Judgmental - Part 2

Traits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s so nosy here!” Tiffany said loudly to Jessica. They were already inside the club where the company’s celebration party was held.

 

“WHAT?!” Jessica screamed.

 

“IT’S TOO CROWDED!!” Tiffany hollered. Jessica nodded her head, signing that she could hear what Tiffany said to her.

 

“Let’s go.” Jessica beckoned Tiffany to go to the bar.

 

“1 Margarita. What do you want?” Jessica turned to Tiffany.

 

“Dry Martini.” Tiffany told the bartender.

 

“Let’s go meeting the others.” Jessica said while sipping her drink.

 

“Nah. I am good. You can go, I’ll stay here.” Tiffany turned down the offer.

 

“Why not? Who knows you can meet your prince here.” Jessica persuaded. Tiffany shook her head.

 

“Oh come on, Tiff! You’re literally wearing the most beautiful dress I have in my cupboard.” Jessica appointed Tiffany’s red dress which showed the cleavage with extreme split strappy back paired with heels and earrings that would draw all attentions and eyes for Tiffany.

 

“Oh shush. You know I only wear this because you didn’t give lend me other dresses you have.” Tiffany rolled her eyes.

 

“But I swear you look good in it! I have worn it but I didn’t look as half good as you.” Jessica added.

 

“Talk to my hand, Jessi. You know well your body shape is much better than mine. Look at you, your dress is not more revealing but still it couldn’t hide your assets very well.” Jessica wore the knee length strapless dress with twist front detail and concealed zip fastening.

 

“Nevertheless, I am taken, Tiff but you are not.” Jessica shrugged.

 

“Let’s at least meet John and Rebecca? Don’t you get curious about how their relationship is after what happened in the studio?” Jessica tried again to make Tiffany change her mind.

 

“Sighed. Fine. And it’s only because I want to meet them, okay?”

 

“Okay okay, whatever you say, Tiff.” Both women emptied their glasses before searching for the married couple. Jessica kindly greeted people she knew at work and even some she didn’t even know before. Meanwhile, Tiffany only smiled when someone called her name.

 

It turned out that John and Rebecca were with someone who was Tiffany’s least favourite, none other than Taeyeon herself. They were standing near the dancing floor, talking something excited that they would often laugh to express their emotions. It was obvious that Rebecca has reconciled with John, stated from how John had his hand wrapped around Rebecca’s waist.

 

“Hey! You look like you just got married yesterday!” Jessica greeted.

 

“Jessica! You look outstanding tonight.” John complimented.

 

“And Tiffany! Oh my, now who wouldn’t have their eyes glued at you, darling? You look absolutely glamorous.” Rebecca turned to Tiffany and hugged her.

 

“Thanks. You look beautiful too, Becca.” Tiffany smiled.

 

“Hey, Tiff. Rebecca is right. You are wonderful tonight.” Taeyeon couldn’t lie. The way Tiffany looked tonight was totally mesmerizing. It didn’t mean that Jessica was less beautiful but it’s like Tiffany was at different level.

 

“Uhm thank you, Taeyeon.” Tiffany answered half-heartedly.

 

“I don’t like her at first too, Tiff. Moreover that there’s possibility she would take our job away but after airing with her just one time, I know she’s a good person. Yes, she is extremely annoying on air but outside the studio, she’s an adorable woman.” As a woman, Rebecca’s intuition was quite sharp and she knew the way Tiffany avoided Taeyeon’s eyes meant she disliked the latter.

 

“Is there something wrong between you two?” John joined into the conversation.

 

“Actually-“ Taeyeon was interrupted.

 

“Nothing you should be worried of.” Tiffany smiled not too sincerely.

 

“I have asked the same question over and over again to her, John but she kept giving me the same answer!” Jessica butted in.

 

“Nothing you should be worried of.” Jessica mimicked Tiffany’s expression and statement earlier.

 

“It’s okay. I mean, we haven’t known each other that well and Tiffany only knows Taeyeon on TV so she couldn’t be blamed if she doesn’t like me.” Taeyeon said and indirectly defended Tiffany.

 

“Then what are you waiting for? Befriend her!” John slapped Tiffany’s shoulder lightly.

 

“It’s true, Tiff! She is good friend although I just started befriending her by today.” Rebecca laughed at her own statement.

 

“Stop making her uncomfortable. It’s not like I will be gone by tomorrow. We still have lots of time to befriend each other, right Tiff?” Taeyeon again tried to stand up for Tiffany. She was worried, instead of Tiffany wanting to befriend her; current conversation would make her stay way further from her.

 

“Aw, Taeyeon~ Why are you keep on defending her? Do you like her, huh?” Jessica teased.

 

“Now I see. Is it true, Taeyeon? But more importantly, do you swing that way Tiff?” It’s Rebecca’s turn to ask.

 

“No I am not swing that way and there’s no way we can like each other, at least I know that I don’t and will never like her.” With that, Tiffany stomped away leaving the group.

 

“What is wrong with her? What have you done to her, Taeyeon until she loathed you that much?” John asked Taeyeon.

 

“Bad things for sure.” Taeyeon smiled a little.

 

“Let me catch up with her.” Taeyeon added and dashed away, trailing Tiffany.

 

Taeyeon passed through the crowds, slipping away with her petite body while keeping her eyes on Tiffany’s back. Taeyeon couldn’t figure out why she cared so much whether Tiffany hated her or not. In the back of her mind, the only possibility was because she felt guilty and she knew she would work with Tiffany for a long long time. She had one year contract, subject to extend with the new production and there’s no way she would experience that one year being enemies with Tiffany.

 

“Tiffany!!” Taeyeon yelled. Tiffany was already standing in front of the entrance.

 

“Why are you following me?! Can’t you just stop appearing in front of me?!” Tiffany was resentful for she kept on meeting Taeyeon, the person she didn’t want to see the most. But weirdly, Taeyeon was everywhere Tiffany was at.

 

“I am sorry okay.” Taeyeon sincerely apologized.

 

“There’s nothing to be forgiven. Look if this is still about how you called me wrinkled, old lady then let’s just forget it, okay? I am tired with you saying sorry to me and having your face everywhere.” Tiffany emphasized. Taeyeon’s eyes looked sad, it was clear from how Taeyeon’s eyes were starting to watery. But it’s not Tiffany’s fault, was it?

 

“I am truly sorry for what I have said, Tiff. What can I do to make you forgive me? We still need to work together for a year!” Taeyeon desperately pleaded.

 

“Just stay away from me and I would feel grateful.” Tiffany strictly answered. Taeyeon didn’t say anything in return and with that, Tiffany made a U-Turn and went deeper into the club.

 

The party went on for 3 hours already. It’s not an actual party since the head of division merely said speech for 15 minutes and after, the crowds were allowed to have fun on their own. There were people playing games, 7 minutes in heaven as the grand prize and Tiffany was in, along with Jessica and others. Where was Taeyeon? She’s mingled with other women since Tiffany had explicitly said she didn’t want to see Taeyeon’s face as often as possible.

 

“Taeyeon! Why are you so cute?” Irene, Taeyeon’s new office mate said while pinching Taeyeon’s cheek.

 

“Hey! Stop touching her! She’s not yours!” Megan, another new friend said.

 

“Nor she is yours.” Irene rebutted.

 

“Aww girls, stop fighting for trivial things. I am no one’s~ Been single since forever.” Taeyeon grinned. Yes, she was gay but didn’t mean her charm was any less than a handsome man. It’s usual for women to have her surrounded. Her aura, her sweet words, and her addictive smile were more than enough to sweep any woman off of her feet.

 

“Will you be ours tonight, then?” With seductive tone, Megan winked at Taeyeon.

 

“You don’t mind, do you Irene?” Megan asked for approval from the latter. Irene shook her head and smiled teasingly.

 

“Why not any of you ask me whether I do mind or not?” Taeyeon playfully complained.

 

“You wouldn’t since you will have us both lay in your arms tonight.” Irene went closer to Taeyeon’s body and put her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder.

 

“Now that’s totally tempting. Not to mention that both of you are pretty. But are you sure neither of you have boyfriend? I don’t want my flawless face would be punched later.” Taeyeon wrapped her arms around both women’s waist; Irene was at Taeyeon’s left while Megan at her right side.

 

“I swear! I just broke up with my ex a month ago!” Irene said.

 

“Me too! I dumped him last week.” Megan added.

 

“Well then, who am I to say-“ Taeyeon paused. Her eyes were wandering to the commotions few meters from where she and the girls were. If it was normal commotion, she wouldn’t care but since in between the people, she saw there’s Tiffany involved, her attention was fully drawn to it.

 

“Wait here.” Taeyeon told the girls and climbed down the couch.

 

“Where are you going?” Irene whined and yet ignored by Taeyeon.

 

“What the !? Why did you slap me?!” Taeyeon heard the man, whoever it was, was angry at Tiffany while holding his left cheek.

 

“Obviously because you were trying to harass me!” Tiffany, whose shoulder was restrained by Jessica, answered to the man.

 

“WHAT?! I DID NOT!” The man got angrier.

 

“Hey, calm down. What’s going on here?” Taeyeon interfered and stood up in between the man and Tiffany.

 

“This woman slapped me when we were in the room. She and I got appointed for the supposedly beautiful 7 minutes in heaven but instead, she pulled my hair and even slapped me.” The man’s eyes were flaring and Taeyeon couldn’t detect falsity from him.

 

“You deserved so much more than that! He kissed me while trying to touch my other assets! Who do you think you are?! I barely even know you!” Tiffany’s anger increased significantly. By now, she was already using her index finger to appoint at the man’s face.

 

“Oh come on! Haven’t you heard about one night stand?! It’s a very common terminology and it’s used more often in club like this.” The man sneered.

 

“YAH! YOU-“

 

“With due respect, Sir; Based on your statements, maybe from your experiences, it’s easy to stick your anywhere but not every woman is willing to have one night stand with you, including her.” Taeyeon stopped Tiffany’s wrath.

 

“You better leave before either me or she would embarrass you further.” Taeyeon expressed with her eyes to the man, that many people were already paying attention to them.

 

“I am sure you are just an old single lady who’s very bad in bed.” The man muttered before turning around, about to leave the commotion when suddenly Tiffany reached out and again pulled his hair.

 

“OUCH!” The man was pulled back. He wiggled, trying to let himself go.

 

“And you are a man with trash mouth whose is shorter than a dip stick!” Tiffany tightened her grip and pulled her fist downward, making the man screamed in pain.

 

“Tiffany! Let him go!” Taeyeon pressed her palm to Tiffany’s wrist and pulled it softly until Tiffany’s hand was on air. The man was running for his life.

 

“YOU! Why are you here?! Why can’t you leave me alone!?! AARRGGHH!!” Tiffany yelled frustratingly. She too then left the scene, followed by Taeyeon from behind. Soon enough, people were back to their business; dancing, chatting, and drinking away their problems.

 

“Whiskey multiple shots!” Tiffany ordered to the bartender.

 

“How many shots again?”

 

“Give her double shots is enough.” Taeyeon smiled, rectified the order.

 

“And what about you, Miss?”

 

“Orange juice.” Taeyeon said.

 

“Why are you following me everywhere? Do you hate me that much too, huh?!” Tiffany’s eyes were everywhere but to Taeyeon.

 

“I just want to make sure you’re okay.” Taeyeon calmly answered. Tiffany took the drink and emptied it in one gulp.

 

“I am not a child.” Tiffany clicked her tongue.

 

“Give me more!” Tiffany said to the bartender again.

 

“I know you are not.” Taeyeon replied.

 

“Are you happy now that you’re not the only one who called me old single lady?” Tiffany again drank her sorrow away.

 

“More!!”

 

“It’s not that. He’s just too aggressive and perhaps he’s angry that instead of saying no, you slapped him and pulled his hairs.”

 

“But I know your thoughts said the opposite; that I am not taken and yet I played hard to get. How could then Tiffany get a man if she’s being this way?” Tiffany put down the already empty glass and called the bartender for additional drinks.

 

“I never thought that. It’s you and your assumptions. I would do the same things if I were you.” Taeyeon observed glasses after glasses that Tiffany had emptied. She could only shake her head, hoping Tiffany wouldn’t be too drunk to go home alone later.

 

“Of course you would do the same. You prefer a woman to a man, don’t you?”

 

“Besides, weren’t you busy with women before? Of course you would go home with them later. So don’t compare yourself to me; we are totally different human being.” Tiffany huffed.

 

“Oh, so you observed me from afar? Are you a stalker, Tiffany?” Taeyeon slowly drank her orange juice through a metal straw.

 

“It’s easy to notice you, Taeyeon. You are the only woman who’s surrounded by women instead of men.” Taeyeon smiled bitterly. She wondered, if hatred could be converted into money; how much millions of dollars she could get from Tiffany?

 

“Stop drinking too much. You will feel nauseated later.” Taeyeon tried to stop Tiffany by grabbing her glass but the woman was surely stubborn. Instead, she drank directly from the bottle placed on the table.

 

“Don’t pretend that you care. We are practically strangers!” Tiffany complained.

 

“Are you feeling hurt because of his words? You don’t need to take it into heart. He is no one to you.” Taeyeon carefully said.

 

“And so are you. You are no one to me and yet you have said hurtful things. People whom  you have known for long wouldn’t dare to say bad things about you, not directly in front you at least but strangers have every right to insult you right at your face. It’s painful nevertheless.” Tiffany’s soberness started to decrease that instead of saying things to Taeyeon, she became more honest as time went by.

 

“I am sorry.” Taeyeon apologized for the umpteenth time.

 

“Nah. Just let me be and we can call it even.” Tiffany finally smiled to Taeyeon and the latter almost couldn’t believe her eyes. However, the smile only lingered for two seconds because right now Tiffany was busy emptying her bottle.

 

“Hey, are you okay? You shouldn’t have-“

 

*THROW UP*

 

Taeyeon’s eyes were opened too widely. Her brain stopped functioning when she was suddenly startled by Tiffany throwing up whatever she had inside her digestion system earlier to Taeyeon’s body.

 

“Ugh. I feel sick.” Tiffany wiped with the side of her arm.

 

“OH MY GOD!” Jessica quickly ran to them, bringing tissues and napkin and gave it to Taeyeon. No, she didn’t help to clean the slimy fluid all over Taeyeon’s dress. She simply gave the tissues and napkin to her.

 

“HEY TIFF! What the hell you’re doing!?” Jessica shook Tiffany’s body.

 

“Are you alright, Taeyeon?” Jessica turned to Taeyeon when she didn’t receive any reply from Tiffany. The already drunken woman now was leaning over the bartender’s table, with her head propped by her folded arms.

 

“Uhm it’s stinky but I can clean it up at home later. Is Tiffany okay? I think she must have her own puke on her dress as well.” Taeyeon answered while her hands were busy cleaning up, although from the look of it; it’d be better to just dispose her dress for good later.

 

Jessica tried to shake Tiffany’s harder since calling her n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter