Liar

Traits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You need to get laid.” Taeyeon almost.. almost spilled out whatever she had in when suddenly the person in front of her interrupting her concentration.

 

“Yah! What the hell, Soo!!” Taeyeon coughed while barking to her friend. She took the water and gulp it slowly.

 

“I know what you mean. I totally understand what you see in her.” The person beside the woman called Soo butted in.

 

“Not you too, Yoong.” Taeyeon sighed. She covered the lid of her Tupperware, indicating that she had done eating.

 

“You’re done with that?” Soo asked her with twinkling eyes.

 

“Yeah. Take it, Sooyoung-ah. I am suddenly full no thanks’ to you.”

 

“But seriously, Unnie! I think you need to have fun and enjoy the life. I know you just got back from work traveling but come on! We’ve been here for the past hour and all you could tell us about how talented she was, how awful her voice was, how awesome his bass voice was, how unbelievable his fingers were when he played the guitar. Bla bla bla~” Yoona, the youngest amongst all remarked while her friend called Sooyoung was busy eating Taeyeon’s leftover.

 

“Isn’t it normal? I mean I went abroad, traveling half around the globe just to find the most talented personnel to join our company. My father inherited the company when I was still too young so if I wasn’t serious about it, this company would be closed down soon.” Taeyeon replied.

 

“I know, Taeng. I know that you meant well.  You don’t want me, Yoongie and others to scram around the street find something proper to eat. But then again you need to think about yourself. It’s been more than a year. You need to face the music and move on.” Sooyoung finally said something after she burbed inaudibly.

 

“Look. Me being serious is not related with him or other of my exes, okay? Now can we please talk about something else?” Sooyoung looked at Yoona and the woman shook her head.

 

“Fine. Do you have any plan at the end of the month?” Sooyoung complied with the request and changed the topic.

 

“Nope. I will be at home composing or watching the auditions in case I missed a talented person.” Taeyeon shrugged.

 

“Great! How if you come with us to the wedding ceremony?” Sooyoung asked excitedly. She again turned her head to Yoona and winked.

 

“Whose wedding?” Taeyeon tilted her head slightly to the left and asked innocently.

 

“Korean – American wedding! It would be like the biggest wedding ever held in town! Oh and just so you know, the wedding would be held in Hongkong instead of Korea so you need to buy ticket if you want to come with us.” Sooyoung grinend from ear to ear.

 

“Then you just can forget I even asked.” Taeyeon waved her hand at her friends.

 

“Wait! We can use it as moment to have holidays together! We shall visit Disneyland, casino, and other interesting places! Come on, Taeng! It’s been so long since the last time we went on vacation together.” Sooyoung pouted.

 

“Come with us, Unnie. I missed hanging out with you; with the Taeyeon I’ve known before meeing that jerk.’ Yoona added.

 

“I will reconsider it. But then again, you two haven’t answered my earlier question. Whose wedding?” Taeyeon asked again.

 

“Yeaayyy! And it’s Gerard’s son wedding. You know, the secretary of United States back in 2014. His son, Leo will get married with the daughter or Hongkong’s President. Imagine how huge the event would be!” Yoona answered animatedly.

 

“Owkaayy.. and who are you to them? Since when you know either the bride or the groom? Taeyeon raised one of her eyebrows.

 

“Well we simply don’t.” Sooyoung said.

 

“Uh huh then how come  you would get invited?”

 

“We’re actually not invited.” Yoona stated with proud.

 

“Are you both stupid? I mean, is there posibly that you two are high? Say Sooyoung-ah, did you get too many chocolates contains alcohol?” Sooyoung frowned, thinking, before shaking her head.

 

“And you, Yoona; did you drink too much caffeine that you couldn’t get enough sleep?”         Yoona too shook her head.

 

“Then how come we are talking something so unrelated and pretend that everything is in order!?” Taeyeon groaned.

 

“We don’t need invitation. All we need are ticket and alibi.” Sooyoung smirked.

 

“Sooyoung Unnie is right. You don’t need to worry, Unnie because we will get you a remarkable alibi as well. Heck we even have prepared some occupation list you can use. Just pick your choice.” Yoona wagged her eyebrows.

 

“Errr. Alright. I am totally lost. Someone please enlighten me.” Taeyeon lifted both of her hands like she was in surrender position.

 

“So this time we would be wedding crashers. We would pretend to be someone else, cover our real identities with the marked up alibis. We would eat, drink, party, have fun and at end of the day we would get laid. And the most exciting part would be; it’s free!!!!” Both Sooyoung and Yoona raised their hands in glee.

 

“Okay you both officially are crazy. I won’t get involved in this. Just NO!” Taeyeon expressed her disagreement firmly.

 

“Ah you , Taeng! It would only take a day from the beginning to the end. It will all pass away before you know it. Besides, we will have a leave for 5 days. We can spend the rest of 4 days hanging out together around Hongkong. Please?” Sooyoung pleaded, didn’t forget to utilize her doe eyes appropriately.

 

“But it’s not right, Soo! I mean, how come you could do that?! It’s inpolite! Besides, what if our covers are unfold?! What if we are reported to the polices?! The condition could be worse you know. I don’t want all that. I just want to be me; Kim Taeyeon.”

 

“The current Kim Taeyeon is dull and always gloomy. We only want you to you know, have a better life? Add more happiness and good things to your life; brighten your days? We are your best friend, Taeng. We care for you. A lot. Trust us with this. We won’t get caught. Besides, it will only take less than a day. Who would remember us when the event has passed and tomorrow has come? No one, Taeng.” Sooyoung encouraged.

 

“I felt sorry for introducing him to you, Unnie. The least thing I could offer you is a happiness even if it can only last for a day.” Yoona sighed while bowing her head, staring at the unintersting floor.

 

Taeyeon sighed, contemplating what she should do. Two years ago, she could confidently said that she’s the happiest woman on earth. She had every little thing a woman wanted in life; wealth, recognition, career, and most importantly, a man who loved her much more than she loved him. But the perfect life ended a year ago when he was caught cheating with another woman. It turned out that he only used her; extorting her wealth without she knowing. When he got what he wanted, he left and married another woman.

 

Taeyeon was a co-owner of a well-known entertainment company established in 2000 by Taeyeon’s father. She was only 25 when she inherited the company due to deteriorating health condition of her father. She was innocent and too kind that she was easily deceived by people who saw her as a gold mining. She only had 2 best friends who she trusted with her life; Yoona who worked as Dance Instructor and Sooyoung as Music Composer and Lyric Writer. She met them in 2006 and had befriended them since then.

 

She was now already 31 with no boyfriend. She thought she would be married with that jerk but it turned out that God was still kind to her that she could finally see the dirty motives behind his ‘generous’ act. Eversince, she had difficulties to trust people, especially someone who she could call as lover or at least her crush. She didn’t even know whether she could love again and even if she could, would it be to a man or a woman because she swore she had traumatized falling in love with a man. Being confused, she just decided to be single for now and maybe couple of years ahead.

 

“How many times have I told you that it’s none of your fault? It’s just bad luck. Good thing I have caught him before saying ‘I do’ to him. It would be too late by then and I would live the rest of my life in hell.” Taeyeon smiled sincerely.

 

“But still. I could’nt shake the-“

 

“Sighed. It’s neverending, isn’t it?” Taeyeon interjected, knowing that none of them would stop yapping until she said yes to the invitation.

 

“What guarantee I can have to ensure all of your plan would be seamless?” Taeyeon pried.

 

“We have done it so many times, Taeng. No worries! We have been to China, Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand, even to Greece just to be the best international wedding crashers ever been created!”

 

“Uuuhh.. The holy goal~ I really want to be the best, Unnie!! When the announcement would be told again?”

 

“Oh my God!” Taeyeon mumbled.

 

“You are so crazy.” The blonde added.

 

“We have been doing this since last year and none was caught up until now. It’s safe, Unnie. Besides, we can always run if we really get caught.” Sooyoung smiled.

 

“And it would be announced next August, Yoongie. Ugghh!! Can’t wait!!!” Sooyoung stood up and danced idiotically.

 

“So, how would it be? Will you come with us? Just this once, please~ I promise this would be your first and last one. You will get laid elegantly.” Yoona older friend.

 

“Just this once?” Taeyeon asked for confirmation.

 

“This once. That if you are not addicted though.” Sooyoung glanced at Yoona and laughed.

 

“And! Don’t forget the important point. Be laid elegantly~” Yoona wave her hand from left to right slowly, teasing the oldest woman.

 

“Yeah yeah whatever. I only look forward for the Hongkong adventurous vacation. I don’t even need to be laid. I am okay.” Taeyeon remarked.

 

“You are not, Unnie. When was the last time you had ? 6 months ago? A year ago?”

 

“Eww.. Your must be dusty! Whoaa that rhymes well!!” Sooyoung high-fived Yoona and laughed out loud.

 

“Shut up you broomstick! It is not dusty!!” Taeyeon innocently defended her pride.

 

“Whatever, Taeng. Anyway, I will book the ticket, ensuring it similar with our schedule. I will inform you the bank account later. All you need is transfer the required amount.” Sooyoung spoke.

 

“See ya later, Unnie.” Yoona stood up, following Sooyoung and waved her hand to Taeyeon.

 

“I must be crazy to say yes to their insane proposal. Wedding crasher huh?” Taeyeon talked to herself.

 

“Well since my almost wedding had also been crushed so why not trying to crushing someone’s else wedding?” Taeyeon smirked as she rotated the pen on he fingers. With that she made up her mind before walking out from her office room to find something to eat.

­---

 

“Listen, Taeng. We will arrive in 30 minutes so we need to remind you and give you brief about the ocassion.” Sooyoung scooted to the left to get closer to Taeyeon.

 

“We are sisters. You are the oldest and your name is Park Jiyeon. I am the second child and my name would be Park Min Ah. Yoona here is the youngest namely as Park Hyorin. Got it?” Taeyeon nodded her head.

 

“Good. We come from Seoul and we are daughters of Park Yoochun, the relatives of Jung Yunho, finance ministry of Korea. As far as I know, Yunho is Tiffany’s father best friend so it woulnd’t be suspicious if his friend also wants to attend this wedding.” Sooyoung continued.

 

“Right. So, is this Park Yoochun real? I mean is it only artificial character or something?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Nope. He is totally real. What I got from my source, Yunho ever once introduced Park Yoochun to Tiffany’s father so it woud be alright if his daugters slash us come as his representative to this wedding. We can always reason out that our father is ill that he cannot come.” Sooyoung elaborated meticulously.

 

“But how do you know Yoochun has 3 daughters instead of sons?”

 

“Google, Taeng.” Sooyoung replied proudly.

 

“That’s more or less the basic background you need to know. Starting when we enter the venue, your name will be Jiyeon, mine would be Min Ah and Yoona will be Hyorin. Is there anything else that you need to know? Because that’s the entrance and we are more than ready to join the party!” Sooyoung reassured.

 

“None for now. All I need to do is following you around, right? You both will do all the talking while I will only shut my mouth.” Yoona nodded to the statement.

 

“One more thing. I am a lawyer. Yoona owns restaurant in Korea which focuses in fusion food between Korean and Western, like galbi sandwich, rice cake with meatballs, and black noodle with mozarella cheese. You would be songwriter and music composer.” Sooyoung stated.

 

“Wait. Why am I the only one who gets a job similar to the real life?”

 

“Because your profesionality and speed to lie hasn’t been tested. What if people start to ask about your current job, the job description, the environment, etc.? You will take time to think and in a blink, our cover would be revealed. Now we don’t want that to happen, do we?” Yoona smiled and explained.

 

“Right. That makes sense. Okay then. It should be easy to be the real me except the name and job. Music is my hobby anyway.” Taeyeon smiled back, happy to know her friends didn’t make it hard on her.

 

“Good. Now let’s go. We almost arrive.” Sooyoung informed and Taeyeon prayed hard inside her heart. It’s weird but she was so nervous and excited at the same time. It would be full of thrilling act. She would be able to talk casually to strangers since the act she would play was not her real self. She smiled widely; it would be intersting.

­---

 

The trio entered the venue easily, as predicted by Sooyoung, the mind master. They went forward, trying to find the best view where they could see attractive boys or girls (since both of them were labelled as bi) and at the same thime where people could see how beautiful and echanted they were. They purposely wore glamourous make up completed with golden dress for Yoona, red dress for Sooyoung and lastly baby blue for Taeyeon.

 

“Why are we even here? People would notice us.” Taeyeon anxiously tried to stand behind them, wanting not to be seen by people who would eventually know that they were not invited.

 

“Relax, Unnie. There are too many people here. People won’t pay attention too much regarding us. But usually attention is what we sought aside from others such as food and drinks.” Yoona grinned.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Well our main purpose here is not only free food and drink, Tae but also free . But not only cheap you can find everywhere. We want ones with good quailty; woman or man with good traits, famous, and fun. Look around and you will see there are only chosen ones who can join the party. More than half of them come alone which means our chances are fat.” Sooyoung roamed her eyes around, trying to set the target for tonight.

 

“Jesus can I end the day without ? I mean it’s fun to come to people’s wedding, watching people make a vow to each other for life, and wishing them happiness but come on guys! It’s just not right to seek for in here. It’s not proper.” Taeyeon argued. Her eyes followed Sooyoung but different from the tall woman, Taeyeon couldn’t find man who can pique her interest.

 

“Well our main mission wouldnt’t be complete without .” Yoona said lowly, afraid others could hear them.

 

“Now shusshh. They will cut the cakes! Come, Yoong. We need to stand in the front row.” Sooyoung grabbed Yoona’s hand and walked forward, colliding with people before they could make it. Yoona tried to pull Taeyeon too but the latter rejected politely, saying she wanted to wander around on her own.

 

The woman sighed while her eyes stared at the happy marriage couple from afar. She could see the smiles appear came from the heart. Marriage was supposed to fill with bliss and happiness anyway. She surely didn’t know who the bride and groom were but well here she was, pretending to be a guest when she didn’t have any idea about the people in it aside from Yoona and Sooyoung of course.

 

Taeyeon chose the empty table. The screaming and sound of laughter echoed on the vast area covered by green grass, tables, guests, and plenty of foods and drinks. Yes, it was a garden party because Taeyeon too was sure no building was capable to accomodate such people. There were too many to be counted. It’s more than 1000 people if Taeyeon wasn’t mistaken when she read the newspaper last week.

 

She stood up and grabbed a glass of wine and a slice of cake before returning and sat down on the table for four. Unlike her, people were now dancing around, making a long row like snake and sang together. Taeyeon chuckled seeing Sooyoung was the leader of the ridiculous row followed by Yoona right behind her. Sooyoung got drink on her hand while food on another.

 

Taeyeon smiled. If she were proceeding with the marriage, maybe the guests wouldn’t be this many but surely wouldn’t be much less either. She had planned to invite around 600 people only, including her families and close relatives. With that thought crossing her mind, she sighed and looked down. She shouldn’t have thought about this. It would only make her sad and she shouldn’t be sad or worse crying in people’s wedding.

 

“You look gloomy.” Taeyeon heard a voice but she thought it wasn’t her because it wasn’t neither Sooyoung or Yoona.

 

“Hey, I am talking to you. Or am I interrupting your sad session?” The woman whoever she was laughed. Next Taeyeon heard the chair beside her was pulled and the woman sat on it. In reflex Taeyeon looked up just to find the woman’s face was too close for her comfort.

 

The woman before her had a beauty Taeyeon never saw before. Taeyeon never believed perfection existed in real life until she lay her eyes on the woman sat beside her. The nose was pointed, the lips flawless and full. Taeyeon’s eyes went down and put a halt on the slender body. The woman’s body screamed for seduction but thankfully it’s properly covered by light pink dress she wore.

 

“Err.. Is there something on my face? Or my body perhaps? Since your eyes have been staring at me from head to toe.” The woman teased, laughing after.

 

“Oh I am sorry. I didn’t mean to be impolite. It’s just you are so beautiful that I-“ Taeyeon hurried up and covered , knowing she had said too far when she didn’t even know who the woman was at the first place.

 

“I like honest person. My name is Tiffany. Tiffany Hwang. And you?” The woman admitted as Tiffany reached out her hand toward Taeyeon.

 

“My name is Jiyeon. Park Jiyeon.” Instead of a smile, the woman again laughed.

 

“Huh? What’s so funny?” Taeyeon tilted her head.

 

“Nothing. It’s just your name. It doesn’t suit you at all. Another Jiyeon that I know is cheerful and full of energy but you look sad, like you have the whole world burden on your shoulder. And I have known most of the guests here but I never remember I have seen you around. Which family are you from?”

 

“Uhm. I am the oldest daughter of Park Yoochun. I am here with my sisters, Min Ah and Hyorin.” Taeyeon tried to answer confidently, ensuring Tiffany didn’t know the deceit.

 

“Ah! I think I know now. He is Uncle Yunho friend, right?” Taeyeon smiled and nodded her head.

 

“And where is he? I haven’t seen him.”

 

“He cannot come due to his deteriorating health so we are here to represent him. He says good prayer and wish nothing but welfare and happiness to fall upon the groom and the bride.” Taeyeon added.

 

“Aww.. That’s too bad. I am Leo’s younger sister. I am the youngest in fact.” Tiffany smiled widely, showing the crescent formed by her wonderful brown eyes.

 

“Oh.. I am sorry I didn’t recognize you. I... I was just lost in my own thoughts and..” Taeyeon became nervous that she slipped out her tongue. She didn’t know what to say and she too wasn’t used to being a liar. ‘Damn. What should I do now?’ Taeyeon muttered.

 

“Unnie!! Here you are! We have been loking for you since the ceremony party starts!! Why didn’t you dance with us?” Suddenly Sooyoung appeared and tapped Taeyeon’s shoulder.

 

“Oh, Tiffany-shii. How are you?” Yoona turned to Tiffany.

 

“No worries, buddy. We got you.” Sooyoung whispered inside Taeyeon’s ear. The woman could only smile a little, feeling slightly relieved.

 

“Uh.. I am good. And you are?” Tiffany asked, unsure. She swore she too never saw who the two women were.

 

“Ah. I am so sorry. I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Hyorin and she is Min Ah. We are Jiyeon’s younger sisters.” Yoona quickly made a lie, protecting Taeyeon from being pried by Tiffany.

 

“Nice to meet you and I guess you already know me. It’s Tiffany Hwang.” Tiffany alternately shook her hand with both Sooyoung and Yoona.

 

“We already know.” Sooyoung smiled.

 

“So, were you the one who arrange your brother’s wedding?” Yoona asked. She had secretly sought some information about Leo’s main family members, including Tiffany and her older sister slash Leo’s younger sister, Seohyun.

 

“Of course not. As much as I want to, I am not brave enough to plan such a gigantic event like this. I only took a part of the costumes. Thus, the main color is pale pink.” Tiffany answered excitedly, didn’t shy to show her proud of her favorite color.

 

“How about the food?” Taeyeon tried to keep herself being involved in the conversation.

 

“Hmm.. It’s me and Seohyun. She loves Chinese food while I prefer Western. That’s why in the end we mixed it together. As you can see, there are various foods from China, American, and Europe. You can find steak, dim sum, pasta, etc. We ensure people won’t get hungry while having fun in my brother’s wedding.” Tiffany explained vigorously.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter