Superstitious - Part 2

Traits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“WHAT?!” Taeyeon swore her ears just tricked her because it seemed like she heard Tiffany asked her whether it’s okay to feed her.

 

“I am sorry I think I heard you wrong, Mam. And I have had breakfast already before going to work but thank you for the offer.” Taeyeon tried to smile politely despite of the fear growing up in her chest seeing the weird version of Tiffany.

 

“But I have woken up early deliberately just for you. Can you at least eat the egg roll without rice and others?” Tiffany pouted and Taeyeon thought she needed glasses so she could see Tiffany’s expression more properly because in a blink of eyes, she swore she saw Tiffany blowing air inside her cheeks, pouting.

 

“Uhm.” Taeyeon halted, contemplating what’s happening right now. However, she still thought positively, assuming Tiffany just felt guilty of yesterday occurrence that Tiffany tried to be nicer to her.

 

“If it’s because of yesterday, then you can totally rest assure because I understand why you did that to me. I was wrong and I keep on making mistakes that you grow impatience of me.” Taeyeon carefully said, eyes staring into Tiffany’s eyes.

 

“Huh? What about yesterday? I don’t think I was wrong for scolding you but at least I did the right thing after, telling you to learn before allowing you to go back to your work normally.” Tiffany exclaimed and Taeyeon frowned deeper.

 

“If not because of that, then why did you make me breakfast? It’s not like you ever did it before, Mam. I don’t mean to offend you but this version of you makes me scared; scarier than when I have to face the angry version of you.” Taeyeon softly said. She fidgeted with her fingers, hoping her statements wouldn’t make Tiffany kill her, literally.

 

“What’s wrong in being caring? I don’t see anything wrong with me caring for you, my favourite team member.” Tiffany smiled widely and it made Taeyeon more confused. The poor younger woman was frightened now. Did Tiffany purposely do this to kick her out so she would fail the one month trial and decided to resign before her one month time end? If so, then perhaps Tiffany almost succeeded.

 

“Well, I am sorry but I have to go back to work, Mam. It’s almost 8 am and I know how you dislike indiscipline attitude so it’s better to be safe than sorry, right?” Taeyeon stood up, didn’t forget to bow before quickly getting out from Tiffany’s office room.

 

“WAIT TAE!” Tiffany was calling her name loudly. Heck, Taeyeon even heard steps behind her but she was too afraid to stop and turn around. Thus, she did what she thought she must do, running toward the exit door instead without turning back.

 

“Oh my God! I am so scared. What the hell is wrong with her anyway?” Taeyeon was hiding inside a toilet cubicle with her back resting on the locked door behind her. She clenched her chest, feeling her heart was still beating loudly no thanks’ to Tiffany’s newly found yet scary attitude toward her.

 

Taeyeon spent around 10 minutes inside the toilet cubicle, sitting and playing with her phone. She was still afraid that Tiffany was still around to chase after her. She was massaging her head when her phone rang. It was an unknown number and Taeyeon considered whether she should pick up or just let it be, thinking it could be a call from credit card marketing of life insurance sales telling her to have her life insurance should she’s caught in incident which could put her in critical condition.

 

“Hello?” At the end Taeyeon picked up the phone since her phone wouldn’t stop bugging her and it’s the same phone number.

 

“Taeyeon-ah, where are you?” Taeyeon knew her voice from anywhere. It’s the same voice which was screaming at her face and at the same time which made her scram this morning but in the cuter version.

 

“Oh, I am sorry Mam. I am in the toilet right now. Do you need some documents or data from me?” Taeyeon cleared , trying to sound normal although she’s still a little scared of Tiffany.

 

“It’s okay you can do your finish first. Don’t forget to clean up and flush the water after, okay? I just missed you already so I tried to call you. Anyway, this is my number so don’t forget to save it okay. Have a nice day, Tae!” With that, the phone was ended.

 

“The hell.” Taeyeon mumbled under her breath.

 

“Was her voice very loud yesterday that Jessica heard her and told her to be nicer to me? But still, she didn’t need to say she missed me because that’s totally out of topic.” Taeyeon rubbed her hands, feeling her nape hairs were already standing up just by replaying Tiffany’s words saying she missed Taeyeon.

 

“This is crazy but I must not be affected by her. Besides, I want to observe the changes of Steve today.” Taeyeon shook her head, hitting both of her cheeks so she could regain her focus and forget about Tiffany and her bizarre behaviour.

 

“Oh yeah I have to save her number. Ugh why must I have her number anyway?” Taeyeon mentally rolled her eyes but still added Tiffany’s number to her new contact and saved it as ‘Hwang Boss’. She put her phone inside her pocket and went back to her desk to read the procedures, guidelines, and such. If she’s lucky then maybe she could approach Steve to ask for his help. With that in mind, she put a smile on her face and walked out from the toilet.

---

 

Taeyeon was reading the guidelines about required documents necessary for vendors to charge invoice to the company when she felt there’s a person standing behind her chair. She stopped reading, didn’t forget to highlight the last page she had read before swivelling her chair around and see who the person was.

 

“Hey. Am I disturbing you?” Taeyeon was almost fell from her chair because the person turned out the very least person who would approach her.

 

“Oppa.” Taeyeon murmured, still couldn’t believe it was him. The man smiled at her. He then walked away for seconds, pulling another vacant chair so he could sit beside her.

 

“I heard people talking. I never have interest in gossips but since it’s related to a person I know, it irks me to just get the info directly from the reliable resources.” Steve started, Taeyeon enchanted mantra to herself, telling her heart to calm the hell down.

 

“So, did she threaten to fire you yesterday? And I also heard she only gave you a month to become a better employee and ask you not to do your work; just learn things going on in this company and positions related to your function. Is it true?” Taeyeon nodded her head, was clogged up that she couldn’t utter a thing. His handsomeness was just to unbelievable and oh his perfume. What perfume did he use? Because it made Taeyeon want to bring her face closer and sniff away.

 

“I feel sorry for you. However it’s rare that she even gave her team member another chance. In normal condition, she would already have the person fired. As much as I want to say you’re lucky to get that chance, I am sure you’re kind of shocked to get scolded often, right?” His stare was full of meanings and one of those was how he felt Taeyeon deserved better, or so as Taeyeon assumed.

 

“Y-yeah but I am hanging there. I want to use this chance to improve my competency.” Taeyeon chewed her bottom lip and answered shortly, not because she didn’t like talking with him but more because she’s super nervous; as if a fan meeting her idol that it made her hyperventilating yet excited at the same time.

 

“Wow, you’re adorable aren’t you?” Taeyeon blushed that it even made her face felt hot.

 

Did he just flirt with her? Did it mean that the spell Yuri enchanted for him worked? With that thought in mind, the confidence of Taeyeon boosted up because she knew, she was very sure that his heart too was beating irregularly and that it was highly possible that he couldn’t get rid of Taeyeon’s face from his mind and that’s why he decided to just come to her table so he could stare at her face directly.

 

‘Is falling in love with me that unbearable for him? Ah.. when will he ask me for a date then? Yuri, I love you so much I swear I will treat you the best lunch tomorrow!’ Taeyeon said in her mind. The smile was appearing and she couldn’t control it anymore.

 

“Since I am your direct user, I can always help you. I will explain the general job description I am doing from day to day, including my team’s KPI so you will know what you should do so all of us can achieve our targets.” The man continued since Taeyeon didn’t respond his compliment earlier. Just for the info, he’s indeed a kind-hearted man and he’s just like that to the people he’s close with and it’s including Taeyeon. And absolutely it wasn’t because of Yuri because obviously, Yuri’s mantra didn’t affect him since it was sent to a wrong address aka Hwang Stephanie.

 

“You will do that for me?” Taeyeon asked in disbelief, her eyes were glimmering and full of hopes.

 

“Of course, I will. We can always do it during lunch later. What do you think?” Taeyeon begged mentally that he would use this chance to just ask her to a date by pretending he would help her when in fact, he wanted to ask her to a romantic dinner, just the two of them during lunch later. However, Taeyeon’s imagination balloons were popped up when an unwanted party came over.

 

“She doesn’t need your help.” Taeyeon sharply breathed. The same voice she disliked was heard again.

 

“Ah. Good afternoon, Miss Tiffany.” Steve stood up and bowed politely. He tried to smile but the glare from Tiffany aborted his plan to smile sincerely.

 

“Do you not have something to work with? It’s not even lunch so why are you here and bothering my team?” Tiffany ignored the greeting and said bitter words to the latter.

 

“I am sorry. I was just here to offer Taeyeon my help since my work is related to hers.” Steve tried to explain.

 

“Did I ask you to help her?” The man shook his head.

 

“Taeyeon, did you ask for his help?” Taeyeon gulped nervously. What should she answer?

 

“Y-yes, I did. I personally asked his help since I know he would do it and besides, I have known him since college so we’re quite close. Right, Steve?” Taeyeon’s eyes were seeking for support from Steve. Too bad, she didn’t pay much attention that she didn’t realize how Tiffany was now throwing daggers at the poor man.

 

“Well if I need help from operation, I would have already called your superior.” Tiffany strictly exclaimed and the poor man couldn’t argue back since Tiffany was a manager and he was 2 levels lower than her and even if he’s at the same level, still he wouldn’t do it because he’s a gentleman and it’s not good to fight with women.

 

“And you, Taeyeon-ah. I have told you that I would contact the superiors to help you, right?” Tiffany’s voice softened and Taeyeon grew panic.. again.

 

“Y-yes, Mam.” Taeyeon stuttered.

 

“And you will have lunch with me. I will be the one responsible to teach you about the mapping process and other things you need to know.” Tiffany smiled genuinely and Taeyeon grew more panic, if it’s possible.

 

“Go back to your desk, Steve. You are dismissed.” The man could only nod his head weakly and turned around, leaving the two women.

 

“Are you hungry already, Tae?” Tiffany’s voice was full of concerns. Even the people around her who worked were now staring at them. Surely, they were curious what could make Tiffany become soft to Taeyeon when it’s only yesterday the same Tiffany shouted at Taeyeon.

 

“N-not really.” Taeyeon smiled awkwardly.

 

“But I am.” Tiffany pouted and the people were almost standing right now, couldn’t believe their own ears and eyes.

 

“Let’s go to lunch right now, please?” The people were already standing. It’s as if there’s a huge commotion when it’s only Tiffany being struck with bizarreness that she became unbelievably kind to Taeyeon.

 

“Okay then.” Feeling uncomfortable under people’s scrutiny, Taeyeon initiatively grabbed Tiffany’s hand and walked out from people’s weird stare.

 

“Omo you are so aggressive, Tae!” Tiffany exclaimed as she was pulled by Taeyeon to the elevator.

 

“Seriously, what is wrong with you, Mam?” Taeyeon asked breathlessly. She was smaller than Tiffany and pulling her was already tiring Taeyeon out.

 

“Nothing is wrong.” Tiffany answered almost immediately. Taeyeon didn’t ask further and Tiffany stayed quiet so they just waited for the elevator to come and pick them up.

 

Tiffany looked shy as she was walking side by side with Taeyeon. By now, Taeyeon had already released Tiffany’s hand but it’s just Taeyeon assumptions or what that she felt Tiffany’s hand was purposely brushing her hand every time she swung her hands while walking. Immediately, she created more distance so their hands wouldn’t be brushing against each other.

 

“So, my car is that way.” Tiffany said and Taeyeon nodded her head, following Tiffany until they have reached the parking area.

 

“Let me drive, Mam.” Taeyeon politely said, asking for the car’s key. Tiffany rummaged after her purse and gave Taeyeon the key.

 

Taeyeon unlocked the driver’s door and entered it. However, she looked how Tiffany was still standing beside the passenger’s door. She was forced to go out of the car and looked what was wrong. She had unlocked the door as well but why Tiffany hadn’t entered?

 

“Uhm, would you please open it for me?” Tiffany shyly asked and Taeyeon could only sigh. It only added one more thing to dislike about Tiffany; being bossy all the time. Taeyeon didn’t want to argue about trivial things so she came over and opened the door for Tiffany.

 

“Thank you.” Little did Taeyeon know that Tiffany only wanted to be treated as a woman because her eyes, mind, soul, logic had been bewitched that she could only have Taeyeon haunting her mind. However, the point of view from Tiffany shall be explained later.

 

“What is your favourite food, Tae?” Tiffany asked when Taeyeon started up the engine and drove out from their company building area.

 

“Korean food, Mam. What about you?” Taeyeon asked in return, being polite and all.

 

“Born and raised in U.S, I prefer American food but let’s try Korean food for now.” Tiffany smiled. Taeyeon pretended not to see it and continued driving.

 

“I don’t mind eating American food, as long as it has rice.” Taeyeon blurted out casually.

 

“Really? You would do that for me? Sacrificing your favourite food just so I can enjoy mine?” Taeyen was unable to control her expression now; it’s as if her face was yelling ‘what the hell?! Why is she so exaggerating?’

 

“You hate me, don’t you? I am a bad person, a worst superior you could ever get, and have odd personalities.” Tiffany’s face turned sour and it made Taeyeon feeling guilty. She sighed, breathing deeply, figuring out what she should do. The kind version of Tiffany was scary but the moody one made her wanted to escape from Tiffany and her bizarre world immediately.

 

“I don’t hate you, Mam.”

 

“You lied. You even called me Mam just now although we’re already outside of work.” Tiffany’s statement made Taeyeon frowned.

 

“It’s because you are still my superior no matter where we are, Mam. Plus you are older than me.” Taeyeon replied, eyes still focused on the road. Heck, Tiffany hadn’t even told her where they would be going and now they were talking about random and not important things.

 

“Do you dislike older woman, Tae? But usually an older lover would be wiser and more matured. She can understand her younger lover better than a lover who has the less .” Tiffany advised and if Taeyeon didn’t know any better, she would have assumed that she’s talking about herself..

 

“I still like men, Mam.” Taeyeon shortly announced, hoping Tiffany would drop the topic already. It felt weirder as seconds passed to sit beside Tiffany and hearing her talking about too random things such as preference and genders.

 

“How old are you, Tae?” Tiffany changed the topic and Taeyeon felt so relieved.

 

“I am 23 years old, Mam.”

 

“It’s Tiffany for you or in short, you can even call me Fany outside of work. And I am 30 years old by the way.” Tiffany informed and Taeyeon didn’t know what to reply her so she stayed silenced.

 

“Are you not curious whether I already have a lover or not, Tae?” There she was again. What’s with her and too personal question anyway?

 

“It’s your personal business, Ma- Fany. I don’t want to pry.” Taeyeon thought at least she could do one thing for Tiffany just so she wouldn’t feel too bad for keep on replying shortly at her.

 

“I broke up with my ex a year ago. We should have been married this April but I changed my mind halfway. I was afraid of marriage, Tae. I am afraid I am incapable to make my husband happy because all my younger years, I only know how to work well as an employee.” Tiffany stated.

 

“It’s kind of ridiculous, I know but that’s the truth. I also am afraid that I won’t find the happiness I seek in marriage. I am worried the world of marriage is too different from when we’re just merely being lovers.” Tiffany added.

 

“Uhm.. Thank you for the information?” Taeyeon said unsure.

 

“Say, Taeyeon-ah. Do you think I am attractive?” Taeyeon growled inside her mind. Not this kind of question again, Taeyeon desperately said mentally.

 

“Yes, you are.” Taeyeon sighed. She quickly made a U-turn when she glanced at McDonald’s restaurant. They needed to arrive quickly so she could get away from the narrow spaces between her and Tiffany and suffocated questions from her.

 

“Uh, we have arrived. Let’s go!” Taeyeon added quickly before Tiffany had enough time to respond. She unbuckled her seatbelt and got out from the car, escaping from Tiffany.

 

Taeyeon was actually nervous that eating out with Tiffany would be again awkward and made her uncomfortable. Nevertheless, Taeyeon’s worries didn’t happen because as Tiffany promised, she explained about work instead. It’s like Tiffany odd mode had suddenly switched into a professional one; the mode Taeyeon used to hate but grow to love now, compared to Tiffany’s bizarre attitudes.

 

“So, since you’re still at entry level, you don’t need to search for the vendors. Let your leader do that. All you must ensure is things related to reports and data. In short, all of the things related to vendors’ administration.” Tiffany intelligently explained.

 

“But it doesn’t mean you won’t contact with vendors at all. There are times the vendors shall contact you either verbally or through email to ask about when they shall get paid. When it happens, you only need to be the bridge between vendors and finances. Just forward the email to finance area and ensured the vendors are cc-ed.” Tiffany continued. Taeyeon paid attention meticulously, feeling amazed at how smart Tiffany was because she could explain to Taeyeon using words that could be understood easily by the latter.

 

“Have you read the guidelines about required documents for vendors’ invoicing?” Taeyeon nodded her head. They were eating but at the same time it’s like lecturing session as well. Tiffany ate her fries every now and then. When it’s time for Taeyeon to talk, the older woman would take a bite at her beef burger.

 

“The guidelines probably only informs the general documents but actually, the type of documents needed depends on the type of services. It applies too for the tax; the tax deducted also depends on the type of services that the vendors provide us.” Taeyeon thankfully brought her notes so she wrote it down on her notebook. She ate faster so she had done eating and was able to write while Tiffany was still eating while explaining.

 

“Feel free to ask if there’s still thing you don’t understand.” With that, the conversation continued for 20 minutes more until Tiffany’s phone rang and she was asked to go back to the company since she would have meeting that afternoon.

 

“Thank you for today, Mam.” Taeyeon said before she gave back Tiffany’s car key.

 

“Keep it with you so you can drive me home after work later.” Tiffany winked and left her. Taeyeon’s brain was still booting that she didn’t even realize that Tiffany was no longer there.

 

“WHAT?!”

---

 

Taeyeon was tired mentally and physically that day. Tiffany wasn’t joking when she said she had to drive her home but this time, Tiffany didn’t talk much since she only gave her the address to her apartment and fell asleep during the ride. Arriving there, Taeyeon was about to order online taxi when Tiffany told her to just drive her car home so she could again fetch Tiffany in the morning.

 

“It’s so weird, Yul. She kept on bothering me that day! I cannot even have lunch with Steve because of her!” Taeyeon called her best friend as soon as she had her back rested on the bedpost, telling her about the day she just barely passed.

 

“Do you think it’s because she feels guilty of what she had done yesterday?” Yuri replied.

 

“I am thinking that too but come on, it’s not like it’s the first time she scolded me anyway and she never felt guilty before so why now?” Taeyeon sighed.

 

“Because it’s the first time you told her that it’s okay to just fire you. Maybe she never had others talked to her that way. She must be surprised to have you challenged her back. Usually dominant people would finally back down when there’s someone who could argue with her. You know, instead of begging, you asked to be kicked out literally.” Yuri reasoned out and Taeyeon too innocently agreed with her friend’s opinion.

 

“So what should I do to make her change her mind, Yul! I cannot even get the benefits from your spell over Steve because she’s around.” Taeyeon grunted.

 

“Poor Oppa for his undeniable love for me feels unrequited. How can I show him that his feelings for me are actually reciprocated, Yul when she’s always there?! Ugh!” Taeyeon’s character was too unadorned because she hadn’t known how Yuri was wrong and actually the cause of Tiffany’s odd behaviour.

 

“I know, right. He must be feeling stressed right now. It’s gonna be very hard for him, Tae because he has to have enough determination to control himself from always wanting to be by your side and staring at your face. He would feel headache because he couldn’t spend time with you today.” Yuri said.

 

“Oh poor Oppa~ I feel very guilty right now.” Taeyeon was about to cry thinking of how he must be feeling right now.

 

“Just ensure you have plenty of time to spend with him tomorrow.”

 

“I will anything in my capacity to be around him all day long.” Taeyeon said with full of determination.

 

“As for your boss, my suggestion is if you don’t want her to keep on feeling guilty and disturbing you through her odd behaviour I think you should just be an obedient employee for her, Tae. Don’t argue with her. My intuition said she did and would keep on doing that just to annoy you, Tae so the more you persist, the more she’d be around you.” Yuri blurted out baselessly. She knew well that she had to do meditation first before she could conclude which was right and which was wrong oh but she’s too sleepy to do that now.

 

“Do you think so? But her request is so ugh! She even asked me to drive her home this evening, Yul! She too asked me out to lunch.” Taeyeon informed exasperatedly.

 

“See?! And she succeeded in her mission! You’d become annoyed, had you not?” Yuri emphasized that her baseless theory was right.

 

“YES! I AM SO ANNOYED!” Taeyeon talked louder.

 

“That’s why you need to calm your down, buddy! Just stop arguing with her, okay? Just do what she wants you to do no matter how unreasonable it’d be.” Yuri reminded her; Yuri as her best friend and the same Yuri as her fortune teller.

 

“I promise, Yul.”

 

“Good. Now we better rest, especially you since you’re tired today.”

 

“Thank you so much for the advice, Yul. You are like the bestest best friend ever gifted from God to me.” Taeyeon praised.

 

“Undoubtedly. Night, Tae!” Oh if only Yuri knew what her advices would cause Taeyeon later; because she had told the poor innocent woman to do whatever she’s told by Taeyeon’s boss; the very same Stephanie that she had bewitched.

---

 

The morning came too quickly and Taeyeon didn’t even feel the excitement because she needed to pick up Tiffany. It was already 6 am but she was still lazily tossing and turning on her bed, didn’t feel like to go to work today. Not long after, her phone rang and she already had an idea whom the caller would be.

 

“Hello?” Taeyeon answered still with the cracked voice since she just woke up.

 

“Morning, Boo! Pick me up early so we can have breakfast together at my apartment, okay?” Taeyeon immediately sat up after hearing the nickname Tiffany just used on her. She might be raised and born in Korea but she knew about English lectures and if she’s not mistaken, boo was similar like honey… right?

 

“Morning, Mam. I don’t want to trouble you. I will just have my breakfast at home.” Taeyeon politely declined. It didn’t count as challenging Tiffany, did it?

 

“But I want to cook for you. Boo. You didn’t eat my cooking yesterday and now you’re rejecting my offer.” Tiffany’s voice sounded sad and suddenly Taeyeon was reminded of Yuri’s advice; that she must not heed Tiffany’s pleading no matter how nonsense it was.

 

“Okay then. I will be there in 40. Will it be okay for you?” Taeyeon sighed and said yes at the request.

 

‘Anything to stop Tiffany from continuously annoying me. I need to get rid of her quickly so I could be with my Oppa anyway.’ Taeyeon said in her mind.

 

“Yeay! I will be waiting for you then. Drive safely, Boo.” Tiffany kissed Taeyeon from the phone and it made Taeyeon wanted to vomit.

 

“What a way to annoy me, Tiffany.” Taeyeon cursed after the line went dead. With a heavy heart, she got ready and went to Tiffany’s apartment.

 

“She texted me that her apartment number is 801.” Taeyeon talked to herself as she was inside the elevator, going to the 8th floor. It was easy to find Tiffany’s apartment room because it’s exactly located 3 steps from the elevator. Taeyeon pressed the bell and waited.

 

“Morning, Boo! You’re finally here!” Tiffany hugged Taeyeon tightly and Tiffany’s Tom Ford perfume attacked Taeyeon’s nostrils immediately. Her scent was nice, too nice actually. Taeyeon quickly composed herself and withdrew her body away from Tiffany.

 

“Uhm yeah. Let’s have a speedy breakfast so we won’t be late.” Taeyeon said. She led herself inside Tiffany’s apartment which by the way dominantly painted in pink colour that it made Taeyeon wanted to just close her eyes if possible. The colour was not to her liking although she couldn’t say it out loud to Tiffany.

 

Tiffany then overtook Taeyeon to guide her to the small dining table beside the kitchen area. The apartment room was spacious, more than enough to accommodat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter