Emotional

Traits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

'Be patient, Fany. You only need to pass 5 stations more and it will end.' Tiffany enchanted to herself.

 

This was the first time she took the train to her office thanks' to her car's flat tire. Unluckily, Tiffany acknowledged it when she was about to go to work so she didn't have time to call the repairman. Again, she was unfortunate for she had an important meeting with a client today that she must come to work.

 

No taxi was seen and there she was, inside a packed train being patient with the man behind her who had deliberately d her twice. Yes, she knew she was being harassed ually but she was too annoyed to even react. Besides, the train was full of people that she had no space to move even a bit.

 

"Yah! What the hell are you trying to do to her?! you old man! I'll make sure you're gonna get arrested." She heard a woman slightly behind screamed.

 

"Guard! He has been trying to ually harass the woman. Come here quickly!" Tiffany then realized the woman tried to report the man who d her earlier.

 

"I..I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do that. It's just.. The train was so full and I was being pushed from behind that I accidentally touched her." The man whom Tiffany assumed as the culprit said.

 

"Stop lying you ert! Do you think I didn't see what you did to her?! You d and squeezed her !" The woman yelled a little bit louder and Tiffany could only blush in embarrassment.

 

"How can I help you, Mam? I heard you calling for security." Suddenly a man in uniform came. The people around her started to make space enough for her to turn around and witness the event.

 

"Yes. I saw him ually harassed this woman here." Tiffany saw a slightly shorter woman with black jet shoulder-length hair was trying to defend her.

 

"Is that true, Madam?" The man turned to her.

 

"No, it's not." Tiffany finally saw the ert man. From his looks, he was in his 40 so Tiffany glared at him and didn't think twice to nod her head.

 

"Yes, he did. He had d my several times." Tiffany confirmed.

 

"Okay. You come with me now." The security stood behind the culprit and pushed him hard on his back.

 

"Thank you for reporting this case and we are sorry for this. We ensure he will get the punishment rightly." The security bowed and excused himself, along with the captured man.

 

"Are you alright?" Tiffany turned to the one who had helped her.

 

"Yes.. Th-thank you." Tiffany stammered. She felt the woman who just stood up for her was beyond amazing despite her physical feature.

 

"No worries. I hate seeing people like that anyway. Doesn't he have a shame?! Tsk.. I bet his wife doesn't know his real attitude." The woman muttered. Tiffany smiled.

 

"Well. Here I am. Next time, you need to take care of yourself better okay?" Tiffany was too enchanted and under spell that she forgot the most important thing.

 

"Darn! I forgot to ask for her name." Tiffany sighed. She had to pass another 2 stations before dropping off.

---

 

"Tiff. Where is your car?" Tiffany turned her head to the one who asked.

 

"I didn't bring it." Tiffany shrugged.

 

"But I thought, it's fixed already?" Her friend asked again.

 

"Is it that weird for me not to bring my car?" Tiffany frowned.

 

"To be honest? Yes. I mean, you won't even leave without your car even though the distance is just meters away from your apartment." Her friend laughed.

 

"Shut up, Soonkyu!" Tiffany blushed.

 

"Stop calling me that, Miyoung.". Sunny retorted.

 

"But really. What happened to you?" The question reappeared.

 

"I just don't feel bringing it. It's cheaper to ride on the train anyway. I can't save my money which usually used to buy fuel." Tiffany said.

 

"Did you meet anyone inside the train the last time your car broke for real?" Sunny smirked. Her eyes were still focusing on the road ahead.

 

"As I said, i-"

 

"So you did. How does he look like? Besides, it's been a while since the last time you were in a relationship. Hmm.. How long has it been? A year.. Err.. Aha! A year and a half!" Sunny tapped her shoulder with one hand, being proud and all.

 

"Stop being cocky! You're only in a relationship for 2 months now." Tiffany rolled her eyes, trying to get away from the main topic.

 

"At least I'm taken and proud of it. So, how was he?" Sunny grinned.

 

"There's no he. Period. Like I've said earlier, I only try to do cost saving." Tiffany replied and closed her eyes, giving hint for Sunny not to pry. The latter got the hint and stayed silent while driving Tiffany to the nearby train station.

---

 

Tiffany sighed and threw her purse on the couch. She then walked to the kitchen to drink water to refresh her. It was undoubtedly tiring to take a train. If she could choose, she preferred to drive her car rather than to stand inside the packed train. Traffic was much more bearable for her than being paralyzed inside the train under the uncertain situation.

 

Yes, the main reason why she chose to train nowadays more like since that day was because she wanted to meet the woman who helped her to thank her more properly and if she's lucky enough, perhaps she could try to get to know her. But, luck wasn't on her side for it's already the third day since that day she rode on a train but she wasn't there. Blame the train which had too many wagons that the chance to meet her again was slim.

 

Tiffany couldn't say she liked her already. Heck, she was never one to be called gay so supposedly, she didn't like her that way... Right? But then again, it was the first time she was being defended that way. Not even one of her exes ever did that to her. So here she was, being touched by the woman's sincerity yet stupid enough to make a move before she got off of the train.

 

"Sighed. Tomorrow would be the last day I try to ride on the train. If she's not there! Then let's just call it to quit." Tiffany said to herself.

 

Tiffany was actually hoping she could get a new friend, a sincere and brave one to protect her and take care of her well. Sunny was one of her friends who did that. But, that's before she got a boyfriend. Now that's she's taken, she didn't want to make Sunny spend too much time with her. She knew her place and gave Sunny enough space to date. However, it made her felt lonely at times.

 

The day after came before Tiffany knew it. Tiffany always brought her spare work attire because the last time she took the train, she arrived being sweaty and slightly smelt weird. She wore a t-shirt and comfy pants along with flat shoes and got ready for the train station. She also ensured to just put light make up because she knew what disaster would come in a moment.

 

Tiffany didn't manage to meet her again. There went away her chance. She gave up on fate. She was determined to drive leisurely to work tomorrow. Work was hectic today. Being a key account was surely wasn't easy. She had to manage her emotion well and handle the customer nicely, that if she wanted her bonus to come out quickly. She decided to call it a day and shut down her laptop,

 

She knew she still had to analyze the result of this year's customer satisfaction survey and made an action plan after. It had to be done immediately or she could say goodbye to her bonus which she had planned to use for traveling around Europe during Christmas. She looked at the watch on her wrist which showed at 5.15 pm.

 

"The train must be still full of people and I'm too tired to be pushed around. Taxi isn't a choice either if I still want to push my luck to meet her." Tiffany talked to inner self.

 

"But can I meet her again? Today hasn't ended, right..." Tiffany thought to herself.

 

"Yeah. Fat chance, Tiff! It will be too late by then." Tiffany sighed. She then put the laptop inside the drawer, planning not to touch things related to work for the weekend.

 

"Whatever. Tomorrow is Saturday anyway. I can still go out and have fun by myself." Tiffany concluded.

 

"Tiff, are you going home?" Tiffany looked up and found Sunny standing beside her.

 

"Yep. I'm done for today." Tiffany nodded and locked her drawer.

 

"Do you bring your car today?" Sunny asked.

 

"Nope." Tiffany answered.

 

"Then let me drive you to the train station." Sunny offered.

 

"Do you not have a date tonight? Tomorrow is Saturday." Tiffany exclaimed.

 

"Err.. That can wait. I only need to ask Oppa to fetch me at home. It's not a big deal." Sunny smiled.

 

"Then you better go now. Don't make your Oppa wait. Besides, I'm planning to go to the cafe before going home. The train would be too crowded at this hour." Tiffany reasoned out.

 

"Are you sure? It's fine, Tiff. He will understand if I told him that I wanted to accompany you first." Sunny insisted.

 

"It's okay. The work is stressful today so I want to relax and enjoy a cup of coffee with a nice pastry. Go on, have a great date." Tiffany persuaded.

 

"Stubborn as usual. Okay, then. Be careful on your way home okay?" Sunny stated.

 

"Will do mother." Tiffany smiled and watched Sunny leaving her.

 

"And my favorite cafe is blocks away from this building. Way to go, Tiffy. Might as well to exercise/ Good thing I have my flat shoes over here." Tiffany encouraged herself and made an attempt to leave the office.

---

 

"Are you blind or something?! How could you spill the coffee right at my work attire!! Do you even know how much does it cost?!" Tiffany just opened the cafe's entrance door when she heard someone roaring.

 

"It's her." Tiffany held her breath. She then went to one of the vacant tables, ensuring she wouldn't be far from her idol.

 

"I.. I'm sorry, Mam. I didn't mean to do it." The waiter looked nervous and scared.

 

"Yaah.. Calm down, Taeng. It was accidental. Besides, she was tripped by your leg." The woman sat across Tiffany's angel said. Tiffany was now seated 2 tables away so she managed to hear the conversation.

 

"My leg was placed accordingly. It's her fault for being clumsy." The woman called Taeng scoffed.

 

"I want to see your manager." She turned back to the frightened waiter.

 

"Enough, Taeng!" The woman who had blonde hair said slightly louder.

 

"But.."

 

"No buts!" The blonde looked even scarier now.

 

"Just go and bring us new coffee. Make sure the one who will deliver it not you. You are dismissed." The blonde ordered. People's eyes were still staring at them.

 

"Nothing's going on here. I'm sorry for your inconvenience and you can go back to eating. Thank you." The blonde practically announced to the people there.

 

"Sighed. I hate you, Jessi." The woman said to the blonde.

 

"And I don't hate you, Taeng." The blonde grinned victoriously.

 

"Excuse me, Mam. What will you have tonight?" Tiffany pretended to clear and ordered cheese almond croissant along with her favorite macchiato. Once the waiter went away, she tried back to eavesdrop on the conversation.

 

"She's being called Taeng. But.. What's her real name." Tiffany made a note.

 

"So, was it the fourth, fifth break up within this semester alone?" The blonde asked Taeng.

 

"Don't exaggerate, Jessi. It's the third." Taeng replied, sounded annoyed judged from her tone.

 

"I'm not exaggerating! Three times in 6 months! What do you think? And it's all because of the same reason!" The blonde sounded complaining.

 

"It's not my fault! He insisted me to ride on a rollercoaster! I have told her that I wasn't feeling well that day!" Taeng argued.

 

"But it doesn't mean you have to yell at him in the crowd. It's embarrassing him somehow, you know. You really need to control your anger better." The blonde sounded disappointed.

 

"Still. It's not my fault." Taeng mumbled under her breath. Tiffany smiled a little secretly. Good thing she faced Taeng's table that she could see the latter expression and she thought that Taeng was cute.

 

"How about the ex that you scolded inside the restaurant? He was trying to be romantic to invite you to have dinner in a classy restaurant just to be yelled at." The blonde sighed again.

 

"He fed me food contained nuts! You know how I am allergic to that! What if I got itchy and bloated all of sudden?! It would cost me a fortune to consult to a doctor! I could even get hospitalized. What do you think?" Taeng protested.

 

"That's it, Taeyeon. One more break up caused by the same reason and you can say goodbye to this friendship." The blonde sounded threatening.

 

'So Taeyeon is her name. It doesn't fit her attitude, though. She's isn't silent at all somehow.' Tiffany made a judgment.

 

"Yah! But why?? I never scolded nor did I mad at you improperly." Taeyeon defended herself.

 

"I know, but some of your exes are my friends whom I introduced to you. If this continues, I wouldn't have men as friends anymore." Tiffany stifled her laugh hearing the reasons.

 

"Then stop introducing your friends to me. I can find a lover by myself." Taeyeon exclaimed proudly.

 

"Oh yeah? Did you forget how men in your office feel afraid of you? The gossips have spread, Taeng. They knew how scary you are at times. You are so emotional and often burst when they made mistakes, even a simple one." The blonde reminded.

 

"That's because they are stupid. I hate stupid people. And I'm a quality. I need to be firm and strict." Taeyeon answered casually.

 

"You can be firm and strict when needed. It doesn't mean it applies in daily life." The blonde said calmly.

 

"Can't we tal about something else? I just had a breakup and I hoped you can cheer me up, unlike now." Taeyeon smiled and Tiffany captured the smile inside her mind.

 

'How charming she can be? And her dimples.. Oh, Lord! Tiffany! What the hell are you thinking?! She's a woman for God's sakes! And her attitude isn't good. They just talked about how she's emotional in daily life. A total turn off.' Tiffany reminded herself.

 

"Whatever. Don't tell me I didn't tell you, Taeng. One day, you may regret having this trait." The blonde told Taeyeon one more time.

 

"I know, Jessi. Luckily, I didn't love any of my exes enough to feel regret." Taeyeon shortly replied.

 

"That's for now. How about later?"

 

"Well.. Let's save it for later then. Now, next topic. How's your job in your new office?" The topic changed and the croissant on Tiffany's table was cold already. The macchiato too hadn't been touched.

---

 

Tiffany didn't have any more reason to stay. Firstly, the cafe was about to close since it had passed at 9 pm and secondly, Taeyeon and her friend had left about 5 minutes ago. She asked for the bill and paid. Inside her mind, she blamed herself for staying too long. Now it would be too late to catch the train and she wasn't brave enough to ride on the train at this hour. Wanted it or not, a taxi was her only choice now.

 

Tiffany was now standing in front of the cafe, waiting for the vacant taxi. The road was lightened by street lamps. There weren't as many cars but thankfully, it was still slightly crowded. Tiffany was about to make a call to deliver a taxi when a car pulled over right in front of her.

 

"Excuse me. Can we talk?" The window opened and Tiffany saw it was the blonde woman Taeyeon talked to earlier.

 

"With me?" Tiffany made sure.

 

"Yes with you. Can we talk inside my car? I see you don't bring your car. Hop on. We can talk while I'm driving you home. Don't worry, I'm harmless." The blonde persuaded.

 

"Okay then." Tiffany didn't know what nudged her to easily say yes to the latter. Perhaps, one of the reasons was because she talked to her savior just now.

 

"My name is Jessica." The blonde introduced herself as soon as Tiffany got in.

 

"I'm Tiffany." Tiffany shook her hand with the one named Jessica.

 

"Do you know me?" Tiffany asked, pretending for sure.

 

"Nope. But I know you know my friend." Jessica said confidently.

 

"I don't understand what you mean." Tiffany looked away, making herself busy with the seatbelt she was trying to fasten.

 

"I saw how you looked at Taeyeon. But I don't think Taeyeon knows you. If she did, she would have greeted you. So tell me, how did you know her? Have you met her before?" Tiffany was bombarded with blunt unfiltered questions.

 

"Wh-what?" Tiffany was too shocked to even lie.

 

"Listen, I'll be very honest with you. Maybe you didn't realize it but I saw the flickering eyes when I mentioned Taeyeon's name. And back in the cafe, you didn't only steal glances, but you stared. I sat beside Taeyeon so I saw all that." Tiffany breathed sharply and waited.

 

"So I assumed you're interested in her. Am I wrong? If your answer is a no then let's stop the topic and tell me your address. I will still drive you home. Let's say as my gratitude for your willingness to be interfered with by me." Jessica paused.

 

"But if it's a yes, then let me help you. Taeyeon is never being gay but with the looks like you, I'm sure she wouldn't mind turning gay for once." Jessica chuckled with her own statement.

 

"I'm not a gay myself." Tiffany finally said.

 

"Ah.. I've made a bad judgment then. I'm sorry. I thought you're interested in her. What was I thinking? Maybe you were staring at the view outside." Jessica palmed her face when the light turned right.

 

"Where do you live then?" Jessica asked shyly.

 

"But I have met her indeed and that meeting unable me to forget her that easy." Tiffany continued and Jessica stepped on the brake abruptly. Fortunately, the road was empty.

 

"I'm listening," Tiffany swore Jessica smiled in triumph.

 

And so Tiffany told Jessica her address and started to reveal the real story about her first meeting with Taeyeon; how she stood up for her and even went as far as slapping the ert's hand to save her from another attempt of ual harassment. Jessica nodded and stayed quiet, listening to the story attentively.

 

"That's Taeyeon. She's always being emotional yet sincere. She stands up for fairness and righteous things. She never can let people being hurt in any way. Most of her attitudes are positive except that emotional thingy." Jessica commented.

 

"Probably it sounds simple but trusts me it's not. Her breaks up mostly caused by that singular trait. She never pays attention to where she's being angry at. Most of the time, she's angry in public places. I don't know why, but her wrath is totally uncontrollable." Jessica added.

 

"Her boyfriends or should I say exes were being embarrassed by her in public, causing them to no longer able to retain the relationship. Weirdly, none of the cases makes Taeyeon learn a lesson or two. She doesn't change at all." Jessica sighed. Now, it's Tiffany's turn to listen.

 

"Her anger is everywhere. Say, a car took over and she could be crazy and chase the car back. She wasn't like this before. She used to be cheerful and patient. But one of her exes used her kindness and sincerity. He cheated on her and even introduced his new girl to Taeyeon. Poor woman. It happened 2 years ago yet the impact still goes on until now." Jessica told Tiffany.

 

"Uhm.. I'm sorry, but why did you tell me about this?" Tiffany asked carefully.

 

"Well, just take it as a preventive action. So, should you sense she's about to go mad, you'd know what to do." Jessica smiled.

 

"Err.. I still don't understand." Tiffany honestly admitted.

 

"My intuition says you have the potential to be the one for Taeyeon. Calls me cra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter