I will even still wait if you won’t come here until tomorrow. I am just worried you’re involved in.. Well, never mind. All that matters is now you are here and we can have lunch.” Suho said.

 

Tiffany was there sitting in front of Suho but her mind was elsewhere. Suho was handsome alright and he too got a great attitudes, being smart polite and all. In normal condition, Tiffany would have said yes to him but after the meeting with Taeyeon and how the woman indirectly convinced her that she too could have fun without a boyfriend, Tiffany took more time to contemplate how she could find righteousness in Taeyeon’s conviction. Tiffany was playing with the straw of her drink when her phone beeped and a new incoming message notification popped up.

 

FROM: Taeyeon the Helper

TO: Tiffany

“I am sorry but I have told you I was asleep last night, right? It was not my purpose to reply you late. As for other messages, I tried my best to reply you when I have time. I have other patients too who need my attention so during the consultation I won’t use my phone and that’s why my reply is often late. Sleeping pills are not good to be consumed often. Occasionally is alright. You can also try reading the books you hate and eventually your unconsciousness will choose sleeping rather than continue reading. It works for me and maybe it can work for you as well. I hope you have a good day, Tiffany.”

 

“Tiffany-shii.” Tiffany looked up after hearing her names had been called for several times now.

 

“What?” Tiffany raised one of her eyebrows.

 

“I was asking about your study. I can help you studying if you ever need it.” Suho was like a flower boy who had a sweet smile whenever his lips curved up and innocent eyes with his hair combed nicely with a scent of musky fragrance from his shampoo and his cologne.

 

“Can you attend my exam as my replacement?” Tiffany questioned.

 

“Wh- Pardon? I don’t think anyone ever does that.” Suho replied carefully.

 

“Then I don’t need your help. I have my bright future already paved for me and studying is not my necessity.” Tiffany turned down the offer not in a nice way.

 

“Uhm.. Okay then.” Suho was fidgeting with his fingers. He was trying to find another topic which wouldn’t make Tiffany feel bored too soon. The woman used this chance to reply Taeyeon’s message.

 

FROM: Tiffany

TO: Taeyeon the Helper

“I am a patient, okay? I won’t have needs to text you at abnormal hours if I am a healthy person mentally and physically. You should be more cautious toward me or at least be useful. But you cannot even do that, can you? Guess so. Anyway, he is the Suho, my new admirer. Not bad for a nerd, right? Honestly, even better than that Minho guy.”

 

This time it didn’t take long for Taeyeon to reply.

 

FROM: Taeyeon the Helper

TO: Tiffany

“Again, I am sorry for the late reply previously. I just finished my job for a half day and went to lunch with friends. Have you eaten yet? And regarding this Suho guy, yes you are correct. He is charming and beautiful. Can he make good differences with your daily life? If so, I shall take my words back and perhaps you should consider him to be more than just a friend.”

 

Tiffany was already too lazy to reply; her mood wasn’t in its best state. Taeyeon’s reply wasn’t as what she had expected that Taeyeon’s message was left being ignored.

---

 

Tiffany grew frustrated with Taeyeon and not to mention that her own problems still there; healthily existed in her life. Taeyeon didn’t help her to ease her problems.. Well, it’s not completely Taeyeon’s fault since she too never shared anything personal to the latter. The more Tiffany thought, the more pissed she got that she decided to call Krystal and made another schedule with this Kim Taeyeon.

 

Also, the reply felt flat for Tiffany. She didn’t know but she thought it was better when she could meet Taeyeon directly; face to face because at least she could observe Taeyeon’s expression and analyzed whether Taeyeon was sincere and paid her full attentions to Tiffany or not. Texting was far from that and Tiffany wasn’t a person who preferred to stay on the phone for too long because she thought it’s wasting her precious time plus it would make her phone warm so yes, she chose texting but that irritating Kim Taeyeon abandoned her when everyone else worshipped her and asked for her free time. Yet, here she was, booking a schedule just to meet this holy and powerful Kim Taeyeon.

 

‘Damn! Who does she really think she is?’ Tiffany cursed inside her mind. She couldn’t wait for the class to end so she could quickly make her way to Taeyeon’s office building.

 

‘Geez, I think I have chosen a wrong psychiatrist to help me.’ Tiffany massaged her temple. She purposely sat far away in the back. Her friends unfortunately didn’t have this subject so she was alone.

 

‘I am so gonna tell her right to her face that I don’t need her services any longer. I will just easily find a much better psychiatrist than her.’ Tiffany jabbed her book with her pen that it made an obvious hole. Surely, she was truly pissed by now; the more she thought about Taeyeon, the angrier she got.

 

The bell rang and Tiffany didn’t even wait for the lecturer to say her last words whether she got an assignment for the students or not that she immediately grabbed her bag and got out of the classroom. She walked to the VVIP parking lot and drove her red Lamborghini Aventador to Taeyeon’s building. She only remembered how she hadn’t told her friends when Yubin contacted her and asked where she was at.

 

“I have come on time so I don’t give a damn if she’s still got a patient inside. Got it?” Tiffany bended and propped her upper body on Krystal’s desk.

 

“Good.” Tiffany ignored the answer and threw her bag over her body, slinging it comfortably and pushed the door open with her might.

 

“Tiffany-shii.” Taeyeon was reading the progress reports with serious expression regarding her previous patients on her desk when suddenly her door was harshly opened. Her eyes went wide and she stood up immediately to greet her unexpected patient.

 

Krystal looked breathless running after Tiffany but it was too late. The woman had successfully rammed the door open and Taeyeon was standing, looking confused and surprised. Taeyeon was eyeing Krystal who seemed as lost as her.

 

“Uhmm.. She booked the consultation meeting under Stephanie’s name, Ms. Taeyeon. I didn’t expect-“ Tiffany turned her head toward Krystal, glaring at her that the secretary didn’t have enough courage to continue.

 

“It’s okay, Krystal. You may go. I can take it from here.” Taeyeon warmly smiled to ease the guilty feelings from her secretary.

 

“Thank you.” Krystal bowed and excused herself. She closed the door behind her carefully.

 

“So, how may I help you today, Ms. Tiffany?” Taeyeon composed herself and returned to her professional mode. She removed her reading glasses from her nose bridge and took her notebook with her.

 

“Don’t you dare to spill another word as if you’re gonna help me! You always late in replying my messages! You didn’t help me at all! I got even more stressed because of you, Taeyeon.” Tiffany showed her not so good demeanour and exposed it for Taeyeon to see. After all, it’s her fault right from the start.

 

“I don’t even know why I bothered to ask your number, thinking that maybe I could reach you more easily when I have your number because you could respond to my text sooner. I hate waiting and instructed to book a schedule with you! I required your help the day before yet I had to wait for days until I got to finally meet you face to face and then I had your number in hope I could get better by reaching out to you through shortcut but!” Tiffany halted, refuelling her anger even more to her already raging emotions.

 

“But it was useless! I sent you a message and you just replied me 2 hours later! What is the use of having your number in the first place then!? I paid you, Ms. Kim Taeyeon. I didn’t use your services for free but look at what you have done to me! You made me even more frustrated than before!” Tiffany clenched her fist, gritting her teeth and continued.

 

“You don’t even know what is wrong with me but for whatever it is, you can forget it. I don’t want to use your services any longer. I rather seek for more capable psychiatrist whose services are more expensive but at least he / she is much more reliable than you!” Tiffany knitted her eyebrows together, pointing her index finger toward Taeyeon’s face with the invisible smoke flying right up from the top of her head. She made a turn and grabbed her purse, attempting to get out from the room after she had done channelling her resentment toward the psychiatrist.

 

“May I have a chance to explain myself?” Taeyeon stepped forward and hindered Tiffany from reaching the door.

 

“Why would I need to hear your reason?” Tiffany rolled her eyes and stepped sideway when again Taeyeon was getting in her way.

 

“I won’t charge you a dime for today’s consultation.” Taeyeon smiled. Tiffany was still glaring at her but didn’t say anything in return.

 

“Do you have time today?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Why?” Tiffany rolled her eyes, showing how uninterested she was with Taeyeon and the way she tried to make her feel better.

 

“I want to talk to you and inform you what I have obtained so far but in a different way. I notice some methods don’t work as I expected so I would appreciate it if you can spare an hour for me right now. I swear you may proceed in finding a better psychiatrist after today if I still cannot change your mind.” Taeyeon showed her genuine expression, hoping Tiffany wasn’t that stubborn and would say yes.

 

“And why would I do that? I don’t think your different method will work. I have tried two so far and I am truly disappointed with your performance as a psychiatrist.” Tiffany was defensive. She crossed her arms on her chest and sustained her body weight with her right leg; standing arrogantly in front of Taeyeon as if Taeyeon was a tiny useless creature that didn’t matter for her wellbeing.

 

“You have nothing to lose, Mam. I won’t charge you for today’s consultation no matter how long it would be because I will empty my schedule for the rest of the day just so we could talk more.” Taeyeon replied confidently. She got tired from being stared at like she’s nothing and that Tiffany felt she’s merely a petty mankind but she masked it well. Tiffany was her patient and she had to be professional no matter how uncomfortable she’s now.

 

“Fine but I do it just because I want to not because you force me to. Besides, I don’t have anything to do so might as well having you to accompany me and see if you can retain me as your client.” Tiffany clicked her tongue and walked ahead of Taeyeon to the door.

 

Taeyeon silently sighed. What sins had she done before that she got a daughter of Hera, stepmother of Hercules and also a wife of Zeus as her patient? She swore she had been a good citizen of South Korea Republic and a good friend for many people including Sunny. She too never hurt even a fly and had been dumped many times by her exes just because she’s too nice to end the relationships. Her only good luck came from her occupation since she could earn lots of money from people who were slightly better than Tiffany. So why God kept on torturing her by giving her Tiffany as her client? Taeyeon took a deep breath and followed Tiffany outside, still unable to answer the question.

 

“Krystal, please clear my schedule for the rest of the day and reschedule it to tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. I am going out with Ms. Tiffany.” Taeyeon leaned on Krystal’s desk and informed her.

 

“Will do, Mam.” Krystal didn’t ask further and started writing down Taeyeon’s instruction on her computer.

 

“Oh and you may go home. Treat it as a good day to rest, okay? I will see you tomorrow.” Taeyeon smiled genuinely and Krystal was being grateful, saying thank you to her boss.

---

 

Tiffany told Taeyeon that she didn’t want to be inside Taeyeon’s cheap car although it’s not actually that cheap since it was range rover which Taeyeon had bought by spending lots of her saving. Thus, Taeyeon decided to just drive Tiffany’s car and left he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter