Stupid

Traits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The front door opened. Lights . Steps of foot could be heard. The door locked again and the sounds of a person just entered the living room could be heard louder.

 

“Where have you been?”

 

“Work.”

 

“For God sake, Sunny! You work as a secretary! Which secretary would go home this late? It’s almost midnight!” Taeyeon devastatingly said.

 

“Well, obviously my work when my boss came home late also. Sighed. I am tired already and I would appreciate it if I don’t have to argue with you. Thank you.” Sunny turned her heels toward the spared bedroom and slammed the door closed.

 

“Sighed. What have we become, Sunny? We used not to be like this.” Taeyeon fell back to the cold couch where she often spent her lonely time waiting for her wife at.

 

Taeyeon and Sunny were married. It’s been 3 years since they have been official and said their vows in front of God; for better or worse until death did them apart. They used to be so lovey-dovey and in love with each other. Well, their first meeting wasn’t that good but as time went by, they grew to love each other and finally decided to settle once and for all.

 

Taeyeon had been rich for all of her life, but she wasn’t the type of person who liked to boast her wealth and be the most famous woman in the clubs. No, she wasn’t all that. Vice versa, she preferred to spend her time reading and watching. She was like that since school started. That’s why, she didn’t have that many friends, unlike her best friend Tiffany. Yet, she didn’t mind. She thought she didn’t need that many friends who would after her money. She needed those who would accept her the way she was and who would stay.

 

Sunny wasn’t as lucky as Taeyeon. She had almost lost her mother when she was 15 due to cancer. Sunny’s father worked as security in the company owned by Taeyeon’s father. News traveled fast and even the CEO knew that his employee needed support which he was willing to give. Taeyeon’s father visited Sunny’s mother. He asked Taeyeon to go with him and that’s when Taeyeon met her for the first time. Taeyeon had never been in love before. How could she, when she spent most of her time being alone and maybe with Tiffany at times?

 

Taeyeon saw how Sunny attentively helped and took care of her mother. She bathed her mother, fed her, and patiently fulfilled every need that her mother craved. The day Taeyeon met Sunny was the day she fell in love with the latter. Time passed so fast that before she knew it, she had successfully become Sunny’s best friend too. Sunny joined the community along with Tiffany and Sooyoung, Tiffany’s best friend.

 

Sunny’s father was in huge debt or that’s what he liked to think. So when he knew how Taeyeon felt attracted to Sunny, he hurriedly told Taeyeon’s father and intended to help Taeyeon in getting Sunny. Taeyeon’s father confronted her and Taeyeon couldn’t say anything to deny it. Her father surely was shocked but knowing Taeyeon had never asked anything from him, unlike her little sister, Hayeon, he finally approved and talked about it further with Sunny’s father.

 

Sunny was petite yet very attractive. She had well-shaped lips and a beautiful smile. She had numerous guys queuing for her, waiting for her to be available. She had many exes so it was very unexpected when her father suddenly told her that he wanted her to be together with Taeyeon. Sunny was angry, she felt her father was totally unfair. She had an older sister so why not her instead? Why it had to be Sunny that would be given to Taeyeon?

 

Her father tried to talk it out with her. He hinted at how Taeyeon only interested in her, not with her older sister. Sunny got the hints well, but instead of accepting it, she ran away and confronted Taeyeon. She was so mad at her that she yelled even to the point she hit her until Taeyeon hugged her and calmed her down. Taeyeon asked for an apology and promised she would do something about it. Besides, at that time Sunny had a boyfriend, so how could she be so selfish and force her feelings on her? Nope, she wasn’t that kind of person.

 

Taeyeon tried every way to save Sunny from her own father. She talked to her own father, yet her father could only shrug and say that it was up to her. Then, she went to Sunny’s father and he smiled, saying that he was so sure no one could make Sunny happy but Taeyeon; that he trusted her so much; and that he would never accept anyone to be Sunny’s husband if it’s not Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon lost hope and admitted it to Sunny. Sunny felt touched by all the things Taeyeon had done for her. Secretly, Sunny convinced herself to try liking Taeyeon in the same way. Eventually, Sunny’s prayer was answered. She could like Taeyeon that way, not to the point of falling in love but it’s enough for then. Sunny gave some clues to Taeyeon, sneakily held her hand, and finally pretended to fall just to be able to kiss Taeyeon on the lips.

 

Taeyeon felt a new hope flew into her. She followed the lead and braced herself to confess. Sunny accepted her with a sincere smile. 6 months after, they decided to just get married and live happily together. Taeyeon’s aim was forever but maybe, just maybe it’s time for her to abort her plan and crush the dream away. Why? Because, obviously, the Sunny she knew had changed and she wasn’t so sure anymore that Sunny still loved her as much as she still did toward Sunny.

---

 

“Yes, Fany?” Taeyeon answered the phone.

 

“Has Sunny home? I swear I didn’t see her on her table before going home earlier.”

 

“Yeah. Well, she reasoned out that she had work. Maybe meeting outside.” Taeyeon defended.

 

“She works as a secretary, Tae. Why would she follow her boss to have a meeting outside? Besides, Mr. Lee was outside of town. She lied to you. You better investigate it and ask her for details”

 

“Not now. She just came home. I am sure she is tired.” Taeyeon ended the topic.

 

“You are always like this, Tae. She has lie to you more than I can remember yet you still try to defend her and pretend that all of it was true. How stupid can you be? Please don’t let her hurt you further. You don’t deserve this.”

 

“It’s late. We have work tomorrow. Thank you for your attention, Fany. I am so lucky to have you as my best friend. Goodnight.” Taeyeon waited.

 

“Goodnight..” With a sigh, Tiffany hung up.

 

Tiffany and Sunny worked in the same company. Tiffany was legal while Sunny worked as Director’s secretary or could be called an executive secretary. Taeyeon was the one who helped Sunny to join the company through Tiffany. While Taeyeon worked as a manager in the Business Development Department in her father’s company.

 

Tiffany was one who would always there for Taeyeon in her ups and downs. It was funny that Sunny was the one who said the marriage vow but Tiffany was the one who fulfilled it. Taeyeon could never comprehend it why Tiffany was always so kind to her when they had opposite personalities. Tiffany had always been it girl; clubbing, dancing, joining cheerleader back in university, being a committee in almost every event, and such. Who was Taeyeon? People barely knew her, but what’s weird was, never once Tiffany left her; never since high school.

 

Different from Taeyeon’s and Sunny’s meeting; Taeny meeting was a not so normal one. Taeyeon had been educated well with so many courses after school, starting from the piano, violin, English & France languages, and so many more. Tiffany came from the states and could barely speak Korean. Luckily, Tiffany entered the same school and the same class with Taeyeon back in high school.

 

Taeyeon always helped to translate and to comprehend what she wanted to say. She was always there for Tiffany to help her speak in Hangul. She even taught her patiently. In return, Tiffany too never left her even until so many years. Even when Tiffany was out with her famous best friends, never once she left Taeyeon. She introduced Taeyeon to her friends with pride. If her friends mocked her, Tiffany would easily leave the community and find the better one. It was always like that since then.

 

Unfortunately, Taeyeon didn’t fall in love with Tiffany even after all she had done for her. Nope. All she felt for Tiffany was love toward a friend, nothing more. So, when Tiffany knew how Taeyeon liked Sunny, she was startled like a lightning electrocuted her. She was disappointed and mad at herself. Why she never once took the chance to say what she had been feeling all this time? But it’s all too late. The moment Taeyeon confessed her attraction for Sunny was the same day she announced that Sunny had said yes to the marriage proposal.

---

 

“Hey!” Taeyeon smiled and walked closer to the table.

 

“Hey! Are you here for Sunny? I think she has out, eating with friends.” Tiffany half lied. In fact, Sunny was out with the same man for the last month.

 

“Ah. It’s okay. Do you have any plan for lunch?” Taeyeon hid her disappointment.

 

Since the very short argument last night, Taeyeon hadn’t talked with her wife. This was the longest they were in the cold war. Usually, Taeyeon would give up and approached Sunny and finally apologized, even when obviously, it was Sunny’s fault. Taeyeon didn’t mind, because love meant forgiving; it meant accepting the flaw and erasing bad record. She was so in love with Sunny, so she didn’t mind. She could bear it, or so she thought.

 

“Not really.” Tiffany lied again.

 

“Wanna have lunch with me? I didn’t expect Sunny to go out earlier than usual. You won’t let your best friend to eat alone, right?” Taeyeon persuaded with her contagious smile.

 

“Stop it, Tae. Ugh.. Sure then. Let me send this last email first.” Tiffany went back to her keyboards, typing away some words before clicking the send button.

 

“Okay. I will go to toilet first. I will wait for you at the lobby.” Taeyeon turned away and didn’t forget to greet others before going to the toilet.

 

“Hello? Oppa. I am sorry I cannot have lunch with you. Yeah, work is kind of hectic today. Raincheck? Okay, tomorrow it is then. Thank you, Oppa. Uhm.. Love you too.” Tiffany ended the call and sighed. She couldn’t say Sunny was a liar when she too was a liar. She didn’t know how many times she had lied to her boyfriend just so she could spend her time with Taeyeon.

 

“Taeyeon, again huh?” Sooyoung’s voice surprised her.

 

“Omo! You almost got me a heart attack!” Tiffany rubbed her chest.

 

“Give it up, Tiff. Taeyeon is married and you have a boyfriend. Go for a safer one.” Sooyoung massaged her temple.

 

“I didn’t do anything wrong, okay? I knew she’s married and it’s not like I am planning to ruin her marriage anyway.” Tiffany frowned, didn’t like what Sooyoung was insinuating.

 

 “You just lied to both of them and you yourself know that it’s not the first time. I am sure it won’t be the last time also.” Sooyoung argued back.

 

“It’s none of your business, Soo.” Tiffany looked away.

 

“Look. I know it’s not mine. But I care for you. It’s the longest and the most stable relationship you have, Tiff. Don’t you want to settle? We’re not young anymore. Even I already have a three years old son now.” Sooyoung said softly.

 

“I know. I just need more time.” Tiffany lowered her voice.

 

“How many years do you need more? You’re almost 30! Wait. You will be 30 years old this August and your boyfriend is one year older. I have faith he would propose you one of these days, and what will your answer be?” Sooyoung took a seat in front of Tiffany.

 

“Well, it’s been 3 years since I have been together with him.” Tiffany locked her computer.

 

“Doesn’t mean you will say yes though,” Sooyoung added.

 

“Do you even love him?” Sooyoung asked.

 

“What?! Of course, I do! I wouldn’t be last this long with him if I didn’t love him. I feel offended, Soo.” Tiffany growled. Good thing she had her own room that her workmates wouldn’t able to hear the conversation.

 

“I knew you said yes to her just because you need a shelter to run to. You need a person to accompany you to Taeyeon’s wedding; the event you couldn’t attend alone. That’s the reason, right?” Sooyoung reminded.

 

“It was in the past, Soo. He is a good person so it’s not hard to fall in love with him.” Tiffany reasoned out.

 

“You are a grown-up woman. You know what’s wrong and what’s right. I just hope you will choose the wiser one. Forget her, or stay away from her if possible. She is nothing but a bad influence for you.” Sooyoung stated.

 

“Don’t say bad things about her. You know it’s not right. She didn’t do anything wrong. It’s me who decided to be involved with this mess. Don’t blame her.” Tiffany seriously exclaimed.

 

“Then how could you forget her or even vanish the love you have for her if you often meet her?” Tiffany quickly looked at the door, ensuring Taeyeon wasn’t there when Sooyoung said things related to her feelings for Taeyeon.

 

“I gotta go. Taeyeon is waiting for me.” Tiffany stood up, obviously wanted to end the conversation.

 

“It’s been more than 10 years, Tiff. It’s been too long. Move on, have your own life with someone who truly deserves your love.” Sooyoung stood up too, knowing how Tiffany started to get annoyed with her.

 

“Thank you for reminding me, Soo. But as you have said, I am a grown-up woman. I know what to do and what not to do. Now if you’ll excuse me.” Tiffany grabbed her purse and walked away first. Sooyoung could only sigh and prayed for Tiffany from afar.

---

Tiffany arrived on time. It would be another 15 minutes before Taeyeon’s plane landed safely. She parked her car and locked the door before running a little toward the entrance. She looked for the right terminal and waited there patiently. Not long after, the door slide, and there she was; the love of her life, the only person who could make her heart beating uncontrollably for the past ten years.

 

“Hey!” Taeyeon greeted.

 

“Hey,” Tiffany said back.

 

“You are on time. Thank you for picking me up by the way.” Taeyeon used the cart brought by Tiffany and put her luggage there.

 

“I thought you wouldn’t be back until Monday. And today is Friday.” Tiffany walked beside Taeyeon.

 

“Ah. Tomorrow is my wedding anniversary so I wanted to be there to celebrate it with her.” Taeyeon said shyly.

 

“3 years, huh?”

 

“Yep.”

 

“I assume you bring something for the gift then.” Tiffany said nonchalantly, trying hard not to be affected by the fact that Taeyeon was talking about the woman she hated the most.

 

“Of course. I bring her favorite brand. It’s a dress with its matching bag and heels.” Taeyeon proudly boasted.

 

“And you didn’t bring anything for the one who just lied to her boss just so she could pick you up at the airport.” Tiffany pouted.

 

“I never said I didn’t bring anything. I will show you later. Have you had dinner?” Taeyeon smiled.

 

“Not yet. Are you planning to treat me something nice?” Tiffany replied.

 

“Sure. Pick your favorite restaurant and I will pay as a thank you.” Taeyeon nodded. Tiffany could finally smile.

 

Taeyeon let Tiffany drove. She checked her mobile phone, hoping there would be messages coming from her wife, asking about her whereabout or simply about whether she had eaten or not. Yet, to her disappointment, Sunny didn’t message her at all. Taeyeon wasn’t that dense. She felt how Sunny’s feelings for her had gradually changed and it’s not for the better. But she still hoped she could make it work again, that’s why she never gave up and kept on trying to reach Sunny no matter how Sunny tried to avoid her.

 

“What’s wrong, Tae?” Tiffany sensed that Taeyeon was suddenly quiet.

 

“Eh? Nothing.. Is it still far?” Taeyeon quickly locked her phone and put it inside her pocket.

 

“Not really. We will reach there in 10 minutes if the traffic is kind.” Tiffany answered.

 

“Good. I am starting to get hungry.” Taeyeon rubbed her tummy.

 

“Oh you always are. I wonder how Sunny can always feed you all the time. Can she cook well?” Tiffany asked, totally oblivious to Taeyeon’s mood.

 

“She can cook better than you. That’s that.” Taeyeon faked a smile.

 

“Hmmpph.” Tiffany then pretended to give a cold shoulder until they had arrived.

 

“Let’s go, Tae.” Tiffany exclaimed.

 

“You can go first. I need to take something in my luggage. Give me your car keys.” Taeyeon opened her palm, asking for the keys.

 

“You’re not planning to leave me, are you? Do that and I promise I will give you the silent treatment for a year!” Tiffany threatened.

 

“Of course not!” Taeyeon said loudly.

 

“I am just kidding, you minion. Come in quickly after that.” Tiffany threw the keys.

 

“Thank you… Wait! I am not a minion!!” Taeyeon yelled in protest and Tiffany stifled her laugh as she walked inside the restaurant.

 

Taeyeon shook her head as a smile decorated her face. She and Tiffany were always like that; throwing jokes casually and never once lost a topic to talk about. She never clicked with anyone like how she did with Tiffany, not even with Sunny. But well, things happened when you least expected it so instead of falling in love with Tiffany, she fell for Sunny and finally got married. She opened the car trunk and took the gifts she brought for Tiffany. She knew Tiffany would love it.

 

“What took you so long? And what is that?” Tiffany pointed at the shopping bag that marked with her favorite brand.

 

“Is that.. OH MY GOD!!!” Tiffany exclaimed too loudly. She barely cared about how others guest looking at her weirdly.

 

“Yep! This is for you.” Tiffany hurriedly snatched away the bag and opened it just to find an elegant bag, luxurious wristwatch, and a passport case; all with the same brand.

 

“So you won’t be feeling jealous with Sunny again, right?” Taeyeon chuckled to see Tiffany’s happy expression.

 

“Thank you so much, Taetae! You are the best!!” Tiffany leaned in and kissed Taeyeon’s cheek.

 

“Yo-you’re welcome.” Taeyeon pretended to clear . She blushed.

 

They ate dinner together. Tiffany told her story about her friends at work along with the company’s cases with the customer. When Tiffany had done, Taeyeon shared her journey when she was in France to look for a potential areas to expand the business. Taeyeon also said how she made spare time just to attend the fashion show just so she could share the result with Tiffany. Tiffany was addicted to fashion and Taeyeon was just too kind that she did as she was told by Tiffany.

 

When dinner’s done, it meant they had to go back to their respective places. Tiffany drove Taeyeon home and didn’t forget to say thank you again for the umpteenth time. Taeyeon only smiled and nodded her head. They said their goodbyes and promised to meet up for lunch on Monday or Tuesday. Once Taeyeon got off, Tiffany made an attempt to call her Oppa. She again had to cancel their date because Taeyeon suddenly called and asked her to pick Taeyeon up. Tiffany always prioritized Taeyeon and again, she canceled the date.

---

 

Taeyeon dragged her luggage tiredly. She just managed to sleep for a good 3 hours before her phone rang, signaling that it’s already time for her to wake up if she didn’t want to be left by her plane. So yes, the dizziness was still there. She felt her head was so heavy and she could barely walk straight but she needed to be home. It would be half an hour before the day changed. She wanted to celebrate her anniversary together with her wife, wishing she could make Sunny love her like before. She had successfully made her fall in love with her once, so supposedly the chance was still there, right?

 

Taeyeon was right in front of the door now. She couldn’t wait to surprise Sunny and see her expression once she knew that Taeyeon had gotten home. However, she couldn’t hope too high, remembering how she and Sunny weren’t in a good situation. It would be hard, she realized that but she’s willing to try, that if Sunny wanted to give her the second chance. She wasn’t sure what the main problem was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter