Mysterious - 1

Traits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hello, baby?” Tiffany snorted quietly hearing the nickname her still boyfriend called her.

 

“Khun Oppa. Let’s break up.” Tiffany didn’t bother to waste another second and said her real intention to the other party.

 

“I am sorry, I was outside. What did you say again? I almost think you just asked me for a break up.”

 

“I did say that. We are through.” Tiffany expressionlessly said.

 

“Wh-what?! Bu-but why? We were okay yesterday and even last night we had a phone call. You never hinted anything that you’re gonna break up with me.” The voice sounded nervous and he even stammered because of the odd request he just received from his girlfriend.

 

“We did yesterday but today is different. I have said what I wanted to say so hmm.. goodbye then.” Tiffany almost hung up when the man on the line begged her not to hang up just yet.

 

“Wait! At least please explain to me why you want to break up with me!” He pleaded but Tiffany didn’t feel pity for him, not even at the slightest bit.

 

“I am bored of you.”

 

“Huh? B-bored? Are you being serious?”

 

“Yes.” Tiffany sighed, already tired. She knew every break up would cause a drama and this one wasn’t an exception.

 

“What did I do wrong that you got bored of me, bab-“

 

“Stop calling me that.”

 

“Yeah, so what mistakes that I have done to you? What triggered your boredom? Maybe I still can fix it so there’s no need to go as far as breaking up, Bab- Tiff. Please?”

 

“There is nothing you can do about it, okay? I. Am. Bored. Period.” Tiffany emphasized with flat intonation, hoping he would just give up and accept her decision.

 

“I swear I will change into a better person. What do you want me to do then? Say it and I will grant it! As long as we still can be together, yeah?”

 

“I want to break up. Grant it or not it’s none of my problem.” Tiffany inhaled deeply.

 

“You have wasted enough of my precious time. You’re lucky enough I have spent a month with you, Khun so please.. Rather than being a pathetic man, just be appreciative for that one month, okay? Starting this second you and I are over.” Tiffany finally hung up, didn’t want to spend another second to hear his endless plea.

 

Tiffany wiped the sweats on her forehead. She felt tired because it felt like the conversation had emptied her energy to make her boyfriend, now ex understood why she had to break it off, why it didn’t work, and lastly why she kept on insisting how it wouldn’t work no matter how many attempts they both had done or more like him alone.

 

Tiffany retrieved her mobile phone again from her purse slinging on her shoulder and dialled her friend’s number, asking where she was and whether she was with the others or not. A smile appeared on her face as she was heading to the cafeteria where her friends were at. She asked them to wait for her so she could have lunch too.

 

“There she is!” A hand waved on Tiffany as the latter was nearing the table where her friends at.

 

“Yo, Tiff! Why are you alone? Where is Khun Oppa?” Hyomin, the oldest amongst all and also the person who had the thickest make-up on her face greeted her first.

 

“I don’t know.” Tiffany sat on the vacant seat beside Yubin, another friend of her.

 

“Wait.. You have ended it? But it’s barely 1 month, Tiff! And I thought this would be the longest relationship you’ve ever had.” Uee commented while munching the kimbab inside .

 

“Yah! Swallow first then talking.” Bora, the last person in her famous girls gang that was very well-known and famous around the entire campus; if not because they were rich then maybe because of their easily identified beauty. Too good to be true, the five women had it all; beauty and wealth.

 

“Well.. What do you expect?” Tiffany smirked, feeling proud because she had just dumped probably the most handsome person who’s active in campus council as well as being the basketball captain and didn’t feel bad at all about it.

 

“Dunno. You got bored again of your boyfriend who is by the way different person from last month?” Hyomin, being the oldest yes but sadly didn’t mean the most matured one asked.

 

“Oh it’s nothing new.” Tiffany laughed. She grabbed Uee’s kimbab with her bare hand and brought it to .

 

Indeed all of her friends have known Tiffany’s habits that could easily knitted and ended a relationship as much as she wanted to; if the guy was lucky enough then maybe Tiffany would stay with him for a month or more but if not, Tiffany would already ask to end things in just few weeks or worse, days.

 

“Oh well, his lost not yours.” Yubin commented.

 

“Indeed. That’s why we must not let my routine break-up story be the reason we aren’t clubbing tonight. All the cost for tonight will be tabbed in my bills! Even if you need ‘extra services’!” Tiffany winked and her friends cheered altogether, feeling zest that Tiffany had known them and their special needs too well.

 

“Yeaayy to that!!” Bora cheered. She raised her hand, asking for high five from all the girls.

 

Tiffany was used to fake a happy smile and lifted her hand as well, tossing her hands with the others. Tiffany’s friends had known very well that Tiffany wasn’t the kind of person that liked to talk in details about things she didn’t like; what she felt and she thought about the events took place around her. She was just being her, keeping everything bottled inside like she was the person who had most freedom in the world; a woman who was free of issues and problems because she’s that perfect.

 

Her friends thought that the exterior they had seen from Tiffany was the real Tiffany so when she told them that she was okay, her friends would believe it; if Tiffany said she had never been bothered by trivial issues such as relationships then her friends would trusted her simply like that because her friends always assumed relationships Tiffany had had was nothing but a mere status for Tiffany; to show people how influential and perfect she was; that she couldn’t stay single for too long because numbers of men already lined up even prior to the breakup events. Tiffany was their leader and their wealth was nothing compared to what Tiffany’s families had so who are they to judge or to comment? No one.

 

“All in, right? Since this occasion is held for me and my new status.” Tiffany asked the girls slashed her members with an arrogant smirk.

 

“Of course, I am!” Yubin tried cheerfully reacted and confirmed. She then took the bottle of the water, uncapped it and gulped the content.

 

‘Nothing is special about breaking up with another man anyway’ Tiffany thought inside her head.

 

“I will pick you up at 7 then. We can eat dinner at the luxurious hotel as usual before hitting the club.” Hyomin then typed something on her phone, updating to her SNS that she and her ‘best’ friends would go clubbing at the usual place this night.

 

“Let’s find new candidates for you starting tonight, Tiffy!” Hyomin then showed her phone’s screen to her friends, including Tiffany. There were some comments already, saying that they would be there as well because the group contained of pretty girls that people were willing to sacrifice their monthly allowance just for a chance to dance with one of them.

 

“Ah! Isn’t that great, Tiff! As for me, I will certainly recruit a man with potential sword down there to satisfy me tonight.” Bora smirked. Tiffany’s lips curved upward too, trying to smile. She knew Bora was the type of woman who liked having one night stands anyway so it’s not rare if she said she wanted to get laid tonight.

 

“Shouldn’t I come first before any of you? So yah, Bora! You have to find candidates for me first before you find for yourself, understand?” Tiffany glared at her friend named Bora.

 

“Yah! Know your place here!” Yubin joined the argument and slapped Bora’s arm.

 

“Ara ara.. I am sorry, Tiff. I swear I shall prioritize you first tonight.” Bora apologized and smiled sheepishly.

 

“By the way, who will be responsible of my well-being tonight? Whose turn is it to drive me home later?” Tiffany eyed each girl as her eyes were moving from left to right.

 

“Don’t worry, I will drive you home, Tiff. But if I am too drunk to do that, you better ask your driver to pick you up from pub building okay!” Hyomin said.

 

“Sure. I will tell my drivers to standby tonight.” Tiffany winked.

 

They continued chatting; talking about nothingness most of the time because they weren’t girls who loved studying. They could be categorized as delinquent girls who of their parent’s wealth to continue living, drinking, and socialized with whoever they interested with. Tiffany thought that at least she was someone whom people could look up to for as long as she stayed with the group. It’s not the best choice but it’s such a hassle to look for a new one, moreover her friends were anything a normal person would want from friends; famous, rich, and gorgeous. At least that’s what Tiffany kept telling herself so she wouldn’t get too stressed of her dull life.

---

 

Just like most of her friends, Tiffany came from very wealthy parents. Her families often appeared in magazine, especially of which were related to business. Hwang Empires was the kind of name that common people wouldn’t want to mess with. Their businesses were everywhere and every person with Hwang on his/her name could be guaranteed as an important person in the company, but not her. Not yet at least because she’s still studying and should be graduated in 2 – 3 years if things go as planned.

 

She got two older siblings; the eldest one was a woman named Michele and the second eldest was Leo with her as the last child in her family. She didn’t have any idea whether her birth was planned or accidental because the age difference was no kidding; Leo was older than her by 13 years old while Michele was 16 years older. That’s being said, both siblings were now married and happily inherited their parents’ wealth as well as their portions of business.

 

Another evidence which made Tiffany sometimes wondered to herself was the fact that her parent was already very old by now; her mother had passed away while her father was almost 70, 68 years old to be exact.  Being rich, they had plenty of maids were standby at home but still, maids were different from their own children, right? That’s why she was always be the one who accompanied her father to have their health checked and controlled while Leo and Michele were busy somewhere else.

 

As if her problems were not enough, the issues in her life didn’t stop there. She studied economy management and perhaps that’s also why she could be easily befriend the ‘it’ girls and being a social butterfly around her campus. But deep down inside her heart, her study department was far from her original passion.

 

She loved art and she felt in love with fashion ever since she’s still a kid, proven by how much time she spent drawing designs of dresses during her spared time since she’s still elementary school and how much love she had for fashion show and modelling, not because of she wanted to be the model but because she hoped she’s the one who designed the clothes and dresses that the models wore. Too bad, her father disapproved her passion and forced her to study economy because they wanted her to be the specialist in trading and stocks forecaster that their companies needed. Again, she was unable to express what she really wanted for the umpteenth time.

 

Being the last child and forced to study the subject that’s far from her passion have changed Tiffany not in the good way. Unlike her older siblings, she had a heavy burden on her shoulder to take care of her father and did things she didn’t want to. She tried to stay happy and busy by spending her time with her friends whom most probably didn’t care about her well-being too since they would always suggest drinking and clubbing as the best solutions to whatever your problems were.

 

So far, Tiffany’s problems were caused by her families, her unwanted study subject, and her nonchalant friends. The last one (hopefully) was her garbage relations; oh it’s relationships she meant. Her exes were not varied since most of them were handsome rich men who cared about nothing but her look, hot body, and thirst for her attention. Tiffany was undoubtedly stunning, undeniably famous and rich and the list went on and on. That’s maybe also why she had become a trophy every man desired. Being on the same boat, Tiffany too never took any of her exes seriously because why should she when none of them truly cared about her. She would kick them from her life as soon as she had enough of them; boring, too possessive, bossy, narcissist, and the list were endless.

 

Tiffany was now inside the crowded pub with her friends but she wasn’t interested, not even a bit to mingle with the unknown slash strangers people who had her bodies dancing and moving in every way as their hands sneakily touched the should have been forbidden assets. But since their assets were almost exposed for people to see and feel so, who could be blamed, right?

 

Her eyesight was far and empty. She was sitting on the stool, watching the bartender providing services to other customers and sometimes her eyes wandered to her friends who were all now at the dance floor; wiggling and moving their bodies according to the music’s beat. She sipped her drink until it’s empty and beckoned the bartender to refill her glass.

 

She was surrounded by countless people; men and women, yet why she was feeling lonely? There were many people inside the same pub with her but why it’s as if she was alone? She couldn’t understand too. She felt empty and aside of that, she felt numb. Her ex even cried when she said she had enough of the relationship but she couldn’t feel anything, not even pity.

 

Screening her background and where she came from, she was undeniably rich. She could go anywhere she wanted; Europe, America, even Antarctica but being away from Korea too didn’t mean she was happy. She had done many things commoners couldn’t do but she still felt bored of her life. She had numerous experiences of being in relationships with different men too and yet most of the time, she ended things because of one thing; boredom.

 

What was wrong with her? Was it because she’s shut herself from others and didn’t let anyone to know things about her if it’s not trivial or it was them who didn’t want to know more about her? Tiffany sighed, unable to answer the question. She was determined, she would just let her problems sink for now through alcohol and maybe when she’s in the mood, she would let it resurface again but definitely it’s not now.

 

“Hey, why are you here?” Uee walked toward Tiffany and put her hand on Tiffany’s exposed shoulder.

 

“Where should I be then?” Tiffany played along.

 

“With us on the dance floor. Aren’t you planning to snatch another man to be yours?” Uee tapped the man sitting beside Tiffany and asked him with seductive voice to move so she could sit there. The man sheepishly grinned and finally moved after being helplessly bewitched by Uee’s beauty.

 

“Not tonight, Uee. I just want to continue drinking because you know, I prefer drinking than dancing.” Tiffany put her left leg across her right one. She stirred the brownish translucent drink and smiled confidently at Uee.

 

“Oh come on. I know you are not sad, not even a bit. If anything, he should be the one who’s crying now for losing you.” Uee grinned. She then called the bartender to give her the similar drink like Tiffany’s.

 

“Then maybe let me represent his sorrow by drinking right now. Cheers?” Tiffany lifted her glass and moved it toward Uee.

 

“You’re awesome, you know that? But, cheers to that!” Uee clanked her glass with Tiffany.

 

“I know I am, Uee.” Tiffany’s lips curved upward, giving the confident smile to her friend.

 

“Ah I wish I could be half as good as you.” Uee declared. She had been a fan for Tiffany; Tiffany was perfect for Uee and most probably her other friends too were secretly admired Tiffany because of what she had; perfection.

 

“You are now. Stop worrying too much.” Tiffany replied before sipping her drink again.

 

“So how many relationships you have ended so far?” Uee chuckled, feeling amused of Tiffany’s power over men.

 

“Honestly, I have lost count after 30.” Tiffany proudly bragged.

 

“Daebak! But seriously, all of your exes are men. Don’t you want to try to you know, changing course?” Uee wagged her eyebrows playfully at Tiffany.

 

“I have never thought about that. Maybe I should reconsider your idea though. Men are boring and lately my boredom comes quicker than before. Perhaps different course would give me different insight.” Tiffany leaned back to the bar table behind her, resting her upper body on it.

 

“Let me know if you have changed your mind, okay? I have many girls to introduce you.” Uee smiled widely.

 

“Sure. I will let you know.” Tiffany shortly replied.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter