Clumsy - End

Traits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon let her hand be grabbed and her body unwillingly being dragged toward the bedroom’s door by Tiffany. She cursed her ego and her big mouth for saying things recklessly, and now she ended up having to get the consequences from being an arrogant earlier. Taeyeon was sitting on the bed lifelessly, trying to ready herself for whatever Tiffany would tell her to do later. Knowing how Yongsun had poisoned Tiffany’s brain often, Taeyeon had a wild guess that Tiffany would gladly utilize the 7 minutes by demanding her to do things Taeyeon could never even dream of because it’d be worse than the worst nightmare. With that in mind, Taeyeon sighed and groaned loudly.

 

“Do not worry for I will never hurt you, Taeyeon. I love you too much to see you being hurt.” Tiffany grew concerned seeing the restless Taeyeon.

 

“How can I not? I am not only worried, but I am also afraid, Tiffany! I know you and I know who your boss is! She keeps on feeding your mind with dirty and rated things! You should really stop hanging out with her outside of work, Tiffany.” Taeyeon exclaimed.

 

“Are you possibly jealous of her? But I never fail to express my love for you, Taeyeon. The only person I love eternally is you and you can even rip my heart open-“

 

“I would never do that to you. This is hopeless. When can we start those 7 minutes anyway? What do you want me to do now?” Taeyeon scrutinized her eyebrows before moving back when Tiffany started crawling toward her.

 

“What are you doing?” Taeyeon was already cornered with her back attached to the backrest.

 

“There’s a scene in this movie that I want to try.” Tiffany helped herself, climbed, and made herself sit on Taeyeon’s lap.

 

“I don’t think I would like where this is going.” Taeyeon muttered. She tried to keep placing her hands in the bed and not to be rude such as pushing Tiffany away from her.

 

“You do not have right to complain, my lover. You have to obey me for the rest of 7 minutes when the time starts ticking.” Tiffany looped her hands around Taeyeon’s neck.

 

“Can we start the timer now?” Taeyeon mumbled desperately.

 

“Wait. I need to remove my shirt first.” Tiffany withdrew her arms and pulled her shirt over her shoulder and head before throwing it on the floor.

 

“And why should you do that?”

 

“So you can kiss my neck better.” Taeyeon blinked her eyes several times. Did she just hear things correctly?

 

“I want to make out with you first with your hands on my s, squeezing it as our lips are eating each other’s. When I give a hint it later, you shall move your lips to my neck; it eagerly until it leaves a dark purplish mark. Your hands shall play with my-“

 

“NO! That’s way too rated to even be discussed with, moreover doing it for real! We haven’t even started and I already dislike how we would end up later!” Taeyeon shook her head repetitively, complaining.

 

“Are you backing out on your words now?”

 

“That’s not what I meant but-“

 

“Shut up and let’s start the timer now, Taeyeon. My dear lover.” Tiffany leaned in and landed her lips on Taeyeon’s lips. At first, Taeyeon deliberately closed her lips tightly until Tiffany thought of another way and nipped on Taeyeon’s bottom lip quite hard that Taeyeon groaned in pain and of course, parted her lips away from each other.

 

Tiffany had watched too many different rated movies that she had also learned how the casts kissed their partners distinctly; some were innocent pecks while others were aggressive ones. Tiffany of course chose the second option, invading Taeyeon’s cavity with her tongue. Tiffany roamed her tongue inside Taeyeon’s mouth while continuously kissing her until she had met Taeyeon’s tongue. She intertwined it with Taeyeon’s one and deepened the kiss if it’s still possible.

 

“Your hands. Uhm… Move it upward.” Tiffany demanded and who was Taeyeon to say no when she had lost the game? Right, a servant.

 

Taeyeon did as she was told, traveling her hands upward and placing it on Tiffany’s s. She was hesitant but a promise was a promise, regardless of what she thought. Thus, she moved her fingers and gave a light squeeze on both s. Tiffany let out a needy whimper and Taeyeon swore it affected her in a way or two.

 

Taeyeon’s logic and common senses were shut down, the longer she kissed Tiffany. It’s been a while since she got this intimate with a person. Hence, this was totally different from other heated sessions she had ever shared with others, who were all men. Usually, she didn’t need to do anything but react to what he did but now… She was excited for being able to boldly have control over Tiffany; where to press, where to fondle, where to caress, it’d all provide her different reactions from the woman who was sitting on her.

 

“More.. We still have time.” Tiffany detached her lips from Taeyeon and pulled Taeyeon by her neck to attach her lips to Tiffany’s delectable neck. Drops of sweats gave another addicting different taste on Tiffany’s neck but instead of objecting, Taeyeon liked the sensation better; it’s according to her taste.

 

Taeyeon didn’t know how many minutes had passed because Tiffany and her unbelievable request had stirred something inside of her. Never once the thought of lusting over a woman had crossed her mind until now was. Tiffany was now grinding on her thigh, seeking frictions by moving her hips forward and backward, and she didn’t even realize she had rolled her fingers on Tiffany’s protruding peaks. They kissed feverishly and it was done much more intensely than they usually did.

 

“Taeyeon, I am aroused.” Tiffany suddenly declared and that’s what Taeyeon really needed to dissipate the lust from clouding her judgments.

 

“We have done more than enough, Tiffany. It’s been… 15 minutes. Oh my God! It has been happening this long?!” Taeyeon put her hands on Tiffany’s waist and moved the woman’s body to the bed. She felt her thigh where Tiffany sat at was slightly moist and she knew, Tiffany must be wet by now.

 

“We shouldn’t go further than we have already done, Fany-ah.” Taeyeon closed her eyes, furrowing her brows, and tried her best to gain her senses and logic back. Where was it when she needed them the most anyway?

 

“Why not? Do you not want me like I want you intimately, Taeyeon?” Tiffany’s eyes were filled by unstoppable lust.

 

“It’s not like that. Do you really want a person to have with you without knowing whether that person loves you romantically or not?” Taeyeon was frustrated as well. She couldn’t lie that she too was somehow felt funny down there but she was never a person who casually had with anyone without romantic feelings involved and she would not start that habit now; moreover if the person was Tiffany because Tiffany didn’t deserve this, not from her.

 

Taeyeon cared about Tiffany and that much was as clear as the sky during summer but further feelings? Taeyeon was still unsure. Taeyeon knew there’s a possibility for her to return Tiffany’s feelings but she didn’t want to rush it. It’d be the first time she had special feelings for another woman instead of man she had to really consider everything before moving forward and admit the truth to Tiffany. Then again, what was Tiffany for her to begin with? More than a friend and less than a lover.

 

Taeyeon had been living her life being alone inside the vast and large apartment until Tiffany came unannounced and out of nowhere, admitting she was a descendant of Amenhotep III and other weird stories Taeyeon could find it hard to believe. It was hard initially to accept a weird and yet gorgeous woman confessed her undying love with her since the first time she saw Taeyeon but as time went by, Taeyeon was used to having Tiffany around, invading her personal space, asking her weird unworldly questions, demanding her to do abnormal things, kept on beating her on games, and literally sharing her everything with Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon thought of as a best friend but which best friend would kiss her friend and even shamelessly admitting that she liked kissing her best friend out loud? No one of course, and yet it happened with Taeyeon. The woman couldn’t profess that she didn’t like kissing Tiffany because she really did; kissing Tiffany was like an addiction for her. She never told Tiffany about this and was secretly happy that Tiffany was the one who kept asking for a kiss so she didn’t need to admit that she wanted to be kissed too. But, did it simply mean that Taeyeon loved Jooyun? Was it an infatuation, physical attraction, or truly a love? Taeyeon had no idea to answer that complex question. It was even more complicated than memorizing the table of chemical compounds.

 

“You cannot love me, Taeyeon. That will never happen, right? I should have known my place and chance better.” Tiffany suddenly announced and Taeyeon looked to the person beside her. Tears were already streaming down her face with her eyes turned sad. Taeyeon couldn’t help but blame herself; if only she wasn’t dense and stupid, then the very least Taeyeon could do to Tiffany was give her the clarity she needed.

 

“I.. I don’t know, Fany-ah. I really don’t know what it is.” Taeyeon started.

 

“And how do you expect me to believe that you fall in love with me just because of a mere kiss I accidentally did to you?! Has it occurred to you that maybe you wouldn’t love me should I did not kiss you?” Taeyeon was beyond devastated. She had to cope up with her feelings that were so foreign to her; did she love Tiffany too? But what if she person who kissed Tiffany wasn’t her, would she still be able to declare her love for Taeyeon? She couldn’t, could she? That alone was enough to make her heart skip a beat; anxiety, panic, fear were some of the things that she felt simultaneously at her thought; that there’s a possibility she would never be loved by Tiffany if she wasn’t that clumsy to begin with.

 

“I never thought of that, Taeyeon! One day I was out reading a book under the tree like I always did until my maid called me and said to get ready because dinner was almost cooked. I went to my room and I met my family. We had dinner together that night and that’s the last thing I remembered before my soul was suddenly forced out from my body!” Tiffany raised her tone and Taeyeon swore, it was the first time she heard Tiffany being exasperatedly angry. More tears came out of her eyes uncontrollably.

 

“My soul has been wandering in this mortal world for centuries and I couldn’t do anything about it. If I have any choice, I’d rather be dead for real, Taeyeon! I am tired of living in a world where people couldn’t see me, where I couldn’t do anything but stare at them and wish things were different. Months became years and even years became centuries, yet I was still stuck inside the coffin with my soul being restless and haunting my surroundings. Those actions were repeating over and over again until you came and saved me.” Tiffany finally revealed her secrets; telling more about herself now that it had come to this. Never once did Tiffany thinks that Taeyeon would doubt her love. Wasn’t Tiffany doing more than enough to prove her love for Taeyeon? Then why…

 

“What if the person who saved you is not me? What if it’s a stranger who already has a wife and children? Would you still shamelessly pursue him and force your love for him and demand he will reciprocate your feelings? Because love doesn’t work that way, Tiffany! You cannot hurry love and definitely, you cannot force someone to love you in such a span of a short time!” Taeyeon was mad and she knew she had crossed the border the moment she spat those rude things to Tiffany. It was already too late now; the words had been spilled out and Tiffany had heard it loudly and clearly.

 

“Wh-what? You.. How could you say those words to me? If things were different and the one who resurrected me already has families, I would never do things and nurture the same feelings like I do to you. I won’t even wake up from the beginning since it’s hard to find a pure genuine heart like you have, Taeyeon. I’d rather be dead for eternity than having to destroy someone’s marriage.” Tiffany’s tears were falling down freely like a broken dam. Taeyeon just accused her that she’d cause someone to do infidelity actions just so she could continue living in this world. Tiffany felt like her heart was stabbed and shattered into pieces. Yes, she loved Taeyeon that much but it didn’t mean Taeyeon could humiliate and insult her like that. With more negative thoughts attacking her, Tiffany’s tears couldn’t be stopped anymore and continued to wet her eyes.

 

“Yes, I love you very much, Taeyeon but it doesn’t mean you can think lowly of me and accuse me that I am a cheap woman who is willing to give love or even my body to anyone without thinking much of the person’s background. Even if it means I have to die again for more centuries, I’d rather experience it than ruin someone’s family.” Tiffany burst out, unable to control her emotions and anger further. She loved Taeyeon but right now, the hatred felt bigger than her love for the other person. Taeyeon’s eyes widened, finally realizing what her stupid mouth had said and what Tiffany thought of her reckless words.

 

“I… I am sorry. I didn’t mean that way.” Taeyeon tried to reach out but Tiffany moved backward, avoiding Taeyeon’s touch like a plague.

 

“You mean every word you said, Taeyeon. But, it’s okay. I know now. I know what I mean to you and what you think of me for the past month I am with you. I am sorry for suddenly appearing and interfering with your life. Thank you so much for what you have done to me so far, Taeyeon.” Tiffany got up, putting on her clothes back, and bowed at Taeyeon.

 

“Wh-what did you just say? You said things as if you wanted to leave me, Fany-ah. Please don’t be like that, hmm? I am sorry for what I just said. It was thoughtless and so foolish of me to say words I didn’t mean.” Taeyeon stood up as well and was about to hug Tiffany when again, the woman stepped back and purposely dodge Taeyeon’s movement.

 

“Fany-ah…” Taeyeon desperately called. She had bad feelings about this; it’s not like how they used to fight; usually, they would bicker but always end up laughing with someone called the other stupid or dumb but this time, it was totally different. It was serious and disastrous.

 

“No, Taeyeon. I already know what you feel toward me and what you think of me. It’s enough for me. I am hurt beyond repair and the last thing I can do right now is see your face or be around you. I am sorry but I need time to be alone.” Tiffany harshly brushed her tears away; feeling angry at herself for crying over someone who couldn’t even respect her as dignified mankind.

 

“Wh-what do you mean? Are you going to leave me? That’s not possible, is it? You are not going to leave me, right? You love me eternally, remember?” Taeyeon’s expression changed drastically. It was all on her, she knew. But she never thought that far, that Tiffany was capable to leave her and how her dumb words would change what they used to have. Taeyeon felt desperate and hopeless that she didn’t realize she had been crying too.

 

“I will. I am honest when I said I loved you and I will continue loving you but it doesn’t mean you can freely stomp on my pride as a dignified woman. Love doesn’t have to own, it’s the statement I often read in a book, and maybe that’s right. My heart is no longer mine as it’s already yours but I cannot stay here so I will still love you even from afar.” Tiffany’s reply was short but it contained thousands of meanings for Taeyeon.

 

“I am so sorry, Fany-ah. Please don’t go? No one can love someone from afar. If you really love me then you have to be with me.” Taeyeon knew she sounded pathetic right now but she could care less. She regretted the words and accusations she had blown out. Tiffany meant so much to her. Maybe Taeyeon had failed to make the other woman feel appreciated, respected, and priceless but given the chance, Taeyeon swore she would do better; showing how much Tiffany meant for her.

 

“I can’t, Taeyeon. I have to be away from you.” Tiffany looked away. More tears dropped on the floor. Taeyeon shut her eyes and the translucent water came out more ruthlessly from her eyes. Tiffany was about to leave her and she couldn’t do anything to prevent that from occurring.

 

“Don’t leave me, Fany-ah.” Taeyeon pleaded, trying again for the last time in the hope of Tiffany could change her mind.

 

“What more do you want from me, Taeyeon? Haven’t you said enough? Aren’t you satisfied seeing me hurt like this? Do you need to say more of me? How I have the heart to persuade someone to conduct infidelity actions just so I could stay living as a human or worse? That I’d even be willing to sell my body-“

 

“NO! I never meant to say those words! I am so sorry if you feel that way but I swear that’s not my intention. I never insinuate you lowly like that, Fany-ah. Please… please don’t go.” Taeyeon didn’t care anymore and hugged Tiffany before the woman had a chance to back away again. She cried on Tiffany’s collarbone, hoping time would be able to move backward. She however could feel that Tiffany didn’t move her hands; the woman didn’t hug her back and it’s enough to feel her heart cracked.

 

“I am sorry too, Taeyeon. I am sorry if you feel like my presence is nothing but a disturbance. You can rest assured now. I won’t disturb you anymore.” Tiffany removed Taeyeon’s hands from her waist and she didn’t waste more seconds in the room. She walked out, gathering her belongings.

 

“Where are you going? You don’t know anyone but Yongsun.” Taeyeon followed the woman anxiously.

 

“See? That’s where you’re wrong, Taeyeon. You never took the time to know more about me because it’s always about you and your life. I know who your friends are, where you work, what your hobbies are, and even your favorite cake but you never spent enough time to get to know of me.” Tiffany stopped putting things inside her luggage and turned to Taeyeon.

 

“You never think of me as an important person in your life. I am no one but your housemate and a woman you can kiss whenever you want to. I am only someone who can love you without any hope that her love could one day be reciprocated. I know it’s impossible for you to love me in return but… I thought it’d be okay for as long as I can love you and stay with you for as long as I can be.” Tiffany tried to force a smile despite her wrecked appearance and crying mess by now.

 

“But after the revelation today, I don’t think I can even do that, Taeyeon. I am alright just to be a good friend to you. I am okay to be used as an advisor, a person where you can run to whenever you have issues at work or with life. I can handle being kissed without you having any special feelings for me. But I am sorry for I cannot pretend I am fine when you just stomped on my dignity.” Tiffany deeply inhaled and tried to regulate her breath.

 

“I might be new to this environment and country called Korea but one thing never changes is that I am a woman who values and preserves my dignity, Taeyeon. But of course, you would never know it, or you wouldn’t say those things to me.” Tiffany bitterly smiled and continued packing.

 

“Fany-ah. Please don’t go. I know I did things wrongly from the very beginning but I know now and I promise I will do better. I will pay more attention to you, be more attentive and caring too. I will spend more time sitting down with you and listening to how your days went. I know I am such a fool but please don’t leave me?” Taeyeon held on to Tiffany’s arm, stopping the woman from putting more clothes and others into the luggage.

 

“Then what, Taeyeon? What will happen after that, huh? That still cannot change the fact that you can’t ever love me and my love will be forever unrequited. I would have given you forever if that’s what it takes, but not after today. Let me go now when things are still intact. You’d find someone new and someone who can love you and be loved by you. That someone is not me.” Tiffany clenched her jaw, swallowing down the unpleasant fact that her time was limited and eventually she’d really have to say goodbye to Taeyeon for real; no more what ifs’.

 

“If you care about me even only the slightest, please let me go, Taeyeon. Stop hurting me and continuously shoving the fact that you cannot love me. I might look alright but it’s only my exterior, okay? I am hurting inside and every second I spent knowing I’d never be loved by you. I cannot do this anymore. I am not that strong, Taeyeon.” Tiffany's voice came out softly, but mostly lifelessly.

 

“I… Alright then. I am sorry for hurting you so much, Fany-ah. Will you ever come back?” Taeyeon stepped away and gave Tiffany the space she needed. If it was Tiffany who was crying endlessly before, it’s now her turn; her sadness and tears couldn’t cooperate with her logic that it kept coming out from her already red eyes.

 

“If I have enough time.” Tiffany turned her head to Taeyeon, smiling. She zipped the luggage and dragged it toward the front door.

 

“I am truly sorry.” Taeyeon could only apologize but of course, it wouldn’t change a thing. It’s already too late and her mistake couldn’t be amended.

 

“I know you are. Be a good person, alright? Eat your meals on time and don’t overwork yourself. Know your limit and know when to stop working, Taeyeon. Thank you for everything.” Tiffany said for the last time.

 

“No. I should be the one to thank you for taking care of me. And you too, Fany-ah. Stay healthy and I hope you can be happier now that you’re no longer with me.” Taeyeon’s body automatically reached out for Tiffany. She had stepped forward and her hands were already on the air until the event occurred just now snapped inside her mind; stopping her movement completely.

 

“Goodbye, Taeyeon.” Tiffany didn’t do anything. She didn’t even hug Taeyeon briefly. She only left Taeyeon a genuine smile and a simple goodbye.

 

“I.. take care, Fany.” Taeyeon let her tears slide down and sadly smiled at the retreating figure until Tiffany completely was out of her sight.

 

“I am so sorry, Tiffany. I should have done better.” Taeyeon said to no one.

 

“This is goodbye, Taeyeon. I only have 24 days more to live and I don’t think I want to extend my life longer anyway. Thank you for giving me a wonderful life albeit it’s only for a short time.” Tiffany said as she was wiping away her tears inside the empty elevator.

 

‘Even if could say the truth, I never want to burden you to love me nevertheless. Maybe it’s for the best. Nebetah, you are happy up there, aren’t you? Knowing that I have failed to maintain my life.’ Tiffany muttered mentally.

 

‘Goodbye, Kim Taeyeon. Thank you for teaching me how to love.’ Tiffany closed her eyes and the remnant of her tears streamed out for the last time.

---

 

A week passed on just like that. Life must go one no matter how different it felt for Taeyeon. The woman had tried texting Tiffany but the number was no longer active. She tried calling her many times that she couldn’t remember a day could pass without her trying to reach out for Tiffany, but the woman couldn’t be contacted at all. She had asked around too; trying to know how Tiffany was through Yongsun. However, the woman told Taeyeon that she had stopped working on the same day where Tiffany decided to move out from Taeyeon’s apartment.

 

It was foolish of Taeyeon. She only knew how she felt during Tiffany’s absence in her life. It was right; that you would feel regret and how the person meant so much for her when it was already too late. She couldn’t do anything to return back the time and Taeyeon was left with nothing but remnants of memories she still stored inside her heart. Taeyeon could now define the feelings she felt for another woman when she was no longer there. Yes, it was love; the longings, the yearning, the starvation of attention, the cavity she had inside her heart; it all screamed love. Taeyeon loved Tiffany but she wasn’t here anymore. Tiffany had given up trying to make Taeyeon love her and Taeyeon was stranded; didn’t know what to do to rectify mistakes she had foolishly done.

 

Would Tiffany find the missing pieces she had lost because Taeyeon was the one who held it for her? So she would be brought back to Taeyeon. When was the last time Tiffany thought of her? Did she think of her often or maybe occasionally? Taeyeon would even be okay if Tiffany thought of her rarely although Taeyeon thought of Tiffany literally every single day. Did Tiffany still love her because she loved Tiffany so much? Maybe that’s why it’s called Karma and why people insulted Karma as a . Because it did horrible things to your heart and brain simultaneously.

 

The table had been turned and now it’s her who felt helpless for loving Tiffany; the woman wasn’t even there and Taeyeon didn’t even know Tiffany’s whereabouts; was she okay? How did she live her day? Was she getting slimmer? Or maybe, she had succeeded in erasing Taeyeon from her memories. With the last thought, Taeyeon could only swallow the lump of bitterness and regrets forcedly. She did this to herself, to Tiffany, to them and she had to take the consequences; losing Tiffany and Taeyeon didn’t know for how long.

 

“Taeyeon Unnie. You have been staring at the same microorganism for the past 10 minutes. Are you okay? Do you want to take a break?” It was Yeri, her best friend who worked in the same lab like her.

 

“It’s okay. I am sorry I was distracted.” Taeyeon smiled and pretended to focus again; placing her eyes on the ocular lens of the microscope.

 

“You have been distracted for the past week, Unnie. You are far from being okay. Let’s take a break, shall we? It’s almost lunch anyway.” Yeri nudged Taeyeon’s arm. She was a caring and attentive friend that she realized how different Taeyeon had been lately.

 

“Okay then. Let’s go.” Taeyeon tidied things up, removed her coat, and followed Yeri outside.

 

“I have also texted Yuri Unnie to meet us in the lobby.” Yeri said as she was walking beside Taeyeon.

 

The other woman only nodded her head. Yeri sighed; this person wasn’t the same Taeyeon she had known for years. There’s must be something bothering her and whatever it was; Yeri had made up her mind that she would get to know it by today. Seeing a tortured version of Taeyeon for a consecutive week plus the fact that the woman didn’t even want to come out from her den during the weekend was more than enough to make Yeri stop pretending nothing happened to her best friend.

 

Taeyeon was busy with her phone but she didn’t type or browse anything. Yeri peeked from her peripheral sight and saw how Taeyeon was staring at a picture; it was Taeyeon with a very pretty woman whom Yeri didn’t know of. Yeri made a note she would ask her later during lunch. Taeyeon’s thumb then moved to the messaging application but Taeyeon didn’t use her other hand to type the text. She was only gazing down on the specific writing as if she was waiting for a reply. Taeyeon’s eyes were sad; like it had lost its reasons to live and the optimism Taeyeon used to have, it was no longer there.

 

Taeyeon whom Yeri used to know was cheerful and always had positive thoughts about literally everything. She was friendly and always greeted everyone she met on her way to the lab, including securities, her juniors, and even strangers she didn’t know. However, the past week had somehow formed another Kim Taeyeon; someone who was very foreign to Yeri. Current Taeyeon was pessimistic, introverted, and only said things when needed or when asked by her or other persons. She didn’t have her head up forward when she was walking; she would look down as if she was stuck inside her imagination which was closed for everyone to see. She looked sad and dejected; Taeyeon worked because it was her obligation, not because she enJessicaed what she was doing. It was totally different and if Yeri could be honest, she was very concerned about the current Taeyeon.

 

Yeri had consulted it with Yuri but just like her, Yuri didn’t have any idea what was going on with her friend. Yeri and Yuri often updated about Taeyeon with each other’s but none had the answer to reasons why Taeyeon had changed drastically. Yeri couldn’t stand back anymore, pretending that everything was alright when it was not. Yuri had told her to give Taeyeon more time, and that Taeyeon would be honest with them when the time was right. No, Yeri couldn’t wait longer. She had to know because Taeyeon was her best friend which best friend would stand around seeing her friend being hurt? Not Yeri of course.

 

Yuri drove them to the restaurant they often visited when they had more time for lunch; Yongsun’s restaurant. Yeri was sitting beside Yuri but her eyes were lingering on Taeyeon who quietly sat behind. Yeri noticed how Taeyeon’s expression changed when they almost arrived. It was like this place reminded Taeyeon or something and Yeri assumed it must be related to why Taeyeon behaved lately.

 

“Why are we here?” Taeyeon asked when Yuri was parking her car.

 

“Why not? I thought you love eating Korean food so we decided to eat here. Why? You want us to eat somewhere else?” Yuri asked as she reversed the car.

 

“No, Yuri Unnie. I want to eat here. That’d be alright with you, right Unnie?” Yeri interjected. Taeyeon gulped before nodding her head.

 

“Great! I want to eat a bowl of ramyeon and some dumplings too. What will you have, Yuri Unnie?” Yeri smiled, pretending not to look at Taeyeon’s longing eyes. What was really happening with her Taeyeon Unnie?

 

“I am craving for a delicious bibimbap.” Yuri replied, pulling up the handbrake.

 

“Come on then. I am famished!” Yeri didn’t wait for Yuri to unlock the door and already opened up the car’s door.

 

“Aish really this kid!” Yuri muttered but chuckled anyway. Taeyeon only smiled a bit and of course, it concerned Yuri. Good thing she had made an agreement with Yeri that she would ask Taeyeon about what really happened to her life lately that she had become a different person.

 

“Let’s go, Taeng!” Yuri turned to her friend.

 

“Okay.” Taeyeon slipped her phone inside her pocket and followed after her two friends.

---

 

“Now spill the truth, Unnie.” Yeri confronted as soon as they have finished eating.

 

“Slow down, Yeri-ah. You have to let Taeyeon knows first about how we have observed her different behaviors lately.” Yuri sighed.

 

“What do you mean? Are you two plotting something over me?” Taeyeon suspiciously asked.

 

“Fine. I will do that.” Yeri sipped her drink.

 

“We are your best friends, aren’t we, Unnie?” Taeyeon nodded her head almost immediately.

 

“Best friends should share about things with each other, Unnie. We didn’t mean to pry and Yuri Unnie has several times reminded me that we should give you more time and you would tell us when you’re ready but it’s been a week and you have become a different Taeyeon Unnie for me, for us.” Yeri glanced at Yuri and the older woman nodded her head as a confirmation.

 

“You look like Sadness from Pixar movie and it’s been going on for 7 consecutive days. You cannot expect us to pretend you are alright or that we don’t care enough about your wellbeing, Unnie because we care! We are frustrated to see this side of you; the sad Taeyeon who rarely smiles and always looks down to the mundane floor while walking forward and would only stupidly stare at her phone like it’s the most interesting discovery in the century during a short break.” Yeri desperately exclaimed.

 

“Yeri meant, there must be something wrong with you, Taeyeon-ah. We don’t mean to meddle in your personal life but we care for you and we couldn’t keep pretending everything is alright when we know you are being tormented inside. So, please…. Share your problem with us. Let us in, Unnie.” Yuri decided to in before Yeri became angrier and Taeyeon’s misunderstood their good intentions.

 

“I.. I want to say that I am alright. But I can’t, Yul. And Yeri-ah, I am so sorry for making you worried about me. I didn’t mean any of that. It’s just… I really don’t know what to do to make things right again. I have made a mistake, an irreparable one that is. All I can do is regret what I have done every single day and wish how things were different.” Taeyeon sighed. She knew she couldn’t hide this forever because Taeyeon was like an open book for those who knew Taeyeon that well; her attitudes would reflect what she was feeling at that time.

 

“And time moves forward while the mistakes are irreversible. I have tried to reach her but she is not there anymore. She has left me and there’s nothing I can do to make her come back to me. I have realized what I am feeling when it’s already too late.” Taeyeon clasped her face, hiding tears that already brimmed in her eyes.

 

“What do you mean? Who is ‘her’ you’re talking about” Yuri asked. Taeyeon exhaled and uncovered her face.

 

Taeyeon then started to tell the story to both women; how she met Tiffany for the first time, how she confidently admitted she had been cursed by her sister and that she was actually a daughter of Amenhotep III; how Taeyeon gave her name as Tiffany and how things developed eventually from there. Tiffany was a stranger for Taeyeon and as time went by, she had become her best friend and now someone whom Taeyeon loved dearly. Tiffany was someone that got away; getting away from Taeyeon when Taeyeon finally realized that she loved Tiffany too, the same way like how Tiffany loved her or used to at least.

 

“I will ignore the fact that her real name is so weird and that she is an Egyptian who lived in ancient history and has the same name as the name we read from a history book, Unnie. You’re basically saying you’re in love with her, right? Who is her name again, Stephanie?” Yeri asked.

 

“Tiffany.” Taeyeon corrected.

 

“But you just realized it when she feels it’s enough to wait for the uncertainty from you. She just assumed you could never love her back. More than that, you’re being so stupid by stomping on her dignity and indirectly calling her as a , Unnie.”

 

“Yah Kim Yerim, watch your mouth!” Taeyeon got emotional.

 

“Yeri-ah, stop being too rude. And I am sorry but Yeri is right, Taeng. You don’t treat and call the woman you love like how you did toward Tiffany.” Yuri tried to calm down both of her friends.

 

“I am sorry for being too much, Unnie. Put yourself in her shoes and you’d know why she did what she did. Tiffany Unnie is very patient toward you while you keep on being a selfish person who has nothing but a huge ego on you while she’s trying to keep up and be okay with everything you have done to her; you gave her these mixed signals while she loves you unconditionally right from the very beginning. It’s normal if she eventually feels tired and wanted to get away from you. How do you think she could move on if she still lives under one roof with you, Unnie?” Yeri was exasperated. Yes, Taeyeon was known as clumsy and dense, but she never knew Taeyeon would be stupid too when it came to heart problems.

 

“Yeri is right. The last thing you should do to her is throw away her dignity by insinuating that she’d do anything to continue living in our world. You don’t do that to the person you truly care for, Taeyeon-ah.” Yuri reacted too, as exasperated as Yeri felt.

 

“I know what I did wrong, Yul! And Yeri, your statements didn’t change the fact that I have said those words I never meant and that she had left me now when I finally realize how I really feel for her! I love her but I don’t know where she is, whether she lives her life happily, what clothes she wears, what meals she eats, and such. I know nothing about her for the past week and it got me worried! What if she is sick and no one is there to take care of her? What if she got lost and no one could pick her up? What if there’s someone doing bad things to her and she got no one to defend her?” Taeyeon let out her stress as tears finally made their way through her eyes.

 

“And what if she has moved on from me when I just realize that I love her too?” The last question caused more tears to escape from her eyes.

 

“Have more faith, Taeng. You are the one who resurrected her back to this mortal life. There is no way she could move on that fast from you.” Yuri who sat beside Taeyeon, pulled the woman toward her embrace.

 

“I am such a fool, Yuri-ah. I didn’t know what I have and how much she means to me until the day I have lost her.” Taeyeon mumbled and cried on Yuri’s shoulder.

 

“Have you tried asking around, Unnie? I mean, there must be someone who knows about her, right? And have you thought of things you would say to her once you’ve met her?” Yeri’s voice was filled with worries and sorry; she felt emphatic for her Unnie. Befriending her for years, it’d be the first time she saw her Unnie being desperate and hopeless over a thing called love. She herself didn’t have any lover yet but she knew how it felt to have an unrequited love. She had experienced it once and she swore, she never wanted to feel it again.

 

“She used to work here actually and I have asked Yongsun Unnie but she said she had stopped working since last week, the same day she left me.” Taeyeon stared at her unfinished food. She barely ate and her friends had forced her to eat more but she got no appetite. Now that her friends knew it was a love problem, they didn’t do anything further about the remaining food.

 

“Then Yongsun Unnie must know something! Tiffany Unnie had a good friendship with Yongsun Unnie, right? Then she would have at least come here when she decided to stop working.” Yeri snapped her fingers.

 

“And hearing your story earlier, Yongsun Unnie must have asked what happened with her and you also said she brought her luggage, right? Assuming she asked a taxi driver to wait for her with her luggage stored inside the cabin, still… Yongsun Unnie would ask where you were because she came here without you.” Yuri added as excitedly. Taeyeon’s eyes widened at the revelation. How could she not think of that before? She just believed what Yongsun told her and well, aside from being clumsy, she’s also known as a gullible person, but let’s put that fact aside for now.

 

“Uhm.. Excuse me. Is Yongsun Unnie around? Can you tell her that Yuri looks for her? Thank you.” Yuri told a random waiter who just walked past her. The waiter nodded his head and went to the backdoor, maybe summoning Yongsun.

 

“Relax, Unnie. I am sure Yongsun Unnie must know something and whatever it is, I assure you we shall obtain the info tonight.”

 

“Thanks’ Yeri-ah and I am really sorry for causing you both to worry.” Taeyeon clasped Yuri’s and Yeri’s hands over the table.

 

“That’s what friends are for, Taeng.” Yuri winked.

---

 

Taeyeon held the piece of paper dearly inside her palm. Heck, she even already remembered the words written in the paper because it explained the address of the apartment Tiffany was currently living. Yes, Yeri and Yuri had managed to persuade Yongsun to share Tiffany’s present address with Taeyeon. It took long and tiring elaboration until Yongsun could see the sincerity of Taeyeon’s feelings for the latter. Taeyeon too had to make a promise that she would never hurt Tiffany again and that she loved Tiffany very much of which her life had felt darkened since Tiffany’s departure from her life.

 

Taeyeon asked Yuri to tell the boss that she wouldn’t go back to work, reasoning that she urgently needed to go back home to get ready (showering, applying make-up, spraying Tiffany’s favorite perfume all over her body, and wearing her best coat with a turtleneck underneath) to impress the woman she loved. After a torturing week, she finally got a light of hope to meet Tiffany again and she swore, she’d drop by to florist before going straight to Tiffany’s new apartment.

 

Taeyeon dived into her pocket to grab her phone and stared at Tiffany’s picture as she was walking from the parking lot toward the apartment’s entrance. Too bad Yongsun persisted in not giving Tiffany’s new number to her, saying that if Taeyeon meant the words she said just then, she would directly go to Tiffany’s ap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter