Chapter 4

Love Me Now

Jihyo was staring at the young man infront of her. Jihyo's eyes never moved from his bruised face. Suddenly, the young man walked closer to her which made Jihyo instinctly moved a step backward. His dark brown, emotionless pair of eye strike a look at Jihyo's face. Fear showed clearly on her face.

"I'm asking you one more time, who are you?"

"I... uhmm... my name is.. Ji.. Jihyo.. Song Jihyo," Jihyo stammered as the young man moved closer and closer to her until he stopped a few inches from Jihyo after she told him her name. He stopped striking Jihyo his death glare and moved to his bed.

"Huh, what a weird guy," Jihyo thought quietly as she watched the young man walked to his bad with much difficulties since he was using the crutch.

"So, you have some business with me? Do I know you? the young man asked Jihyo again with his dull stare. Jihyo immediately brushed off her thought and looked at the staring young man.

"Uh... well, actually I barely know you but I'm the one who accidentally hit you the other day," Jihyo tried to avoid his gaze. "And the one who brought you here."

"Oh.. fate really wanted us to meet like this huh.." he murmured.

"Eh?" Jihyo sure that she heard the young man clearly. She swear on her favourite lolipop that this guy was so wierd. Jihyo had never met a wierdo, a total weirdo like him before. Jihyo just made a face at his statement. Luckily the young man did not see it.

"Did you pay for the bill?" Jihyo was startled a little. 

"Jeez, why did this guy always throw questions to me in a sudden. He really like it if I  die due to shock from all his sudden action," Jihyo thought for a moment.

"Yes, well, I didn't know you and you didn't have your phone with you," Jihyo tried to sound as if she doing it voluntarily.

"Thanks.." Jihyo tried to find his gaze but he tried all his best to avoid Jihyo's gaze. 

"Is he... being shy now?" she thought quietly in her mind, amused by his various personality. "But, why would he?"

"Uhm,  it's fine. Not a big deal," actually it is. "But, can I know your name?" Jihyo realised that she had not know his name yet.

"My name... it's...," Jihyo looked at him with expecting eyes. "Uhmm, people call me Kai."

"Kai?" Jihyo questioned him as if not satisfied with the answer.

"Yeah," Kai shot him a poker face which annoyed Jihyo.

"Erghh.." Jihyo shouted in frustration in her head.

"I mean your full name please," Jihyo forced a smile. Suddenly Kai looked away.

"Ehmm, it's just Kai," Jihyo scoffed in disbelief. 

"Seriously, what's wrong with this kid. Now how should I asked for his family? Even telling me his full name is so hard for him. Do I hit him too hard?" Jihyo looked at Kai who was trying to avoid Jihyo's gaze at him.

"Then, can you tell me your parents' number. Maybe your father or mother?" Jihyo was pulling out her phone and getting ready to key in the numbers. But there were no respond from Kai.

"Ehmm, hello, I'm talking to you," Kai looked at Jihyo blankly.

"Oh no.. don't tell me you don't remember your parents' phone number," Jihyo tried hardly to pray that he would not say what she was thinking, but...

"I'm sorry, I don't remember their number," he said innocently. BAM!! Jihyo looked at him in disbelief. She sigh and her hand fell beside her sides.

"Dang it. Now I can't refund my money. Wait... Song Jihyo, how can you be so mean? You're the one who responsible for what happened to him!!" Jihyo shook her head. Now, she was talking to herself.

"What am I gonna do with you now?" Jihyo whisper softly to herself while trying to think a way to find out Kai's parents' contact number.

"Ehm, if you wanted to know my address too, I'm sorry, I can't tell you," Kai looked at Jihyo blankly. Jihyo looked at him in confusion.

"And why?"

"Cause I never knew where I lived," Jihyo's mouth hanged open when she heard Kai's statement. Kai blinked his eyes at Jihyo. Seriously, that gaves Jihyo a shudder. 

"I can't believe this kid. Who on earth is he? An ancient people who traveled through time? An alien?" Jihyo started to think nonsense.

Jihyo excused herself and leaving. She promised Kai that she would visit Kai everyday until he got discharge.

Before Jihyo leave, she went to meet Kai's doctor. Jihyo forgot to asked his name and it made things more difficult for Jihyo to find that man.

As Jihyo strolled down the hallway to find the doctor, she bumped into someone. She looked up to see the person.

"Jeez, why is this guy so tall?"

"Ooopss, sorry. Didn't see you there.," the guy said with a smile.

"Did he mocking me?" Jihyo narrowed her eyes towards the man eyes. She had to lift her head though.

"Doctor?" Jihyo said as she saw the man face clearly.

"Oh, Miss the-one-who-accidentally-hit-the-poor-kid. Hi, how are you?" the young doctor smile widely at Jihyo.

"HAHA.. that's really funny," Jihyo rolled her eyes in annoyance at the doctor lame jokes. She was amused by this young doctor 'friendliness'. Maybe because he was so young.

"Hahahahaha... sorry, sorry, don't be mad. You ruined that pretty face of yours ," he continued to laugh when he saw Jihyo's eyebrow arched which made her face looks weird. Jihyo's angry face was the best! Jihyo got more annoyed. After talking to the insensitive Kai, she had to deal with the over-flowing-sense-of-humour doctor.

"Doctor, I need to talk to you about Kai," Jihyo finally voiced out to stopped the doctor's unstoppable laugh.

"Oh, so...his name is.. Kai. What's wrong with.. him? he tried to gasp for some amount of oxygen after laughing so hard.

"Well, I'm aked his full name so it'll be easier to look for his personal information. But, he just gave me his nickname and a poker face. Then, I tried to asked for his parents' phone number. But, he told me that he didn't remember their phone number. And before I could asked him about where he lived, he told me first that he never knew where he lived," Jihyo gasped after her long chattering.

The doctor looked at her, astonished at the way Jihyo talked. As if she was annoyed right now, and actually she really does. Jihyo let out a huff and looked at the doctor.

"Does he have amnesia or what? How can he didn't remember all those simple things?" Jihyo asked the doctor who was still amazed. Jihyo tried to take a glance at the doctor who was being quiet suddenly.

"Ehm, doctor, you're listening?" Jihyo waved her hands to the doctor.

"Aahh, yes," as if he was awaken from his dream, the docter responded to Jihyo's question. "Well, about your question, no. He didn't have amnesia. The hit was not that hard. He was perfectly fine except for his leg though."

"Then, why is he acting like he didn't remember anything except for his name?" Jihyo questioned the doctor as if she was Detective Conan, trying to solved a mystery. The young doctor just shrugged at Jihyo's question.

"Oh, before I forgot again, what's your name doctor?" Jihyo asked him before leaving. The doctor turned his body back to face Jihyo and gave her a gentle, sweet smile.

"Lee Jong Suk," he gave Jihyo a wink and leave.

"Oh... and I'm Song Jihyo," Jihyo shouted her name to Dr Lee.

"Jeez, why does he leaving without asking my name?" Jihyo pout at Dr Lee's behaviour.

"Yeah. I knew already," Dr Lee shouted back without facing to Jihyo and waved his hand to her. Jihyo was dumbfounded, how does he know my name?

Unconsciously, Jihyo found herself smiling out of the blue. She felt that she had knew him before, like an old friend.

On the other side, Lee Jong Suk was smiling in happiness. 

"She had change, but I'm glad you did, Jihyo..."