Selfish - Part 2

Traits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Let’s play outside tomorrow Ginger-ah. I don’t have any schedule until the day after tomorrow.” Taeyeon was lying on her chest, watching her favorite boy playing with the Olaf doll Seolhyun had bought for him last time she met her.

 

“Woof woof.” The dog was angry when Taeyeon by moving the doll further. He ran after the toy and rolled it back to Taeyeon using his nose.

 

“Ugh I am hungry. I am gonna get something for my stomach.” Taeyeon growled. She got up and walked to the kitchen, finding something which would be easy enough to make.

 

“I guess this will do for now.” Taeyeon chose ramen since it’s the easiest. She had had cereal this morning, nothing for lunch, and now ramen for late lunch slash almost evening.

 

Taeyeon spent the day practically doing nothing. Aside from Ginger, she didn’t have any living companion. It was only her playstation and the sims installed on her laptop. There were times, she the TV, browsing some channels which could make her sit for at least an hour or two. Most of the times when playstation, laptop, and TV couldn’t demolish her boringness, she would be occupied by her mobile phone; stalking her lover who lived in another side of the globe doing God knew what.

 

“Woof!” The dog nudged Taeyeon’s ankle. The woman raised her eyebrow and just realized the bowl had been emptied.

 

“Oops, my bad. You are hungry too, aren’t you?” Taeyeon chuckled. She got the dog food from the second cabinet and poured it onto the bowl until it’s almost full. She too refilled the water so the dog could eat and drink at the same time.

 

“There you go! Happy eating and don’t forget to pray before you eat.” Taeyeon squatted and patted the dog’s head. The little one tilted his head and stared at Taeyeon.

 

“Nah I am fine with ramen, Ginger. Let’s eat together then.” Taeyeon smiled. She returned to her food, seating on the stool and started to dig in.

 

Halfway through eating the remaining noodles, Taeyeon’s ear irked up when she vaguely heard the front door opened. She halted, putting down the chopstick. She thought it’d be her manager but she didn’t have any schedule today so what’s the use of sudden departure? Sunny? Yuri? Hyo? No, they still haven't back from abroad while she didn't make any appointment with Yoona.

 

“Unnie?” Taeyeon called but no one answered. She shrugged, feeling no worries. No one could penetrate the security of the building plus only authorized people had permission to enter her apartment. So she guessed it’s either her members, relatives, or someone from work. She resumed eating as she browsed through Instagram on her phone.

 

“Taeyeon-ah.” Taeyeon’s eyes got widened hearing the familiar voice.

 

“N-no way.” Taeyeon still looked down, shaking her head for she couldn’t believe what she heard.

 

“Taetae. I am back.” The sound of luggage being dragged, the clicking sound only Tiffany’s heels could make, the husky voice that Taeyeon longed to hear. It’s all mixed up and it made Taeyeon dizzy. She placed her phone down, looking up and gasping.

 

“Fany.” Taeyeon gulped, still unable to trust her vision ability. She blinked several times and when the image was still vividly standing before her, she moved her hand to rub her eyes.

 

“I am truly here, Tae.” The latter chuckled and walked closer until she was standing right beside Taeyeon.

 

“F-fany. I.. You.. You are here.” Taeyeon’s voice cracked up. She swiveled her stool and jumped down until she was face to face with her lover; the very person whom had solely colonized her brain since the day she had left the apartment.

 

“Yes, Taeyeon-ah. I’ve missed you.” Tiffany couldn’t contain her emotion anymore. She engulfed the shorter woman and embraced her. The longing feelings, the painful obstacles she had faced when she was away from Taeyeon, and the reminiscence of how lonely she was without the latter eventually returned to her; making her emotion exploded, resulting in tears.

 

“I’ve missed you too. Oh God, you are really here, Fany-ah.” Taeyeon hugged her back. Taeyeon might be worst with words but she really knew how to show her emotion through actions. Taeyeon wrapped her arms around Tiffany’s waist and buried her head on her neck, sniffing the perfume Tiffany often used.

 

“How.. Why are you here? Why didn’t you tell me beforehand?” Taeyeon withdrew and placed her palm on Tiffany’s face.

 

“I can’t stay away from you for too long. I just can’t.” Tiffany sniffed. Her tears slowly surged up.

 

Taeyeon didn’t need more words. She tilted her head, leaning forward until her lips touched Tiffany’s lips. Tiffany followed the tugs and nudges on her lips, letting Taeyeon lead the kiss. Tiffany obediently parted her lips when Taeyeon’s tongue her bottom lip, asking for an opening. Hands which initially on the waist slowly but sure made a journey on its own; one traveling upward while the other downward.

 

“Hmm,, Tae.. Not here.” Tiffany involuntarily moaned when Taeyeon a particular spot on her neck.

 

“Where then?” Taeyeon unwillingly unclasped her lips from the neck and asked.

 

“Bed.”

 

“Fine.” Few more kisses exchanged as Taeyeon led Tiffany toward the bedroom. The door was closed right after the two women were inside, preventing anything and anyone from disturbing their passionate moments.

---

 

“So, it’s kind of late to say this but.. Surprise!” Tiffany turned her body around and animatedly lifted her hands up and make a delighted expression.

 

“Haha.. I am sorry. I just. It’s been months, Fany-ah and I am dry.” Taeyeon chuckled, pulling the woman closer.

 

“What are you? A desert?” Tiffany laughed.

 

“Uh huh. Are you tired?” Taeyeon laid on her back while Tiffany rested her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder.

 

“What do you think? It’s only less than two hours since I landed when your lustful beast was unleashed an it led us here. Ugh,, my stamina was drained and it’s literally empty by now.” Tiffany draped one arm on Taeyeon’s bare stomach.

 

“Pardon me and my inconsiderate action but if I may recall, all you did was beg with your not so proper mouth, having your eyes closed while enjoying the show I made literally under you.” The statement earned Taeyeon a slap on her arm.

 

“What do you expect? Talking and probably cuddling were on my imagination but you ruined it the moment you jumped on me and stripped me off of my clothes. I was and still am jet-lagged and you already attacked me like a famished lion.”

 

“Don’t blame me. Blame yourself for being too irresistible.” Taeyeon chuckled.

 

“Oh now the sweet talker and suave Taeyeon had returned, huh?” Tiffany pulled herself back, placing her head on the pillow so she could have a better look on Taeyeon’s face and the expression she made.

 

“Besides, I didn’t do anything wrong. I even wear a formal and proper clothes when-“

 

“Wore.” Taeyeon interjected.

 

“Huh?”

 

“It’s wore, not wear. You are not wearing anything so it’s past tense, not present tense.” Tiffany rolled her eyes and showed her annoyed face.

 

“I love you.” Taeyeon giggled and leaned down to kiss Tiffany’s temple.

 

“I love you too.”

 

“How long are you going to stay here?” Taeyeon lifted her left hand, fixing Tiffany’s fringe so it wouldn’t cover her forehead.

 

“I am not sure, probably a week or more. We’ll see.”

 

“How about forever?” Taeyeon smiled.

 

“Taeyeon-ah.” Tiffany’s eyes turned sad.

 

“I am just kidding, not trying to push my luck or anything. Sorry. It’s not funny, isn’t it?” Taeyeon tried to fake a smile. Tiffany of course didn’t buy it but she chose to drop it.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me about you going back to Korea? I could have picked you up from the airport you know.” Taeyeon diverted to another topic.

 

“I didn’t want to trouble you.” Tiffany smiled a little. She made a white lie. Of course she too didn’t have plan to return to Korea this fast; if not because of the flaming jealousy and insecure feelings, she knew she wouldn’t even be here at the moment.

 

“You are never a trouble for me. You know it.” Taeyeon ran her fingers through Tiffany’s hair.

 

“I know.” Tiffany said with eyes closed tightly. She was tired from the unbearable hours of flight plus with the event which just took place. Slowly but sure, her consciousness was dissipating.

 

“You are tired. Sleep. We will talk again tomorrow.” Tiffany nodded and no more sounds were heard after that.

 

“Thank you for coming back to me. I love you.” Taeyeon pulled up the blanked and covered her and Tiffany’s bare bodies. She smiled herself to sleep; too happy to believe that Tiffany was here. It’s simply too good to be true.

---

 

Taeyeon woke up first. She searched for her phone, turning off the alarm before it even had a chance to ring. She didn’t want anything to disturb Tiffany’s beauty sleep. She glanced at the table clock and it was still 6 am; too early. She turned around, staring at the flawless belle right before her eyes.

 

“You are so beautiful.” Taeyeon mumbled lowly. She caressed Tiffany’s right cheek tenderly before kissing the cheek softly.

 

“Continue sleeping my love.” Taeyeon smiled and left the room.

 

Taeyeon was greeted by her lovely boy, asking for food. Taeyeon had to grin when the so innocent-looking dog literally led her to his food bowl.

 

“Woof! Woof!” The dog lifted his head up and gave the cutest stare possible, making Taeyeon go aww~

 

“Right. I am sorry, Ginger. What can I do when your mom has back in town? Her existence alone has shaken my world and turned it upside down.” Taeyeon said exaggeratingly.

 

“Special for today, I will give you more food.” Taeyeon smirked to her dog as if the dog understood what she was saying. Taeyeon exchanged the bowl to a much bigger one; the one which could even accommodate ginger as whole.

 

“See how generous I am toward you today?” Taeyeon chuckled and poured the remaining of the food to the bowl until it’s close to full.

 

“Woopss, it’s empty. Oh well, it’s already more than enough. Be a good boy today, okay? Go play with whichever toys you can. Just don’t disturb me.” Taeyeon stood up and winked. After refilling the water for her lovable boy, she started to cook.

 

Taeyeon mixed the flour with eggs, sugar, and water. She whisked the content until it’s all nicely mixed together. She took her time making the pancake, knowing Tiffany wouldn’t wake up anytime soon. It’s not the first time occurred anyway; Tiffany going back to from the state and spent most of her first day at Korea to sleep.

 

She poured the mixing into the pan. She put the fire low as she wanted to prepare the sauce, aside from a simple maple syrup. She found it weird to match pancake or waffles with fried chicken but she heard it’s going viral lately so she too wanted to serve it for the woman she loved.

 

Almost an hour and half later and Taeyeon was almost done with her cooking. All that’s left was decorating it and plating session. She wanted to serve the food slash breakfast in bed for Tiffany. Alternately, she placed the plates on the folded table and carefully brought it to the bedroom, where the sleeping beauty was.

 

“Fany-ah. Wake up. You have skipped dinner so you must have breakfast.” Taeyeon put the tray full of food on the table not far from the bed.

 

“Hmm.” Tiffany frowned, eyes closed and went back to sleep.

 

“Hey. Breakfast first, hon. I swear you can go back to sleep later.” Taeyeon tried again. She patted Tiffany’s arm tenderly, hoping it’s enough to make the latter resurrect from the bed.

 

“I’m not hungry, Tae.” The reply came. Her voice was cracking and hoarse but it’s still not less y for Taeyeon.

 

“I know sweetheart but it’s not good for your health. Besides, I already prepared breakfast for you. hmm?” Taeyeon helped Tiffany to sit up although the woman was still stubbornly closed her eyes.

 

“Can’t it wait?” Tiffany mumbled. She then placed her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder.

 

“Uhmm.. It’s cold.” Tiffany added. She sought for some warmth so she hugged Taeyeon; being clingy like how a Koala would be.

 

“Wait, I’ll take your clothes.” Taeyeon said. Tiffany’s grip on Taeyeon’s wrist stopped the older woman from moving.

 

“Just a bathrobe please. I am too lazy to put the clothes on.” Taeyeon nodded. She went to the bathroom and retrieved the bathrobe. She helped Tiffany to put it on.

 

“Good morning, Fany-ah.” Taeyeon smiled widely when the latter had decided to open up her eyes.

 

“Hmm Morning.” Tiffany yawned. She stretched her body and rubbed her eyes. Taeyeon smiled at the sight. In reflex, she leaned in but frowned when she met Tiffany’s palm instead of her lips.

 

“I haven’t brushed my teeth.” Tiffany murmured.

 

“Who cares? I love you, the whole you including your morning breath.” Taeyeon removed the hand and finally landed her lips on Tiffany’s lips.

 

“You can brush your teeth after you’re done eating.” Taeyeon pulled away and did the liberty to bring the breakfast to bed, surprising Tiffany.

 

“Wow. That’s a lot. What’s the occasion?”

 

“Do you really need to ask? Or is that supposed to be a rhetoric question?” Tiffany chuckled hearing the respond.

 

They both ate while bantering and having jokes. They talked many and random things, mostly about what they did during being separated by time and distance. Taeyeon updated Tiffany that she would do comeback this December plus the well-planned solo Christmas concert together with a new single album. Tiffany was proud and in return, she told Taeyeon how she spent her days during in state.

 

“I am full. Thank you for the breakfast, baby.” Tiffany kissed Taeyeon’s cheek.

 

“You are welcome.” Taeyeon blushed. She put the empty plates and dirty dishes on the table. She then went back to the bed, sitting beside Tiffany.

 

“Now that we are full and our stomachs are bloated; don’t you think we need to exercise?” Taeyeon crawled until she was on top of Tiffany.

 

“What are you insinuating?” Tiffany pretended not to know.

 

“It means an invitation to make love with me.” Taeyeon bent her arms so her face was brought closer to Tiffany.

 

“Ugh. The invitation sounds scary. Is it mandatory for me to attend then?” Tiffany smiled, eyes boring through Taeyeon’s eyes. She could see lust and love in Taeyeon’s eyes which she couldn’t find in anyone’s eyes.

 

“Uh huh. It’s the payment for the breakfast so you have to say yes or there will be interest to the loan.” Taeyeon carefully let her arms go, so her body would directly encumber Tiffany’s body.

 

“Wow and since when you’ve become a loan shark, huh?”

 

“Humor me.” Taeyeon pulled the knot loose. She breathed deeply when she had a sneak peek to what’s hidden beneath the slightly opened bathrobe.

 

“Then I want to settle the loan complete with the interests.” Tiffany wrapped her arms around Taeyeon’s neck, pulling her face down.

 

“With pleasure.” Taeyeon sealed the deal with a kiss. The kiss was slowly growing from being merely lips touching into something more fervent, intense, and surely passionate. Hands traveled, moans were heard, and joints were arched into random angles when each of them had their highs alternately.

 

“Wow. Why are you so hard to please this morning?” Taeyeon wiped clean. She her fingers alternately and Tiffany’s eyes burned with lust seeing the scene.

 

“Don’t try to make that move on me, Taeyeon.” Tiffany warned breathlessly.

 

“What moves? I didn’t do anything.” Taeyeon tilted her head.

 

“That. your fingers like that when we both know what’s on your fingers.” Tiffany plopped her body back to the bed, feeling tired and delighted at the same time.

 

“But it’s a waste not to it.” Taeyeon smirked.

 

“Come here you little ert!” Tiffany pulled Taeyeon down. The brunette then turned sideways, hugging Taeyeon.

 

“So what’s really bringing you back? I know you and I know me. You always plan out everything; every decision you make will be based on data or at least experiences and assumption. Besides, we didn’t really communicate that often lately. So your arrival strongly shocked me.” Taeyeon explained.

 

“You’re not happy that I’m back?” Tiffany hugged Taeyeon closer.

 

“It’s not that. I just want to know the real reason. Of course I’m more than happy now that I have you back in my arms although if it wouldn’t be for too long.”

 

“Who you were close with when I wasn’t around?” Taeyeon raised an eyebrow. She carefully placed Tiffany’s head on the pillow so she could sit properly.

 

“What do you mean?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“I saw it on social media. You went out with Seolhyun.” Blunt was one of Tiffany’s particular traits that Taeyeon and her members had acknowledged since the woman joined SNSD.

 

“What are you implicating?” Taeyeon kept her composure.

 

“Why didn’t you say anything about it? Why didn’t you tell me that you have gone out with her several times?” Tiffany literally attacked Taeyeon with the questions.

 

“I don’t have anything beyond friendship with her if that’s what you mean. We’re nothing but friends hanging out together.” Taeyeon calmly stated.

 

“If you’re merely friends then why didn’t you tell me? Why you never said anything about that woman when we’re on the phone or maybe through texts? You have so many chances to tell me but you decided not to.” Tiffany argued. Her voice tone changed into a higher one, as if she blamed Taeyeon and suspected Taeyeon doing something funny behind your back.

 

“The same reasons why you never said anything about going out with that jerk.” Taeyeon hissed, trying hard not to explode. She hated having arguments with Tiffany, moreover when most of the time Taeyeon would be the one who took the blame.

 

“Who?”

 

“That bastard from FEM.” Taeyeon looked away.

 

“Kev? That jerk has a name you know! And I have told you before that I would go with him. How’s that related with you going out with Seolhyun without my consent and permission?” Tiffany retorted, still with the same tone.

 

“How many times again you told me that you’re going with him? 1 time and how many times exactly that you went out with the same man? So many times. Media even caught you going with him to the H&M event. Did you tell me about it? No. Numerous eyes saw it while you left me being kept away in the dark; knowing nothing about my own lover’s where about or with whom she’s with at that moment.” Taeyeon indignantly said.

 

“So is this all about? You’re being vindictive toward me and you did your own revenge by going out with another woman behind my back? Wow and I thought I knew you so well.” Tiffany scoffed.

 

“I thought I knew you well too. But I guess it’s indeed in the past. I knew you that well but I don’t know much about you now. People are suspecting that you have something amiss going on with him. The only time you said you would go with him was when you went to Disneyland with your cousin and friends. How about the rest? None.”

 

“But I don’t have anything going on with him! We are not more than friends. Yes, he asked me to join his agency and I clearly remember I have told you about it. How come you accused me that I am not being loyal to you when I always update you about my well-being from time to time?!” Tiffany burst out, revealing each and every attempt she had made to retain her relationship with Taeyeon.

 

“And you even created your own sweet escape with that woman. How could you?” Tiffany shook her head, disappointed.

 

“Disneyland, lunch, dinner, H&M events, studios. What else did I miss?” Taeyeon smiled sadly.

 

“Wow. Have you turned yourself into a stalker? Or a fanatic scary fan of mine? Tell me, did you even send an agent to follow me around and maybe take my pictures and send it back to you as a strong evidence that you could use to accuse me cheating on you?” Tiffany went overboard, obviously oblivious about the pain she had caused through her words.

 

“You have changed. You are not the same Tiffany whom I met for the first time. Taeyeon sighed, feeling too tired to even defend herself.

 

“Don’t you try to distract the main problem, Tae.” Tiffany was still angry.

 

“Look at your sent items. How many times you have told me that you’re so excited about joining the agency? About how nice he was toward you, that he’s a gentleman and that you didn’t have any idea why he’s still single or how many people called him as player? Or that time when you mentioned that he’s generous and didn’t let you pay for the meals during your visit to Disneyland?” Tiffany became silenced.

 

“From scale 1 – 10, you mention his name 8 times while the rest 2, you would tell me about your activities. Asking about how I am or what I am doing is sporadic. Do you even still love me? Do you still care about me? If I didn’t tell you about my future schedule, would you have known?” Taeyeon waited but the latter didn’t say a thing.

 

“I know the answer would be no when actually, it’s been announced on the social media. You don’t need to be a huge fan of me to know it. But, isn’t it funny that my own lover doesn’t even have an idea about it?” Taeyeon took a deep breath, contemplating what she should say next.

 

“You don’t know about me or what I did for the past months but you know that I went out with Seolhyun. With every night I lay awake thinking of you. With every day we grow apart. Do you realize how drastic the number phone calls or messages have been reduced for the past month?” Taeyeon clenched her jaw, trying hard not to breakdown and cry.

 

“Of course I still love you! Why, you don’t love me anymore?!” Panic was clearly detected on Tiffany’s voice.

 

“I still love you too.” Taeyeon smiled albeit it couldn’t reach her eyes.

 

“When was the last time you said those three words through either messages or phone call?” That again shut Tiffany up. She didn’t even realize how she had been selfish; telling Taeyeon about her future plan etc. without asking Taeyeon back or even considering Taeyeon’s suggestion on it.

 

“Say, Fany-ah. Do I still play a significant role in your future plan?”

 

“Of course!”

 

“As what?”

 

“…..”

“Wait! Why are you talking about another thing when we haven’t done about the initial issue? Why didn’t you tell me about Seolhyun, Tae? If you really have nothing suspicious with her, then you should have told me in the first place.”

 

“I need a friend, Fany-ah. I am lonely. Life is not that fun anymore now that I am alone.”

 

“But there’s still Sunny, Hyo, Yuri, or even Yoona. Or you could even hang out with Red Velvet members. Why must someone who’s not even from your agency?”

 

“Would it make a difference?” Taeyeon’s expression was flat and it scared the hell out of Tiffany.

 

“Of course! At least I know it’s someone from SM and I wouldn’t be too worried about it.”

 

“Why didn’t you tell me about him? That you’re going out with him more than just once. That event is too big to be missed and yet I wouldn’t have known if not from the officials and social media.” Taeyeon asked in return.

 

“I am sorry. I don’t think it’s necessary.” Tiffany palmed her face, feeling regretful.

 

“And yet you said that you wanted to go to H&M event. What’s been missed was the fact that you’re going with him. Do you not have a girlfriend over there? Like none at all?”

 

“You are not one who forget things, Fany-ah. There must be a reason why you didn’t tell me.”

 

“I have told you the first time I went out with him so I personally think I don’t really need to update you every single time I go with him again. I know how possessive you can be at times and I want to avoid it if I can. I don’t want to have a fight with you, moreover because of someone whom I don’t care about. But I swear that I never did anything funny with him or with others. The only person I love is you and it will stay that way, Taeyeon-ah.” Tiffany’s voice softened.

 

“How selfish can you be? You are angry at me for not telling you about Seolhyun but you thought it’s okay for me not to know that you’re going out with him often. Do you call it fair, Fany-ah?” Taeyeon shook her head, disapproving the idea.

 

“I wouldn’t be angry if you told me you went out with her, even just once. But you never brought her over our conversation so I didn’t know, well until I found out myself through Instagram and other medias.” Tiffany explained.

 

“Thus you decided to come here and clarify it, right?” Tiffany looked hesitant but nodded her head at the end.

 

“I don’t know what to say or do. For the past 3 months, we barely communicated and now that you’re here, we’re having an endless argument without any clear resolution.”

 

“And this wouldn’t happen if you could be more expressive with words and honest to me.” Tiffany huffed.

 

“Say, are we not that compatible anymore, Fany-ah?”

 

“Huh? I don’t think I get what you mean.” Tiffany frowned.

 

“I am tired of fighting with you. I don’t want to fight anymore. Blame me all you want. Ask anyone you know and you will find out that I am loyal to you; that what I did with Seolhyun was nothing beyond normal actions toward a friend.” Taeyeon expressionlessly said.

 

“You know clearly how she has interests in you and yet you still chose to befriend her instead of befriend others. What if she tries to approach you and makes you change opinion about her? What if you end up feel attracted to her?”

 

“And you think I don’t know what his real intention for you? He obviously wants nothing but owning you and claiming you as his! Not as an artist in his agency but as his girlfriend! Do you really that blind not to notice this?!” Taeyeon was on her breaking point.

 

“Put more trust in me please! I know how to take care of myself and defend myself from him. I still have friends who can remind me about it but you.. You said yourself that you are lonely. That loneliness can be utilized as a weapon to have you, Tae! You should have equipped yourself with-“

 

“Stop it, Fany-ah.” Taeyeon’s next words caught Tiffany off guard.

 

“I have said I am tired of fighting. I thought you’re here because you missed me but it turned out that it’s because you don’t have enough trust in me.” Taeyeon sighed.

 

“Let’s give each other some space. I don’t think our relationship is healthy anymore.” Taeyeon’s lips were trembling when she said those words.

 

“Wh-what?” Tiffany asked again, unsure about what she just heard.

 

“For the past hour we haven’t met a mutual agreement. You keep on blaming me for what I did. Yes, I was wrong but it doesn’t mean you are right. You know you’re wrong too in a way or two. You’re just defending your pride and don’t want to admit it.” Taeyeon exclaimed.

 

“I am wrong because I went out with her without your permission but at the same time, you never asked my permission when you went out with him. We’re both wrong. Period.” Taeyeon added.

 

“But.. We used to fight a lot to in the past. No need for taking it that far, Taeyeon-ah.” Tiffany grew panic. She knew she was too emotional and failed to restraint her anger but she never once thought that Taeyeon would say the forbidden words.

 

“I don’t think I can anymore, Fany-ah. I cannot live the rest of my life being insecure of our relationship, assuming negative things when you go out with someone else while you think that I’d be okay and live my life normally for as long as I have you as a lover or as long as I don’t know that you go out with others. I.. I can’t.” Taeyeon looked down, breathed hardly.

 

“What’s wrong with being jealous? Jealousy in every relationship is normal when its amount is moderate. In fact I am jealous too with Seolhyun. That’s why I came back here without notice.”

 

“We can do better, Tae! We have so many rooms for improvement! We still can fix this!” Tiffany insisted.

 

“How can you say that it’s moderate jealousy? It’s far more complicated than that. I am jealous of the fact that you went out with that jerk but I couldn’t show it. You know why? Because I have to pretend I didn’t know you went out with him. Why should I ? Because you didn’t think it’s important for me to know whom you are going out with!!” Taeyeon’s face went red and Tiffany swore she never once saw a scary Taeyeon like now.

 

“I cannot even express my jealousy even if you told me beforehand because you’re not physically here. It’s futile, Fany-ah. I too have become someone I never knew I could be. The jealousy was smoldering more than I expected. I became childish and purposely went out with another girl and didn’t tell you about it.” Taeyeon’s voice softened. She took a deep breath, trying to control her anger so she wouldn’t burst again.

 

“We both have changed. It’s like we are not in a relationship. I don’t like this either but I am running out of ways to fix this, to fix us. It’s unfixable for as long as we both live in different countries and for as long as we have different views about the future. I am sorry but I can’t keep on pretending that I am okay with this; that nothing will change us for as long as we are staying as lovers.” Taeyeon ran her fingers through her messy hairs, feeling that her energy had been drained out completely.

 

“I am sorry, Fany-ah. Let me be selfish for just this one time. I need more space and so are you.” Taeyeon tilted her head, staring at the face she had grown to love for over a decade.

 

“No. Don’t do this to me, Taeyeon-ah. I am so sorry. I was wrong for not telling you about him but.. but-“ Tiffany started to cry, finding it hard to believe t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter