Chapter 9

Love Me Now

After they finished their meal, Jihyo washed all the dishes while Kai was watching the TV. He took a glanced at Jihyo. Somehow, he felt that he should help her. Kai took his crutch beside the couch and got up. He walked towards Jihyo.

“Need some help?” Jihyo stopped her humming and turned to Kai, behind her. Jihyo gave a smile which for Kai, that smile was the prettiest she had given. Well, Kai rarely seen Jihyo smiled to him.She always gave that precious smile of her to the annoying, friendly Dr Lee.

“When did you become such a good boy?” Jihyo scoffed which made Kai huff. She turned back to her job and smile silently at the frowning Kai.

“It’s okay Kai, I don’t want to be blame for making a sick person do all the house work,” Jihyo said with a serious tone although it sounds a little bit sarcastic to Kai.

“Hmph, she’ll never be nice to me!” hmm, that because you never be nice to her Kai.

“If you want to help me so bad, you should sit at the couch quietly while waiting for me to finish this,” Jihyo told Kai while still washing some of the plate. She sounds like a mother when she said the sentence and Kai was like her little son who wanted to play with her.

However, Kai followed Jihyo’s order with a “Fine..”  and left the small kitchen.

“Hmph… I’m so bored~” Kai was lying on the sofa while watching the TV. Few minutes later he was asleep on the sofa.

Then Jihyo, finished her job. She turned the tap and wiped her hands on her apron.

"Finally, I'm done," Jihyo smile proudly at her skill cleaning the kitchen. After looking at every inch of the kitchen, she removed her apron and hanged it on the hanger.

Jihyo left the kitchen and went to the living room where Kai was asleep.

"Hmm, he was sleeping, again," Jihyo looked at Kai in disbelief. "Seriously, does sleeping was his hobby?"

Jihyo took a seat at a single wooden chair beside the couch and stretch her arms while watching the TV. There was nothing interesting shown on the TV's screen so Jihyo turned it off. She walked to Kai's room and brought a blanket for Kai. She placed it on Kai's body. Suddenly, her eyes caught Kai's face. She sat on the floor next to the sleeping Kai.

"Hmm, he have a handsome face. He looks nice when he's asleep," Jihyo talked quietly, afraid that she would wake Kai up. Unconsciously, Jihyo Kai's blonde hair gently.

"Wait, what am I doing? Did I just... I was... caressing his hair?" Jihyo gasped in disbelief at what she had done. She pulled back her hand and stared at Kai's face.

"Huh, I must be mad," she scoffed and stood up. She turned the light to dim and walked to her bedroom.

After Jihyo was confirmed to be in her room, Kai opened his eyes slowly. His expression was unreadable. 

"What was that?" Kai eyes was wide-open from Jihyo's sudden act before. And he could feel that his heart suddenly beating, faster than usual.

"I must be mad. My heart suddenly beating like crazy," Kai clutched his shirt at the left side of his chest.

Meanwhile, in Jihyo's room...

"Ugh... I should probably go to sleep now," Jihyo rolled her body from left to right but she still could not sleep. Then, she tried counting from 1 to 100 but still to no avail. Finally, she sang a lullaby until her eyes closed.

She opened her eyes in horror and breathed heavily a few minutes later.

"Phew, that was a really bad dream. Just closed your eyes Song Jihyo and tried to sleep. Don't think of anything."

But then, as she closed her eyes, Kai's face getting closer to her came out again. She opened her eyes again. Seemed like she would not be able to sleep tonight.

 

-The next morning-

Jihyo went to her college early that morning. Why? Because she wanted to avoid Kai. She walked to the big building entrance lazily. Then someone called her from the back.

"Good morning MongJi~" it was her best friend Min Jung, brighter as always. Jihyo turned her head to her left to faced Min Jung.

"Aaaahhh...!!!" Jihyo was startled by the sudden screaming. It made Jihyo alert and woke her up from sleepiness.

"What?! What's wrong?" she asked Min Jung, worried.

"OH! MY! GOD! What happened to your face Jihyo?" Min Jung looked at Jihyo's face in horror as if she was looking at a ghost.

"Is it that bad?" Jihyo looked at the over dramatic Min Jung.

"Yes. Ommo, looked at that eye bag. And the dark circle around your eyes," Min Jung pointed at Jihyo's eyes which resembles panda eyes.

"Oh my Gucci, what did you do last night?" Min Jung asked Jihyo with a suspicious look. Jihyo looked at her back with a blank face.

"What do you mean? And why did you gave me that face?" Jihyo's answer did not make Min Jung satisfied. She became more curious when suddenly Jihyo looked away with a blushed face.

"AHA... I knew it! You naughty girl. What did you do with your new boyfriend last night?" Min Jung sounds like a reporter asking too many question to Jihyo. And that question made Jihyo's eyes widened in disbelief. 

"What do you mean by that question? Seriously, Min Jung. Stop thinking nonsense," Jihyo walked away in embarassment.

"Stop answering my question with a question Song Jihyo," Min Jung tried to run after Jihyo. "Jeez, she walked too fast."

"I know you did something with him last night, right?" Jihyo groaned from Min Jung speculation.

"Stop your nonsense Min Jung. Jeez, you should stop thinking about erted thing and get yourself a boyfriend," Jihyo sounds a bit annoyed now. Min Jung felt bad for teasing her beast friend.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you angry," Min Jung stopped Jihyo for a while and looked at her with her apologetic face. Jihyo looked at her with angry face and defeated at the end.

"Oh, okay," Jihyo sounded in defeated tone. "Promise you wouldn't do that again?" Jihyo let out a pinky finger and Min Jung replied it with her pinky. They smiled together.

"Promise. So, mind to tell me why you have that dark circle?" Min Jung tried to be serious now.

"Ugh, I can't sleep the whole night. I tried to close my eyes but I can't sleep," Jihyo complained. She was extremely tired and she had three classes on that day.

"Hmm, is it because of a boy?" Min Jung sounds like a psychiatry experts. Jihyo nodded at Min Jung question.

"How did you know?"

"Well, most of the case when a woman couldn't sleep but they didn't think of any problems, the answer is usually men," now she sound like someone on a talk show about human nature. Jihyo brows met in confusion.

"But, why?"

"Because you already in love, silly. Gosh, why are you so slow in this matter," Min jung shook her head. Jihyo's mouth was wide opened. She could not believe at what she heard. 

"So. who was that unlucky guy?" Min Jung asked jokingly while shaking Jihyo's arm.

"Huh? Oh... that guy?" Jihyo was brought back to reality from her deep thought.

"Well, yeah," Min Jung asked impatiently.

"Hmmm, some moron I  met a few days before," Jihyo tried to make it sound normal. Min Jung just made a pout at Jihyo's answer but she did not asked more because she knew that Jihyo was a girl full of secret, even to her own best friend. Then they walked together through the hallway, to their class, linking their arms together.

"There's no way I would be in love with him! Right? Min Jung was definitely wrong," Jihyo let out a soft sigh. 

 


Whoah.. finally, I finished this chapter.

So, Jihyo started to have a feelings towards Kai? Hehe... I hope you like this chapter.