Chapter 8

Love Me Now

Jihyo was in her last class of that day, she was so sleepy. Her head seemed to be tired and packed with information. Every word that came out from the lecturer mouth did not stayed at Jihyo’s brain. She yawned and looked at her watch, it was 5.30 p.m already.

“Okay class, that’s all for today. Don’t forget to finish your assignment at the end of the week,” and the class was dismissed after the lecturer went out. Jihyo stretched her arms and moved from her seat.

“Finally, the class is over. I’m so hungry,” Jihyo walked out through the door and suddenly her best friend, Min Jung, pops out of nowhere. Jihyo squealed a little from Min Jung sudden appearance.

“Aaahh, Min Jung you nearly gave me a heart attack. Jeez, I’m still young to have heart problems,” Jihyo rubbed her chest to calm her fast beating heart. Min Jung laughed when she saw Jihyo’s frightened face.

“Sorry, didn’t mean to scare you. What are you thinking about? You seemed to be deep in thought,” Min Jung linked her right arm to Jihyo’s and they walked through the hallway together. Jihyo just smiled when she heard Min Jung hummed her favourite song.

“You seemed to be in a good mood today,” she finally spoke out which made Min Jung stopped her humming. Min Jung turned to Jihyo and presents her cute face to Jihyo.

“Jihyo~ let’s go for some ice cream,” Jihyo looked at her with a confused look. Min Jung still gave her a cute expression to persuade her. At first, she agreed with her best friend but then Kai’s angry face came out suddenly on her mind.

“Ooohhh myyy goddd! I almost forgot about Kai,” she talked to herself while cupping her own face. Min Jung who was linking her arm to Jihyo’s was startled with Jihyo’s sudden action.

“Why? What’s wrong? Did you forget something?” Min Jung asked worriedly. Jihyo turned to Min Jung and placed both of her hands on Min Jung’s shoulder. Min Jung was bewildered with Jihyo weird act.

“Min Jung, I’m so sorry. I have to go home now. I forgot that I have to do some things,” Jihyo smiled sweetly to Min Jung with hope that she would not be angry. Min Jung confused face suddenly turned to a smile and she laughed at Jihyo.

“Min Jung are you okay? Are you going insane just because you didn’t get to eat ice cream with me?” Jihyo asked her best friend with wide eyes, worried that something goes wrong with Min Jung. However, Min Jung did not answer Jihyo’s question. Instead, her laughter became bigger which made people around them to look at them with a weird-gaze. Jihyo watched the laughing Min Jung worriedly.

“Hahaha… you silly MongJi… hahaha…. I’m not crazy because of an ice cream! I’m laughing because of you, silly,” Min Jung said between her laughter. Jihyo blinked repeatedly at Min Jung, confused.

“Just tell me you got a new boyfriend, right?” Jihyo blushed when she heard that question, “boyfriend?” Min Jung continued her laughter when she saw Jihyo’s pinky-red face.

They did not realise that Jinwoon heard their conversation. Involuntarily, he clutched his fingers into a fist.

“Why am I feeling so irritated?” he was confused with his own feelings.

 

 

-At Jihyo’s apartment-

Jihyo hurriedly climb through the stairs, blame the stupid elevator for being malfunctioning at this time. As she arrived at her apartment floor, she gasped for more oxygen. She was so tired from all the stairs. Luckily she arrived before dinner. She sighed in relief because she does not have to listen to Kai’s nag.

“I’m home~” she said while removing her shoes off. She did not hear any response from Kai which made her brows to meet in confusion.

“Hmm, it’s so quiet. Does he still asleep? Jihyo went to Kai’s room but he was not in his bed. Then, she heard water pouring in the bathroom next to Kai’s bedroom. Well, in Jihyo’s small apartment there was only one bathroom including toilet.

“Oh, he’s taking a shower. Well, I guessed I should start cooking dinner now,” Jihyo stretch her hands and went to the kitchen. She took the apron and wore it while humming a song. Jihyo really loves to cook even though it was not so delicious (oopppss).

“She was starting with cutting and washing the vegetables. Suddenly, she heard Kai calling her name.

“Jihyo? You’re home already?” Kai shouted from nowhere.

“Jeez, what a weird question?” Jihyo scoffed when she heard Kai’s stupid question.

“Yeah, I’m in the kitchen. What’s wrong? You found a cockroach?” Jihyo chuckled after she shouted back to Kai.

“Not funny Song Jihyo. I’m serious. Could you help me get my towel?” Jihyo stopped what she was doing and rolled her eyes, annoyed.

“Okay, wait a minute,” Jihyo replied.

“I don’t have a minute to wait you Miss Song Jihyo. Hurry up!” Kai shouted back which made her groaned in frustration.

“How could he forget about his towel? Stupid Kai,” Jihyo left the kitchen and went to Kai’s room. She got his towel from the closet and went to the bathroom door. She knocked the door in annoyance.

“Hey! Open up,” Jihyo yelled at the door which meant for Kai. Kai opened the door and took the towel. Then, he went out from the bathroom.

“How could you forget ab-…” Jihyo was going to turn around and her words were cut when suddenly her face were facing at Kai’s bare chest. Her face was flushed and steam of embarrassment came out from her head. Her face and Kai’s chest was nearly touched.

“Why are we standing this close?” Jihyo thought for a moment before Kai’s voice broke her thoughts.

“Like at what you see Miss?” Jihyo lifted her head to see Kai’s face but she was too shy to do so. She decided to look away and pretended that she did not care about Kai’s chest.

“Eeewww, you’re being super annoying,” Jihyo made a disgusted face for Kai’s question as an answer. Kai chuckled from Jihyo’s answer which made Jihyo huff. She walked away from Kai and went back to the kitchen to continue what she was doing earlier.

“Hmph, annoying, crazy, idiotic Kai! I should not help him. I should let him stayed at the bathroom, freezing to death,” and suddenly Jihyo’s evil laughter came out.

MWAHAHAHAHA...mwahahaha…”

Meanwhile, behind Jihyo, a fully dressed Kai was standing with a what’s-wrong-with-her face. Kai’s eyes widened when he saw Jihyo was holding a knife.

“Laughing evilly with holding a knife? There must be something wrong with her,” Kai was still looking at Jihyo, his eyes full of horror watching Jihyo laughing crazily while chopping the carrots.

Am I going to live with a crazy woman?”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Don't worry Kai, this crazy woman is pretty than the others... hehe..

I'm sorry, i'm not really good at making a love scene between this two... I'll try my best to make this story better. Maybe I should read more romance novel..hmm.