Unreasonable

Traits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“We’re over.” The firm two words came out from the woman’s mouth.

 

“What? But I didn’t do anything wrong!” The man protested. He looked slightly mad and surprised when he heard those words from her.

 

“Are you stupid? I’ve told you that I don’t like a careless man and you just did something carelessly; you sped up your bike, took over without thinking whether it’d endanger our life or not. Do I need to say more?” The woman raised one of her eyebrows.

 

“Oh come on, Tiffany. You said you didn’t like people who didn’t value time. We’re almost late going to the movie and so that’s why I sped up a bit. It’s not that much that it’d threaten your life. I’m sorry, okay? I promise it won’t happen again.” The man pleaded.

 

“No. You’re dangerous for my well-being. We’re through and thank you for everything.” Tiffany shook her head, slowly backing away from the man or more like her ex.

 

“You’re unreasonable. We’re only going out for approximately a month. You have to give me a chance to prove that I’m actually a good guy.” The man tried again.

 

“You’ve lost your chance and you might have heard from other departments that I’m not the kind of woman who would give a second chance. Thank you again and take care on your way home.” Tiffany gave him her last smile before turning around and entered the mansion.

 

“Hey, you’re home earlier than I expected. What happened? Don’t tell me he’s not the one anymore for this would be the fifth men in less than a year, Tiff.” Jessica, her older sister greeted her.

 

“It’s a good thing that I don’t have to tell you the story since you’ve known it.” Tiffany threw her bag on the couch and sat on the corner one.

 

“What’s wrong with him? I thought he’s a good guy. You’ve introduced him to me once, right?” Jessica quickly took a seat beside her.

 

“He sped up, Jessi. What would happen to Jason if we’re involved in a traffic incident? He’d be motherless.” Tiffany reasoned up. Jason was the name of his son who’s only 4 years old.

 

“Hey. Relax. I know you’re just being anxious and concern for him but there’s no need to seek for Mr. Perfect for Jason.” Jessica scooted closer and rubbed Tiffany’s arm. Her younger sister only hummed and closed her eyes remembering her bitter past which also the main reason why she was like this right now.

 

She was still very young and single when she was introduced to a man by her father. She was only 22 at that time and he, named Timothy was 25. Timothy was her father’s friend’s son and that’s why her father was very excited to introduce him to his daughters. At first, her father wanted him to be introduced to Jessica which was 2 years older than her but Jessica was busy pursuing her master so she didn’t want any guy to interfere with her study.

 

In short, Tiffany became the next target. Her father arranged their meetings and Tim admitted his interests in Tiffany. Unlike Jessica who loved the nightlife and being a social butterfly, Tiffany was the naïve kind of person. She loved to read works of literature and at times hang out with her friends, but not to clubs or such. She would only watch cinemas or sometimes concerts.

 

Both Tiffany and Jessica came from a wealthy family. Their father was a well-known businessman in the mining industry. Their parents were lovely ones. They spent their spare time with their daughters; giving them whatever they needed and spoiled them to the max. Their mother stayed at home to take care of the house and family while their father worked to earn money.

 

You may say that it’s the first time Tiffany felt attracted to a guy. All her life was spent for her families and friends, not leaving a gap for a guy to come into her life. She once had a crush on her senior but that’s that for he already had a girlfriend whose beauty was no match for Tiffany or so what Tiffany would like to think. Tiffany didn’t know how to make her beauty come out; she rarely used makeup. Jessica would sometimes help her putting make-up on her face so it wouldn’t look too pale.

 

A year after Tiffany and Timothy were being introduced to each other, Timothy proposed in front of Tiffany, Jessica, and both of their parents when they held a family dinner. Tiffany blushed and without a doubt saying YES as the answer. A few months after, the wedding was being held magnificently. There were at least 3000 guests that came to the wedding. They were happy and Tiffany thought she would have a very perfect life after the marriage but oh she was so wrong because all of her dreams related to the happy family have vanished only a few years after.

 

Timothy worked in Tiffany’s father’s company as an Operational Manager at a young age. Around 3 years after he became Tiffany’s husband, his father went bankrupt and he wanted it or not had to accept that fact. Good thing that Tiffany’s father was kind enough to take him and entrust him as the manager in his company. Tiffany couldn’t be happier and supported him. They already had the one-year-old Jason at that time.

 

Perhaps the main factor of their divorce was the exaggerating salary he received every month for he was the manager with the biggest salary within the company. Tiffany’s father was too nice that he added some bonus to Tim’s pocket monthly. If not because of that then maybe it was because of too much trust given to Tim that he was often being sent to various sites to ensure the operation went on smoothly that he rarely stayed home and gathered with his family anymore.

 

The naïve young woman had become a strong housewife. Tiffany’s father hired a personal chauffeur to drive Tiffany to the market, school, and other places. Tiffany was a very good and responsible wife and mother. She cooked for her son since her husband rarely came home, she cleaned the house, she educated Jason, etc. Sometimes Jessica would visit her and play with her lovely niece.

 

Tiffany always thought highly of her husband so whenever Jason asked about his father, Tiffany would proudly answer that he’s busy working to bring some money and toys for Jason. The boy would grin happily and couldn’t wait for his father’s comeback.

 

It was Fall when it happened. Tim asked for permission to again leave for Los Angeles, saying he got some work to do and that he would come home after a week. As usual, Tiffany wouldn’t say no to the request. And yes, they have lived in the US since Tiffany was born. Tiffany and her families lived in California, along with her husband. Tiffany kissed him goodbye and drove him to the airport with Jason cutely sat on the backseat.

 

Three days after his leaving, Tiffany was contacted by her longtime best friend who just came back to the US. With much excitement, Tiffany initiated the idea to meet up with her. Her best friend’s name was Sooyoung, originally from Korea but was having her time to study in the US together with Tiffany. They agreed to meet in a private restaurant an hour's drive from Tiffany’s house.

 

Tiffany came first. She was half an hour early than the promised time. She was sitting comfortably when she saw a familiar figure from behind, sitting in the corner with an unknown woman. They looked intimate with the woman’s hand rubbing the man’s thigh. Tiffany was so sure it was Timothy but she wasn’t brave enough to say to herself that it’s her own husband that was flirting with another woman.

 

Tiffany texted Sooyoung and postponed the meeting while keeping her eyes on him. She went out and waited inside her car. She didn’t move a muscle until she was sure that he wasn’t her husband. After an hour of waiting, the man and the woman came out hand in hand. That’s when Tiffany couldn’t deny the bitter reality that it’s indeed her husband. She followed the car and it stopped right in front of the hotel. Tiffany’s heart beat irregularly. She climbed off the car and followed them quietly. The next thing she remembered, she caught her husband being in a bed with that woman.

 

“Tif~Tiffany!” Jessica slapped Tiffany’s thigh and finally, the brunette opened up her eyes and jolted.

 

“What?! You don’t need to slap me, you know!” Yet thanks’ to that, she was resurrected from the bad memories.

 

“I’ve been calling you for the past minutes but you didn’t respond. It’s your fault~” Jessica shrugged.

 

“You remember about him, don’t you?” Jessica sighed. Tiffany kept her silence.

 

“It’s been a little over a year, Tiff and you’ve been dating ever since the divorce announced as official. What more are you looking for? Jason has been a very good kid too.” Jessica said.

 

“I know. I just still cannot believe he did it. Dad trusted him very much and he’s been so genuine to him. He was poor and Dad helped him, okay? How could he not have any shame?! I really regret that I married him, Jessi. I wouldn’t want to do the same mistake should I be given another chance.” Tiffany groaned. She massaged her palm.

 

“He’s just a douchebag but look at the brighter side. You have Jason from him, right?” Jessica tapped Tiffany’s shoulder.

 

“I guess you’re right about that. Anyway, where is he? Is he sleeping already?” Tiffany asked.

 

“He’s playing with Taeyeon inside his room. Tomorrow is Sunday, let him play more Tiff.” Jessica smiled.

 

“But it passed at 9 pm. What is Taeyeon still doing here? She should be home by now~” Tiffany frowned.

 

“Hey, if anything, you should be grateful to her. I just came back not long before you arrived. I went out with my boyfriend. Dad and Mom were on their umpteenth honeymoon so if Taeyeon wasn’t here, Jason would be lonely. The maids are no fun to play with.” Jessica defended Taeyeon a bit.

 

Taeyeon was the replacement of her personal chauffeur that Tiffany’s father gave her years ago. He was too old and his eyes weren’t that sharp anymore that he sent Taeyeon to replace him. Tiffany could only stare at Taeyeon weirdly the first time she met her. Taeyeon was petite and her face looked like a kid that she wasn’t sure Taeyeon was allowed to drive a car; an expensive one that was.

 

Oh, Taeyeon proved her wrong when Tiffany was brought to have a ride with her, along with Taeyeon’s father of course. It was the first try out for Taeyeon to show Tiffany that she surely could drive well. In short, the petite woman was also younger than Tiffany by 4 years. Tiffany was 31 while Taeyeon was still 27 years old yet it didn’t prove that Taeyeon was less mature. It’s been a year and a half since Taeyeon worked with her and so far, she found no problems having Taeyeon as her personal chauffeur.

 

“I really can’t understand her.” Tiffany stated.

 

“What’s there to understand?”

 

“She has pursued her master's degree and she chose to work with me rather than working as a young executive businesswoman. Do you not think it’s weird?” Tiffany turned to Jessica.

 

“I’m not sure. Maybe it’s because her father told her? Besides, Mr. Kim has been loyal to you before he decided to stop working due to his age.” Jessica replied.

 

“Then why didn’t she say no? I’d understand if she preferred to work in an impeccable company.” Tiffany argued.

 

“Then ask her, not me. Tiffy, I’m sleepy. I’ll go to bed first, okay? Goodnight, sis.” Jessica yawned and stretched her body while breaking a joint or two when she’s doing it.

 

“Goodnight.” Tiffany nodded. After watching Jessica go to her own bedroom, she stood up and walked toward Jason’s room.

 

Tiffany slowly opened the door of Jason’s bedroom, thinking that her boy was still busy playing PS with Taeyeon. She had caught him playing silly games for kids with her. It was a cute sight for Taeyeon almost always deliberately made herself lost so Jason could be the proud winner. Taeyeon spoiled him too much, even more than Tiffany spoiled him. Taeyeon would practically do anything for Jason. It was like Taeyeon was his babysitter and not her chauffeur.

 

“Oh. You scared me.” Taeyeon almost jumped from the bed.

 

“I’m sorry. Is he sleeping?” Tiffany smiled at the sight. Taeyeon was falling asleep with the storybook over her face while Jason hugged her waist tightly.

 

“Yes, he is. I thought you’d be angry if he hasn’t asleep at this hour so I persuaded him to sleep.” Taeyeon carefully took off Jason’s hands from her and climbed down the bed.

 

“Let’s talk outside.” Tiffany beckoned Taeyeon to go outside.

 

“What happened? You don’t usually come home this early on a date. Ah. Do you want me to make you a glass of coffee?” Taeyeon followed Tiffany to the living room.

 

“Coffee sounds good, thank you. I’ll wait in the backyard, Tae.” Taeyeon only smiled as she watched Tiffany walk away from her.

---

 

“Here is your coffee and some donuts to lighten up your mood.” Taeyeon placed the plate and the cup on the small table right beside the park bench where Tiffany was sitting.

 

“Are you a mind reader or something?” Tiffany was amused Taeyeon knew what she was feeling when she was sure she had tried to be normal.

 

“Nope. It’s just me who has worked under you for more than a year that I could ready you like an open book.” Taeyeon smirked,

 

“Wipe off your annoying grin, Kim Taeyeon.” Tiffany sounded threatening but of course, Taeyeon knew better than that.

 

“I just had another break-up, Tae. It’s getting hard lately.” Tiffany told the truth.

 

“What caused it this time? He smokes?” Tiffany shook her head.

 

“He is not diligent?” Again, she shook her head.

 

“Uhmm.. He spits randomly? His fart is smelly? Does he love to scratch his ? He smells horrible? He is not an on-time person?” Tiffany kept on shaking her head.

 

“Ah, I know. He speeds up, doesn’t he?” Tiffany smiled a little and nodded her head.

 

Tiffany and Taeyeon off the work hours were like best friends. Probably, the fact that their wasn’t that wide made it possible. Taeyeon was the type who listened more and would give advice when needed. Tiffany was the type who preferred talking so she would do the talk and Taeyeon would only need to listen to her random babbles. Taeyeon lived only blocks away from Tiffany’s house so it wouldn’t be a problem to spend more time in Tiffany’s place.

 

“What is his reason?” Taeyeon sipped her coffee.

 

“He said he wouldn’t want us to be late to catch the movie but he didn’t think about our safety! I mean, he drove a bike and not a car. It’s more dangerous if we’re involved in a traffic incident! Geez, that bastard.” Taeyeon chuckled hearing the curses.

 

“Why are you laughing? I am serious, Tae. I’m worried about Jason. I prayed along the way. I couldn’t scold him because it could divert his focus and endangered us even more.” Tiffany said.

 

“I am relieved you are alright. And you know what? You made a great decision to cut it off with him. He doesn’t deserve you. No worries, the better person will come along.” Taeyeon consoled.

 

“Thanks’, Tae. Besides, it’s not like I have enough feelings for him to give him a second chance.” Tiffany smiled.

 

“Anyway, I want to ask something Tae.”

 

“Ask away.”

 

“Why are you willing to work as a chauffeur? I know you’ve achieved your master's in Corporation Strategy at Harvard University but you cast away that title and chose to work as a mere driver.” Tiffany frowned when Taeyeon smiled at her question.

 

“What? Is my question weird or something?” Tiffany huffed.

 

“You could be oblivious at times, couldn’t you?” Tiffany frowned deeper.

 

“Never mind. My father asked me nicely, saying he wouldn’t feel alright if one of his children didn’t want to work for Hwang families. After all, I managed to get my degree because of your family. Your father offered my father’s salary generously that I could continue my study until I get that master's. So, has it answered your question?” Taeyeon took a donut and put it inside .

 

“Children? Does it mean  you have siblings?”

 

“Yes. An older brother and a younger sister.”

 

“Then why don’t you let your brother works for me? Why must it be you?”

 

“Do you not like me working for you that much, huh?”

 

“N-no. That’s not what I meant.”

 

“Relax, Fany-ah. My brother is a doctor so I’d feel bad for him if he works as a driver for you.” Taeyeon laughed.

 

“And before you asked, my sister is still in school so she doesn’t count,” Taeyeon added.

 

“I see. I am sorry, Tae. You can always resign whenever you want. I don’t want to prevent you from pursuing your dreams.” Tiffany said sincerely.

 

“I have found my dreams, Fany-ah and Jason is a good kid. I’d like to play with him more if you allow me.” Taeyeon politely answered.

 

“Are you sure? Don’t you want to build your own business or maybe become a business strategist manager or something? I can always give you a position in Daddy’s company. I am the co-owner after all.” Tiffany collected the second donut.

 

“Being cocky yourself, aren’t you?”

 

“I don’t mean that way, Taeyeon.” Tiffany barked.

 

“I know, Fany. You are so fun to mess with, aren’t you? But seriously, I don’t want that. I am comfortable enough with my position now. I am happy to be useful to you and Jason. So, you won’t fire me, right?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Of course, I won’t! You can work here as long as you want. Surely, you will have your increment in salary but I don’t think you can achieve a higher position. Well, in another term, you’ll always be my personal chauffeur.” Tiffany informed.

 

“And that’s enough for me, Fany-ah.” Taeyeon reassured.

 

“Well, it’s getting late. I need to go home. Don’t want Hwang Junior to scold me for being late tomorrow.” Tiffany chuckled. Jason could be cranky at times and she blamed it on her genes.

 

“Thank you for everything, Taeyeon-ah.”

 

“It’s my pleasure. I’ll see you tomorrow. Goodnight, Fany-ah.” Taeyeon excused herself.

 

“Goodnight.”

----

 

“No.”

 

“Why not? I thought we have mutual feelings.” The man sounded desperate and angry at the same times for he was just being rejected.

 

“Actually, you are a decent man. Handsome, intelligent, and wealthy all in together. Any woman would say yes to your confession but unfortunately not me.” Tiffany bluntly said. She’s been feeling bored recently. Those guys that were after her always had their flaws that Tiffany hated.

 

“Then what’s the reason you rejected me? I also like kids so there’s no way I won’t like your son.” Yes, Tiffany had been honest about her condition from the start.

 

“Didn’t I just mention the reason? You have everything with you so there is no guarantee you will stay loyal to me once you get me.” Tiffany said it flatly while the man was gagged for being too surprised.

 

“W-what?! That’s totally ridiculous and unfair. How could you judge me and assume I won’t be loyal to you when it’s clear from the start that the only woman I’m interested in is you, Tiffany.” The man protested.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter